I need help.

zipadee

Career-related concerns

Hi guys,

I am basically going through an existential crisis, I've never felt more lost and confused so if anyone could help me, I would be immensely grateful. I won't give emotional detail, just the facts and the questions.

Also I'm not sure where to post this, as I mention natal aspects, transits and progressions in this post, so I apologize if it is misplaced.

Short summary: In the last 6 months, I started a business as an astrologer, but I am now being pushed to try to get an occupation more closely related to my degree in Economics. My mom initially pushed me towards starting the astrological business and she has always resiliently believed I should not work for someone else. A couple of days ago (after the recent eclipse which fell in my 10th house), she changed her mind and now thinks that the astrology thing may not be the best thing for me in the long-run, she thinks she's holding me back from getting a life and that maybe I should just go try to get a financial job.

Regardless of what to do about the job thing, I have really mixed feelings of trying to do anything at home now, I kind of want to leave home (but I have no income/job to facilitate that) and my confidence has reached a definite low after the events this week.

Now for the astrology: I had been anticipating the upcoming conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn at 0 degrees of Aquarius for a couple of reasons:

-Firstly, I think this could mark the official downfall of the financial system (but that this could depend on how this ongoing election crisis goes) and that many financial jobs/fields could essentially be deleted, bringing the onslaught of crypto into the world. I made a whole video on why I think this could happen so if anybody's interested in my weird theory, let me know lol, but I am also expecting a deepened recession next year because this Jupiter-Saturn conjunction will lead directly into the upcoming Saturn-Uranus square.

-Secondly, I was anticipating this because when trans. Jupiter and trans. Saturn move into Aquarius, they'll also be moving into my 6th house and will conjunct my 6th house ruler, Uranus, and Jupiter as well. I've heard these transiting aspects can indicate a time when you see your efforts over the past few months/years bear fruit (with regards to career/occupation). I'd also been keeping an eye on this year because this was when the trans. North Node would be transiting over my 10th house.

I had wanted to time my efforts before these beneficial career transits because the outcome of these transits of course really depends on my own efforts. I am now really worried about the underwhelming degree of success I may have at this time due to the fact that recently all I have done was astrology, nothing to do with economics. I had been hoping for something good to happen during those transits, not just me getting the first random job I could find remotely related to my degree.

I had been anticipating that perhaps my astrological business would really start taking off when I reached those transits in February and through the rest of 2021. But now due to these developments at home, I feel really useless as a person and insecure about my astrology endeavors and I kind of just want to leave home however possible, so that I can at least feel better about whatever I'm doing somewhere else.

Only after Jupiter went direct in my progressed chart this year (which coincided with when I started the business), did I notice that my 6th house cusp falls in Aquarius, is ruled by Uranus, which has rulership over astrology, and I wondered if that might indicate that I could end up having a career as an astrologer/turning my recreational activity into a full-time job (would really appreciate any input on that, not sure if that's just wishful thinking lol).

When I tried getting various jobs before (mostly waitressing), these occupations were routinely interrupted after very short periods of time (like literal weeks/months) by various random erratic events (Uranus ruling my 6th, I guess). So I kind of am not sure how things would work out for me if I went for a conventional job or tried to climb the ladder of a high-level occupation (ie: investment banking).

I considered investment banking/getting into trading in the past, but I'm conflicted as to how well my chart is suited to that. I do have a dual interposition between my 5th house ruler (speculation) and 8th house ruler (Neptune) but they form a loose square to one another. I have been curious in the past whether this could indicate an area of strength for me, but because of the square, I worry that I might actually be susceptible to loosing a lot of money in trading/dealing with other people's money. I'd really appreciate any input or thoughts that anyone can offer on that.

With Uranus ruling the 6th, I am wondering if perhaps it might be better for me to try to gear myself towards a job related to cryptocurrencies. Due to the astrological business, I met some guys that trade cryptocurrencies so I kind of have an interest in that now. I also very recently began trying to learn website design, python and some coding so that I can create an idea for a website that I'd thought of. I really consider myself more of an entrepreneur, but I realize that right now I guess I need to focus on finding a job to support myself. I was making money with the astrology business, but I guess not quickly enough for my current setup (living at home).

My main worry is that if I go for something like investment banking, that's an undertaking which requires me to put in time/effort equipping myself with the skills and experience necessary to even have a chance of entering that competitive field. My best chance would be working for free for a few months in order to get some experience and then trying to land an internship after that.

I'm anticipating those transits and I'm fearful that I could put all that effort into landing an occupation in a financial field, then having it ripped out from under me right as I'm about to start, if the economy collapses in the next two years.

So really if someone could just help me figure out what's happening :lol: and if I've actually been wasting all the time leading up to those transits in the 6th, that'd be really cool, I just feel really worthless right now :joyful: for a multitude of reasons, so if anybody could even give me just some life advice, I'd be beyond appreciative.

Last edited:

Carmaela26

Hello,
I am very new here, and although I have been a life-long lover of astrology, I am still very new to interpreting charts for others.
Also, I have a few comments to share, that are outside of astrolgy, so maybe I should start with those first.

You mentioned about your mom suggesting jobs for you:
"Short summary: In the last 6 months, I started a business as an astrologer, but I am now being pushed to try to get an occupation more closely related to my degree in Economics. My mom initially pushed me towards starting the astrological business and she has always resiliently believed I should not work for someone else. A couple of days ago (after the recent eclipse which fell in my 10th house), she changed her mind and now thinks that the astrology thing may not be the best thing for me in the long-run, she thinks she's holding me back from getting a life and that maybe I should just go try to get a financial job".

So first off, it really doesn't matter what your mother says. HONESTLY! And I don't mean that as a snub at her. I have four kids myself and I know what it is like to want your kids to have/do the best they can.
But it's really up to YOU. What do YOU really want?

You are very young....only 23. Yet you are old enough that leaving home and getting your own space would likely do you a lot of good.

Did you go to college? You keep mentioning jobs in the financial sector. Did you get education in this?

If I were you, pick the most practical thing for the short term. Work on what you truly like on the side.

Do you have any kids? If not, at 23, you are free to do whatever the heck makes you feel good and productive. By 23, I have four kids (including a set of twins). My life was WAAAAY different. Now I am 37, have one graduating high school, am divorced and have a lot on my plate.

You really don't know freedom until you don't have it, TRUST ME lol.

But you, YOU have so much time and freedom, so ONE, stop putting so much pressure on yourself. TWO, do some soul-searching a figure out what makes you happy. Lastly, whatever you do for a job, likely won't be your passion. And whatever job you start out with now, liekly won't be what you are doing 5, 10 or 30 years from now so give yourself a break. Times are CHANGING and with the lord of time moving into Aquarius, it's about to speed up.

I didn't watch your video but I do see big market changes coming up and a rise in crypto, possibly. With the Uranus square, there will be a lot of rebellion having to do with money in general.

I see people under a lot of suprression in the coming months, socially, economically, etc. And then I see the people rising up and being sick of all the regulations and restrictions. They are going to make their own systems and I think that's awesome.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about how or when you will fit in to all of that. You have to focus on the NOW. Right now, you need to just make some money and start saving up steadily so that when you DO figure out what you would like to do, you will have some funds to invest in a side hustle or something. As long as you don't bring home anything to feed (kids, lots of pets, etc), and keep your obligations low, you will have the flexibility to make moves when you need to.

Another point I want to make is that you are looking in your chart for something that would indicate that you would be good at astrology.
But here's the thing, anyone can be good at it....it's simply a matter of being good at analyzing. Some people do use intuition, I will go with that, but honestly, I feel that astrology is a sound science (yes a science, which is nothing more than a system to understand the patterns around you). I think in itself, it can predict or show a lot. I have my theories as to why but that's another discussion.

So anyone can do it. And if it's something YOU personally enjoy very much, then you should be able to do somethign with it. That being said, it's a very scalable hustle. You can start out by writing a blog or doing videos, etc. You can offer chart readings on Etsy, whatever. Just gain the experience. But these are all things you can do on the side to gain experience and confidence while doing a regular job to earn a STEADY pay.

That right there eliminates a whole lot of stress on you to try to make some grand sweeping changes. Maybe you are stopping the natural flow of things because you think it has to happen a certain way. This way of thinking will not work in the coming times. It's going to be all about adaptability and flexibility!

I think markets will change, job markets will shift constantly, opportunities will come and go in a flash. So don't get caught up in thinking things have to go a certain way.

My post is getting long so I will give you some advice on your chart. You have a first house sun in Virgo. Your presence is likely shiny and bright or very noticeable! You may stand out in some way. Also the virgo sun makes you very good at being analytical...and Virgo's ruler, mercury is right there too and it's right at your asc! You are likely very communicative.
You are very intelligent and a good thinker. These are very helpful skills to have in astrology.

Your north node is here also. That tells me your south node is in the 7th house, which means in past lives, you relied too much on others. This life is all about you becoming more independent (not doing what others suggest or tell you to do and not relying on them to tell you what to do).

Your destiny is going to be about getting in touch with your authentic self (and you can start this process by just being mindful of what activities bring you JOY).

You have Mars in the 3rd house. The third house is traditionally ruled by Gemini, which gives you a lot of mental drive and energy. Communication gives you drive. And your mars is under scorpio, it's co-ruler. This gives you the drive to dive deep into matters.

You have Saturn in the 8th so the unknown scares you. This should get easier with age. Saturn matures around the age of 36. Saturn here though gives you long life. People really hate Saturn but as a Cappy with difficult Saturn aspects I can tell you that Saturn is a key in transformation. Learn more about your saturn and how to work with it and learn the lessons it provides and you will be rewarded.

As for your 6th house, Jupiter here may mean you would love a daily routine that involves some sort of philosophising. Uranus here shows that a daily grind would really bore you to death and Jupiter wants you to expand your horizons daily.

If you ARE interested in finance, perhaps you can get a job related to that for now until you get good at the astrology. Then you can marry the two.
What are some of the biggest subjects people ask astrologers about? Love and Money!

Just as there are medical astrologers, there are other types of specialized astrologers. Maybe one day you can be the Suze Orman of Astrology. You could do a blog or youtube channel about money and how it is affected by transits, personal planets, whatever. Think...how long you could discuss just what someone's Pluto or Sun or whatever acts or thinks with money...having this placement in that house means (insert blank here) about money!

I do think, that in the coming times, having a broad range of skills, or specialized skills that can be married together will give a person more flexibility. I see you being happiest in a job where you are doing something or learning something different every day. Astrology could give you that. You would meet so many people and hear so many stories all the time. Your busy brain would love that.

Sorry this post was so, so long but just remember: You are YOUNG, you have TIME, you are FREE to do WHATVER YOU WANT.

I don't believe we are limited by our charts at all. They just show us where the energies were the moment we were born and they are a roadmap to utilizing those energies for our soul's growth and greater purpose. The rest is up to you. You have FREE WILL so exercise it!

Hope this helps!

Carmaela26

One last thing...I forgot to mention that you have Pluto near your IC in the 4th house. Pay attention to power dynamics in your home environment or with those closest to you. Don't let anyone stifle you.

zipadee

Thank you so much Carmaela26!!! Your reply means so much to me, it just gave me the perspective that I really needed. To answer your questions, I don't have kids yet and I have a degree in Economics. I want to reply to you in more detail later on (it's late where I am right now) but I just wanted to tell you how much I truly appreciate your reply because it's exactly what I needed to hear, and I really am grateful to you for taking the time to write it. You really helped level my head with what you wrote, not everything has to happen now, and with all the Virgo in my chart I have a tendency to be irritable and nervous about things I feel really insecure/off about. You've just really helped me to ground myself in reality and realize what the core issues are: financial security/following my own path regardless of whatever else.

I just really appreciate you taking the time to help me out, I really needed to hear it from you, this was all the advice I could have wished for. I really appreciated your astrological analysis, that helped put things in perspective for me. It's funny that you mentioned specializing in financial/money issues in astrology - because that was my goal with it and what I've been trying to do with my videos lol - you're right on target! Thank you so much!!!! <3 :)

Cary2

Banned
First, a word about the difference between the way you practice astrology and my way. Traditional astrologers would call you a modern astrologer, but as a modern astrologer, I would call you a Contemporary Astrologer. That means to me that you practice the form and style of astrology that dominated in the 20th century in the West. My astrology originated, as far as I can tell, with Johannes Kepler and evolved into the German schools, the cosmobiologists and the Hamburg school which are distinguished by the use of midpoints and midpoint pictures.

I will not concentrate on Houses or dispositors of Houses. I will concentrate on contacts between bodies and points that include aspects, configurations, and midpoint pictures which are very like configurations.

To find the dominant (ruling) issues in your chart, I note the planets closest to an angle, As, Dc, Mc, Ic, and planets that aspect the midpoint of As, Dc, Mc, Ic.

You are quite clearly a businessperson by that analysis. Mercury, Saturn, and Pluto are closely identified with business and commerce. Mercury is commerce and "busyness", Pluto is the planet of investing, Other People' Money, and tycoonery. Saturn squares your As/Mc midpoint which is like having Saturn on an angle. Saturn has a long traditional relationship to business. It raises our awareness that our goals of a better life require patience and work. Moon is also on an angle (Ds). Moon is associated with commodities and things that fluxuate as a normal situation.

So, a close T-square rules your chart, to which is added an "angular" Saturn (Saturn squares the As/Mc midpoint). You aim toward challenge. Saturn square the As/Mc suggests a very challenging life. But overall we see that you are well suited to business. You are inhibited, and public life may cause you many difficulties. You may seek out older persons; you may even marry an older person.

The T-square Mercury/Pluto/Moon is well suited to your economic education, but it is also very transformative. You may seem very different to friends and acquaintances when you are older. The Moon/Pluto square shows that your mother may try to dominate or coerce you. The square from Mercury to Pluto suggests that you must be careful of criminal influences. You are obsessive and critical, and you try to transform thought into action, that is one of your obsessions. With a prominent Mercury, you are alert, clever, and versatile, but you are nervous underneath.

Sun sextile Mars shows leadership, decisiveness (usually), and a formidable response to challenge.

Mercury is quincunx Uranus with Mars at the midpoint, and this represents your focus on astrology. It shows possibly a great ingeniousness and a desire to follow a unique path in life. You are eccentric. You may also be impatient and irritable.

Transiting Pluto/Jupiter recently trined your natal Sun, but now transiting Mars is conjuncting you natal Saturn and squaring you As/Mc midpoint. Fortunately this is not a long-lasting aspect, but you will feel bitter frustration and bitter hardship.

A year or two ago, Solar Arc Sun trined natal Jupiter which was an optimistic time of growth, but now Solar Arc Neptune squares natal Mars. This causes confusion and self-doubt. It may bring a feeling of failure and inferiority. Being a Solar Arc contact, it will last one to two years overall, but at least you can see that this unpleasant influence is temporary. So, it is a time when you will not feel very successful or confident as you had before.

A couple of years ago, Solar Arc Jupiter was conjunct your natal Moon. That was a time of success and prosperity that is above average, but it is now passing, so it cannot help the situation much now. Within a year, Solar Arc Saturn will oppose the natal Mars/Venus midpoint signaling a bitter crisis in your love life.

Within the year, Solar Arc Ascendant will trine natal Neptune. This will not help you in a practical way, but it will bring you some inspiration.

Solar Arc Mars is conjunct your natal Sun/Moon midpoint. This will increase your ambition and your romantic urge. You may feel the urge to start a family, but Saturn-oppose-Mars/Venus is coming soon. If you are already married, it may bring some fire and controversy to the relationship.

I have some experience trying to establish an astrological career, and I know many others who have. The only astrologers I know of who can support themselves on astrology are those who have written a best-selling book on astrology. For example: Steven Forrest who makes about $150,000/yr. His popular book has made him world famous, and he has a long waiting list.

You know more about cryptocurrency I'm sure than I do, but I remember Warren Buffet's warning. He says cryptocurrencies create nothing and produce nothing which means he would never invest there.

In the interest of diverse opinions I offer this brief video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o

Carmaela26

I'm so glad I can help. I am interested in so many types of astrology that I have never focused on just one. I love so many styles and I even have some philosophies of my own. I respect so many schools and ideas. I love patterns - in people, nature, the universe and it amazes me to see how many cultures developed their own methods for understanding the patterns around them.

Despite my love of all of this, I am not clasically trained. I still have a very basic ability in reading a chart. I love midpoints, progressions and all of that but I just did a passing glance at your chart and that is what I picked out.

The rest of my advice was coming from my "mom" brain, and just off of personal experience. I do think you have a brilliant mind and will use it well.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully one day you will find many ways to bring in money from astrology. I think it can be lucritive so long as you don't limit the possibilities...the age we are in right now is the perfect time to invent NEW ways of doing things.

Books are one way but the new generations will invent newer and newer ways to make their fortunes. You are part of that new wave.