Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-03-2018, 02:03 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
War - do we need it?

I have a question about war. Is it really necessary? Like I once talked about this with an Aquarian man who said we need it, but I can't remember why. Something about breaking the old and starting new.
But I think of it in everyday life. The ppl in the world who are just like most psychopathic rulers/leaders. They will always exist. Stalin, Hitler, ceasar, my mother in law lol. The types of ppl who love to start fights. They need to create battles and set it up unfairly to win before the opponent even knows there's a battle, just so they can create this feeling of conquering others. Taking a sadistic pleasure in watching ppl die or suffer. An excessive need to be adored and right every second of the day.
IMO, it doesn't have any benefit to humanity. All I see is ppl dying or walking away from these war lovers. Children left homeless or unloved.
As a typical libran, I see benefits in looking after our resources, to nurture earth and humanity, for growth, for love, for creation. So I see a lot of development with these qualities.

So again, I ask, why do we need war and destruction of souls in this world?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-03-2018, 06:40 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: War - do we need it?

Death and destruction is the precursor of renewal.

Unending peace leads to stagnation. Unlimited growth is literally Cancer. Slashing, burning, cutting, rending - this is what is needed on a daily basis.

I can hear the battle cries of the fallen soldiers on the horizon.... yes brothers, it is that time again.

War is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 05-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Death and destruction is the precursor of renewal.

Unending peace leads to stagnation. Unlimited growth is literally Cancer. Slashing, burning, cutting, rending - this is what is needed on a daily basis.

I can hear the battle cries of the fallen soldiers on the horizon.... yes brothers, it is that time again.

War is needed.
I can see what you're saying. But isn't death itself enough? Does the cruelty part of it have to exist? Like those dogs that are boiled alive in Korea (or any animal really). Or those ppl who were cooked alive in the bull. Is that necessary? Death itself doesn't bother me. But cruelty is. Surely there's enough positive drama in the world to keep ppl entertained?

Last edited by Abby83; 05-03-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Re: War - do we need it?

And I take it, that even though it is necessary, no one likes it?

So war is necessary to avoid stagnation and to renew, but winning battles doesn't really do much does it. Other than starting from scratch.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,649
Re: War - do we need it?

We need food and water, also some shelter if we want to keep alive for long. I need quite places and music next. Some people need battle. Its different for everyone, you personally I see don't need war.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:02 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
We need food and water, also some shelter if we want to keep alive for long. I need quite places and music next. Some people need battle. Its different for everyone, you personally I see don't need war.
I most definitely don't need war and I can see a lot of other ppl don't either. Starting from scratch or running away from bully leaders is not a way to live. I shouldn't have to worry about being eaten.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
I most definitely don't need war and I can see a lot of other ppl don't either. Starting from scratch or running away from bully leaders is not a way to live. I shouldn't have to worry about being eaten.
What if you is tastey?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
What if you is tastey?
Ahahaha I'm pretty sure I'm tasty. That's why all those predators want me haha.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (05-04-2018)
  #9  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Ahahaha I'm pretty sure I'm tasty. That's why all those predators want me haha.
We are all animals, most of which dont kill for fun. We need to stop nagging on the animals as insults when we are truly worse than our fellow animals.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
We are all animals, most of which dont kill for fun. We need to stop nagging on the animals as insults when we are truly worse than our fellow animals.
Yes, this is a good point. I hate how some humans think it's OK to harm animals. I think a bit like a monk. Only use/eat what you truly need. Don't kill if you don't need to. During war, lots of soldiers killed ppl for the pure pleasure of it. And I mean all wars.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Yes, this is a good point. I hate how some humans think it's OK to harm animals. I think a bit like a monk. Only use/eat what you truly need. Don't kill if you don't need to. During war, lots of soldiers killed ppl for the pure pleasure of it.
Other animal's dont hit use for fun, why do we do it?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Other animal's dont hit use for fun, why do we do it?
Omg, my point exactly. That's the part I find so messed up.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 05-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Omg, my point exactly. That's the part I find so messed up.
People are allowed to be messed up but they shouldn't want to put others in the same place they hate so much themselves.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (05-04-2018)
  #14  
Unread 05-04-2018, 04:43 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,739
Re: War - do we need it?

No.

But humanity still has a lot of growing up to do, so we may live to see WW3 someday.

Do not however let these possible happenings effect your daily life, Abby. You're a wonderful person, and mother too, so I wish you well.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 05-04-2018, 04:55 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,988
Re: War - do we need it?

Well, you kind of have to go to war when another country is unreasonable and refuses to negotiate some kind of a compromise.

Violence is irrational and aims to take control of the situation based on an impulsive feeling rather than taking the time to find the truth. Feelings aren’t logical and can’t be dealt with in a diplomatic and war-free way. So we need war to end war.

But if everyone was chill and diplomatic, then obviously we don’t need war when we use our words like adults. But not all humans are like that, of course.

This question is kind of like, “Do we need a police force?” Obviously we do, because criminals aren’t going to have a civil discussion about why they robbed your house. They’ll just shoot you in the face and run off. So we have a police force that uses violence on violent people (criminals) so that the violence ends.
__________________
Reality is already enough as a punishment

Last edited by AppLeo; 05-04-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-04-2018, 05:21 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
No.

But humanity still has a lot of growing up to do, so we may live to see WW3 someday.

Do not however let these possible happenings effect your daily life, Abby. You're a wonderful person, and mother too, so I wish you well.
Aww, Blaze, thank you so much. What a sweet thing to say. Thanks for posting .

I've learnt that when it comes to demonic ppl, walking away and looking away is best. They're feeding off the attention.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 05-04-2018, 05:51 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Well, you kind of have to go to war when another country is unreasonable and refuses to negotiate some kind of a compromise.

Violence is irrational and aims to take control of the situation based on an impulsive feeling rather than taking the time to find the truth. Feelings arenít logical and canít be dealt with in a diplomatic and war-free way. So we need war to end war.

But if everyone was chill and diplomatic, then obviously we donít need war when we use our words like adults. But not all humans are like that, of course.

This question is kind of like, ďDo we need a police force?Ē Obviously we do, because criminals arenít going to have a civil discussion about why they robbed your house. Theyíll just shoot you in the face and run off. So we have a police force that uses violence on violent people (criminals) so that the violence ends.
This question is nothing like 'do we need a police force.' Police put boundaries in place. War is about two leaders who want to make the other do something they want. Often its about ownership. So they use innocent ppl to fight their own wars. If ppl refused to fight their wars, then the leaders would have to fight themselves. And that will never happen cos there will always be someone who will fall for the bribes or threats.

And let's look at Czech republic as an example. They don't fight wars. They don't believe in wars, yet the country and its ppl still exist.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 05-04-2018, 05:53 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Re: War - do we need it?

And I will add that there will always be ppl who love war. I just don't see why we need it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:21 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,988
Re: War - do we need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
This question is nothing like 'do we need a police force.' Police put boundaries in place. War is about two leaders who want to make the other do something they want. Often its about ownership. So they use innocent ppl to fight their own wars. If ppl refused to fight their wars, then the leaders would have to fight themselves. And that will never happen cos there will always be someone who will fall for the bribes or threats.

And let's look at Czech republic as an example. They don't fight wars. They don't believe in wars, yet the country and its ppl still exist.
I don't think it's that simple. Leaders are chosen as representatives of the country. So when a country goes to war, it's usually in the best interest of that country. And whatever is best for your country is usually best for you.

If North Korea threatened to launch a missile on the United States, first of all, the people in North Korea can't just be like, "We're not fighting this war." Cuz 1) A lot of them are already brainwashed and believe the war is the right thing. 2) even if they didn't want to, they would be put to death or would die revolting for their country. A civil war would break out within their own country. War is inevitable during times of irrational conflict.

And then if you're in the United States and you volunteered to be in the army or whatever, you have to go because it's required by law. On top of that, you'd want to go because dying for your country is what you believe in. It's a country of freedom, and the United States can't be free it decides to just walk away from the fight. The nuclear missile is coming no matter what. It doesn't have to be a nuclear missile, it could be anything really.

Also, the Czech Republic, in my opinion, is not really a country to get into wars because it doesn't have a prominence in the world. It doesn't have a lot of power, so even if it had a leader that wanted to go to war, the country wouldn't get very far, so it's in its best interest to avoid wars. Which makes sense. Weak people avoid fights and conflicts because they know they'll lose. Strong people avoid fights or conflicts because they believe that's the best course of action at the moment.

And on the flip side, there's not much of a benefit when you war against the Czech republic. There's nothing to "own" or gain from that country. Maybe there is, I don't know honestly. If you war against the United States and win against the United States, then there's definitely something to won there. If you defeat the United States, then your country would become the world power and have some influence in the world.

Also, Abby, no matter where you go there will always be conflicts. These conflicts can usually be settled in a debate or rational discussion, but what happens when the other person refuses to? You have no choice but to fight them. You can't just walk away and be a pacifist your entire life. Maybe you could, but people who don't get into conflicts are weak, walked over, and stand for nothing of value.

War is necessary.
__________________
Reality is already enough as a punishment
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:28 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,988
Re: War - do we need it?

I mean like, when you say, "We don't need war."

It sounds like, "We don't need sadness."

I mean yeah, not being sad in your life would be great, but that's not how life works.

You can't just be happy after your mom died or whatever.

You can't just walk away from a murderer if a murderer is trying to kill you.

You can't just not go to war when a country wages war on your country.
__________________
Reality is already enough as a punishment

Last edited by AppLeo; 05-04-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I mean like, when you say, "We don't need war."

It sounds like, "We don't need sadness."

I mean yeah, not being sad in your life would be great, but that's not how life works.

You can't just be happy after your mom died or whatever.
Sadness is fine. Sadness is necessary and it feels really good once good things come in your life. But cruelty leaves scars that often don't heal, and just damages life. To me life is important and yes I wana be happy all my life .
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:44 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,988
Re: War - do we need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Sadness is fine. Sadness is necessary and it feels really good once good things come in your life. But cruelty leaves scars that often don't heal, and just damages life. To me life is important and yes I wana be happy all my life .
War is not cruelty. Those are not the same thing.
__________________
Reality is already enough as a punishment
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:44 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,874
Smile Re: War - do we need it?

Do we need psychopaths? They're the cause of war.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:47 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,988
Re: War - do we need it?

This conversation is meaningless.
__________________
Reality is already enough as a punishment
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 05-04-2018, 06:49 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,874
Smile Re: War - do we need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
This conversation is meaningless.
What's THAT supposed to mean?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.