sudden changes in purpose?

destin

hello! for about the past 5 years i’ convinced myself that i was going to be this amazing dancer and i’ve dived so deeply into it, until i realized it isn’t what i want anymore. recently, i’ve found myself reconnecting with one of my earliest loves: reading. i’m thinking about going to school to study english lit + philosophy, and i feel like my chart supports this. it’s just that i’m afraid bcus i haven’t been in a school environment for like 3 years and i have adhd and a whole bunch of other ****. part of me feels like the challenges that accompany this route makes the case for it even stronger but who knows right. what do you think?

my chart (i’m a 29° cancer sun and scorpio moon, it’s hard to see):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9SDdotUYAQlcZS.jpg

Last edited:

destin

D9SDdotUYAQlcZS.jpg
sorry lol

Jesusistheway

hello! for about the past 5 years i’ convinced myself that i was going to be this amazing dancer and i’ve dived so deeply into it, until i realized it isn’t what i want anymore. recently, i’ve found myself reconnecting with one of my earliest loves: reading. i’m thinking about going to school to study english lit + philosophy, and i feel like my chart supports this. it’s just that i’m afraid bcus i haven’t been in a school environment for like 3 years and i have adhd and a whole bunch of other ****. part of me feels like the challenges that accompany this route makes the case for it even stronger but who knows right. what do you think?

you don't really have staying power despite your Mars in the 9th house of scorpio with school. here's why, your neptune (ideas/ideals/dreams/aspirations) is opposite mercury (thinking/thought/mind) and the sun. therefore you will have weak aspirations between your thoughts and actions to follow through. why? because the sun just left the day to day 6th house for relationships.
also chiron needs healing in the 9th house. so if you want to be healed it has to be through relationships over 9th house matters: maybe a foreign relationship or foreign business. you are obviously a famous person with pluto and the moon in the 10th house. your probably using mind, looks, and power and are probably an actor or actress. but lets look at your earth signs and houses and angular houses. your inner spark is in your 4th house of gemini. that's your key inspiration and roots of your mind and inner workings. taurus in the 3rd house has jupiter and saturn in there but their opposite the glyph of mars so all it will really do for you is bring you luck and stability of mind but no action. sounds like your mind is your strongest asset. aquarius with uranus there says you have a hidden talent in the arts possibly recording and songwriting. your supposed to songwrite! leo house is full, cancer is feeling in the 5th house, so ripe for writing songs! or even books. forget school you don't even need it... you need to focus on other outlets that let your talents shine. but if we look closely your appearance is another asset. your a virgo type woman whose looks shine in the 10th house with plutonic features not to mention the 8th house of libra there. so you shine with writing, appearance, and music.

https://www.ascap.com/ for songwriting
for writing find a publisher or agent

Last edited:

sworm09

You have Pisces rising, Sagittarius on your MC and Mars in Scorpio as the final dispositor of your chart. You'll be switching routes for the rest of your life for the most parts. Mutable signs always jump from thing to thing and end up doing a billion things before everything is said and done. Mars rules inconstancy as well as sudden changes.

How do you feel about travel? Mars in Scorpio in the 9th naturally indicates travel (as well as pretty turbulent religious beliefs) and the mutable emphasis could find a great outlet in travel.

Career wise, Venus in Virgo is your career sigificator. This could give you some interest the arts, but also in things like creative writing. The interest in philosophy might come from Jupiter ruling your MC, Mars and the Moon in Scorpio in the 9th, and Mercury in the 6th. However, if you decide to go into philosophy, it needs to be something Venusian or you'll find yourself just as discontented. What are your specific philosophical interests? Something like aesthetics (the philosophical study of beauty) would be right down the line of Venus in Virgo.

destin

You have Pisces rising, Sagittarius on your MC and Mars in Scorpio as the final dispositor of your chart. You'll be switching routes for the rest of your life for the most parts. Mutable signs always jump from thing to thing and end up doing a billion things before everything is said and done. Mars rules inconstancy as well as sudden changes.

How do you feel about travel? Mars in Scorpio in the 9th naturally indicates travel (as well as pretty turbulent religious beliefs) and the mutable emphasis could find a great outlet in travel.

Career wise, Venus in Virgo is your career sigificator. This could give you some interest the arts, but also in things like creative writing. The interest in philosophy might come from Jupiter ruling your MC, Mars and the Moon in Scorpio in the 9th, and Mercury in the 6th. However, if you decide to go into philosophy, it needs to be something Venusian or you'll find yourself just as discontented. What are your specific philosophical interests? Something like aesthetics (the philosophical study of beauty) would be right down the line of Venus in Virgo.

i love traveling! & i see, i’ve had my eyes on metaphysics, morality, and ethics, but i’m down to try anything. also is venus my career significator bcus it rules the house my chart ruler is placed in?

sworm09

i love traveling! & i see, i’ve had my eyes on metaphysics, morality, and ethics, but i’m down to try anything. also is venus my career significator bcus it rules the house my chart ruler is placed in?

Ethics is a good choice for your chart. Anytime Jupiter is prominent in a natal chart, it has to be something that has broader human interests in mind. Speculative philosophy just isn't going to cut it. You'll have to learn logic, epistemology, and metaphysics in order to build up a good ethical view, but the goal of someone with Pisces Rising and Jupiter ruling the MC should always be something that applies to human interests. My chart is similar to yours and I've found my general life direction always coming back around to using philosophical argumentation to better the lives of myself and others, especially concerning political philosophy and philosophical approaches to religious questions. I actually found myself happy for the first time in life when I started studying analytic philosophy in college.

With Venus in Virgo and Jupiter in Taurus, you might find bioethics interesting.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ethics is a good choice for your chart.
Anytime Jupiter is prominent in a natal chart, it has to be
something that has broader human interests in mind.
Speculative philosophy just isn't going to cut it.
You'll have to learn logic, epistemology, and metaphysics
in order to build up a good ethical view, but
the goal of someone with Pisces Rising
and Jupiter ruling the MC should always be
something that applies to human interests.
My chart is similar to yours
and I've found my general life direction always coming back around
to using philosophical argumentation
to better the lives of myself and others,
especially concerning political philosophy
and philosophical approaches to religious questions.
I actually found myself happy for the first time in life
when I started studying analytic philosophy in college.
With Venus in Virgo and Jupiter in Taurus, you might
find bioethics interesting.
NOTICE ALSO
natal chart aspect that occurs only every twenty years
i.e.
a JUPITER/SATURN conjunction :smile:
Jupiter is afflicted by SATURN

destin

NOTICE ALSO
i.e.

i know about this one being a rarer aspect, would it matter as much bcus the orb is so wide? would it mean saturn is going to try to make my life that much harder lol

destin

Ethics is a good choice for your chart. Anytime Jupiter is prominent in a natal chart, it has to be something that has broader human interests in mind. Speculative philosophy just isn't going to cut it. You'll have to learn logic, epistemology, and metaphysics in order to build up a good ethical view, but the goal of someone with Pisces Rising and Jupiter ruling the MC should always be something that applies to human interests. My chart is similar to yours and I've found my general life direction always coming back around to using philosophical argumentation to better the lives of myself and others, especially concerning political philosophy and philosophical approaches to religious questions. I actually found myself happy for the first time in life when I started studying analytic philosophy in college.

With Venus in Virgo and Jupiter in Taurus, you might find bioethics interesting.

awww that last sentence “i actually found myself happy...” just gave me so much hope! i rlly think schooling is going to bring my closer to my purpose, so i’m glad to see it’s worked well for you

JUPITERASC

i know about this one being a rarer aspect,
would it matter as much bcus the orb is so wide?
would it mean saturn is going to try to make my life that much harder lol
HELLENISTIC astrologers used aspects by sign :smile:

as well as

aspects within a specifically three degree orb

and

when delineating the aspect by SIGN
the orb is the entire sign
i.e.
using a three degree orb allowed for "out of sign aspects"
as well as relative strength

destin

HELLENISTIC astrologers used aspects by sign :smile:

as well as

aspects within a specifically three degree orb

and

when delineating the aspect by SIGN
the orb is the entire sign
i.e.
using a three degree orb allowed for "out of sign aspects"
as well as relative strength

got it got it! i wasn’t clear on that before

JUPITERASC

NOTICE ALSO
i.e.
i know about this one being a rarer aspect,
In ancient times Jupiter and Saturn were
the outermost known planets :smile:
and were called by astrologers of old the "Great Chronocrators".
For millennia
the alignment of these two planets
has been regarded
as a significator of great social
economic
and
political watersheds - historic turning points, if you will.
hence
referred to as
"The Great Conjunction"
clearly then
Juiter Saturn conjunctions have been charted for millenia
by MUNDANE ASTROLOGERS

Jupiter's alignment with Saturn at intervals of just under 20 years
is occasionally repeated due to a retrograde of one or both planets.
Each successive conjunction
not counting retrograde repeats
occurs at a mean advance of
approximately 243 degrees relative to its predecessor
although from one alignment to the next
this arc can vary considerably.
Every third conjunction
i.e.
once every 60 years
brings the alignment back
to its starting place, plus around 9 degrees:
this 60 year cycle is termed
FIRST ORDER RECURRENCE of the conjunction.

Every 40th conjunction - roughly once every 800 years -
brings the alignment back to within about 1 degree of its starting place:
this approximate 800 year cycle is termed SECOND ORDER RECURRENCE
aka GREAT MUTATION CYCLE

JUPITERASC

hello! for about the past 5 years i’ convinced myself that i was going to be this amazing dancer and i’ve dived so deeply into it,
until i realized it isn’t what i want anymore.
recently, i’ve found myself reconnecting with one of my earliest loves: reading. i’m thinking about going to school to study english lit + philosophy, and i feel like my chart supports this. it’s just that i’m afraid bcus i haven’t been in a school environment for like 3 years and i have adhd and a whole bunch of other ****. part of me feels like the challenges that accompany this route makes the case for it even stronger but who knows right. what do you think?

Oddity has not posted for awhile
here's useful summary guideline of their advice posted in days gone by
for assessing natal chart career indicators :smile:

CT's pretty much got it. My quick-and-dirty is:

Planets in the 10th house
Planets making a phasis - these two tie for first place
Ruler and exalted ruler of 10, especially if they see the MC
Check if rulers of 1 and 10 aspect each other
The planet the moon is making its next applying aspect to
Planet rising before the sun (Venus, Mercury, Mars)

You won't find all of these in every chart, and in some charts any showing is pretty weak. But not everyone is career-orientated. Lots of people just have jobs, and may or may not do something else to enhance their 10th house
and CT advises:
There are a bunch of methods
that people use to delineate career in the natal chart.
For instance, you could look for prominent planets in angles
(the traditional branch pays heightened attention to Mercury, Mars and Venus
as these are seen as the planets of profession);
Planets placed in the 10th, 6th and 2nd,
especially if configured with other prominent planets;
planets making a phasis (heliacal rising/setting or stationing direct).

Then, you may want to look at the general "orientation" of the chart

to see which career options may be more attractive to the chart holder.
e.g. Someone with Taurus Venus conjunct the MC
and Libra Moon in the 2nd may not one to do a profession
that is overly "rough" or "competitive".
So if Mars is also prominent
they may rather use the qualities of leadership and stubborness
in more urbane professions.

JUPITERASC

For interested beginners mystified by the term PHASIS :smile:
HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY
Conditions relative to Sun :

When a planet is in the interval from heliacal rising
up to first station
or from second station up to the heliacal setting,
the planet is capable of appearing
and therefore is in a place conducive to the conduct of its business .

The heliacal rising of a star (or other body such as the moon,
a planet or a constellation)
occurs when it first becomes visible above the eastern horizon
for a brief moment just before sunrise,
after a period of time when it had not been visible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliacal_rising

When a planet is making a Station and/or phasis,
it is not only capable of appearing but is also intensified
[Schmidt says that Phasis means “making an appearance”
or “sudden dramatic showing of something”.
It can also mean “something that speaks”
or we can say that it means “an appearance that speaks”].

PHASIS describes a planet making a heliacal rising
(rising before the sun)
(standardized to 15 degrees by Hellenistic astrology)
within 7 days before of after native’s birth.
Rumen Kolev one of the few living practitioners of Ancient Babylonian Astrology
based on his own observations of the skies,
states that the 15[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] standardisation[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] is obviously a variable dependent upon local conditions.[/FONT]

When any planet is “under the sun’s beams”
i.e. within 15 ecliptic degrees of the sun,
the planet is considered not capable of conducting its business
due to being “drained or unempowered”.
However, there are modifications to this
such as if a planet is in its Exaltation, own terms or own bounds
or dignity, then the planet is considered to be “in its own chariot”
and therefore “protected and/or shielded” from
the potential 'harm' of combustion.

When a planet is in the interval of first station to second station
(i.e. retrograde),
the planet is not fit to conduct its business
because it is described as “walking backwards”

Jesusistheway

I wonder what your two grand squares mean? anyone care to comment.

destin

I wonder what your two grand squares mean? anyone care to comment.

i also have a grand trine (i think asc aspects count right?)
29 cancer sun-29 scorpio moon trine, 0.08° orb
they both trine my 22° pisces ascendant
don’t know if that helps make my life just slightly less chaotic

Jesusistheway

i also have a grand trine (i think asc aspects count right?)
29 cancer sun-29 scorpio moon trine, 0.08° orb
they both trine my 22° pisces ascendant
don’t know if that helps make my life just slightly less chaotic

your life must be chaotic. you have four planets in square to each other and then two opposites. but the grand square aspect is twice. that manifests into tense relationships and problems within those houses where the planets aspect them.

your 29th degree cancer sun means your a singleton of the sun. don't lie your an actress! lol .also your pisces ascendant is another indicator of the appearance aspect helping you. the 29th degree aspect of the moon might indicate a tumoultous mother child relationship but also make you a great mother yourself or nurturing person.

the easy flowing aspects in your chart are from your midheaven to your 6th house of daily routine. you must be important.