Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-20-2018, 01:28 AM

Re: Has a Cancer ever manipulated you?

Don't know 'em but they flow a little too well for their first rodeo, innit?

The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (09-20-2018)
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
They're definitely someone and I think I know who bc there's one person in particular I can remember having a stick up their *** about Cancers
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:10 AM
Banned

Cancers are cute. And this is my first time on these boards.
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
I love it... See, nobody's ever gotten me as deeply as you do. That is the most romantic thing anyone could ever do for me. Suspicious things in obscure corners of the cyber world are such a turn on... I'm wet
Yes, and whenever I find myself in those corners of the internet, I grab one of Robert Hand's books and start delineating. There's a reason why he's my favourite astrologer.
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:52 AM

Robert Hands pages are dripping with innuendo or something it’s true lol
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:54 AM

Well with a name like 'Robert Hand' you kinda have no choice but to run with it, don't you?
Unread 09-20-2018, 04:12 AM

I'm Sympathetic not good at manipulation.
Have NN, Mercury and Sun in Cancer.
Unread 09-20-2018, 04:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
man youre such a f**k**g conspiracy theorist.
Unread 09-20-2018, 04:30 AM

It's hard being a Pisces in the information age. You don't know who or what to trust
Unread 09-20-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCrab View Post
How do? I always hear that cancers are manipulative but never hear any stories of them actually doing any manipulation???
My big mantra on this forum is that you really have to look at the entire chart. The sun sign is of course important, but a Cancer with a heavy emphasis elsewhere in the chart may not follow the pop sun-sign delineations.

I can think of one sun Cancer that I thought was manipulative. She was on a downward career and financial spiral that took her from being employed and financially independent through an inheritance, to following a dream that soured. It left her flat broke and getting her friends to give her money-- most of whom she alienated.

Just for example, my husband and I once had a vacation home that we couldn't visit very often. We were happy to let the Cancer friend stay there occasionally while we were away; but she planned once simply to move in, which generated a disagreement about whether she should pay a low rent to cover our utility expenses. She offered to pay rent-in-kind with items we didn't want, and then it turned out she had enough money to take an expensive trip, notwithstanding.

Directness isn't always a Cancerian trait (a crab moves sideways.) They may be apt to do things that look manipulative or covert to others but that seem like a way out of a dilemma to a Cancer.

I will say that this lady had an Aquarian moon. In my experience these people generally have a lot of friends but they're not hugely sensitive to others' situations. In this (former) friend's case, I don't think the Cancer part was the warm giving maternal personality, but the needy child who chose to pursue her own vision to the hilt-- independently of the impacts she had on other people in the process.

Of course, I've known other Cancers who are super people. So my advice to a young crab would be to just be open and above-board with people. There is always a risk of offending someone, but this is more apt to happen with a subterfuge that is later discovered.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
StillOne (09-21-2018)
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCrab View Post
How do? I always hear that cancers are manipulative but never hear any stories of them actually doing any manipulation???
Any Sun sign can be manipulative. I'm sure there are plenty of stories, I have my own. Sensibility can be abused for manipulative purposes, unfortunately.

Last edited by demetraceres; 09-20-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
It's not often talked about, but I don't think Cancers trust easily so if you in any way cross that boundary of trust, the walls may come up and it may seem like manipulation even tho it's just defense
I don't know any Cancer or Pisces with trust issues, especially not leading to defense. Some people can simply have predatory traits, using manipulation, I just don't know how manipulative Cancer is different from manpulative Saggitarius or Virgo, for example.
Unread 09-20-2018, 01:43 PM

Not a Sun in Cancer. But Mercury and Mars in Cancer for sure — they’re very passive aggressive, play mind games, gaslight you, subtly insult you rather than come out and say it to your face, etc. not everyone of them does it but the more difficult ones do.
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
I don't know any Cancer or Pisces with trust issues, especially not leading to defense. Some people can simply have predatory traits, using manipulation, I just don't know how manipulative Cancer is different from manpulative Saggitarius or Virgo, for example.
I'm not talking about Pisces, but yes, Cancers will put up walls really fast if you seem untrustworthy. I'd say all water signs are probably very self protective tho. It may seem like manipulation, but it's not

I have to add, given the symbolism of the crab with the hard shell, it shouldn't surprise you Cancers might have trust issues leading to defense

Pay attention to who I was addressing. What I said was it's not in the nature of a Cancer to begin a relationship to manipulate someone in response to another user. But no, we don't trust easily

Also people tend to come to us with their emotional **** and it can feel like we're being used

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-20-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:23 PM

I don't think people realize Cancers are pretty much conduits of others' emotional energy. It can easily become overwhelming. For myself I'll say anyone too needy or with any hints of playing mind games, I'll drop them really fast. Even if things previously seemed to be going fine. It may seem like they were manipulated, but they just crossed a line and needed to be let go

And because we are conduits of that energy, people will readily use us for their own emotional ****
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:37 PM

Hey for the first time ever I have a close Cancer friend. We've been friends about 5 years and I really adore her. She's incredibly smart and capable, and a house on fire type party host and just funny as hell and caring. However. She is pretty moody and really insecure to the point it makes my heart hurt for her. When she feels insecure/threatened, I see her engage in behaviors and attitudes that are well below her. I think it's probably typical Cancerian behavior and it doesn't bother me but I know some of her friends get truly fed up by the dark/manipulative stuff...
Unread 09-20-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
Hey for the first time ever I have a close Cancer friend. We've been friends about 5 years and I really adore her. She's incredibly smart and capable, and a house on fire type party host and just funny as hell and caring. However. She is pretty moody and really insecure to the point it makes my heart hurt for her. When she feels insecure/threatened, I see her engage in behaviors and attitudes that are well below her. I think it's probably typical Cancerian behavior and it doesn't bother me but I know some of her friends get truly fed up by the dark/manipulative stuff...
Don't feel bad for her. She may just have to go through those moods. Cancers are probably the strongest sign emotionally so we can put up with that **** in ourselves. Definitely whether others can is another story, but we pretty much live in those constant currents and know how to weather them
Unread 09-20-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Don't feel bad for her. She may just have to go through those moods. Cancers are probably the strongest sign emotionally so we can put up with that **** in ourselves. Definitely whether others can is another story, but we pretty much live in those constant currents and know how to weather them

You got that right. She's master of her life and doesn't need any sympathy. I'm a fan of zee Cancers. I'm probably a bit of an opposite world attraction for them with my Moon conjunct Saturn coolness. I used to spend a lot of time with my Cancer friend trying help her "solve" her emotional problems until I realized oh hell there's no solving this and really no need to. Vive la difference!
The Following User Says Thank You to Starsareround For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (09-21-2018)
Unread 09-20-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
What is this dark manipulative stuff you speak of?
Unread 09-20-2018, 11:15 PM

Hmm. Well, I've seen her butter people up just to pepper the conversation with backhanded compliments or even thinly veiled insults once they are good and comfortable. I've actually called her out on this and she does know she has issues with it. She kind of has a claw that comes out ifkwim. Totally goes back to her insecurities and serious childhood stuff. Keeps her safe by making sure others don't get too comfortable or something. Anyway, she has a lot of really fine qualities and none of us is perfect. She's a good example of a lovable crab...depending on your tolerance/understanding. I'm more understanding than most I think because A) I totally get her shitty childhood issues and B) She always has my back and is a great friend to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Starsareround For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (09-21-2018)
Unread 09-21-2018, 07:40 AM

I'm sure we are dealing with stereotypes here. Are we talking about the Sun sign or strong cancer energies in the natal chart? It's not my experience that Cancer Sun is more manipulative than any other Sun sign. On the other hand, you can find real predators with any Sun sign, including Cancer. And they all have the same psychological mechanisms, regardless the sign.

Most Cancer Suns I know are self confident without manipulative traits and without trust issues. But you can find among them pathological liers and dangerous psychopats as well. In such cases some other reasons than innocent protecting mechanism and vulnerability might be at work.
Unread 09-21-2018, 08:40 AM

Well, when it comes to trust issues, I do think experiencing one end of a spectrum enables access to the other side of the spectrum. Just like the sensitivity and emotionality of Cancers can actually lead to self assurance and confidence. I may be wrong on the trust thing, but that seems to be the case as far as I've seen. But since Cancers will generally engage their emotions, let themselves feel the truth of their emotions rather than run away, there's ability to reckon with them and find strength in them

Yes I'm talking generally here I know we're more than our sun signs
Unread 09-21-2018, 06:52 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

All,

This is a PG-rated forum. Sexual talk isn't allowed.

That doesn't mean you have to pretend there's no such thing as sex, but when certain body parts start being mentioned, that's crossing the line. I've deleted a couple of posts for that reason.

Chat cleanly, or take it off this forum,
Osamenor
Unread 09-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

And to follow up: as most of you have been reminded before, publicly accusing other members of being duplicate accounts is against the rules. If you suspect it, notify the moderators privately and let us take it from there.
Unread 09-21-2018, 08:57 PM

It's now PG to allow your children to change their sex because they choose to. This forum should get with the times

Tags
cancer, manipulated