NYC new Mayor inauguration

ElenaJ

On November 2, 2021 Eric Adams was elected as the 110thd mayor of the city of New York.
He was swore into office at 5 minutes past midnight on New Year's Eve, that is, the beginning of Jan 1st 2022.
Lots of hopes are pinned on his new administration, he is a former police officer, with the rank of captain, State senator and Brooklyn borough president, who has promised war on crime in the city, among other things.
The New York Times has written "Eric Adams begins his term selling us on style — the alpha public servant, efficient and full of brash confidence."
The chart for the inauguration has a Libra ascendent, sign of "style", the negotiator who tries to please all sides.
Ascendent ruler Venus is retrograde, in the 4th house, in Capricorn, the sign of hard work and tradition, The "public servant".
Although the ascendent ruler is in the sign of the moon's detriment, it is in the triplicity of the all important moon, who represents the general public, as well as the development of events.
Midheaven at 12 cancer is ruled by moon in the 3rd in sagittarius, approaching a square to Neptune in the 6th in pisces.
Sun, general significator of power, is conjunct the IC in Capricorn exactly trine Uranus in the 8th and exactly square the ascendent/descendent axis.
Unpredictable Uranus is inconjunct the ascendent.
The 7th, house of the electorate and public, is ruled by mars in the 3rd house in sagittarius, approaching the square with Neptune.
Conjunct the 7th cusp is Chiron, wounded healer.
Moon in the chart leaves its conjunction with mars and goes towards the Neptune square.
Today's news revealed that the administration is being sued for having allowed the non-citizen voting bill to become law. Not a popular move for both political parties, and probably un-constitutional.
Checking Vivien E. Robson's book on Electional Astrology, the inauguration chart does not follow even one of the guidelines laid out by her for a successful "Coronation and Installation" or "Beginning Rule of Government".
A lot of people will be disappointed by this administration, I fear, as the moon/mars to neptune square works out its energy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 17.03.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 17.03.17.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 42

Blaze

Account Closed
I live in NYC. Interesting to see the chart behind this new admin.

Ascendant ruled by Venus and She's ruled by out of sect domicile Saturn, the exalt of ascendant. Ah, terrible times to ahead. Nothing I didn't expect though.

ElenaJ

Let's see how it plays out. New York is such an important city, it's a shame to see it in degrade.
Venus is currently retrograde, ruler of ascendent, and when it turns direct, it will conjunct mars.

blackbery

Thank you for the chart; I like the Moon/Mars 'righteous anger' the new Mayor Adams has in watching his beloved city devolve into h e l l.

I also like the Sun conjunct IC Trine Uranus; he is going to use resources, incld the police & money in innovative ways to get things done.

Pluto 4th always a time of great transformation & with Venus conjunction, he plans on doing all he can to improve the city & make it beautiful again.

Wish him lots of luck, he's going to need it with the radical, lunatic left dominating city council. IF he can get rational, common sense people in power, NY can o nce again be a place where tourists want to visit & people want to live.

ElenaJ

Thank you for the chart; I like the Moon/Mars 'righteous anger' the new Mayor Adams has in watching his beloved city devolve into h e l l.

I also like the Sun conjunct IC Trine Uranus; he is going to use resources, incld the police & money in innovative ways to get things done.

Pluto 4th always a time of great transformation & with Venus conjunction, he plans on doing all he can to improve the city & make it beautiful again.

Wish him lots of luck, he's going to need it with the radical, lunatic left dominating city council. IF he can get rational, common sense people in power, NY can o nce again be a place where tourists want to visit & people want to live.

You made me curious, so I looked up the chart for NYC.
Very surprising links to the new mayor inaugural.
Starting from the exact same Ascendent, and sun on IC!
Note also the Venus/mars conjunction.
In the current chart Venus next makes a conjunction with mars!

Here is a brief explanation from the astro.com page:

"American city, the consolidation of which was dedicated at a flag raising to the top of the pole over City Hall at 00:00 midnight starting the day of 1 January 1898. On the same day at 12:00 Noon, Robert A. Van Wyck was inaugurated as the Mayor. The government of the new city was turned over to him by the outgoing Mayors of the three cities which had become boroughs of the metropolis. No elaborate ceremony marked Mayor Van Wyck's entrance into office at the City Hall: it was a business affair pure and simple.
The consolidation of the city of New York amalgamated the county of New York, the city of Brooklyn, the county of Kings, the county of Richmond, and part of the county of Queens. Incorporation as the "City of New York" had been approved on 4 May 1897, and was effective on 1 January 1898."

Fascinating. The new mayor may be very much in tune with the city!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 21.38.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 21.38.40.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 24

Blaze

Account Closed
Even though I can't see any good, that doesn't mean I'm right. I hope you two ARE correct. If the city can get better then great, I'm all for it.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

katydid

I wonder how this will play out:

Jupiter @ 0 Pisces in the 5th is unaspected. I am not sure how that will work, but it is very interesting.

Jupiter is very important in terms of inauguration event charts and in politics as it represents Mayors and political figures and power brokers.

Jupiter is strong in Pisces so that might be helpful. Some say being unaspected makes a planet stronger, maybe even the strongest influence.

So I could see a possibility that the people might all come together under his direction and wisdom and can thrive again. In the 5th, maybe they begin feeling pride and love for their city again as they come together to make improvements.

Last edited:

blackbery

Only been 2 weeks in & he's being attacked! Firstly, because he hired his own brother in a top position. Here's what he said about it:

“Let me be clear on this: My brother is qualified for the position,” Adams told CNN’s “State of the Union,” explaining that Bernard Adams would be “in charge of my security.”

Security “is extremely important to me in a time when we see an increase in white supremacy and hate crimes,” Adams said. “I have to take my security in a very serious way.”

Who better to trust with your own life than your brother who has decades of experience in law enforcement? I think that's okay.

But his approach to stopping the violence in the city is getting the lunatic left all in a uproar. Duh!
That's why the people voted him in...mainly to keep the city safe....& he's going to do just that.
I looked at his chart. :sun::pluto::mercury::northnode::virgo::sun::pluto::mercury::northnode::virgo: conjunction & Adams is a very strong individual who will get things done. He's not easily deterred & he's extremely practical with :moon::saturn::capricorn: Pragmatic but effective. It ain't going to be easy turning the city around but if anyone can do it, it's Adams.

He's bringing back the anti-gang police task-force. A big step in the right direction.:happy:

Adams survived a tough Democratic primary last year largely because many undecided voters felt the retired police captain — with 22 years in law enforcement — was best equipped to address an increase in shootings, homicides and other violent crimes. He promised to weed out rogue, abusive cops, but he also vowed to give the city’s force the tools it needs to reduce crime.

Progressive Democrats, including some City Council members, have repeatedly criticized him for his policing platforms, especially plans to reinstate a plainclothes anti-crime unit that was controversial for its aggressive tactics and was disbanded

wapo.org

Attachments

• astro_2at_eric_adams.44473.151554.jpg
    astro_2at_eric_adams.44473.151554.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 37

blackbery

I put NOON on Eric Adams chart so please pay no attention to the houses.

If anyone has his time of birth, please post the chart.

Thank you

ElenaJ

Well done, Blackberry.
I've done a synastry between him and the inaugural day. Because we only know the exact time of the inauguration, I've placed that on the inner circle.
We would expect to see important links between these charts, it is an important event in his life so there should be important aspects that triggered it.
In fact, his very powerful sun/mercury/pluto conjunction, in trine with his moon/saturn conjunction, shows a determined, disciplined, decisive personality. In virgo, a stickler for details and hard work, reinforced by the Capricorn qualities. A workaholic!
The trine is completed by a trine to transiting Uranus in taurus.
All earth signs, down to earth.
I did read somewhere that they asked where he would be residing, whether in Gracey Mansion or elsewhere and he reportedly replied, all he needs is a mattress on the floor! Can't get more down to earth than that, can you!
His Jupiter received the inaugural moon by conjunction, and transiting Venus/mercury/pluto in conjunction exactly trines his natal Venus, so he will be loving it!
He does have a Venus/jupiter square, that could tend towards laziness or indulgence, but the mars opposition to his natal mars will keep him active and on the move.
Don't give up hope yet, Blaze!
This synastry is very encouraging.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 13.57.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 13.57.50.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 27