Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

petosiris

Banned
Men make it possible for women to give life. Men can't do that on their own.

Man was created first and is superior, while the woman is second and a helper, yet the woman is the last creation and therefore the crown of all creatures.

This is a divine mystery, and I say it applies to God and his Word, and to the Word and man, even as it applies to man and woman.

Last edited:

david starling

Man was created first and is superior, while the woman is second and a helper, yet the woman is the last creation and therefore the crown of all creatures.

This is a divine mystery, and I say it applies to God and his Word, and to the Word and man, even as it applies to man and woman.

[!Risque joke warning!]

A Christian missionary and a Frenchman are talking about sexual positions, and the Frenchman brags that he has used 9 of them. The missionary declares that he's used only one, "Man on top", to which the Frenchman replies, "Sacre bleu, that makes it 10 for me!"

petosiris

Banned
Among the many unsubstantiated accusations that author Dan Brown made in his bestselling novel The Da Vinci Code is one regarding the “unoriginality” of Christianity. Allegedly, “Nothing in Christianity is original” (Brown, 2003, p. 232). As “proof” of this statement, Brown’s fictional character, Sir Leigh Teabing, asserts:

“The pre-Christian God Mithras—called the Son of God and the Light of the World—was born on December 25, died, and was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday of Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity’s weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans” (p. 232, italics in orig.). - https://truediscipleship.com/the-da-vinci-code-and-the-uniqueness-of-christ-3/

O tempora, o mores!

How can this be true when the people of God abhor and do not admit pagan calendar and dates in their feasts? I've never encountered ''December'' or the birthdate of anyone in the Holy Scriptures.

I've found that the Biblical and astronomical years, months, days and hours without Rabbinic and Popish delusions and stumbling blocks are such.

1. The day begins before sunrise in the morning and ends after sunrise in the evening. This first meaning of the day is slightly longer than the twelve hours in the day, because it includes the light of the morning and the evening - Genesis 1:4-5 (NIV and YLT translate the first chapter of Genesis more literally and correctly unlike most other translations), John 11:9.

2. Night begins whenever two or more stars become visible to the naked eye and ends whenever one of the last two stars become invisible to the naked eye. This is slightly shorter than the twelve hours in the night. This accommodates for the morning and evening star and the plural stars, and provides a demarcating sign between day and night - Genesis 1:18, Psalm 136:9.

3. The second broader meaning of a day includes the portion of the night that follows. This does not apply to the seventh day of the week - Gen. 1:5, Gen. 1:8, Gen. 1:13, Gen. 1:19, Gen. 1:23, Gen. 1:31, Gen. 2, Lev. 22:30.

4. The first day of the week includes the night portion after the seventh day since the evening follows the light in that day - Gen. 1:1-5, Gen. 2:1-3, Matthew 28:1.

5. The first day of the month begins with the first morning after conjunction from Zion. It is a hidden Moon - Numbers 10:10, Numbers 28:11, 1 Samuel 20:5, 1 Samuel 20:18, Psalm 81:3.

6. The first month of the year begins when the morning of the fifteenth day of the same month falls after the vernal equinox and the morning of the fifteenth day of the seventh month falls after the autumnal equinox. If one criteria isn't met, there is a thirteenth month - Exodus 12:2, Deuteronomy 16:1, Exodus 23:16, Exodus 34:22.

7. Only the first day of the unleavened bread and the day of atonement are said to be sabbaths from the evening of the previous day to the evening of the next. The seventh day sabbath and the other five high sabbaths begin from morning and last until evening unless the seventh day sabbath happens to coincide with the aforementioned two high sabbaths - Lev. 23:5, Lev. 23:32.

Our Lord was crucified between the two evenings (for there are different meanings of ''evening'' in the Torah) on the fourth day, which was before such high sabbath and raised on the sixth day of the week before sunrise as a firstfruit in accordance with the Scriptures and to fulfill his prophecy of being 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth - Matthew 12:40.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
https://medium.com/@humanoriginproject/the-complete-guide-to-how-precession-of-the-equinoxes-work-738b099a15a6

That house not made with hands forever in the heavens

No, Shaul <Paul> is not talking about eternal heavens or the time after death, which is quite clear from the rest that follows ''For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.'' and the prophet ''For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the Lord, so shall your offspring and your name remain. From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the Lord.'' and the revelation ''Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.'' and the apostle ''But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.''

Now the Satan is an entirely spiritual creature who desires to live and reign forever in heaven as God, of which he was cast out. And he deceives his servants that he will reward them with an eternal and blissful incorporeal existence there.

But the apostle in the Holy Spirit is speaking of a glorious bodily resurrection or change (if alive) here on earth in the kingdom which is of heaven as he says in his previous epistle to the Corinthians (chapter 15) of which there will be a difference between the greatest and the least righteous there.

Eternal (in beginning) heavens is a Hellenistic idea which contradicts the very first words of the Torah - Genesis 1:1-5. And I've shown that the current heavens, unlike the Word, the kingdom and the raised are not eternal even in end, but shall be pass away with a roar shortly after the end of the thousand years.

Last edited:

david starling

No, Shaul <Paul> is not talking about eternal heavens or the time after death, which is quite clear from the rest that follows ''For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.'' and the prophet ''For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the Lord, so shall your offspring and your name remain. From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the Lord.'' and the revelation ''Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.'' and the apostle ''But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.''

Now the Satan is an entirely spiritual creature who desires to live and reign forever in heaven as God, of which he was cast out. And he deceives his servants that he will reward them with an eternal and blissful incorporeal existence there.

But the apostle in the Holy Spirit is speaking of a glorious bodily resurrection or change (if alive) here on earth in the kingdom which is of heaven as he says in his previous epistle to the Corinthians (chapter 15) of which there will be a difference between the greatest and the least righteous there.

Eternal (in beginning) heavens is a Hellenistic idea which contradicts the very first words of the Torah - Genesis 1:1-5. And I've shown that the current heavens, unlike the Word, the kingdom and the raised are not eternal even in end, but shall be pass away with a roar shortly after the end of the thousand years.

Now THAT is going to wreak Havoc on astrology!!!

JUPITERASC

Here we go.
I don't know. I've tried mutlple times to have a conversation here, but
it always was a monologue, either due to
other side being oblivious of scripture
or due to personal resentment against it.

"Scripture" aka a personal belief that
"....writings of Christianity contained in the Bible are sacred..."
is unsurprisingly
a perspective not shared by all :smile:

by the way

resenting the fact that not everyone
shares personal belief in Biblical infallibility

shows a Sirius disregard for
the fact that all are entitled to an opinion
Hi Jup,
So far i can't find any other locations
where Sirius Stops still on a yearly basis for so long,
so for a previous ancient religion to value Sirius,
it may be along the 30* latitude parallel:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30th_parallel_north

We may be looking under the sea however to find pointers.

Another area and latitude i would look for would be Izapa, Mexico,
on 21st June and 21st December 2012,
being the Solstices both Sirius and Alnilam align with the Sun,
which would be interesting for ancient cultures, but controversial,
for that would only happen again for over 20,000 years.
So the 15th Parallel North is of interest as shown below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_parallel_north
multiple challenges to dates conjectured by mainstream archaeology
and
multiple perspectives on this issue are rife
particularly since
"book burning" habits of conquering armies
have destroyed 90%, if not more
of previously written and annotated evidence
nevertheless
multiple cuneiform tablets remain
as yet untranslated
obviously
we lack the full story
there is information
currently unknown
The Great Year is also controversial
not all think it is over 25,000 years.
I know David has done a great deal of research into this
so hopefully he will comment on the Great Year and precession.
Below i show what happens on the winter solstice
in Izapa, Mexico with Sirius and Alnilam:-

Hi Monk - thanks :smile:
Mysterious findings in the Gize Pyramids also continue to date.
The discoveries made throughout the pyramids
indicate that there could be other yet to be discovered rooms
and possible artefacts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szsvJ3Ufa7k

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,

The Great Year is also controversial, not all think it is over 25,000 years.
I know David has done a great deal of research into this, so hopefully he will comment on the Great Year and precession.
Hi Monk :smile:

you need a personal ayanamsa to construct a sidereal chart.
No, there isn't a need for an ayanamsa in tropical.
I read the entire thread, and
still don't know
what ayanamsa has been chosen by Petosiris.
siriusly déjà vu
I can't count the times I've told you I use Aldebaran 15.
Stop trolling here, or I would just stop replying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling
Where's the mention of Aldebaran 15?
Quote:
The head and Regulus arise up to the 6th degree
Quote:
and Spica up to the 30th
Quote:
the face and <including> Aldebaran up to the 22nd
No other zodiac has Spica between 28 and 30 with Aldebaran after 15.
It is the equal constellational zodiac.
If anyone examines the images I give
he should find them most apparent in the sky.

JUPITERASC

Eternal (in beginning) heavens
is a Hellenistic idea

on the contrary :smile:

YxlZEPP_d.webp

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,
So far i can't find any other locations where Sirius Stops still on a yearly basis for so long, so for a previous ancient religion to value Sirius, it may be along the 30* latitude parallel:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30th_parallel_north
We may be looking under the sea however to find pointers.
Another area and latitude i would look for would be Izapa, Mexico, on 21st June and 21st December 2012, being the Solstices both Sirius and Alnilam align with the Sun, which would be interesting for ancient cultures, but controversial, for that would only happen again for over 20,000 years.
So the 15th Parallel North is of interest as shown below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15th_parallel_north

The Great Year is also controversial, not all think it is over 25,000 years.
I know David has done a great deal of research into this, so hopefully he will comment on the Great Year and precession.

Below i show what happens on the winter solstice in Izapa, Mexico with Sirius and Alnilam:-

Hi Monk - when archaeologists disagree
and book burners destroy more than 90%

of previously notated evidence
then call on an Archaeoastronomer to solve :smile:
Impossible 370,000 Year Old Ancient Civilization Discovered!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEq-WnXfgQ

petosiris

Banned
Well, I am not stressed about it. You know astrology is older than The Bible. It was written about long beforehand. ��

No one argues that the 49 canonical scriptures were written before divinational astrology and other widespread heathenish practices among the nations. Yet, no one argues that the stars are older than the unbegotten God or his only-begotten Son, who is his Word in the beginning, through whom the heavens and the earth and everything in them were made.

petosiris

Banned
David, have you wondered how the faith of the Gentiles got to where it is in 2000 years?

I mean why are we not worshipping the gods of the majority (for there are some of the seed of Abraham who don't know it) of our fathers? Is it because of atheism and the enlightenment, or is it because of the Word becoming flesh and the prophets?

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I mean why are we not worshipping the gods of the majority (for there are some of the seed of Abraham who don't know it) of our fathers? Is it because of atheism and the enlightenment, or is it because of the Word becoming flesh and the prophets?

It was predestined by the stars, millennia’s ago.

Monk

Premium Member
No one argues that the 49 canonical scriptures were written before divinational astrology and other widespread heathenish practices among the nations. Yet, no one argues that the stars are older than the unbegotten God or his only-begotten Son, who is his Word in the beginning, through whom the heavens and the earth and everything in them were made.

Hi Petosiris,
Astrology has a long history:-
https://www.touregypt.net/astro/
My thesis is that Sirius and the Belt of Orion have been used in divination for at least 25.800 years.
Marking out places of interest by latitude can give indications of where early interest in the stars may be.
I find Cairo interesting as Sirius didn't behave regarding precession for over 2,000 years, but continued to be the heliacal rising star.
Hi Jup,
Thanks for the video's on earlier posts, i enjoyed them all!!
The other area of interest is Izapa, Mexico, during this period on 21st June 2012 and then on to the end of this century, the Summer solstice has interesting alignments being Sun rising with Alnilam and Sirius and Sun setting together, on attachment below:-
It may of been interesting to early star gazers of the cycle of the great year of 25,800 BC when we would think this alignment would have caused a great deal of interest in the area. I have also again put alignments for 21st December 2012, showing Sun rising as Sirius Setting and Sun setting as Alnilam is rising on attachment:-
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/digital-nomad/2012/02/10/point-of-view/
I wonder if the cycle of the Mayan Calendar was about weather?
Tishtrya that is associated with Sirius and rain means a changing climate:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tishtrya
Sirius is also associated with very hot summers as in "The Dog Day's of Summer". This could be slowly happening to us on Earth.
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/ninonina.html

Attachments

• picture 230 40% (2).png
    picture 230 40% (2).png
    434.7 KB · Views: 20
  • picture 231 40% (2).png
    picture 231 40% (2).png
    438.4 KB · Views: 19
  • picture 188 40% (2).png
    picture 188 40% (2).png
    435.2 KB · Views: 20
  • picture 189 40% (2).png