Should I accept this job?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

So, I have already spoken about my issues with my current job and more specifically, the local management (i.e: constant belittling, undervalued despite my excellent reviews from senior management, no pay raise or promotion in 2.5 years).

Basically, my law degrees are just wasted on a job a I am overqualified for. I was assigned the biggest client handled by my onshore team and despite receiving positive notes from senior management, the only 2 who did not react are my local managers.

Anyway. I have received a job offer with a 10k salary increase from a different corporation. I'm hesitant to taking it because I still have attachments to my current job, but I feel as though it is a dead end at this stage.

Should I accept it?

Thanks.

ElenaJ

Moon void of course makes no aspects before changing signs and promises nothing. The MH ruler, mars is on the ascendent, and moon will square it after changing signs.th The 6 ruler of work is the moon. The question refers to the job proposal, so it would be a negative answer. Whether you are you remain at your current job is not covered by this chart, it would be another question.

LostinPhilly

Thanks Elena.

The questions isn't so much about whether I should stay where I am, as I have made up my mind already.

It's mainly about accepting this specific job. My roommate already works there & in the same department. I don't want to work and live with someone. It's too much.

It is a back office position (risk analysis) whereas I am currently middle-office. I like client facing positions, so going to back-office is not what I'm really looking for. That said, there is a significant salary increase & it's in line with my educational background.

I'm afraid that if I don't accept my current offer, nothing else will come through before a long time.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks Elena.

The questions isn't so much about whether I should stay where I am, as I have made up my mind already.

It's mainly about accepting this specific job. My roommate already works there & in the same department. I don't want to work and live with someone. It's too much.

It is a back office position (risk analysis) whereas I am currently middle-office. I like client facing positions, so going to back-office is not what I'm really looking for. That said, there is a significant salary increase & it's in line with my educational background.

I'm afraid that if I don't accept my current offer, nothing else will come through before a long time.
It sounds like you've got good reasons not to accept this job. Having to work with your roommate is a deal breaker. For you, it also sounds like not being in a client facing role is a deal breaker. All the horary is doing is reflecting that.

Perhaps the real horary question you should ask is, if I don't accept this job, will I get an equal or better offer anytime soon? Or something along those lines.

tikana

answer is No

jup holds no dignity of its own it is in cadent house
no aspect between moon jup
or jup/saturn

malefic mars conj sounth node in 1st
never a good sign

LostinPhilly

Thank you, Osamenor, Tiikana.

This is what I thought too. I feel no attraction or connection towards this corporation, despite it being a worldwide leader in the industry.

I’m afraid it might be even worse over there. The salary is not enough of a convincing argument.

That said, I’m not longer happy with where I am either. Being undermined when I have a solid educational background and skills is disheartening.

LostinPhilly

I ended up refusing the offer I referred to in my OP which turned out to be a great move as I ended up getting an exceptional performance bonus the following month and promoted in January 2019. The echos I got about the company which offered me the job were not great at all.

However, the issue with my then-management persisted. I ended up leaving in April 2019 to move into what could possibly be the worst job of my life! It's even more low-level then my former job. I'm still stuck in this new job that I moved into last April, still miss my former job, but it is what it is. I've been looking around, but only received rejections thus far. Perhaps it wasn't such a bright idea to move into a job I knew I wouldn't like just for the money, especially when I signed the contract during Mercury retrograde....