Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 05-12-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: War - do we need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What’s your thoughts on, “The Virtue of Selfishness” by Ayn Rand?
Selfishness is a narcissistic trait.

I suppose you like Friedrich Nietzsche also?

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 05-12-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
Selfishness is a narcissistic trait.
Yes.

All narcissists are selfish. But not all selfish people are narcissists.

Quote:
I suppose you like Friedrich Nietzsche also?
Haven't read his work, but I like what I've heard.
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Psychopaths account for 1% of humanity. Don't forget about the other 99% of humanity.
I'm pretty sure psychopaths are around the 6% mark. Is that what you meant? Or do you mean they're responsible for 1%.
Unread 05-13-2018, 11:04 AM

This is **** I swear.

I'm sick of this notion that we need war to end war. "Lets fight for peace" .. "Lets f*ck for virginity."

This is the truest thing I've heard in my life.

"We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off."

Just because a war is not physically manifested, doesn't mean its not there. Innocent people should not suffer for the fight of inner demons of other people. Our society is a manifestation of our own cores. We are in a constant battle with out own selves, of course we would see wars happening. But this spiritual war we are leading asks for change, it's a higher calling for all of us to abandon the old ways of thinking and embrace the new.

Come on, people, age of Aquarius. Humanitarian era. Lets start embracing it now, there is no f*cking tomorrow. We make the tomorrow and if you need external battle to fight your inner demons, innocent people will suffer because of that.

We gotta realize once and for all the power in those simple words. "Be the change you want to see."
Unread 05-13-2018, 12:33 PM

Well said ardentika.
Unread 05-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Smile Re: War - do we need it?

Edwin Starr had a top selling song in 1970 called "War". The catch-line was: "War! What is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING!"
This was during the Vietnam War, when the tide of public opinion was turning against it.
Unread 05-13-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
I'm pretty sure psychopaths are around the 6% mark. Is that what you meant? Or do you mean they're responsible for 1%.
Psychopaths are actually around 1%. They are influencing the other 99% with divine b.s. The 1% should never control the 99%.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 05-13-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post

"We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off."
LUV thiiiiiiis
Unread 05-13-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
LUV thiiiiiiis
Too bad that fight club quote is only relevant to a certain subset of western society. There are many parts of the world that don't suffer from the specific western malaise that results in "middle children of history".
Ukpoohbear (05-31-2018)
Unread 05-14-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Psychopaths are actually around 1%. They are influencing the other 99% with divine b.s. The 1% should never control the 99%.
I agree with the second part of your statement. But 1 in 16 ppl are psychopaths. Many of them appear to live normal lives. Not all of them murder ppl.
Unread 05-14-2018, 03:19 AM

Psychopaths can actually do good things for society.
Unread 05-14-2018, 03:30 AM

Don't ever think the devil or those who emulate him are any good.

Unread 05-14-2018, 03:50 AM

The psychopath is a brilliant actor and manages to fool most ppl into thinking they are doing good for others. My psychopath Mil's famous line which I fell for - 'I'm such a self sacrificing woman. I do everything out of the goodness of my heart. I cook for my family. I drive them out of love, I care for them when they're sick. I'm just such a good person. Im so amazing I deserve a medal.'
Meanwhile, when you turn your back she poisons your food and screams at her hb 'shut up con, you're so stupid con, I'm not your slave, why would I ever look at you. All those other men at the shops can do more than you ever did in your life. If you don't give me the credit card I'll divorce you and take all your money and kids hahaha you stupid bloody idiot.' Then she scratches your face, rips your earrings off so your bleadibg, stabbed me repeatedly with a pen because my kids were with me for a day, and then turned back to her neighbour and said 'I'm such a good woman, I do so much for my family.'

See the pattern of a psychopath? They justify their actions.
Unread 05-14-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Don't ever think the devil or those who emulate him are any good.
I read an article of a neurosurgeon who was able to diagnose himself as a psychopath when he looked at his brain scans.

He didn't even know he was a psychopath; he knew something was different about him of course

But don't tell me that he didn't do any good when he put himself through med school. He probably performed life saving/transforming surgeries on people. That is good.

Also, I'm guessing that since he was a psychopath, he had the strength to become a neurosurgeon. Most regular people don't have the psychopathic need to win to achieve such a position.

You could also say that about CEO's and all. Most normal people don't have the mind to just win and achieve like a psychopath does.
Unread 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM

Wars are supported by millions of people. People who do not support war or hatred against other racial, national, religious groups are usually criminalized. Wars are always a product of a collective mind, not one single psychopath.
Unread 05-14-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I read an article of a neurosurgeon who was able to diagnose himself as a psychopath when he looked at his brain scans.

He didn't even know he was a psychopath; he knew something was different about him of course

But don't tell me that he didn't do any good when he put himself through med school. He probably performed life saving/transforming surgeries on people. That is good.

Also, I'm guessing that since he was a psychopath, he had the strength to become a neurosurgeon. Most regular people don't have the psychopathic need to win to achieve such a position.

You could also say that about CEO's and all. Most normal people don't have the mind to just win and achieve like a psychopath does.
Hey, I managed to succeed in all my goals and I'm not a psychopath.
Unread 05-14-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
The psychopath is a brilliant actor and manages to fool most ppl into thinking they are doing good for others. My psychopath Mil's famous line which I fell for - 'I'm such a self sacrificing woman. I do everything out of the goodness of my heart. I cook for my family. I drive them out of love, I care for them when they're sick. I'm just such a good person. Im so amazing I deserve a medal.'
Meanwhile, when you turn your back she poisons your food and screams at her hb 'shut up con, you're so stupid con, I'm not your slave, why would I ever look at you. All those other men at the shops can do more than you ever did in your life. If you don't give me the credit card I'll divorce you and take all your money and kids hahaha you stupid bloody idiot.' Then she scratches your face, rips your earrings off so your bleadibg, stabbed me repeatedly with a pen because my kids were with me for a day, and then turned back to her neighbour and said 'I'm such a good woman, I do so much for my family.'

See the pattern of a psychopath? They justify their actions.
There are typical psychopathic patterns.

I know nobody has asked me for the opinion, but it's hard for me to read this. Abby, I think you should protect you and your family from toxic people. I won't involve any further.
Unread 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
There are typical psychopathic patterns.

I know nobody has asked me for the opinion, but it's hard for me to read this. Abby, I think you should protect you and your family from toxic people. I won't involve any further.
That's fine. Thank you for your thoughts and concern. You also have a good point in your previous post. It takes a lot of ppl to allow war to go ahead.
Unread 05-14-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
Wars are supported by millions of people. People who do not support war or hatred against other racial, national, religious groups are usually criminalized. Wars are always a product of a collective mind, not one single psychopath.
The collective mind is easily manipulated by well-organized psychopaths in positions of authority.
Unread 05-14-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The collective mind is easily manipulated by well-organized psychopaths in positions of authority.
But for some reason there's only a small number of ppl who are smart enough to see what's going on and can stay true to themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (05-30-2018)
Unread 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Unread 05-30-2018, 07:04 PM

Deleted meme

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 05-31-2018 at 10:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-31-2018)
Unread 05-31-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Christian writers incorrectly conflated "Lucifer" with "Satan". That would be equivalent to confusing morning-star Venus with Saturn, since Lucifer was the Roman name for morning-star Venus ("Phosphorus" in Ancient Greek), meaning "Light-bringer". Christ was originally linked to morning-star Venus, as well as to the Sun.
Any way to downsize the memes?
Unread 05-31-2018, 10:45 AM

It is a large meme isn't it. I deleted the original post but the one you replied to wills till be there. It looked fine when I posted it on my mobile, sorry guys
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-31-2018)