Yods created by sextile between Neptune & Pluto

EJ53

Banned
I hear a lot of say what the yod is and when I talk about a frustration in my life I have a lot of people saying the frustration is coming from another aspect which is hard for me to believe when there 5 of my planets involved in this pattern because I feel like I'm in constant frustration/restless for about 90% of my life......

Let's start by breaking down the Yod, Racole :-

1. Sagittarius Neptune/Libra Pluto sextile = dissolving religious, educational and cultural barriers.......(This group's contribution to the 500 year long Neptune/Pluto in Gemini cycle that aims to break down scocial barriers).

2. Scorpio Uranus/Libra Pluto = destruction of taboos......(This group's contribution to The Uranus/Pluto in Virgo cycle which gave Higher Education to the masses).

3. Scorpio Uranus/Sagittarius Neptune = destruction of religious, education and cultural taboos which restrict free-thinking......(This group's contribution to the Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn cycle that produced government reform and improved conditions for the masses).

4. Moon in Taurus = Emotional attachment to physical things......and it's opposition to Uranus in Scorpio suggests the evolutionary contribution of this group is to reconcile material and spiritual values......To show that we can be "in this world but not of it".

5. Sun in Sagittarius = Morally aware of "what is right"......and it's conjunction to Neptune provides a means for that planet to consciously express itself......(As a talent for music, for example......but, perhaps ultimately as a campaigner for higher spiritual and moral values in politics).

So Racole, my guess is that the events relating to your Yod will share a theme of material sacrifice/loss which leads to spiritual growth......and that prompts me to ask "what became of the relationship with the man who kissed you in 2000.....and, what was the life path change after you became unable to pursue your career as a French Horn player in 2002?"

EJ:smile:

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Racole12 said:
I have a lot of people saying the frustration is coming from another aspect which is hard for me to believe when there 5 of my planets involved in this pattern because I feel like I'm in constant frustration/restless for about 90% of my life.

Explanatory Note for Information

Your planets fall into two groups, Racole.......Those around 18-20 degrees (the Yod) and those around 29-13 degrees......with the latter linked by aspect orbs - Mars trine Chiron; Chiron qcx Mercury and square Jupiter; Jupiter square Venus and Venus sextile Saturn......So, whenever one planet in each of these groups is activated by progression or transit, all the planets in that group are activated.

However, the two groups themselves are linked by the conjunction of Uranus (in the Yod) and Venus (in the other)......So in reality, whenever one planet in your chart is activated, they are all activated.....making everything that happens seem yod-related to you.

EJ:smile:

racole12

Hiya EJ

I'll reply to the first post a little bit later, I wanted to think about it a little more since I found another transit that triggered my yod which looks like a pattern is occurring. But to the second post all I could say was, "oh wow"... the last 2 1/2 yrs I have been completely "stuck" and it didn't make sense (b/c I wasn't hooking everything together) but looking at the placement of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune during this time triggering "everything" makes sense, (and then Pluto triggering my mars and AC/DC). I'm pretty new to astrology and up to now I was only looking at one on one aspects, in which last week I was starting to think maybe more was being triggered in a way I'm not use to seeing. Thanks for insight... it completely opened my eyes.

Thanks,
Becca

R4VEN

EJ, thanks for those 2 examples. So clearly points of decision in your life - which is what Yods seem to be about.

I tried that with my own Neptune-Pluto, but didn't raise anything for progressed Moon.
Since I obviously wasn't paying attention when I did this investigation into progr Moon forming a temporary Yod with the natal Neptune-Pluto quincunx (and since EJ's natal Moon is also in Cancer, and so this temptorary inconjunct would have occurred for each of us at around the same time), I again looked at it, and shook my memory cells a bit harder, and came up with the answer.

I figured that since I have natal Moon in Cancer in the 6th, and with this configuration creating a tendency towards creating illness as a way of `escaping' from a tense life situation, a progressed Moon in Pisces would be sure to `show up' such a tendency - a weakness, if you like......

Sure enough, the two times in my life so far when progr Pisces has created a temporary Yod have been in April 1966 and July 1993. .......

The first time I `created' quite a serious illness while spending Easter at my parents' remote farm. No Dr was consulted (my father would have considered that a waste of $$/petrol) and so I was bed-ridden for some time. In later years my mother even confessed that she was afraid I was going to die!!!!! At the time I was a teaching student and thought that this was what I wanted to do, but I must now recognise that I wanted out, but didn't know how to go about that, as I was also contracted to continue the course, and teach for 2 years after graduation. I duly recovered, and went back to my `life'.

The 2nd time was July 1993, and my job (teaching!!) was literally making me sick. By this time I had developed a degree of chronic fatigue, which only worsened as time went on.

Interesting that on both occasions health and career were intertwined. I have natal Neptune conj my MC.

R4VEN

RA4EN,
I noticed your Ascendant had progressed into Pisces in the Spring of 1992,followed by the Pr' Moon in late July 1992.The Moon reaching 9 Pisces in May 93.A decade later in July the Ascendant had progressed to this degree,making a sextile to your NN.

I would be interested to learn about your Jupiter Return Years,when Transiting Jupiter reached 9 degrees of Sag',prior to the exact return.

Jerry.
I found your post very interesting, Jerry.

Will PM you with my findings.

R

R4VEN

Quote: Posted by Jerry.

I may get back to you later when I have checked something out.

Please could you have a look at this chart for me R4VEN?

Event chart: 13th Feb 1692 04:15 am LMT Glencoe 56N39 05W03,Scotland.
Asc 17Sag56, Mc 28Libra56.

Then look at the transits on the 17th August 1980 to this event chart.

Jerry.
Sorry, Jerry, but you've lost me with this one.

I can certainly see some parallels between the Glencoe Massacre event and my own draconic chart, but these seem circumstantial.

As to the 17th Aug 1980 (disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain) and how it relates, I'm in the dark.

I need explanations, I think.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_35_glencoe_massacre+17-8-1980.jpg
    astro_24gw_35_glencoe_massacre+17-8-1980.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29

Bikram

I have a moon-pluto-neptune yod with moon being the apex in the eighth house.Yods are complicated.Now I don't try to think what they might do next.

APL4444

Thank you very much for all the wonderful posts above. They brought a lot of clarification to me.

Too bad I am arriving so late into this conversation. Nobody has posted here for so long that it seems that the thread is all but inactive.

A couple of days ago, I realized the fundamental importance of the Yod (Actually, boomerang) in my chart. It is almost like I don't have a Yod in my chart. It seems that my birth chart IS a Yod. All major planets, but the Moon, have major aspects to the Yod.

On top of that the basis of the triangle covers the section of the chart in which the Shani Sade Sati (Ayurvedic Astrology) occurs. In other words, the basis of the Yod is my astrological hell. Yay me!

Well, I really hope, we can get this thread rolling again.

Attachments

• APL4444 Birth Chart.jpg
    APL4444 Birth Chart.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

serafin5

Thank you very much for all the wonderful posts above. They brought a lot of clarification to me.

Too bad I am arriving so late into this conversation. Nobody has posted here for so long that it seems that the thread is all but inactive.

A couple of days ago, I realized the fundamental importance of the Yod (Actually, boomerang) in my chart. It is almost like I don't have a Yod in my chart. It seems that my birth chart IS a Yod. All major planets, but the Moon, have major aspects to the Yod.

On top of that the basis of the triangle covers the section of the chart in which the Shani Sade Sati (Ayurvedic Astrology) occurs. In other words, the basis of the Yod is my astrological hell. Yay me!

Well, I really hope, we can get this thread rolling again.

You sound like me haha! I feel like my life is a Yod! One big one! , LOL! I notice that we are born with the same generational planets (even though I aspire toward Traditional astrology) my Yod is with Mercury sext. Venus, quincunx Pluto (almost Uranus too but org is too big).

So glad you resurrected this thread!
Serafin5

APL4444

Hi, Serafin.

Please, post your chart. Maybe, if we discuss about each other's chart, we can come up with important insights.

By the way, I just found out that the BOOMERANG Pattern in my chart is a FAN pattern too.

It feels like this party has just started. :-D

Thanks a lot for answering.

Last edited:

StillOne

Welcome to the forum and thanks for resurrecting this thread! I'd forgotten about it.

Since your chart is centered around this one aspect pattern, what do you think about your Yod situation? Would you care to share how you think it operates?

In other words, the basis of the Yod is my astrological hell. Yay me!

I'm curious what you mean by this?

Krewster

Might be hard to tease out the influence of APL's Yod composed of only heavier planets.

And, using tight orbs, I'm not seeing all personals except the Moon tied into the Yod but, rather, just his Merc/Ven being semi-sextile to the Nept side of the Yod's base and undecile to the Pluto side.

So an asymmetrical Kite shape config can be identified in which Merc/Ven are blessed by Nept and challenged by Sat and Pluto. Perhaps there's an unsupportive intensity to his Merc/Ven which had been ascribed to Sat?

APL4444

Hi, StillOne and Krewster for posting

The first thing I would like to highlight is that actually the Merc/Ven opposing the Saturn makes the structure actually a Boomerang, not just a Yod. It would be nice to talk about Boomerangs configuration this kind of configuration is not discussed as much as Yod. Even Yods aren't much discussed.

However, before I start to expand on what I feel the Boomerang means to me personally, I would like to point to the year in which that Sat/Plut/Nept Yod happened (1968). Pluto, Neptune and Saturn are, as you know, slow moving planets. Therefore, that allowed for several Boomerangs formation to happen that year.

I don't have a Astrology software that would allow me to find out all the different times that a Boomerang was formed that year. It would be very interesting and informative if anyone reading this post could do it because 1968 was such important year for Modern History. My humble opinion is that the Yod (and the consequent Boomerangs) was a strong determinant for 1968 to be such important year. It would interesting to find out also in which year a Sat/Pluto/Nept happened again since 1968 to compare those years among themselves.

In 1968, MLK and Bob Kennedy were assassinated that year. It was the beginining of the end of the Vietnam war. Richard Nixon was elected and eventually start the Drug on War as a political tool. The Drug War is what basically ended the cultural revolution in the 70's. Many other very important events happened all over the World.

There are at least a few books about the year of 1968. It is worth taking a look on the summary of these books to realize the magnitude of the meaning of the year of 1968 (and, in my opinion, the Sat/Pluto/Nept Yod) for History. 1968 has been called "The year that rocked the World" and the year "when America turned."

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=1968

After we discuss a little about the meaning of this Yod to Humanity and History, I ll start exercise my selfshiness :joyful: and talk about how it influences my personal life.

Thanks a lot for resuscitating this thread! I am looking forward to have a lot of fun together here.

Fun, Fun, Fun ! (This is my Mars/Virgo/5th house celebrating) :happy:

Krewster

Yes, thanks for your energy on this subject too...

probably my approach means I'll only expect to learn something if we reverse your requested order of topics for discussion (i.e., personal first).

and perhaps in such process, my above comments may receive the benefit of your consideration (e.g., that perhaps the 2.x-ish loose-orbed semi-sextile from Pluto over to Ven/Merc is soooo wide that it is not a semi-sextile; and, therefore, something other than the symmetry upon which boomerang interpretations probably rely is presented).

perhaps, like me, you have not been aware for most of your astro studies that once you get up to 12 denominator-based aspects, the allowable orb is only one degree (though I use a bit more experimentally).

Not to fret: there's likely more juicy details in a-symmetrical "kites" than there are in there perfect sisters.

APL4444

Hi, Krewster.

Thank you very much for your motivating posts and observations. Your last made me rethink my opinion about the Boomerang.

I took a closer look at the aspects between the Yod and Merc/Ven. However, I only partially agree with you. In my humble opinion semi-sextiles can have effects if the separation is up to 3 degrees between planets or the Moon. If any the parts involved is a asteroid, I consider only 1 degree separation as effective.

Therefore, I agree that Pluto and Mercury are NOT in a semi-sextile with each other. However, because Venus is in sem-sextile with Pluto, the influence of Pluto on Venus kind of "pokes' Mercury thorugh Venus ''behavior.''

Before, I go any further, my fear is to write a post that is too long. That would bore people away. So, I ll try to expand on this chart drop by drop following the interest of whoever ask questions or make observations here.

Said that, I feel like the Merc/Ven conjuction is the salvation of my sanity. They work as a escape valve for the pressure build by the Yod. Among other ways, the Merc/Ven conjunction works in my chart giving me artistic talent and taste. After trying several vehicles for so long, I finally opted to dedicate myself exclusively to Poetry. It is what works for me. I surely feel the relationship of Neptune and Pluto as friends, while Saturn brings me a lot of grief. However, the energy of Saturn instead of imploding me, it manifests as art through the Merc/Ven conjunction. Also, a resource that I can always count on is the Mars/5th/Virgo to work the opposition by the side way (through the Wedge). I tend to work stress caused by the Sat - Merc/Ven opposition through humor, fun and excitement.

One last observation: I feel that a storm may be brewing involving the Boomerang (Sat/Pluto/Nept) in my chart. The Sun is gonna conjunct the Yod-Saturn soon, at the same time that Mars is going to conjunct the Yod-Merc/Ven. Transit Saturn has been sitting on the Yod-Neptune for a while. Whatever happens, it is going to be next week.

If I survive the storm (that is, if a storm happens), I'll let you know :happy:

P.S. Please, let me know if my posts are too long.

Thank you very much again

Attachments

• Alex's Birth Chart II.jpg
    Alex's Birth Chart II.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 37

Krewster

For the first 3-ish years checking minors in charts of familiars, I also gave the semi-sextile enough orb to leave no gap with the “adjacent” decile aspect (i.e., respecting the 10 and 12 denominator based aspects while painting over the 11 denominator in 10 and 12 clothing);

And then realized such approach had me seeking verification in the field of aspects as semi-sextiles which were mathematically undeciles (such as in the case of your Merc/Ven – Pluto being 24 min and 21 min respectively applying and separating from exact undeciles to Pluto; so no distinction between them need be made insofar as one being more undecil-y Plutonion than the other).

Not saying I’ve figured out the undeciles (beyond the net-available “need for adjustment”) but forum members here and there whose charts bear undeciles to personal planets have complained about symbolically-similar behavior/experience rather than praised themselves in the areas relevant to the personal planets involved.

I like that your Merc/Ven has translated into a poetry pursuit (my young daughter also has that conjunction and I would wish the same for her) though note the possibility that the 30 to Nept lends the necessary sensitivity while the undecile to Pluto may be lending drive (in the sense of some discomfort from which writing may offer release).

Similarly, I’m not seeing a Mars 120 Sat (as depicted in your offered wheel graphic) again due to orb. Instead, Mars’ 30 to Sun/Uran probably provides enough juice.

Not to fret, since your Jup lies bi-quintile to your Sat and, therefore, triangulates over (via deciles) to the Merc/Ven providing expansion-style talent/drive and some form of release from the Sat oppo.

APL4444

Hi, Krewster.

Thank you for your dedication to this thread. Remembering better what I learned about semi-sextiles, I realize now that semi-sextiles admit only a 1.5 degree distance. Therefore, you are right. My Pluto/6th/Virgo is not in a semi-sextile with my Merc-Ven/7th/Lib. Based on that, there is no Boomerang in my Birth Chart.

What motivated me to review my position, was your opinion that Pluto I could feel Pluto influence as uncomfortable. Pluto has a slightly uncomfortable influence on my creativity. However, it is pleasant at the same time. It is more like a itching pimple that you want to squeeze out. It is not like my Sat/1st/Aries, that is unpleasant like the stone of Sysiphus (That is the archetype that I feel myself living because of that Saturn). However, that Saturn is retrograde. If I understand well, this Saturn, for being retrograde, is trying to teach me how to win over limitations, not squash me.

Going back to Pluto. I believe it drives me to dissect reality, look for a deeper meaning in life, to grow through deepening my roots into the ground of life. PLuto gives me a analytic mind, but it is translated by the synthesizing censure of Saturn. We can't forget that this Saturn works in double duty. This Saturn is also the handle of a ''Fan'' formation.

Regarding, the aspect between Mars and Saturn, I still think it is a true trine since the separation is below 8 degrees.

I am afraid that I am may be focusing too much in my personal chart. That may drive other people who look at this thread away. They may have observations and questions about a wider range beyond my personal story.

However, for the time that nobody else asks anything, it is a great pleasure for me to keep in exchanging insights and observations with you, Krewster.

Please, don't feel shy of keeping inquiring. I hope this exchange has been a pleasant and exciting for you as it is for me.

Krewster

Thank you also for sharing what the undecile feels like (it is for me the most elusive within the set of the first twelve denominators).​
As descriptors, "slightly uncomfortable" and "itching pimple" seem in-line with the mild-ish influence one might expect from an 11-denominatored aspect of mid-orb strength from Pluto to your Merc/Ven.​
If there's a "but" it is that these descriptors seem insufficiently honed to help in distinguishing the discomfort of the 11's from that of the octile family (and, indeed, your Mars' tightest aspect is its 15 min orbed semi-octile to Pluto; if the semi-octile aspects' discomfort serves as a motivator into action, then perhaps the 11's discomfort is something either less workable-with or more ever-in-motion or....?).​
Is it no longer a Boomerang merely because asymmetrical? I wouldn't say so (or at least I would first focus on their being statistically tons more asymmetrical boomerangs and so interpretive efforts are most usefully deployed to understand the latter; and/or that whatever the perfect boomerang may mean becomes distorted in a single, definable manner in the asymmetrical versions.​
But fundamentally, yes, the Fan config characterization of your chart is the way to go. Sat aspects everything except the Sun and (imo) Mars. Just curious, if you give trines 8 degrees, then automatically you give sextiles 4, right? (I find 4 degree loose sextiles weak beyond recognition).​

Yes, we are off-topic but nobody caught us yet.​

Last edited:

APL4444

Hi, Krewster

Thank you very much for always answering so promptly.

If the aspect between Mars and Pluto gives me any drive to action, it is just to create art. However, not enough to divulge it and try to 'help other people with it. It stays only at the level of desire and inner life.

Said that, I feel compelled to focus this chat on Saturn again. As my chart is indeed two neon signs pointing to Saturn, the Yod (or crooked Boomerang) and the 'Fan'. Therefore, I have to come in a agreement with Saturn to be able to grow and stop repeating the same mistakes.

Ayurvedic Astrology tend to work a lot with the concept of remedies. I wonder if any Western school works with a similar concept. The remedies in Ayurvedic Astrology tend be on the mystic, esoteric and religious side. I wonder if any Western School of Astrology would suggest practical means to work well with this Saturn. The Saturn himself could be a solution for the problem that the Saturn itself is, just like snake poisoin antidote comes from snake poison.

Once, I uncap the resources and power of that Saturn, I think I will be pretty much free to fly.

The very first Astrologer who read my chart (20 years ago) kept saying: ''Every time you have a problem, do not go on meditating like Buddha. Go out to the Market. Talk to people.''

I think he was talking about the Yod, about the tension between Saturn and Merc/Ven. Also, the position of Saturn in the 'Fan' is supposed to mean that my resources and help comes from others (?) My feeling is that the Saturn is a "Holy Diver" looking for a treasure. However, his air comes from the surface, and his accomplishments are to benefit the people in the surface. The danger for this Saturn is to think of himself as isolated and lonely. If he loses contact with the surface, he dies.

Finalizing, I am watching that Sun and Mars simultaneous conjunction with the "broken" boomerang next week. Hopefully, that is going to break a pattern that makes people to not want to listen what I have to say.

Please, keep sending your observations. It is helping me a lot.

Thanks a million.