Critical: New Tenant - Safety, Hostility concerns: Move out or Advise the landlord?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well during this quarantine.

Mine has been extremely challenging and I am therefore requesting your help.

I've been living in my current apartment complex for the last 3.5 years along with two other tenants (male and female). The male has been living in this complex for 3.5 years as well and we had another female who lived here for 3 years. A few months ago, this female tenant of 3 years moved out and a new one replaced her.

She seemed nice initially. However, things slowly started taking a turn for the worse as follows:

1. She stopped greeting me even when I greeted her. Yet, she had no issue greeting the male tenant in front of me.

2. She was provided with more than enough storage space upon her arrival (she was allocated the previous' tenants' storage) and yet she still manages to push a lot of my stuff to the side to take extra space.

3. Then the quarantine happened and hell started. She invited guests twice during quarantine without giving any of us a heads up or asking if we were comfortable with the idea. One time, I was sitting in the living room when she walked in with two males and even allowed them to use my bathroom (please note these are her guests and she has a private bathroom which the should therefore use). I walked out of the living room when she walked in with the two males to keep my distance.

Following the above scenario (3), she has been extremely hostile and even turned into a bully. She doesn't respond to "Good Morning", starts singing whenever I'm on conference calls and makes it clear I've not place in this house.

4. The worst happened last night when she walked into the apartment with these two males at midnight (once again, without advising us). I was in my room when she instructed them to use my bathroom if need be. I had locked the bathroom as I knew this would happen and they kept trying to open it to ultimately end up using hers as it remained locked.
They made noise until 7am which prevented me from sleeping. I then walked into the living room/kitchen area to have breakfast once to notice white powder all over the kitchen and coffee tables. I've never seen such a white powder spread on the tables and those were spotless before I went to bed the nigh before. I highly doubt they were baking cookies or eating donuts. There were trails of powder.

Anyway - I'm tired of putting up with this. She has only been here for roughly 5 months and is acting like she owns the place on top of possible illegal activity, health and safety breach and bullying. I have two options: move out and incur the financial ramifications (rent increase, possible deposit loss if I can't find a new tenant etc..) or reach out to the landlord to discuss a possible end of her lease?

Does the below Horary give any indication?

astro-2gw-ring-the-landlord-or-move-out-hr-73059-56367.png

Thanks.

katydid

Things will change quite a bit beginning around May 13th. Venus, which represents your female roommate will turn retrograde.

Two days later, Mars, which represents you as the querent, will change signs from Aquarius to Pisces.

I think things will calm down.

LostinPhilly

Things will change quite a bit beginning around May 13th. Venus, which represents your female roommate will turn retrograde.

Two days later, Mars, which represents you as the querent, will change signs from Aquarius to Pisces.

I think things will calm down.

Thank you, Katy!