whole sign chart more accurate than placidus chart?

brooke24

Hi

Does anyone think the whole sign house system is more accurate for them than the over used Placidus chart? Why is the whole sign chart not used more often?

I have just had a look at the 'houses' in my whole sign chart..some are the same, some change. Reading the descriptions the 'whole sign' chart houses are much more accurate for me.

But at the same time its difficult to tell e.g. what if you have traits from BOTH houses in the different charts? e.g. sun in the 1st (placidus )sun in the 2nd (whole sign) and you just can't decide which one is stronger?

Still thinking

Why should i select between which one is stronger ?

We should select between which one is correct.

I always use whole sign house sign system.

In whole sign system sign and house are same.There is only one ruler of that house. but if we use other house system the in one house we get half aries and half taurus in one house.In this system two planets becomes ruler of one house.

Last edited:

dr. farr

It is well known here on AW that I switched from Placidus to whole sign and have never regretted this change.

There are several threads here on AW discussing the pros and cons of house systems, one recent and very interesting thread (a 5 star thread) is entitled "Whole Sign or Placidus?".

dhundhun

... Why is the whole sign chart not used more often? ...

Predictive astrology needs delineations and in Western Astrology progressions are primary tool for delineations. Try to delineate 5-10 charts every day using Western Astrology and you will have better answer.

Predictive astrology needs delineations and in Western Astrology progressions are primary tool for delineations. Try to delineate 5-10 charts every day using Western Astrology and you will have better answer.

that's great idea. I think the only way you are going to chose is to 'test the house cusps'

also with Equal house like placidus, planets simply move houses and it's upto you to do the research, even looking backwards for events, times, dates to see what if any house cusps were activated..