Astrology as God's random personality randomizer

Harmelia

In a nutshell ...

If you read esoteric philosophy (theosophy) or Hindu philosophy (I've been a student of both), then we are all "God" in the form of conscious energy. All of life is "God" energy. The nature of God energy is pure consciousness - peaceful, aware and timeless. Therefore, there is order. We are parts of God who are separated from this knowledge in physical reality, evolving to become more aware of who we are - God consciousness. It's like God is the ocean and we are drops of that ocean. When we realize that we are God consciousness, we are enlightened. Then we can choose not to come back into physical form. Until enlightenment, the individual soul reincarnates until it becomes aware of its true nature while in the body. When the Soul is not in a body, it cannot grow in consciousness, so it reincarnates into a physical body where there are challenges that force us to grow and become. Everything is connected to everything else. That's the foundation for astrology. That's how we can see ourselves in our Sun signs and Moon signs and Ascendants. The planets are of the same consciousness we are. Esoteric philosophy - metaphysics - has it all worked out down to minute details of the atom and how it works in consciousness. There's book entitled "The Consciousness of the Atom". It's heady stuff. It's not for everyone, but I love it! Much of theosophy is actually Hindu Philosophy. Here's a link to Lucis Trust (Alice Bailey books) if anyone is interested. https://www.lucistrust.org/books/alice_bailey_books

petosiris

Banned
In a nutshell ...

If you read esoteric philosophy (theosophy) or Hindu philosophy (I've been a student of both), then we are all "God" in the form of conscious energy. All of life is "God" energy. The nature of God energy is pure consciousness - peaceful, aware and timeless. Therefore, there is order. We are parts of God who are separated from this knowledge in physical reality, evolving to become more aware of who we are - God consciousness. It's like God is the ocean and we are drops of that ocean. When we realize that we are God consciousness, we are enlightened. Then we can choose not to come back into physical form. Until enlightenment, the individual soul reincarnates until it becomes aware of its true nature while in the body. When the Soul is not in a body, it cannot grow in consciousness, so it reincarnates into a physical body where there are challenges that force us to grow and become. Everything is connected to everything else. That's the foundation for astrology. That's how we can see ourselves in our Sun signs and Moon signs and Ascendants. The planets are of the same consciousness we are. Esoteric philosophy - metaphysics - has it all worked out down to minute details of the atom and how it works in consciousness. There's book entitled "The Consciousness of the Atom". It's heady stuff. It's not for everyone, but I love it! Much of theosophy is actually Hindu Philosophy. Here's a link to Lucis Trust (Alice Bailey books) if anyone is interested. https://www.lucistrust.org/books/alice_bailey_books

Trust Lucifer? :unsure:

petosiris

Banned
Lucifer was an ancient name for Venus as the morning star. Seen as arrogant because it preceded the sun.

Do you really believe that they named the trust after the planet?

Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer. - https://www.lucistrust.org/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_lucifer

Who is this guy? Can I really trust him? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:

Kite

Re: maybe God DOES play dice with the universe, to Kite

Kite,

When Einstein said that famous quote, he was trying to refute quantum physics, which to Einstein was an impossibly random way of looking at the world. Well, it turns out that quantum physics WAS a thing, and Einstein was wrong about that. Quantum physics has opened up a whole new way of looking at the universe, and shown us a world of massive interconnection. Some even use it as a way to understand astrology. But what is the SOURCE of that interconnection and WHY?

Perhaps it is not GOD that is changing, but our perception of God that is changing. As you say, the view of God changes according to the ages: Aryan followed by Piscean followed by Aquarian view. And, it's interesting that part of the Aryan God of Moses is REFUTiNG the old Taurean God in the story about Golden Calf idolatry.

Continuing this thought, the thing that concerns me about the Aquarian age is that the lesson of the sign is in the sign that follows: so Aries needs to be more grounded like Taurus, Pisces needs to take their scattered nature and bring it into a focus on simply being like Aries. Keeping this idea in mind, the nature of the grouping of Aquarius is about the chaos of Pisces: the goal of Aquarius IS chaos and dissolving all barriers (Pisces). Certainly we've begun to see that at all levels of society now.

But is all this change random or part of a divine purpose. And if it IS part of a divine purpose, can we then be said to have free will, if our efforts are to serve a larger, divine goal?

Still wondering,

Tim

Fate or Free Will - the big existential question. I believe that astrology deals with the realm of probabilities. Fate sets up these probabilities that are not set in stone (another reference to the Moses story where the original tablets etched by God are broken when the Israelites regressed and then rewritten by Moses - God's determinism or Moses interpretation?).

Carl Jung addressed the ever-evolving God in his book Answer to Job. He posits that God was in a more primitive state when he tested Job's faith. He then seeks to incarnate himself into humanity so that he can continue to evolve. It is a provocative take on our spiritual nature.

I wrote a book a decade ago that touched on many of these themes. One night, in a dream, I was handed a book. It was called the Aquarian Gospel. I searched the Web for it and found it. It was a gospel channeled in the early 20th century. It speaks to the transition of the ages from Pisces to Aquarius and the meaning of Christ's role in his Office of the avatar of the age. It is quite interesting and I included a number of the passages that showed the shift from Aries to Pisces. Here is a link to it for those interested https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/agjc/index.htm

waybread

Do you really believe that they named the trust after the planet?

Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer. - https://www.lucistrust.org/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_lucifer

Who is this guy? Can I really trust him? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Oh, Bailey et al. I wasn't thinking of them, but of Lucifer as one name for the devil. Who doesn't exist, except metaphorically.

petosiris

Banned
Oh, Bailey et al. I wasn't thinking of them, but of Lucifer as one name for the devil. Who doesn't exist, except metaphorically.

Hmm, he seems pretty literal to them. Either way sounds suspicious if you ask me, Jesus Christ is the real morning star, not the one that fell before Genesis 3.

Harmelia

Hmm, he seems pretty literal to them. Either way sounds suspicious if you ask me, Jesus Christ is the real morning star, not the one that fell before Genesis 3.

Theosophy honors Jesus Christ alongside Buddha and many other enlightened Beings. They have all played important roles in our collective. I believe that.

petosiris

Banned
Theosophy honors Jesus Christ alongside Buddha and many other enlightened Beings. They have all played important roles in our collective. I believe that.

Jesus never claimed to be God or to be part of God, he claimed to be the Son of God - his unique anointed, his representative/apostle, but who is not alongside any other, though he serves everyone (Matthew 23:11). He didn't mention reincarnation, he preached the resurrection of the dead as did the prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel. He couldn't have been a Buddhist since that religion contains idolatry according to the Law of Moses, which he didn't transgress (Is. 53:9).

I've studied Blavatsky, but thanks to the Word and Spirit of God, I know that she didn't stand on the side of the morning star, but on the side of the disgraced one who can only masquerade as such. This the Lucifer they honour and trust, you won't find the Word and Spirit of God in their works. Read a translation of the Bible, pray to God for guidance, study and compare with commentaries, whether exoteric or esoteric - ''there is no religion higher than truth''.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Venus is the morning star and the evening star. Depending on where it is, seen, from here. Agreeing with Waybread, again.

Harmelia

Jesus never claimed to be God or to be part of God, he claimed to be the Son of God - his unique anointed, his representative/apostle, but who is not alongside any other, though he serves everyone (Matthew 23:11). He didn't mention reincarnation, he preached the resurrection of the dead as did the prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel. He couldn't have been a Buddhist since that religion contains idolatry according to the Law of Moses, which he didn't transgress (Is. 53:9).

I've studied Blavatsky, but thanks to the Word and Spirit of God, I know that she didn't stand on the side of the morning star, but on the side of the disgraced one who can only masquerade as such. This the Lucifer they honour and trust, you won't find the Word and Spirit of God in their works. Read a translation of the Bible, pray to God for guidance, study and compare with commentaries, whether exoteric or esoteric - ''there is no religion higher than truth''.

This sounds quite judgmental to me. I don't believe in sides. We all have perspectives. Whatever philosophy or religion or person we resonate with, is usually what we perceive as truth. We do the best we can. Truth can be seen from many angles but we have narrow vision here on earth. At best, I'm certain that we only see part of it.

petosiris

Banned
This sounds quite judgmental to me. I don't believe in sides. We all have perspectives. Whatever philosophy or religion or person we resonate with, is usually what we perceive as truth. We do the best we can. Truth can be seen from many angles but we have narrow vision here on earth. At best, I'm certain that we only see part of it.

In the end we all have to pick sides. Yes, the Bible calls this god an adversary, accuser, tempter and deceiver, which is very judgemental of him. But your side doesn't seem very neutral, it says he ''brought the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer.'' Seems flattering if you ask me.