Virgo the great mother and divine feminine energy

Virgo is ruled by the moon on an esoteric level , the Virgo constellation is a composite of all that is feminine, Madonna, shakti, Ceres , Persephone,Ishtar, Inanna , Isis , Freyja, the constellation is about the divine mother.

I’m inspired by nature and femininity , I’m a Virgo rising and Virgo seems the most feminine of all the zodiac symbols as it’s the symbol of the Maiden / Vixen / Virgin......Virgo is the healer , high priestess, witch , mother ,mother Mary

I made this thread because most virgos I’ve met are very maternal and they don’t get much credit for it , as a Cancer ♋️ sun myself, I don’t really give off that motherly vibe but I’ve noticed virgos are very motherly and then remembered her constellation is all about fertility and motherhood including all goddesses associated to Virgo including Mother Mary are all epitome of motherhood

david starling

Before Christianity, the foremost Virgin Goddess was Pallas Athena, protectoress of the City-state and bringer of abundance. Athens was named for her, but she was worshipped throughout Greece and on Crete.

The Romans named her Minerva, and considered her the Goddess of Wisdom.

Osamenor

Staff member
The singer who chose the name Madonna has Moon in Virgo.

Virgo rising, too.

But Madonna is her given name, not a stage name. I suppose you could consider going by her first name alone her stage name, though she's hardly the only singer to do that (see: Beyonce, Prince).

Is it any coincidence that one of her top hit songs is "Like a Virgin"?

CapAquaPis

Madonna a triple dominant Virgo (sun or said to be Leo, but close, similar with Michael Jackson born in the same week period in Aug 1958)...compared to but not exactly for myself having a Mars-Jupiter-Saturn Virgo...that sign is ruled by Mercury bordering close to the Sun ruled by Leo. It can be connected that the "V"s of Venus and Virgo = the (pri)madonna figure, also shared with Cancer known to be maternal and the most feminine. Virgo is the 6th sun sign and house each, in contrast to "7" visible planets in classic and traditional astrology. Venus is smack in the middle, the brightest planet and Venus, like Mercury is always orbiting closer to the sun than any other solar system planets. And the proposal to have Ceres to be the (co) ruler, the first asteroid or planetoid, with a round-ball-shape, reminiscent of a pregnant person's belly before the woman/ mother/ maiden/ female life force/ virgin (Mary) delivers the child into the world.

david starling

Virgo rising, too.

But Madonna is her given name, not a stage name. I suppose you could consider going by her first name alone her stage name, though she's hardly the only singer to do that (see: Beyonce, Prince).

She has 6 kids, two biological, 4 adopted. Sounds pretty maternal!

Osamenor

Staff member
Madonna a triple dominant Virgo (sun or said to be Leo, but close, similar with Michael Jackson born in the same week period in Aug 1958)...

Madonna was born on August 16th. That makes her definitely a Leo Sun. She wasn't born that close to the cusp. Michael Jackson was born on August 29th. Sun is decidedly in Virgo by then.

paul1

Virgo is ruled by the moon on an esoteric level , the Virgo constellation is a composite of all that is feminine, Madonna, shakti, Ceres , Persephone,Ishtar, Inanna , Isis , Freyja, the constellation is about the divine mother.

I’m inspired by nature and femininity , I’m a Virgo rising and Virgo seems the most feminine of all the zodiac symbols as it’s the symbol of the Maiden / Vixen / Virgin......Virgo is the healer , high priestess, witch , mother ,mother Mary

I made this thread because most virgos I’ve met are very maternal and they don’t get much credit for it , as a Cancer ♋️ sun myself, I don’t really give off that motherly vibe but I’ve noticed virgos are very motherly and then remembered her constellation is all about fertility and motherhood including all goddesses associated to Virgo including Mother Mary are all epitome of motherhood

This is a misinterpretation of Virgo, whose main characteristic is discrimination. Virgo rules the stomach whose function is to separate wanted from unwanted substances. Cancer is the mother and rules the womb and breasts. The first division of the zodiac from Aries to Cancer deals with basic impregnation, gestation, and separation of the foetus (physical or ideational). The second division Leo- Scorpio deals with emergence of the personality and its development, so Virgo is concerned with a higher level, and analysis and practical use of material resulting from the (adolescent) explosion of Leo. The 'virgin' means the ability to remain unaffected by the onslaught through exercising discrimination. Cancer is the cosmic mother, opposite Capricorn the father. The Cancer personality has nurturing capacities not possessed by Virgo, whose orientation to detail might be mistaken as such. Madonna's attraction to children is due to Leo, and the Virgo influences are a modifying factor resulting in balance and fame.

Last edited:
This is a misinterpretation of Virgo, whose main characteristic is discrimination. Virgo rules the stomach which is able to separate wanted from unwanted substances. Cancer is the mother and rules the womb and breasts. The first division of the zodiac from Aries to Cancer deals with basic impregnation, gestation, and separation of the foetus (physical or ideational). The second division Leo- Scorpio deals with emergence of the personality and its development, so Virgo is concerned with a higher level, and analysis and practical use of material from the explosion of Leo.

I have never heard of this interpretation of astrology, I only know that ruling planets, modalities, constellations, symbols and houses make up the personality of a zodiac sign 🤷🏼*♀️...... I made this thread based on the constellation of Virgo , I read through it and was curious , I know Virgo rules midsection and it is even the sign of fecundity, the ear of wheat the Virgo maiden carries signifies fertility of the earth while cancer is the fertility of the womb

Virgo rising, too.

She’s an Aquarius rising for the love of God 🤦🏼*♀️

Madonna a triple dominant Virgo (sun or said to be Leo, but close, similar with Michael Jackson born in the same week period in Aug 1958)...compared to but not exactly for myself having a Mars-Jupiter-Saturn Virgo...that sign is ruled by Mercury bordering close to the Sun ruled by Leo. It can be connected that the "V"s of Venus and Virgo = the (pri)madonna figure, also shared with Cancer known to be maternal and the most feminine. Virgo is the 6th sun sign and house each, in contrast to "7" visible planets in classic and traditional astrology. Venus is smack in the middle, the brightest planet and Venus, like Mercury is always orbiting closer to the sun than any other solar system planets. And the proposal to have Ceres to be the (co) ruler, the first asteroid or planetoid, with a round-ball-shape, reminiscent of a pregnant person's belly before the woman/ mother/ maiden/ female life force/ virgin (Mary) delivers the child into the world.

Madonna is a Leo sun

waybread

The constellation Virgo appears in the Bible in a couple of places. It's a little known fact that a lot of the Bible can be mapped out on constellations and asterisms.

In the nativity scene, the Virgin Mary traditionally gave birth in a kind of cave-- if you visit the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem you can visit it in the cellar beneath the church. This was a big symbol for the sun at the winter solstice emerging from the darkness. She is surrounded by several animals of the zodiac and beyond-- the ram, the ox, the goat (Capella.) The "manger" is the common name for the asterism Praesepe in Cancer, which would be on the MC with the sun in Capricorn at midnight. The two stars on either side of Praesepe were called "the asses" (donkeys) and Gemini may represent the shepherds.

Although Mary was usually depicted standing or kneeling at the manger, there are a few paintings that show her lying down-- more similar to the constellation Virgo-- and to a woman who has just given birth.

See also the book of Revelation: the heavenly woman giving birth in ch. 12, and given wings. (Ch. 13 gives a description of the constellation Cetus.) The Whore of Babylon in ch. 17. The beast she rides on is the constellation Hydra.

The two main stars in the constellation Virgo are Spica (stalk of grain) and Vindemiatrix (harbinger of the grape harvest.) The Virgin subsequently gives birth to Jesus, who says that his body is bread (made from grain) and blood is wine.

Attachments

• nativity Duccio 1308-11.jpg
    nativity Duccio 1308-11.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

waybread

I also have Virgo rising. Uranus squares my ascendant, so I never managed the neat and tidy look.

Since ancient times Virgo has undergone a lot of changes. In traditional astrology she is one of the barren signs. Understandable if we consider that a Virgin by definition is not impregnated.

The Mercury rulership is kind of interesting. The Sumerian precursor of the Roman god Mercury was a goddess named Nisaba or Nidaba, the patron of scribes. She ruled grain stores. The first writing was probably simple accounting, to keep track of grain brought to ancient Mesopotamian city states as tribute or taxes. She apparently also owned lapis lazuli tablets on which stars were recorded. Nisaba was called "the lady of wisdom."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisaba

Over the centuries, Nisaba got demoted as the wife of the Babylonian god Nabu (Nebo) who took over her scribe function. When astrology diffused from Babylon to ancient Greece, the Greek god Hermes and the Roman god Mercury took over from Nabu.

But we still see vestiges of ancient Sumer with the planet Mercury traditionally ruling astrology and scribes; and Virgo ruling places where grain is stored.

Attachments

• Nisaba_Lagasch.jpg
    Nisaba_Lagasch.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 27
I also have Virgo rising. Uranus squares my ascendant, so I never managed the neat and tidy look.

Since ancient times Virgo has undergone a lot of changes. In traditional astrology she is one of the barren signs. Understandable if we consider that a Virgin by definition is not impregnated.

The Mercury rulership is kind of interesting. The Sumerian precursor of the Roman god Mercury was a goddess named Nisaba or Nidaba, the patron of scribes. She ruled grain stores. The first writing was probably simple accounting, to keep track of grain brought to ancient Mesopotamian city states as tribute or taxes. She apparently also owned lapis lazuli tablets on which stars were recorded. Nisaba was called "the lady of wisdom."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisaba

Over the centuries, Nisaba got demoted as the wife of the Babylonian god Nabu (Nebo) who took over her scribe function. When astrology diffused from Babylon to ancient Greece, the Greek god Hermes and the Roman god Mercury took over from Nabu.

But we still see vestiges of ancient Sumer with the planet Mercury traditionally ruling astrology and scribes; and Virgo ruling places where grain is stored.

Virgo was Inanna the Queen of heaven to the Mesopotamians and Ishtar the great whore of Babylonian , and Isis to the Egyptians, The Virgo constellation is about fertility, motherhood, femininity and vulnerability, As Ceres being the true ruler could be exalted in cancer , there are over a thousand versions of astrology but the fruitfulness or barrenness of a sign has nothing to do with how the signs relate to each other tbh , Virgo is not just seen as Mother Mary but the divine feminine energy Shakti in Hindu astrology and Yemojá mother of waters , Orísha Oshun goddess of fertility and womanhood in west African mythology , Alan Leo the father of astrology according to Linda Goodman invented esoteric astrology and it interests me because he has a major reason for choosing the Moon 🌑 as Virgo’s esoteric ruler

paul1

it is even the sign of fecundity, the ear of wheat the Virgo maiden carries signifies fertility of the earth

This has to be interpreted correctly. The figure holding the sheaf of wheat is a maiden (virgin), signifying the crop before the harvest. It's an untouched state of being or situation. This purity is what allows Virgos to navigate situations which are impenetrable to gross thinking.

Last edited:
This has to be interpreted correctly. The figure holding the sheaf of wheat is a maiden (virgin), signifying the crop before the harvest. It's an untouched state of being or situation. This purity is what allows Virgos to navigate situations which are impenetrable to gross thinking.

The ear of wheat 🌾 held by Virgo represents the fertility of the earth , google it or find out from a professional astrologer

david starling

Read up about Athena, and the meaning of the word Parthenon. Wise in the arts of peace and the arts of war. She was a protectoress, and brought abundance to the city-state, in population, crops, and animals. She was credited with the invention of the plow for agriculture. She was associated with the olive tree, and "virgin" olive oil.

There's a reason Virgo is known as the Sign of Generals, but she was also a nurturer.

Last edited:
Read up about Athena, and the meaning of the word Parthenon. Wise in the arts of peace and the arts of war. She was a protectoress, and brought abundance to the city-state, in population, crops, and animals. She was credited with the invention of the plow for agriculture. She was associated with the olive tree, and "virgin" olive oil.

There's a reason Virgo is known as the Sign of Generals, but she was also a nurturer.

Athena is more associated with Libra or Gemini

Yes she was a virgin but The vestal virgins are more virgoish

david starling

Athena is more associated with Libra or Gemini

Yes she was a virgin but The vestal virgins are more virgoish

She wss THE Virgin Goddess, both nurturing and protecting. Virgo is the most underrated Sign. Athena was a sky goddess, originally winged herself, then with a winged companion as a messenger. Virgo is usually depicted as having wings.

Three realms of EARTH: Sky (Earth's air, its atmosphere, :virgo:), Sea (Earth's waters, :capricorn:, originally the Sea goat), and solid ground (Earth's sold land mass_ :taurus:). The material world is made up of vapor, liquid, and solidity. So, Virgo is the airy Earth-sign, the Mutable one, and is known for analytical thinking--it's the materialistic Air-sign.

She wss THE Virgin Goddess, both nurturing and protecting. Virgo is the most underrated Sign. Athena was a sky goddess, originally winged herself, then with a winged companion as a messenger. Virgo is usually depicted as having wings.

Three realms of EARTH: Sky (Earth's air, its atmosphere, :virgo:), Sea (Earth's waters, :capricorn:, originally the Sea goat), and solid ground (Earth's sold land mass_ :taurus:). The material world is made up of vapor, liquid, and solidity. So, Virgo is the airy Earth-sign, the Mutable one, and is known for analytical thinking--it's the materialistic Air-sign.

I actually see Virgo as the water 💧 of earth signs cos of their docility, fluidity and sensitivity

Capricorn as the fire 🔥 of earth signs cos of their ambitious nature , strong-will and Stubbornness

Taurus as the air 🌪or earth 🌍 of earth signs cos of their superficial nature , argumentative nature and materialistic tendencies

Virgo -watery earth as it’s mutable
Capricorn-Fire of earth cos it’s Cardinal
Taurus-Earthy or airy earth cos it’s fixed