Afflicted Ceres and food issues

kbell

It was brought to my attention by a member of the forum that I may want to look at my Ceres in the case of multiple food issues. I've been diagnosed with multiple food allergies that I've suffered for years with. The only thing I could do was severely modify my diet to not include these foods. I was wondering if that would show up in my chart somehow. My severe allergies are: wheat, dairy, and eggs. I have a long list of other allergies on top of this.

I notice that jupiter is tightly conjunct my ceres so that leads me to believe that adds the multiple part. Ceres rules food also.

Is this something that can be seen in Ceres if she's afflicted?

Last edited:

freedomlover

It was brought to my attention by a member of the forum that I may want to look at my Ceres in the case of multiple food issues. I've been diagnosed with multiple food allergies that I've suffered for years with. The only thing I could do was severely modify my diet to not include these foods. I was wondering if that would show up in my chart somehow.

This is what I've noticed in your chart, as to how the food allergies are showing up:

Your Ceres is partile conjunct Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd, conjunct your IC.
Ceres/Jupiter is in an extremely tight t-square between North Node/ Neptune/ Mars in Sag in your 1st ( in a loose conjunction with your Ascendant) and the Moon conjunct your South Node in Gemini in the 7th.
Jupiter rules your Ascendant, and again, is partile conjunct Ceres in Pisces.

From my understanding from other forum members, the Ascendant has much to do with your health and vitality. So the ruler of the Ascendant is conjunct Ceres in Pisces at the apex of the t-square. This seems to say that your health and vitality would be compromised by the Ceres/Jupiter issues.

Pisces, in its lower vibration is the opposite of its polarity in its higher vibration. It's polarity is Virgo. Virgo in its higher vibration has to do with things that are pure and healthy. Pisces in its lower vibration has to do with things that are contaminated, toxic, chemical-filled, etc. Jupiter in its lower vibration can rule "excess" - so in Pisces - an "excess" of toxins, contamination, chemical-filled substances. I would basically say you have a lot of chemical-sensitivity in all forms - not just food. The outlet point of the t-square is the opposite of 12' Pisces - so 12' Virgo in the 9th.

The close conjunction with the IC can show that this was a pattern formed in childhood. How were your parents attitudes towards healthy eating and purity of environment/Earth? 4th house is naturally associated with Cancer, so the root can be emotional eating of some sort, too.

Further evidence that this is a major life lesson for you is that you have Saturn Rx in Cancer in the 8th house - partile conjunct your Vertex- point of fate. The anti-vertex is 16'44" Capricorn in the 2nd, conjunct your Venus at 17' Cap, ruler of your 6th house of health.

So, the places to look for what will bring balance and raise the vibration for healing are 12' Virgo/9th - and 16' Cap/2nd/conjunct Venus.

kbell

I had an eating disorder growing up because I felt I needed to control something. My homelife/childhood had some issues. Food has always been a big issue with me. When I had my son I suddenly gained a lot of weight and could not get rid of it and that's when I started getting really sick from food. I was so sick all the time and it took me 6 years to get diagnosed. They thought I had everything from celiac disease to IBS, but it was just food allergies. I also have 3 season environmental allergies. I'm allergic to several medicines, soaps, dyes, etc. I'm sensitive to everything. As a child I couldn't wear colored socks :lol: I remember going to the hospital cause my mom thought I had measles and it was just that I was allergic to the fabric softener. My youngest son has the same skin sensitivities and my oldest has the environmental. Food allergies run in my family. My mother has similar allergies, but also nut allergy and my niece has a deadly nut allergy. Once I changed my diet, I lost a lot of the weight I had put on while sick. I'm now 130 at 5 7

rahu

Banned
i've heard of ceres being related to eating disorders before .you you situation the neptune square to jupiter is laso a factor.this aspect to jupiter often shows that one is a "opposite reaction" type of person.meaning that you react opposite to most drugs. uppers make you down and downers make you up.
this aspect also shows that you need to get more than on emedical opinion because you will usually be misdiagnosed the first time.some times doctors will make you ill as often when they can't figure you out they will prescribe something that is inappropriate to your chemistry.

rahu

kbell

Ya it took them about eight years to finally diagnose my food allergies. It was the last thing they checked. They thought it was ibs, celiac disease, etc. One dr just kind of gave up. This is very typical. During my pregnancies I had issues as well and got misdiagnosed.

It's interesting you mention the drugs because I very rarely take anything because I seem to react in a big way. When I was having my oldest son I was given a drug that reacted in a bad way to me. I also had a problem with other prescriptions. I had my wisdom teeth out with laughing gas and I reacted to that too. Ha I'm a mess.

Rahu you are always so right

Last edited:

R4VEN

kbell, I am interested in this subject. I have to agree with what freedomlover wrote, especially the power of that complex t-square, which would have been `operating' for you from day 1.

I just have something to add in relation to the t-square itself, because I feel that it is within the intricacies of that t-square that the story lies for you. The original struggle (for want of a better word) is to be found in the opposition between your Neptune and Moon. That is a hugely sensitive aspect, and food sensitivities are just an extension of general physical & emotional sensitivity. That is, you sense things in your environment, and because you may not always have made sense of what you perceived (or you may not have allowed yourself to believe what it is you sense) then your emotions in relation to what you perceive tend to be buried, or pushed into your body. This tends to be the first step in how sensitivity to environmental factors gets going in a body.

I would suggest that the way out, or the way of helping yourself to heal this is through understanding the Ceres-Jupiter conjunction in Pisces in the 3rd house. Given this conjunction is in Pisces, and close to the IC, and the IC is also ruled by Neptune, I feel you must look to the early home life for emotional triggers.

Also, you have Mars-Neptune conjunct (I also have that - not an enviable placement at all, so you need to understand how that manifests for you) and with Mars-Moon in opposition, conflict with the mother is indicated, and even if this conflict is suppressed, or even unconscious, it is still there. The less it has been acted out openly, then the more damage it will do by holding it hidden within your very sensitive body. A sensitivity to any food at all is an unconscious block to nurturing oneself.

I would suspect that seeing that these levels of sensitivity are found in your family line that there are emotional patterns which are being repeated in each generation - and emotional patterns tend to be repeated within a family until someone consciously works on addressing them. Deep-seated fear of life is one such (quite common) emotional pattern.

I have found the following link interesting, so you may also:

http://astrotribe.tribe.net/thread/9f6ef309-ef7c-4c57-b30b-cc805d327951

Poupoupidou

It was brought to my attention by a member of the forum that I may want to look at my Ceres in the case of multiple food issues. I've been diagnosed with multiple food allergies that I've suffered for years with. The only thing I could do was severely modify my diet to not include these foods. I was wondering if that would show up in my chart somehow. My severe allergies are: wheat, dairy, and eggs. I have a long list of other allergies on top of this.

I notice that jupiter is tightly conjunct my ceres so that leads me to believe that adds the multiple part. Ceres rules food also.

I am not really sure you can find an astrological reason for food allergies. It's true Ceres deals with food, but IMHO, it's more like bulimia or anorexia. It's more about the way and the quantity you consume. Ceres deals with resources and food is one of them.

Last edited:

Poupoupidou

It was brought to my attention by a member of the forum that I may want to look at my Ceres in the case of multiple food issues. I've been diagnosed with multiple food allergies that I've suffered for years with. (...) I was wondering if that would show up in my chart somehow.

The relationship of Ceres with food is usually more a question of boulimia or anorexia, rather than allergies, which are more about rejection of something that is destroying you. I would be looking at squares, semi-squares, opposition for imbalances, or even inconjunct for uncounscious reactions.