Signs on one's cadent houses

wan

Hello. I seem to notice this about myself, where people with planets in signs that are on my cadent houses really repel me. For example, I have fixed signs on all my cadent houses and despite the fact that both my Sun and Moon are in fixed signs, people with a lot of fixed energy really put me off.

I think it only makes sense. I seem to be really attracted to people with mutable or cardinal energies, and my angles are all in mutable signs, and the cardinal signs are on the later half of the angular houses. And if we are meant to mainly respond to these due to their cardinal influence then it only makes sense that the "weakest" houses and signs will put us off.

Thoughts?

waybread

Wan, what is your sameple size? You interact with many people, but know the basic birth data--let alone, with times-- for only a tiny per centage.

Synastry goes by comparing planetary pairs; and chart angles or other senstive points, if you have them. So look at see whose planet A squares or opposes your planet B. If you have stressed planets in your natal chart and someone else's whosie-whatsit planet sits on them, you're not likely to be well-disposed to such a person.

You probably can say which of your houses someone's planets fall into. That will say something about how you experience them.

Cadent houses are not always weak. The 12th and 6th have a bad traditional reputation, but the 3rd is so-so and the 9th house is favorable.

wan

Bread:

I admit that my sample size is not that big, it's mostly made up of people that I personally know. It's a very rough generalization, I only know their sun sign (mostly) and the moon for maybe a handful of them.

But the way I see it, even if it's only their sun being in a fixed sign, it's enough to cause strong feelings of antipathy in me. I don't even need to know where the rest of their planets lie.

waybread

So why not decide to be OK with people as they are? Can you just relax around them? They can't help when they were born.

Roughly one quarter of the planet will have their sun in a fixed sign. That's a couple of billion people.

Are you familiar with the Jungian concepts of shadow material and projection?

Where did you come up with the conclusion that this is because of fixed signs being in your cadent houses?.. It is pretty basic astrology that there are different aspects between signs and that signs in your group (cardinal, fixed or mutable) most of the time will do harsh aspects to each other (opposition, square). If you're an aquarius sun your sun will be doing squares to taurus and scorpio and oppositions to leo. If you have a different moon sign it will make other aspects to those planets (also that might put a harsh aspect in your chart like sun opposite or square moon). Squares can show sexual attraction or passion but it will also show difficulties between two people. Sister signs (leo and aqua, scorpio and taurus etc)do like each other because they complete each other in a way but in aspects an opposition between two planets can give difficulties as well.

People can be very attracted to the signs that do squares to their signs but they can also have difficulties in relationships. I'm a cancer sun w libra moon, liked a guy that was Aries sun with libra moon, we liked each other vey much but we were fighting all the time because our planets were doing harsh aspects. ( sun square sun, moon opposite sun, moon square sun, only positive was moon conj moon) and this was just the sun and moon aspects. We were very jealous and I felt like he didn't understand how I wanted him to communicate and he felt the same way(this is because of squares and oppositions) Also sister signs can like each other very much because in some ways they complete each other but they can also dislike each other because some of their opinions and behaviours will be the opposite.

My descendant is in pisces so I should loove the energies of pisces and neptune, but I don't. I actually dislike their energy, pisces seem to like me and I find them attractive at first but their behaviour and look at life and opinions is usually exactly the opposite of what I think. I literally get frustrated when I talk to them because we can't agree on anything. But my venus is in virgo in the 1st house conj the ascendant aka opposite the descendant. So when I meet people with planets in pisces my venus will be doing oppositions to their planets. So I think maybe look at the planets and their aspects to eachother and to other people first, and then their aspects to the angles (1,4,7,10 houses). And if you have any plantets in those cadent houses you can look at what aspects they are doing as well.

Frisiangal

Hello. I seem to notice this about myself, where people with planets in signs that are on my cadent houses really repel me. For example, I have fixed signs on all my cadent houses and despite the fact that both my Sun and Moon are in fixed signs, people with a lot of fixed energy really put me off.

Thoughts?

Maybe because they can be as stubborn and hard-headedly fixed in their relating to others as you ? :whistling::biggrin:

IleneK

Premium Member
Maybe because they can be as stubborn and hard-headedly fixed in their relating to others as you ? :whistling::biggrin:

This is where I would go, too. [Being fixed Sun and Moon:biggrin:]

Perhaps you are repelled by people like yourself with fixed signs because you are repelled by yourself.

wan

Perhaps you are repelled by people like yourself with fixed signs because you are repelled by yourself.
I think this is a definite possibility, Ilene. I can be quite fixed, or, as they say, stubborn, and I have to be honest and say that I really dislike this trait, both in myself and others.

Although my pig-headedness isn't too too bad, because it's tempered by the mutability in my chart (all 4 angles in mutable signs).

IleneK

Premium Member
I think this is a definite possibility, Ilene. I can be quite fixed, or, as they say, stubborn, and I have to be honest and say that I really dislike this trait, both in myself and others.

Although my pig-headedness isn't too too bad, because it's tempered by the mutability in my chart (all 4 angles in mutable signs).

Same with me.

It is a grace that my pervasive fixedness [Su Mo Ma Sa Pl] is tempered by mutable angles ruled by Merc in Gemini and Jup in Sag.

Lin

All fixed signs square each other. Or oppose each other. So....chances are whatever houses inhabited by any of your planets in fixed signs will have some basic incompatibility with other fixed sign people.

If you have fixed sign planets in different fixed signs in your chart then you have a basic conflict within you already. So other people with fixed signs will just make your issues more obvious. Naturally you will not like that. :leoimg:
LIN

IleneK

Premium Member
All fixed signs square each other. Or oppose each other. So....chances are whatever houses inhabited by any of your planets in fixed signs will have some basic incompatibility with other fixed sign people.

If you have fixed sign planets in different fixed signs in your chart then you have a basic conflict within you already. So other people with fixed signs will just make your issues more obvious. Naturally you will not like that. :leoimg:
LIN

Totally agree, when they square or oppose.
Not so much if they are in the same fixed sign/s as yours. I have lots of Leo in my chart and get on well with many Leos.

wan

Totally agree, when they square or oppose.
Not so much if they are in the same fixed sign/s as yours. I have lots of Leo in my chart and get on well with many Leos.

Actually, with me, it's the opposite. I have Leo and Scorpio and these two signs are my absolute, least favorite signs.

IleneK

Premium Member
Actually, with me, it's the opposite. I have Leo and Scorpio and these two signs are my absolute, least favorite signs.

Interesting. Leo rules my cadent 12th including my Moon. I get on really well with Leos, have many warm and lasting Leo relationships.
I will say this. Taurus rules my cadent 9th including my Sun. I have a very hard time with Taurus and Scorpio energies. But I take pleasure in the ability to work through it with the Scorpios. We usually can get to the other side and form deep bonds.
Taurus energy, less so. I've really not met many Tauruses, at least to my knowledge. I have brother with Taurus rising and Taurus Moon in the 12th and all is intractible between us [how Taurean]. However, I had a therapist who was a Taurus, and is was an warm, very gentle and loving relationship

Thank you for the interesting exploration into this kind of subtle subject.
icon7.gif