Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 11-26-2017, 07:53 PM

Smile Re: To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

One example is the lifting of Obama's ban on importing Elephant trophies into the U.S. Trump had to at least put it on hold. Ironic that it's the symbolic animal of the Republican party.

Unread 11-27-2017, 06:44 AM

Re: To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It IS right. But a President can't be compelled to do what's right unless enough people of influence get on his case about it. I think Trump should do it on his own, even if it's in a very low-keyed way.
Again, whats "right" according to your limited opinion of the world. Stop claiming the non-existant moral high-ground, as if somehow you owned it david. The childish mentality of thinking that we can tell others what they should do is ridiculous.

And publicly judging another nation is just an attempt to influence their actions. Do you know why Obama and all other presidents didn't always judge countries for their internal issues? because it would be wrong.

In any case the whole Duterte issue is an attempt to take a stab at Trump, and most people didn't even know the guy or the issues in Phillippines before Trump met with him.

You don't get to tell other people what to do, because you believe your ideals are superior. And by these I mean this leftist nonsense.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 11-27-2017 at 08:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Again, whats "right" according to your limited opinion of the world. Stop claiming the non-existant moral high-ground, as if somehow you owned it david. The childish mentality of thinking that we can tell others what they should do is ridiculous.

And publicly judging another nation is just an attempt to influence their actions. Do you know why Obama and all other presidents didn't always judge countries for their internal issues? because it would be wrong.

In any case the whole Duterte issue is an attempt to take a stab at Trump, and most people didn't even know the guy or the issues in Phillippines before Trump met with him.

You don't get to tell other people what to do, because you believe your ideals are superior. And by these I mean this leftist nonsense.
You are projecting who you are and your own behaviour on others without from my point of view an willigness to Reflect on your own "shortcomings". Look at how you have been treating others who disagree with your specific Worldview in this thread and you should understand what I mean Dirius.

Y
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
demetraceres (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Neither Oddity or myself have denied that this changes are happening and will continue to happen in current western society.

It is rather inevitable, because there will always be an annoying majority ready to destroy their culture from within, it happened in every civilisation in history, and will happen to western culture too. And the unpopular and wise minority will usually be silenced.

The only thing we have warned about, is that your inability to forsee the path this trends will take you will have disastrous consequences for society as we know it. It already has, given that it has abolished certain basic rights in some countries.

There is ample historical evidence regarding this subject.
If you wanted to label yourself and some others here as unpopular and wise minority, you are wrong on many levels. Your views are becoming increasingly popular and widespread and will shape the political future of Europe (USA probably as well). And that's what can really lead to disastrous consequences for society as we know it.
Unread 11-27-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Neither Oddity or myself have denied that this changes are happening and will continue to happen in current western society.

It is rather inevitable, because there will always be an annoying majority ready to destroy their culture from within, it happened in every civilisation in history, and will happen to western culture too. And the unpopular and wise minority will usually be silenced.

The only thing we have warned about, is that your inability to forsee the path this trends will take you will have disastrous consequences for society as we know it. It already has, given that it has abolished certain basic rights in some countries.

There is ample historical evidence regarding this subject.

Those who have chosen to not be a part of the process cant see what awaits as they are connected to their own "timeline" and only sees the destination that is according to their own destiny.

Y
Unread 11-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Being against death squads is "nonsense"?!! Btw, Obama DID call Duterte out on this. I knew about it before Trump got into office.
I'm for our right to "keep and bear arms", and the U.S. has been criticized for that. Your moral relativism surprises me.
Unread 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Dirius, may I have your permission to criticize Canada's insidious new "gender-fluid" laws?

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 10:36 AM

What really is feminism even? Is it that men and women shall be entirely the same? if that is the case, it is insanity. If men and women should have equal rights? Yes that's good, but women are better at somethings and men are better at somethings, hence must laws be adapted to our biological differences.
The Following User Says Thank You to Animatrix For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 10:54 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femini...and_ideologies

Why don't even try to read essential and basic facts about feminism? Can you understand the complexity and variety of this movements? Why to make stereotypes and prejudices about something so complex?

I think the initial post has a little bit provoked people by connecting feminism exclusively with marxism, which is very misleading interpretation of phenomena embracing so much diversity.

Last edited by demetraceres; 11-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
If you wanted to label yourself and some others here as unpopular and wise minority, you are wrong on many levels. Your views are becoming increasingly popular and widespread and will shape the political future of Europe (USA probably as well). And that's what can really lead to disastrous consequences for society as we know it.
The reason why you live in a free society in which you can complain in the first place, is because it works upon the principles I am defending here.

The consequences of my system of belief have been in place for over a hundred years now, and they seem to work pretty finee given most succesful countries in the world are capitalist republics that respect the rule of law. The alternative to what I propose is what you defend, which is authoritharian rule, is what will bring disastrous consequences to society.

Last edited by Dirius; 11-27-2017 at 12:56 PM.
JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Being against death squads is "nonsense"?!! Btw, Obama DID call Duterte out on this. I knew about it before Trump got into office.
I'm for our right to "keep and bear arms", and the U.S. has been criticized for that. Your moral relativism surprises me.
Because its pretty obvious thats the reason you keep bringing Duterte up.

If you really wanted to talk about tyrants your best bet would have been Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela, an actual dictator who granted himself extraordinary powers and can dismiss congress/courts at his will, who has also killed many people in his own country.

But Trump did critice him, so obviously he doesn't help to make your point.

I didn't say Obama stop from making critiques, I said presidents tend not to do that, cause its bad diplomacy. Reading upon it now, Obama did and committed a cardinal mistake in judging a fellow democracy.

JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:

If you really wanted to talk about tyrants your best bet would have been Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela, an actual dictator who granted himself extraordinary powers and can dismiss congress/courts at his will, who has also killed many people in his own country.

I didn't say Obama stop from making critiques, I said presidents tend not to do that, cause its bad diplomacy. Reading upon it now, Obama did and committed a cardinal mistake in judging a fellow democracy.
Was Trump wrong to criticize Maduro, according to your moral relativism? Am I wrong to criticize Canada's anti-free speech gender-fluidity laws?

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Was Trump wrong to criticize Maduro, according to your moral relativism? Am I wrong to criticize Canada's anti-free speech gender-fluidity laws?
You are a private citizen, not a president or political figure, and you are more than entitled to have an opinion. My initial comment was aimed at your demand for presidents to involve themselves in other nations problem, just because you in particular have the opinion that he is a bad president. Also, the fact that you are pretty careless in using the term "dictator", meaning you clearly have no idea what a dictator is.

And yes he was wrong, because he asked for sanctions against venezuela. The only ones that get harmed by sanctions are the venezuelan people, not maduro. See what I mean?

JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:

"Bad Diplomacy" to criticize the use of DEATH SQUADS in the so-called "War on Drugs"?!! You gotta be kidding me!
Unread 11-27-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
He has been saying the same thing for weeks now, implying he has some secret knowledge about an alternative plane of reality, and bla bla bla.

Thus the reason why I politely dismiss him. Pretty much, he is either nuts or a kid trolling the convesation. Trust me, just ignore him.
Why you have continued to be defensive Dirius is because you are working within a paradigm that you may not at this time be consciously aware of have connections to the Trump and rightwing agenda/duality war. This is why rational people have seen the incoherencies in your argumentations and why the intuitive people have "sensed" that the energy from your words you put out on a conscious/verbal level do not correspond with the source it is connected to.

Y
Unread 11-27-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
"Bad Diplomacy" to criticize the use of DEATH SQUADS in the so-called "War on Drugs"?!! You gotta be kidding me!
I already replied to your first comment, I think you miss-read my other post instead of my last post.

JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You are a private citizen, not a president or political figure, and you are more than entitled to have an opinion. My initial comment was aimed at your demand for presidents to involve themselves in other nations problem, just because you in particular have the opinion that he is a bad president. Also, the fact that you are pretty careless in using the term "dictator", meaning you clearly have no idea what a dictator is.

And yes he was wrong, because he asked for sanctions against venezuela. The only ones that get harmed by sanctions are the venezuelan people, not maduro. See what I mean?
I don't care who is President when it comes to criticism of another country for using death squads in the so-called "War on Drugs". And the reason Duterte stood out for me was the conference of world leaders recently, where only Trudeau privately criticized him, and Duterte publicly rebuked him for it. So, if it's all right for Trump to criticize Venezuela except for threatening sanctions, why not the same for Obama and the Philippines. I'm not being partisan about it.
As far as Trump being a "dictator", he has the style of a dictator, as one might expect from a C.E.O. used to having his orders followed. But, VERY fortunately, even though he's attempting to rule using Executive Orders, our checks and balances system IS working, much to my relief. At first, I wasn't sure it would, which is when I labeled him a "dictator". Now that I see it is working, he's a "would-be dictator", with plenty of enthusiastic supporters.
But again, are YOU, yourself being partisan, or issue-oriented, when you say it's all right for Trump to criticize Venezuela, as long as sanctions aren't involved, but that it wasn't all right for Obama to criticize the Philippines? What's your criteria for that? Rule of law is rule of law, and death squads are, by definition, outside the rule of law.

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 06:43 PM

Obama signed more executive orders than any other president, David. Is he also a dictator for doing that, or is only Trump a dictator for doing it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
AquarianRising (11-28-2017), JUPITERASC (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Obama signed more executive orders than any other president, David. Is he also a dictator for doing that, or is only Trump a dictator for doing it?
Knowing you'd immediately divert this away from Trump, I already did some research. Obama signed a total of about 250. Bush Jr. signed more than Obama. Trump is on track to go way past Obama's first term numbers, because most of Obama's came in near the end of his last term. F.D.R. signed the most in history, in four terms. Looks like J.F.K. had the highest rate, since he signed so many in such a short time.
My impression is that all Presidents are would-be dictators, but our checks and balances prevents it. Here: For the Record, DJT is NOT a "dictator", as I first feared he would be allowed to be. Still a total jerk, though, [IMO].

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Knowing you'd immediately divert this away from Trump, I already did some research. Obama signed a total of about 250. Bush Jr. signed more than Obama. Trump is on track to go way past Obama's first term numbers, because most of Obama's came in near the end of his last term. F.D.R. signed the most in history, in four terms. Looks like J.F.K. had the highest rate, since he signed so many in such a short time.
My impression is that all Presidents are would-be dictators, but our checks and balances prevents it. Here: For the Record, DJT is NOT a "dictator", as I first feared he was. Still a total jerk, though, [IMO].
EXECUTIVE ORDERS SIGNED

Bill Clinton = 308

George W. Bush = 291

Barack Obama = 276

Donald Trump = 52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
EXECUTIVE ORDERS SIGNED

Bill Clinton = 308

George W. Bush = 291

Barack Obama = 276

Donald Trump = 52
Right, except Trump's number is for less than one year, while the others are over an 8 year span. J.F.K.'s RATE of signing might be a record, given his short time in office.
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Right, except Trump's number is for less than one year, while the others are over an 8 year span.
J.F.K.'s RATE of signing might be a record, given his short time in office.
Donald Trump signed 52 as of 24 October 2017
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-27-2017)
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
EXECUTIVE ORDERS SIGNED

Bill Clinton = 308

George W. Bush = 291

Barack Obama = 276

Donald Trump = 52
If Trump keeps this rate up, and were to get 8 years in office, he would easily surpass Clinton in total number of Orders signed.

Last edited by david starling; 11-27-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump signed 52 as of 24 October 2017
Thanks for the clarification!
Unread 11-27-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
I'm on record rescinding my very early impression that Trump would be ABLE to assume dictatorial powers, because there appeared to be nothing preventing it. Then, the checks and balances built into our governmental system started working, and I now say, "Donald Trump is NOT able to be Dictator".

Now, Oddity, are you willing to go on record concerning whether ANY world leader using "extralegal" death squads in the "War on Drugs", SHOULD be called out on it by other world leaders? Btw, according to Duterte, Trump told him privately that, in regards to drug policies, he's "doing things the right way". Same Trump who once declared that the only solution to the drug crisis was....legalization!