Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Ukpoohbear

I am feeling soo broody right now. I asked the chart the exact question as you see above but I was really wondering if I am pregnant right now, even though I don’t feel it.

The chart confirms I am not pregnant because quite simply me the Moon is in the sign of him Saturn’s fall.

However now I am wondering if I will get pregnant with his bay looking at this chart. Ruler of 5th Mercury’s next sign is his rulership. I say in 2 months. Plus, my next aspect is a trine to the Sun, Sun being the life giver.

I think the chart is saying no I am not pregnant but I will be. What do you guys think?

waybread

I doubt it (5th house ruler in detriment, moon in a "barren" sign,) but please do not go down this road emotionally until you have:

1. talked things over with the potential partner. He will be on the hook for child support for 18 years or so, whether he even likes you or not, and whether he wants to be a dad or not.

2. Seriously considered what it means to raise a child. It's not just that cute little pink or blue bundle, it's the next 18 or so years. Think about how you will feel when your little cutie pie keeps you up for nights on end with an ear infection, or when your 14-year old starts rebelling and looks headed for trouble.

3. Seriously consider your birth control method.

4. Seriously consider your finances. Children are expensive.

"Feeling broody" happens, but this isn't an adequate condition for the serious responsibilities of motherhood.

Ukpoohbear

I doubt it (5th house ruler in detriment, moon in a "barren" sign,) but please do not go down this road emotionally until you have:

1. talked things over with the potential partner. He will be on the hook for child support for 18 years or so, whether he even likes you or not, and whether he wants to be a dad or not.

2. Seriously considered what it means to raise a child. It's not just that cute little pink or blue bundle, it's the next 18 or so years. Think about how you will feel when your little cutie pie keeps you up for nights on end with an ear infection, or when your 14-year old starts rebelling and looks headed for trouble.

3. Seriously consider your birth control method.

4. Seriously consider your finances. Children are expensive.

"Feeling broody" happens, but this isn't an adequate condition for the serious responsibilities of motherhood.

Aries is not a barren sign. Lilly lists barren signs as Leo, Virgo and Gemini. Aries is neutral. Mercury is in detriment but still in a neutral sign as well, and it moves into the sign of 7th house in 2 units, so I wondered. But I think it’s a no too.

waybread

UKPB, there are apparently different systems for determining barren vs. fruitful signs. In the system I learned, the air and fire (masculine) signs are generally barren and the water and earth signs are generally fruitful, with the following exceptions:

Libra and Capricorn are moderately fruitful.

Virgo is barren. [As "the virgin," Virgo cannot by definition be fruitful.]

You have Virgo on the cusp of your 5th house of children. Mercury is in detriment in the 6th house of health and has no other essential dignity. It is leaving the state of combustion, but is still under the beams. Mars rules the 6th house but is in an anaretic degree.

Mercury (child) and moon (you) do not aspect one another.

The moon is in-sect, in a house signifying your hopes and wishes for the future.
"Broody" I get. It is in a partile sextile to Saturn, which normally is not conducive of pregnancy.

But I sincerely hope you have fully thought through what having a child as a single mom entails.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

UKPB, there are apparently different systems for determining barren vs. fruitful signs. In the system I learned, the air and fire (masculine) signs are generally barren and the water and earth signs are generally fruitful, with the following exceptions:

Libra and Capricorn are moderately fruitful.

Virgo is barren. [As "the virgin," Virgo cannot by definition be fruitful.]

You have Virgo on the cusp of your 5th house of children. Mercury is in detriment in the 6th house of health and has no other essential dignity. It is leaving the state of combustion, but is still under the beams. Mars rules the 6th house but is in an anaretic degree.

Mercury (child) and moon (you) do not aspect one another.

The moon is in-sect, in a house signifying your hopes and wishes for the future.
"Broody" I get. It is in a partile sextile to Saturn, which normally is not conducive of pregnancy.

But I sincerely hope you have fully thought through what having a child as a single mom entails.

Ah I see, it makes sense there is more than one system, apologies for arguing against your own interpretation as well.

I haven’t given pregnancy much thought, just for obvious reasons and it got me feeling broody. The guy and myself are probably going to break up soon anyway (he parties too much).

chay

Banned
I am feeling soo broody right now. I asked the chart the exact question as you see above but I was really wondering if I am pregnant right now, even though I don’t feel it.

The chart confirms I am not pregnant because quite simply me the Moon is in the sign of him Saturn’s fall.

However now I am wondering if I will get pregnant with his bay looking at this chart. Ruler of 5th Mercury’s next sign is his rulership. I say in 2 months. Plus, my next aspect is a trine to the Sun, Sun being the life giver.

I think the chart is saying no I am not pregnant but I will be. What do you guys think?

That's not how I would look for answers to that question.
I'd do a synastry chart using midpoints as well.
Also look at house overlays, my kid's dad's merc, venus, uranus & pluto are in my 5th.
He doesn't have anything in his fifth but his node and none of my placements are in his 5th....hence me doing all the child rearing I imagine.
Also some aspects I often see in synastry charts of people with children together are moon/mars aspects, uranus/venus, zeus/venus...also when you have children together there will be a lot of mercury, venus to sun and moon and each other.
Midpoints to these points will tell a story too.

Ukpoohbear

That's not how I would look for answers to that question.
I'd do a synastry chart using midpoints as well.
Also look at house overlays, my kid's dad's merc, venus, uranus & pluto are in my 5th.
He doesn't have anything in his fifth but his node and none of my placements are in his 5th....hence me doing all the child rearing I imagine.
Also some aspects I often see in synastry charts of people with children together are moon/mars aspects, uranus/venus, zeus/venus...also when you have children together there will be a lot of mercury, venus to sun and moon and each other.
Midpoints to these points will tell a story too.

What about a massive focus on the 5th house in a composite, would that work too, if nothing else had a 5th house focus?

tikana

I dont think pregnancy is possible atm.

Moon is in hot sign Aries where it rejects Saturn
then Mercury is combust L5 sitting in 6th house

Ukpoohbear

I dont think pregnancy is possible atm.

Moon is in hot sign Aries where it rejects Saturn
then Mercury is combust L5 sitting in 6th house

Thanks, what do you think of Mercury about to move into Saturn’s sign, so it no longer hates? And Moon’s next aspect is a trine to the Sun, do you think it is saying I will be pregnant to his baby in the future with some delay? Or is the chart saying a straight no.

Last edited:

tikana

A. you asked if you will have a child with this guy. you need L1 with L7 (sextile with no reception is basically NO) plus this is a short ascension sextile - leaning to no
B. Moon is in mid sign fire sign - no changes anytime soon but again you are asking about havng a child with this guy
c. L7 is not in aspect with your L5. IMO no pregnancy with him

blackbery

Strange how my posting was deleted for no reason yet Bread's comment on an astroogy forum where she lectures the OP & intrudes on her choices incl birth control.

The mods have to be more objective & fair.

waybread

blackbery, I did not report your post. I actually thought you made a valid point: that if someone asks for an astrological reading, should an astrologer pile on non-astrological personal questions or advice?

I come down on the side of what I believe is the best I can do for the person/s involved. Sometimes I think that an astrological reading suffices. At other times, where so much is at stake, I would feel negligent if I did not raise the questions or give the practical advice.

Here we have the case of a young single woman, in a casual relationship with the prospective father, and a potential new life. A baby would change all of their lives in major ways. It's one thing to long for a cuddly baby. It's another thing when the child is 14 and rebellious and Dad is out of the picture-- to cite just one example. I wouldn't feel right if I neglected to mention the bigger issues.

Your approach may be different, and that's OK.

Last edited:

tikana

Aries is not a barren sign. Lilly lists barren signs as Leo, Virgo and Gemini. Aries is neutral. Mercury is in detriment but still in a neutral sign as well, and it moves into the sign of 7th house in 2 units, so I wondered. But I think it’s a no too.

Aries is NOT barren because its dispositor could be watersign (scorpio)
Moon in aries does not perform welll as far as fertility goes. Moon is cold and wet vs aries is hot and dry.
BUUUT Aries is leaning towards barren because its exalt is Sun which burns everything insight .. unfortunately in this chart Moon Aries is hardballing with fire balls at Saturn which is in Aquarius. That sextile is basically "fooling" astrologer. Sextiles are more leaning towards No except when they are in strong reception and out of positive houses.

It's a complex issue.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Strange how my posting was deleted for no reason yet Bread's comment on an astroogy forum where she lectures the OP & intrudes on her choices incl birth control.

The mods have to be more objective & fair.

I saw your post before it disappeared, appreciated the input. I just assumed you deleted it for some reason. Sometimes posts on this forum disappear and strangely reappear. It could just be a bug or it could be someone fkn with us, like the Mossad, as Rahu used to say.

Ukpoohbear

Aries is NOT barren because its dispositor could be watersign (scorpio)
Moon in aries does not perform welll as far as fertility goes. Moon is cold and wet vs aries is hot and dry.
BUUUT Aries is leaning towards barren because its exalt is Sun which burns everything insight .. unfortunately in this chart Moon Aries is hardballing with fire balls at Saturn which is in Aquarius. That sextile is basically "fooling" astrologer. Sextiles are more leaning towards No except when they are in strong reception and out of positive houses.

It's a complex issue.

That makes sense, cheers for the more in-depth info. I only read up about fertile and infertile signs on Skyscript because I asked this question.

I thought the sextile was promising when I first saw it, but the reception between Moon-Saturn was too negative. The chart is a clear no.

However, I am still holding some thought out for Mercury about to go into Saturn’s rulership. It means something but I don’t know if it is the end of me and him or Mercury (baby) will soon be ruled by him (Saturn).

Even though I like traditional horary, I like to look back on horaries and see how they played out. I have seen horaries go on to tell what happens further down the line.

Ukpoohbear

My favorite horary chart is the one I cast after months of trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant wondering when I’d have my first child. In it, there is no real aspectual relationship between L1 and L7, nor mutual standing. There are grand trines in fire and water, and the Moon has just passed perfection of a trine to L5 ruler (again no standing). That does NOT answer the literal question of when my child would be born but maybe it was close enough to what I meant, like when would the child choose me. I saved this chart because as it turns out it is probably cast a day or two after conception. Just do note that I had not asked previously on this matter, was very prepared, and deeply invested in the question.

That sounds like a deeply magical chart. It shows how deeply you would have been thinking about the question. And little did you know at the time of contemplation, the baby was saying, ‘I’m already here!’ Thanks for sharing :love:

I really want a baby and you understand :)

Last edited:

waybread

UKpoohbear, I truly get the wanting a baby part.

But realistically, how well positioned are you to do a super job of caring for a child for the next 18 or so years?

Have you talked it over with the prospective father?

I'm sorry if these questions seem outside the realm of astrology, but your significator in this horary chart is not in great shape, as I mentioned previously. It truly makes me question whether this is the right time for such an important life-changing decision.

tikana

That makes sense, cheers for the more in-depth info. I only read up about fertile and infertile signs on Skyscript because I asked this question.

I thought the sextile was promising when I first saw it, but the reception between Moon-Saturn was too negative. The chart is a clear no.

However, I am still holding some thought out for Mercury about to go into Saturn’s rulership. It means something but I don’t know if it is the end of me and him or Mercury (baby) will soon be ruled by him (Saturn).

Even though I like traditional horary, I like to look back on horaries and see how they played out. I have seen horaries go on to tell what happens further down the line.

a. you need fertle asce/ascelord + benefitial planets on asce
b you want fertile(I see a lot of already pregnant with fertile signs) and in aspect L5
c reception between L1 and L5.

I'd be asking if i will get pregnant this year?

Tik

Ukpoohbear

UKpoohbear, I truly get the wanting a baby part.

But realistically, how well positioned are you to do a super job of caring for a child for the next 18 or so years?

Have you talked it over with the prospective father?

I'm sorry if these questions seem outside the realm of astrology, but your significator in this horary chart is not in great shape, as I mentioned previously. It truly makes me question whether this is the right time for such an important life-changing decision.

I don’t mind your questions regarding my ability to be a fit mother :lol: :lol: joking! You want to know my thoughts, ok.

I wondered what you meant about my significator not being in great shape. Moon in Aries isn’t the worst but then like a few have pointed out, Aries is hot and dry and Moon cold and wet. Then I noticed it is conjunct Chiron, which is what I think you are referring to. I don’t pay any attention to Chiron when it comes to horary because I like traditional horary, but in this case, actually yes, the shoe fits.

I’m currently experiencing a bit of burn out which is nicely described by Moon in Aries (Burn out!!). I am happy within myself though, I am just overwhelmed with work and study and the stress causing me not to sleep properly and I have heart palpitations which I take beta blockers for, but the past couple of weeks even they aren’t helping.

I think that describes the Moon in Aries. For Moon-Chiron, I am in emotional pain. My man said he wanted to take me out ok Saturday and he ended up partying the Friday through to the Saturday! I was upset. I didn’t shout, instead I was soft and looked upset. He hasn’t spoken to me since!! I think he prefers it when I am angry. It’s been painful to go from cloud 9 to radio silence.

No. He’s probably not boyfriend material. But at the time of this horary, we were reconciled and the intimacy levels were good. It made me feel soft and broody.

Ok, so, that’s how I am doing. Here are my thoughts about motherhood which I am afraid I disagree with your purely practical views on it. Are you basically saying poor women should think twice as hard before becoming a mother than rich women?

Not only do I disagree but I take an extreme opposite view. Throw practicality out the window, I want to be a mother!! There is no greater thing in the world than to be a mother, I imagine. Imagine all the love. Now, I am not some damsel in distress who will give up and not do my best for my child when the going gets tough, I will duly sacrifice my life and my needs to give my child everything I gave up to have her. Just to be a mother!!

Sure, if I was homeless under a bridge I would say, perhaps you are starting to have a point, but I am a woman who wants to bloom before I am no longer able to bare fruit. Women have limited seasons, we only have so many spring and summers. Men, they can waste their seasons and marry a 21 year old spring child whenever they want, but a woman, her seasons to bloom are limited.

I don’t want to be a wise old oak tree standing on its own, that people come to stare at and say ‘that’s a cool looking tree, it made the right decisions and stand tall and wise on its own all lonely.’ No, I want to be a mother that bares fruit, and throws caution to the wind for that desire to be a mother. I want to be part of a forest!

I have not had much love in my life quite frankly, it would be an emotional pain beyond any I could want to imagine if god were to forsake me to know this type of love too.

If I have to be a single mother and struggle, I will still want it. My language may be flowery but I have known enough about life that I would give it my all.

To **** with practicalities quite frankly. It hit me a couple of days ago I may not become a mother, ever. It physically hurt for about an hour. I believe it is a possibility from what I know about my karma and my chart, it’s not very maternal. I just hope to god I do become a mother. I am sure I will find guy to help me look after me, I believe that too. If not, I will be a sacred mother on my own.

To question a mother’s right to motherhood is to deny them love! To hell with practicalities!

Thank you for listening.

Last edited: