Will querent receive her second package and if so, then when?

Cypocryphy

Here's a follow-up question to this. I have told her that she will receive the second package; however, she confirmed to me that she hasn't. I told her that it would be sent to her as honored by the vendor for free. That it would spend time in customs and/or USPS for a total of one week plus approximately six days. That's 13 days. I do believe that my time frame is off and it is still in customs. I was provided the tracking info.

So I am off on my timing. I suppose we'll see how off in a few days here. I could be entirely wrong but this chart seems to be saying that regardless, she will not receive the ire of the authorities, that with the :parsfortunae: in the first, conjoined Neptune, it is her "sleepy-time medication." With :mars: and :moon:, etc.

Anyway, there's a lot going on in this chart, which is why I find it interesting and am posting it. :smile:

Anyone else have a different conclusion here?

P.S. Wait. I'm not off yet. There's still 7 days to go, I suppose.

Attachments

• Will the second package Diamond.jpg
    Will the second package Diamond.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Dignities for Diamond Chart.jpg
    Dignities for Diamond Chart.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Happy new year cypo.
I'm not familiar with this kind of chart, so, unfortunately, I can't help in this instance.

Infact you could teach me if you wish, of how to read this kind of chart.

Cypocryphy

Happy new year cypo.
I'm not familiar with this kind of chart, so, unfortunately, I can't help in this instance.

Infact you could teach me if you wish, of how to read this kind of chart.

Happy New Year to you too!!! :joyful:

Good to see you around here :smile:

I put the chart up in "standard format." :tongue:

I suppose that's better :smile: Oh, and I made every chart follow Lilly's approach.

All the very best!
C.

Attachments

• astro_2apa_when_will_2nd_package_arrive_to_querent_hr.83161.16868.jpg
    astro_2apa_when_will_2nd_package_arrive_to_querent_hr.83161.16868.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 42

Chrysalis

Oh, I don't follow any approach, I do my own thing. But thanks for the circular chart, it's most helpful.

Are we taking 2nd from 2nd for 2nd parcel?

Cypocryphy

Oh, I don't follow any approach, I do my own thing. But thanks for the circular chart, it's most helpful.

Are we taking 2nd from 2nd for 2nd parcel?

Ha! That’s probably best.

As for second from second, aka 3rd house, it would be my opinion that one would have to use the chart for the first package in that instance. However, I’ll let your intuition guide you here :smile: personally, I used the second house simply because it had been paid for already, so the querent owns it once it’s been purchased, especially when it leaves the control of the seller.

Thinking ..... the :moon:. Becomes lost again in a day after the chart was made? No way. *thinking*

Anyhow, I’ll let you follow your instinct :smile: I will give feedback too on what happens and when *thumbs up*

Thanks Chrysalis! :happy:

Last edited:

kalinka

Yes she will. Kp Horary says on 24th January.

When looking at the tropical chart, intuitively I would say that she will receive the package because Moon approaching a sextile to Mars. Moon and Jupiter exalt Mars and Mars is strong in accidential dignities.
My question is now - do we really usually use the 2nd for the package? According to Frawley the package is not her 2nd yet. It will be her 2nd when it arrived. So now it is still theoretically in the possesion of the seller.
it must be his 2nd or the 8th or 6th (for chemical medication/drugs) of the 7th or mercury as natural ruler for medicine. But this would open now a new discussion which house/planet to use for medicine.
In any case we do not use the 2nd of the 2nd. This is a question about one package. It does not matter how many packages she bought before or is waiting for. The first package has iits own chart.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Yes she will. Kp Horary says on 24th January.

When looking at the tropical chart, intuitively I would say that she will receive the package because Moon approaching a sextile to Mars. Moon and Jupiter exalt Mars and Mars is strong in accidential dignities.
My question is now - do we really usually use the 2nd for the package? According to Frawley the package is not her 2nd yet. It will be her 2nd when it arrived. So now it is still theoretically in the possesion of the seller.
it must be his 2nd or the 8th or 6th (for chemical medication/drugs) of the 7th or mercury as natural ruler for medicine. But this would open now a new discussion which house/planet to use for medicine.
In any case we do not use the 2nd of the 2nd. This is a question about one package. It does not matter how many packages she bought before or is waiting for. The first package has iits own chart.

Where does Frawley say this? I don’t think he does. And if he does, that’s his general opinion. I would go by the facts. Seller sent the package, which is now in the US. Buyer/querent relinquished her funds which the buyer now has. Therefore a purchase has been made. The package is buyers, and technically, is in control of neither the seller nor the buyer but the carrier or couriers. That is either a USA agency or the USPS. So that is who presently “controls” or has “dominion” over the package. The package belongs to the buyer, however.

I will keep you posted on dates and thanks again! I’ll let you know after the dates you gave :smile:

kalinka

Where does Frawley say this? I don’t think he does. And if he does, that’s his general opinion. I would go by the facts. Seller sent the package, which is now in the US. Buyer/querent relinquished her funds which the buyer now has. Therefore a purchase has been made. The package is buyers, and technically, is in control of neither the seller nor the buyer but the carrier or couriers. That is either a USA agency or the USPS. So that is who presently “controls” or has “dominion” over the package. The package belongs to the buyer, however.

I will keep you posted on dates and thanks again! I’ll let you know after the dates you gave :smile:

He didn't wrote this directly but about letters...
here is an example, where the astrologer used the 2nd of the 7th:
https://chrysalisastrology.wordpress.com/category/horary/
same situation. The buyer paid and the package is on the way.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

He didn't wrote this directly but about letters...
here is an example, where the astrologer used the 2nd of the 7th:
https://chrysalisastrology.wordpress.com/category/horary/
same situation. The buyer paid and the package is on the way.

Okay. First, that is not John Frawley but someone inspired by him. Second, like all missing objects, the second house is used if owned by the buyer. In the simple question, where is my watch? You would use the second house. If asking where is seller’s watch, then second from seventh. This guy is overthinking. The question is not where is seller’s package—it’s where is MY package. Already the buyer and seller agree that it is her package that she purchased. Now if you want to find a natural significator, then that is fine.

This guy is clearly over thinking. This is not seller’s package because you haven’t sent it to “seller” since seller did not bargain for your sending a package to seller that seller purchased from you and now owns.

If I bought something from a store and took a bus home with it, it would not be the merchant’s purchase and we wouldn’t use second from seventh. It is your purchase even though it is traveling to buyer’s home. What if buyer finds it’s not with her while on the bus? Would we consider the seller to own it still? I don’t think so. But you can read it as you may. I just disagree with this person.

kalinka

In Frawley's Textbook he wrote to use the third of the 7th if it is a letter you are wating for. Or if it is a book you bought, then it is the package of the seller. It is in your posession when it arrived.
In the example the astrologer first looked at the second house ruler but Jupiter did not fit. Then he used the 2nd of the 7th, which was mercury, making an aspect to moon and gave the right answer. But maybe it was mercury as natural significator of the package and not the ruler of the 8th.
Usually I also use the 2nd for vedic charts, but I just wonder if it is really everytime the 2nd, when it is about packages or something that comes by post.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

In Frawley's Textbook he wrote to use the third of the 7th if it is a letter you are wating for. Or if it is a book you bought, then it is the package of the seller. It is in your posession when it arrived.
In the example the astrologer first looked at the second house ruler but Jupiter did not fit. Then he used the 2nd of the 7th, which was mercury, making an aspect to moon and gave the right answer. But maybe it was mercury as natural significator of the package and not the ruler of the 8th.
Usually I use the 2nd for vedic charts, but I just wonder if it is really everytime the 2nd. When looking for lost objects, the object is most of the time in the posession of the querent, so there is no question which house to use.

Frawley also couldn’t determine the difference between “misplaced” and “lost” and that “a finer mind than his would have to determine the difference.” It is based on intent of the person whose object is where it is intended to be and where it is not intended to be. A subtle distinction but one common to common law (and I’m not sure if a pun is intended here or not). :smile:

I will tell you this: I used not only the second house and the :moon: but the house of the gate keeper, too. She who has dominion over the object in question. Fundamentally this is an issue of thievery and will said object be lost or stolen or will courier deliver the buyer’s package.

If you cross the border into another country to buy something because it’s cheaper there and laws forbid such purchases in one’s own country, you will have to cross the border back into your own country with the merchandise you purchased in a foreign country. Border customs will be there to ferret out contraband. So the question is to identify a possible thief: Will said thief take the item(s), and if not, will the courier make it to the buyer’s domicile so that buyer has absolute dominion over said item.

As for seller and 7th, will seller sell the item to buyer and send it? That’s a true second of seventh. We are dealing with sales. The third if seventh is relevant in determining if seller correctly put the address on the package of said item.

All of these are of value in knowing and will clearly show in the chart. An overseas purchase is complicated. My adjudication of the chart used multiple planets and houses, and I used the natural ruler of said item. This is why it’s easier knowing what was ordered and from where as it helps to read the chart.

I still do not recall Frawley saying packages are 3rd from the 7th. Maybe a love letter but not an item bargained for and purchased. I do not memorize everything I read. If I had that ability I wouldn’t be working on a Sunday :lol:

All that being said, read the chart as you wish. I’m just giving my humble opinion here. :smile:

kalinka

thanks, I just wanted to hear other opinions about which house or significator to use for the package. I think we are on the safe side by paying attention to receptions.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

thanks, I just wanted to hear other opinions about which house or significator to use for the package. I think we are on the safe side by paying attention to receptions.

I agree. Thanks Kalinka. I do hope you are correct. A little anecdotal story:

I once had a man from India contact me, paid me, to determine if his wife were having an affair with another man. Oh do I hate having questions like these. A hurtful answer is one asking for. People seeking help are really seeking hope. By the time they come to you, they are bordering on hopelessness. Something bad has happened. This is true the majority of the time. If you are honest, you run the risk of crushing a persons hope and nothing is worse than feeling hopeless. It is also the surest way to lose a client.

But if it were me, I’d want the truth, so I told him she was. I described the guy to him as being a foreigner (at this time I thought he was from USA, not Pakistan (which he was) and said he was a business man). He was extremely upset. Obviously. He thought I didn’t know what I was talking about. He said he wanted to know how many men she’s had other than him. I said 8 to 10. Either one. He said I was lying. So he tested me and asked me how many women he’s slept with. I said 12. He exclaimed that’s exactly right!!! But he said, there is no way she’s slept with that many. I said okay but I don’t liked doing these readings. This continued on, and he’d contacted me repeatedly. I have empathic abilities and he contacted me once and I was drunk all of a sudden. Passed out on my bed. He later told me he started drinking heavily, so that explained that experience. He also said he lost his job because he started drinking again and showed at work drunken. I had to learn to protect myself from connecting this way.

Anyhow, this is a tangent. But the point is that sometimes what we say can have great consequences. A lie can be painful, but the truth can be even more so, even deadly. So I hope you are right about all of this because she told me she is very ill and depressed.

In my opinion, however, from what I remember, :sun: and :jupiter: are Cazimi. So the government is protected from letting contraband in and the buyer will not be charged for ordering it. The moon is lost objects, even more so being in the 12th. The second house and natural ruler of the object, having mutual reception with :mercury: by bounds but no aspect, is aspected by the :moon:, in the detriment of the government, in its possession :saturn: The only aspect is by :moon: to :mars:, the latter being the package and the :moon: that of the lost, perfecting while :moon: is in the 12th, house of imprisonment. Therefore a day after this chart was cast the package was seized by customs and will be destroyed as the :moon: is besieged.

And that is the end of her story and her package. /(^o^)\ I worry about her.

Last edited:

muchacho

Hey. Thanks for looking that up. I don't think I have that book. What's the text say exactly? Just curious to hear someone else's reasoning here.

It's in the chapter about 3rd house questions. In the first edition of the book he writes:

Usually the question is about someone else's letter: 'When will I hear from him?' 'When will the book I ordered arrive?' Take the ruler of the sender's 3rd house to show the person's letter. This usually brings us to the 9th, as such questions are usually asked about either sweethearts or those with whom the querent has a business deal (such as ordering the book). All such people are shown by the 7th house, the 3rd from which is the radical 9th. Once you have located the correct significator, look for an applying aspect with Lord 1, the Moon or Lord 2. An aspect with Lord 2 shows the letter coming into the querent's possession. Then time the arrival by degrees in the usual way. No aspect: no arrival. If you've ordered a book, the point at issue is the arrival of the book: the seller's parcel, 3rd from the 7th.

Frawley, The Horary Textbook, p. 165
In the revised edition, however, he adds this:

Be clear about what is of importance. If you are asking about money due to arrive by post, your question is 'When will the money arrive?' not 'When will the letter arrive?' It is the sender's 2nd house, not the sender's 3rd, that is of interest. Despite what I wrote above, the same is true of merchandise, such as books, arriving by post. It is the seller's possession that is on its way to you, so it is the seller's Lord 2, not Lord 3, that is of interest. Even if you have paid for the merchandise, it is not your possession until it arrives, so it is not shown by your own 2nd house. The 2nd is the house of movable possessions: if you don't have it yet, you can't move it around.

Frawley, The Horary Textbook, Revised Edition, p.192

Cypocryphy

It's in the chapter about 3rd house questions. In the first edition of the book he writes:

In the revised edition, however, he adds this:

Okay. Can’t put a thanks cause I’m on my phone. And it just quote a bit of this. I have some issues with this logic.

(1) this seems to stem from books and letters, 3rd house matters. (2) It seems to be an extension of love letters. A business transaction and a book. He corrects this in the revised edition as it wasn’t clear because he used a package of a book so now says it’s the second of the seventh. Why? Because it’s not in the persons (querents) possession. Okay.

Yet, by the very nature of losing something the lost object is not in the querent’s possession. He or she simply doesn’t have it. However, in the first instance the querent at least had a receipt showing ownership of a recent purchase.

If I went to a store and bought something, then lose it somewhere from the store to my home, how would the merchant have control of it? If I bought something and it was sent with proof the merchant no longer has it, the how is it second from seventh? If I sent a friend to pick up an order I had a receipt for would we use the second from the seventh?

Even relationships are ubiquitously given the seventh even though traditionally it has always been regarded as the house of marriage, of binding contracts. But a date is the fifth house. Anything without a commitment is fifth but Frawley uses the seventh, always. I think it is due to his gambling propensity in sports and heavy reliance on sports betting so that any interaction with another is the seventh house.

When I do this, step one is to determine the person who had dominion and control, and if that is know, will it be stolen or taken. If not known, then it’s only the second, and the chart should reveal the rest. In the former situation, it will either be the courier or the government, if going through customs. Albeit Frawley still seems to use the lord of the second, the moon and first.

One thing is clear, people have to treat horary as an art, more so than other areas of astrology. It is the closest thing in astrology to reading tea leaves and tarot. If one uses a book for tarot then that person isn’t doing it right. Once a person understands the grammar, he or she can write how he or she wants. So is with horary that once someone understands the houses, planets, etc., he or she is free to read a chart as he or she wants. But a person must have a complete understanding of the “grammar.” That’s my opinion. But there are other horary practitioners who do not see or do things as Frawley, who has his own system for many things and is not a pure traditionalist. That’s not a criticism but just that he doesn’t go by the book, always.

Cypocryphy

Here is another reason why I believe Frawley is wrong in his analysis and logic:

If we look at the general law, in English speaking countries; in fact, let's look at commercial goods here in the United States. These principles are taken from long ago, during times of fiefdom.

UCC § 2–509 Risk of Loss in Absence of Breach.**
(1) Where the contract requires or authorizes the seller to ship the goods by carrier (a) if it does not require him to deliver them at a particular destination, the risk of loss passes to the buyer when the goods are duly delivered to the carrier even though the shipment is under reservation (Section 2-505); but (b) if it does not require him to deliver them at a particular destination and the goods are duly tendered while in the possession of the carrier, the risk of loss passes to the buyer when the goods are there duly so tendered to enable the buyer to take delivery.

So, to unpack that, once the seller has given the goods to the carrier, he is no longer in control of the goods and, therefore, is not culpable for any mishap. Why? Because the seller has complied with the contract, and unless there is something materially wrong with the agreement (e.g, you order a air conditioner and receive a refrigerator) that leads to a material breach (and even then it might not be an immediate breach), the buyer bears the onus of whatever happens to the goods. Why? Because the buyer is now OWNER of the goods and will have to take it up with the carrier (USPS, etc.). This is true unless the merchant and buyer enter a contract that specifically states otherwise as to whom bears the burden of loss.

The short of it is that if the buyer is responsible for the loss, it is due to being the owner of those goods, meaning we look at the second house. We look at the 2nd from the 7th if seller has not delivered the goods to a carrier.

Last edited:

kalinka

I wouldn't say that he is wrong. I am not sure but I think it depends on experience. However I haven't much experience with package charts. In vedic astrology there are much more methods to read a chart. For example some use the 9th for the father and others the 10th.
maybe it also depends on the astrologer, who cast the chart. It appears as you need it/as you read it.

Cypocryphy

I wouldn't say that he is wrong. I am not sure but I think it depends on experience. However I haven't much experience with package charts. In vedic astrology there are much more methods to read a chart. For example some use the 9th for the father and others the 10th.
maybe it also depends on the astrologer, who cast the chart. It appears as you need it/as you read it.

Hey Kalinka,

You wouldn’t say he’s wrong? He himself said he was wrong in his revision. In the first book he used 3rd from 7th (seller) to determine the whereabouts of a package containing a book. The only reason is due to the package containing a book because it’s a “writing.” Realizing he was wrong he corrected this by saying it’s the second from the seventh. So, when you were quoting him and using the 3rd from 7th, the revision points this out as an error.

The first rule, however, is that one is correctly giving portentous information and/or correctly identifying the location of the lost object. No one is right 100 percent of the time, but one must be right more often than not. If one is wrong half the time with yes’s and no’s (or less), then there is a problem. If your system gets you the right answer and a right answer with specifics then one can claim one is doing it the right way, relatively. By relatively, this person has developed a system that works for himself or herself. Fundamentally, that Is what matters: getting accurate info or making accurate predictions—being correct.

One has to assume that a revision that is not adding additional info but correcting past info is doing so because it was incorrect. I know you say different houses are used in Vedic but I don’t think that’s the case. 9th for “father” is due to the father being a teacher or one’s guru being looked at as a father of spiritual teachings. It’s a matter of perspective and is relative to the question being asked.

I’ll give Frawley the benefit of the doubt that the question was asked “where is my package” because the querent had no idea if it had been sent or anything. So this is an instance of knowing the situation. If buyer bought something and it was sent “media mail” (or something like that), then you’d certainly want to know if the seller sent it and when it’s going to arrive, thus second from the seventh. But it today’s wold of e-commerce, where tracking is the way of everything, most of the time everyone will know where the package is and when it should arrive. You have proof that (1) you own the purchase and (2) it is with someone other than the seller, the carrier. If that’s the case, why would one still consider the seller owning the package? It makes no sense. You have “title” to the goods and the seller can no longer influence the goods because it is out of her possession and with a carrier.

Ask yourself this: if you bought a commercial good, I.e., a movable possession and not real estate, and you sent your friend to go pick up what you bought from the merchant, and said friend calls you and says “I have your book and will drop it off tonight” but never does; would you use second from the seventh still? What if it were your father who said this and didn’t deliver it? What if it were your sister or brother or neighbor? Would you still use second from the seventh?

Last edited: