Thomas H Burgoyne

Monk

Premium Member
This means that two thirds of 46 Presidents have an alignment to either Alnilam or Sirius to either birth or death, which seems high as usually astrology isn't so easy, if it was, it would take 6 months to learn!

Monk

Premium Member
A) Does it show astrology actually works?
To take a course in astrology takes a very long time, astrologers are not stupid, there is a lot to know, however it has never been verified that it works by science, i did go to The Faculty of Astrological Studies and the full course takes 4 years:-
www.astrology.org.uk...
But obviously if the markers that i have found regarding Presidents were normal and lots of areas of astrology followed suit, then it wouldn't take so long to study astrology, blending charts take a long time so i'm suspicious, however some will say it must work on some level, i have no answer to that approach.
B) Perhaps we are controlled by Gods, Entities or Aliens, and the births and deaths of powerful presidents show this?
I'm not keen on this but a few links below:-
tvtropes.org...
www.amazon.co.uk...
C) There may be something wrong with my research?
Parans always use day starts and have done so for thousands of years, however i have also done this with "The Projected on
to the Ecliptic Measure that charts stars in relation to the path of the Sun through the Zodiac which isn't locational.
I see no reason not to do this, marking a day isn't rare, however i haven't heard of it being done with projected measure.
D) Could Presidents have been groomed for high office when it was seen that they had Sirius or Alnilam on birth charts? But this doesn't explain those presidents that were aligned in death.
Take your pick, and let me know what you think?

dr. farr

The book entitled “Astrology of the Initiates”, available from Amazon, contains many quotes taken from Burgoyne’s “Light of Egypt”, as applied by early 20th century hermetic authorities (Papus et al).
Burgoyne’s book was a major influence on the late 19th century occult fraternity known as the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
The book entitled “Astrology of the Initiates”, available from Amazon, contains many quotes taken from Burgoyne’s “Light of Egypt”, as applied by early 20th century hermetic authorities (Papus et al).
Burgoyne’s book was a major influence on the late 19th century occult fraternity known as the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor.
I like Burgoyne’s writing style, it reads well.

I have something by Lehmann, not sure what. I will check.

Have you read either, and did you enjoy them?🙂

dr. farr

Yes, I have these books and found good value in them; Burgoyne’s 2 volumes might not be historically as accurate as Egyptologist’s might like, but they do convey essentially hermetic concepts pretty accurately (in my opinion)

Opal

Premium Member
How did you feel about his age of Aquarius date theory?

He died pretty young.

Do you think we are in Sidereal Aquarius?

dr. farr

after decades spent pondering the various theories of the astrological ages, I remain undecided about the matter; David starlings tropical ages hypothesis here on AW makes a lot of sense-still I myself remain undecided. Of the various theories and dates, I lean toward the possibility that we might already be in the Aquarian age, perhaps having entered it either c.1879 or in 2001-but I as yet remain quite uncertain. I also lean somewhat to the notion of periods of mixed ages (eg, that we might be in a Pisces/Aquarius mixed age at the present time) due to the fact that most of the sidereal zodiacal constellation boundaries overlap each other, often to a rather significant extent.

Opal

Premium Member
With industrialization, electricity(Uranus) and the pollution of the world, caused by man(Aquarius) I feel he may be right.

Have you read of the destruction of the four horsemen, and how each has a cataclysmic action in its age?

Aquarius being destruction by man.

dr. farr

Yes, and a number of the hypotheses, like David’s, have a lot to support them; perhaps my Virgo ascendant keeps me undecided.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Yes, and a number of the hypotheses, like David’s, have a lot to support them; perhaps my Virgo ascendant keeps me from being as yet undecided!
Yes, I try to stick to the Sidereal, because it’s of ancient history, David is more modernized than I.

His interests take home to the new future, my interests more harken from the past.

dr. farr

Practical Taurus for sun, with theoretical Virgo rising and Uranus in mystic cancer as the most elevated planet in my chart in the 11th.

dr. farr

I have Pluto in Leo in the 12th, Neptune & “ketu” in libra in 2nd, moon in Pisces in 7th, and the double hit mars & Saturn in Virgo in the ascendant (for what the current Saturn transit of Aquarius did to me, see my post in the thread “Saturn transit Aquarius”…)

david starling

after decades spent pondering the various theories of the astrological ages, I remain undecided about the matter; David starlings tropical ages hypothesis here on AW makes a lot of sense-still I myself remain undecided. Of the various theories and dates, I lean toward the possibility that we might already be in the Aquarian age, perhaps having entered it either c.1879 or in 2001-but I as yet remain quite uncertain. I also lean somewhat to the notion of periods of mixed ages (eg, that we might be in a Pisces/Aquarius mixed age at the present time) due to the fact that most of the sidereal zodiacal constellation boundaries overlap each other, often to a rather significant extent.
Why 1879? What's special about it?