Meaning of Chiron

IleneK

Premium Member
Chiron symbolizes the place of your greatest wounding and your greatest healing. Chiron was a healer and teacher. Read a bit on the mythology and you will understand the meaning better.

No thoughts about how Chiron in two persons charts react to each other?

How about the thought I wrote above? How do you see Chiron's energy working between two people?

ElenaJ

I really don't understand it. When Chiron aspects the planet of another person it triggers a reaction based on the type of energy that planet gives off. But when Chiron aspects Chiron, what is happening? Wound bouncing off wound? A Chiron square the other's Chiron?

Gemini888

See it this way, You need "sacrifice" to heal yourself, chiron and 6th house have a thing in common service/heal others. Your health may be connected to that. Help others "heal" themselves and you may heal yourself.
So with 6H Virgo Chiron, my life will be very concentrated on healing. I don't know how my health is going to connect to that because I'm no doctor, but we'll see.

aldebaran

For many Centaurs we have only a small passage of Ovid as the full knowledge about them.
This way, they usually are interpreted according to a single act (usually the way they were killed by Heracles on Centaurmaquy) used as a symbol of their meaning.

Because of this it's very often for people to do the same with Chiron, interpret his meaning by a single act.
But with Chiron it's completely different, he's a so complex divinity as any other Olympian and we have even more information about him than from other great Gods.

It seems that in Archaic Greece he was quite proeminent, and his position is an indicative of a foreign deity whose position on Greek Pantheon had to be marked - only for this he's a Centaur and not a Olympian. So, I think the whole figure of Chiron should be used to interpret it - the paradigm is Chiron, the patient teacher, his whole life studying and taking students to teach, and the events of his life are all indicators of his meaning, but we should interpret the whole.

Lykanized

How do you guys think Chiron 12th house manifests? Mine's in Leo too so it's ruled by the sun of course. Does that mean it has effects on my sun?

Lykanized

I'm interested in 12th house manifestation, but particularly if it affects my sun. I feel like it must

Btw, I theorize 12th house Chiron has a lot to do with liberation from our subconscious beliefs, thoughts, and much much deeper. I tend to question my automatic, subconscious beliefs and I feel as if I'm more in touch with my subconscious than the majority of people. Similarly, I theorize that in mending this primal wound, we can help others liberate themselves from the bounds of subconscious thoughts and feelings and beliefs. Liberation is a keyword for me in thinking about my Chiron. I think it's about freeing ourselves from what hinders the expansion of our consciousness and thus in mending the wound, we're able to expand our consciousness beyond comprehension

But I also theorize that we can feel the wounds of others very easily and may be burdened by their wounds as well

Last edited:

Gemini888

On Astrodienst there is an article about Chiron's connection to the Sun. Basically it says that Chiron is our deep wound and our animalistic feeling toward it. A wounded animal isn't known for being rational, so expect to see destructive behavior toward ourselves and people around us. And because Chiron operates in our subconsciousness, it is very likely that we yearn for death deep down, no matter how much we claim to love life. The only way to survive is to tap into our Sun and transfer our Sun's desire into the subconscious. That is all I can get from the article. The rest is written in a language so abstract I can't understand.

Lykanized

On Astrodienst there is an article about Chiron's connection to the Sun. Basically it says that Chiron is our deep wound and our animalistic feeling toward it. A wounded animal isn't known for being rational, so expect to see destructive behavior toward ourselves and people around us. And because Chiron operates in our subconsciousness, it is very likely that we yearn for death deep down, no matter how much we claim to love life. The only way to survive is to tap into our Sun and transfer our Sun's desire into the subconscious. That is all I can get from the article. The rest is written in a language so abstract I can't understand.
I'm thinking this must be amplified immensely having it in the 12th house and in Leo. What do you think?

watcherofthesouth

Lykanized, I think Chiron in the 12th could manifest as the fear of being wounded.. perhaps with Love Affairs, Kids, or Leo related things. What degree is your Chiron?

IleneK

Premium Member
I really don't understand it. When Chiron aspects the planet of another person it triggers a reaction based on the type of energy that planet gives off. But when Chiron aspects Chiron, what is happening? Wound bouncing off wound? A Chiron square the other's Chiron?

That's a possibility. Also healing bouncing off of healing. Or healing from one person to the wounds of another...

Osamenor

Staff member
How do you guys think Chiron 12th house manifests? Mine's in Leo too so it's ruled by the sun of course. Does that mean it has effects on my sun?
An astrologer I know irl sums up placements in the twelfth house as taking on the wounds of your ancestors--and that's any placement in the twelfth, not just Chiron.

Twelfth house is lost secrets: the traumas your ancestors experienced that they never told anyone about, secrets that they took to the grave. It's also distant ancestors: the ones you didn't know because they died before you were born. Eighth and fourth are also ancestral houses, but they're the ancestors you knew: immediate family in the fourth, grandparent level in the eighth--eighth would have more to do with people who are deceased but you knew them in life. They're also where the less deep secrets live: those secrets can be uncovered. Twelfth house secrets, you're not going to learn exactly what they are, unless you have psychic contact with the dead, but you will live them out if you have placements in the twelfth.

Chiron's sign suggests how you feel inadequate or unsupported. Chiron in Leo is likely to have something to do with sense of self, or personal dignity. Maybe you feel you have less personal dignity than everyone else. Maybe you're particularly vulnerable to perceived (or actual) attacks on your sense of self. That doesn't necessarily mean you feel that way at every moment, but that those are going to be recurring feelings for you.

Hard angles with Pluto and Saturn suggest that this unconscious Chiron stuff is manifesting pretty strongly in your life, stronger the tighter the squares are. And this is bigger than you. It's a piece of what your entire generation is dealing with, though not necessarily in the same way for each individual.

Ukpoohbear

How does Chiron work in synastry? I can't find anything on a Chiron square Chiron between two people. Are they sharing their pain?

I also noticed there was nothing online about this synastry aspect.

I’m communicating with a guru type who has a Chiron square Chiron synastry with me. So far he said it is to be expected that one or both of us will get hurt eventually but it can also have great healing potential for us at the same time.

ElenaJ

Well, that's something to look forward to, I suppose! I have it with someone from Capricorn to libra involving 1st and 4th houses of each of us.

Ukpoohbear

His is Pisces 4th to my Gemini 9th.

There was a slight hint of hurt already, in that he didn’t respond to me for a few weeks, and I took that as a jilt with having Chiron and Mars in Gemini.

I don’t like feeling a Chiron kind of hurt. I had Chiron and Venus in a guy’s 12th house once, it was horrible lol