saturn conjunct moon

pluto 74

Hi All,
I was wondering about this strange aspect since I met this girl with whom I have:
my saturn conjunct her moon in cancer,
her saturn conjunct my moon in scorpio,
in our composit we have saturn conjunt moon conjunct true node in virgo...
does anybody have any experience of this aspect?
I have read a lot of contradictory opinions about this aspect but I do not know what to keep as the most valid...
tnx in advance and happy new year!

Last edited:
pluto 74 said:
Hi All,
I was wondering about this strange aspect since I met this girl with whom I have:
does anybody have any experience of this aspect?
I have read a lot of contradictory opinions about this aspect but I do not know what to keep as the most valid...
tnx in advance and happy new year!

Well either way, its not good in synastry or composites to have this aspect as Saturn delays, restricts and withdraws, connected to restless moon in water prob will inhibit the emotional contact, the nurturing. Although Saturn in synastry Does act as cement 'for good or bad' and 3-4 aspects can bind people.......

Natally Saturn square Moon does suggest someonbe being able to endure hardships, and being emotionally withdrawn. Lets just hope you have other wonderful connections that may help mitigate this rather cool, distant aspect....

pluto 74

astrologer50 said:
Well either way, its not good in synastry or composites to have this aspect as Saturn delays, restricts and withdraws, connected to restless moon in water prob will inhibit the emotional contact, the nurturing. Although Saturn in synastry Does act as cement 'for good or bad' and 3-4 aspects can bind people.......

Natally Saturn square Moon does suggest someonbe being able to endure hardships, and being emotionally withdrawn. Lets just hope you have other wonderful connections that may help mitigate this rather cool, distant aspect....

we also have:
her moon trine my sun and venus (2 orb, exact)
her venus in taurus opposes my mars in scorpio (2 orb)
her pluto conjuncts my uranus and mercury (exact, 1 orb)
her jupiter and uranus conjuncts my neptune and true node (1 orb, 2 orb)
my jupiter trine her saturn (5 orb)
my pluto opposes her sun (5 orb)
her saturn and pluto trine my mc (exact, 3 orb)
her neptune conjuncts my 7th house cusp (2 orb)
her mars conjunct my chiron (exact)
her juno conjunct my Jupiter (3 orb)

I was wondering about the saturn moon aspect because something strange is happening between us.
I strongly feel that both we are interested in each other and I feel an irresistible sexual attraction, but nobody does "the STEP".
that is very strange for myself.
I had a lot of relationships and most of the times I'm very active and never lacked initiative with girls, but this girl is different...
for sure I can see the delay...

sometimes I feel that we are very similar.
she is an aries sun and mars and I'm a scorpio sun and mars.
I think we are both very strong and proud.
maybe time is what we need...

ps.. anyboby out there have an advice how to conquer an aries woman?
i believe they are pretty tough...
maybe that is what I like the most... the challenge!

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
what contradictions? to pluto

pluto,

You said:
pluto 74 said:
I have read a lot of contradictory opinions about this aspect but I do not know what to keep as the most valid

What "contradictory opinions" have you read? What is confusing about the different opinions?

Needing more astrological details,

Tim

cassanra

Saturn connection to personal planets in Synastry can imply a karmic connection of some type. Because of the karmic connection and the feeling of debt and responsibility that connects you to each other that can be an initial 'backing off' or fear of what connecting will bring.
You will not recognize what it will mean until you are more committed and then begin to see how it will play out but I suspect that, as Astrolog50 suggests, it will tend to dampen the emotional expression for both of you and inhibit. You may see each other emotionally as a parental figure.
The moon itself can be a karmic indicator as it is inidicative of early emotional habit patterns so saturn will challenge possibly that growth for good or bad.
Positive aspects between personal planets and the AC will help. Make sure the orbs of aspect are fairly close. The influence will lesson the further from exact the aspect is and I look at 3 degrees orb in general and just note anythiing more.
I would say the sexual interest is the venus and mars opposition.
I would focus on saturn on up and their aspects to the personal planets ie sun, moon, venus, AC looking for fairly tight aspects squares and oppositions for challenges in the relationship.

pluto 74

Re: what contradictions? to pluto

wilsontc said:
pluto,

You said:

What "contradictory opinions" have you read? What is confusing about the different opinions?

Needing more astrological details,

Tim

dear Tim,

1. I have read that this could be an aspect that freezes the relationship, may signify emotional block and apathy...

2. others say this is an extremely stable aspect, saturn may also represent the husband for the woman and may signify stable family and also children.

pluto 74

cassanra said:
Saturn connection to personal planets in Synastry can imply a karmic connection of some type. Because of the karmic connection and the feeling of debt and responsibility that connects you to each other that can be an initial 'backing off' or fear of what connecting will bring.
You will not recognize what it will mean until you are more committed and then begin to see how it will play out but I suspect that, as Astrolog50 suggests, it will tend to dampen the emotional expression for both of you and inhibit. You may see each other emotionally as a parental figure.
The moon itself can be a karmic indicator as it is inidicative of early emotional habit patterns so saturn will challenge possibly that growth for good or bad.
Positive aspects between personal planets and the AC will help. Make sure the orbs of aspect are fairly close. The influence will lesson the further from exact the aspect is and I look at 3 degrees orb in general and just note anythiing more.
I would focus on saturn on up and their aspects to the personal planets ie sun, moon, venus, AC looking for fairly tight aspects squares and oppositions for challenges in the relationship.

dear cassandra,
i believe you are very right about the "fear" you are talking about...
I added the orb degrees in my post above.
please, take a look on that.

I believe that only time can show results...

cassanra

I think, in response to your confusion, that both types of information are correct. Saturn connections can imply a long term committed relationship but long term relationships mean work and this can be an indication of the type of 'karmic work' that you will have to go through to stay connected.

cassanra

Oh, the work itself will be both of you will have to fight against fear of the other knowing your most sensitive side and to not criticize or patronize each other for the limitations of the moon but to accept and embrace each others lunar and encourage...very gently...emotional growth. I think that both of you may have a tendency to say "what a baby he/she is being' and that can be a little cold really.

pluto 74

cassanra said:

As far as the challenging aspects between us:

our jupiters in square (2 orb)
my saturn squares her mars (exact)

Akyana

The best possibility is, that you both are going to teach the other how to emotionally grow.
But you have to take it as a valuable teaching, not as just an icy block from the other person.

pluto 74

Akyana said:
The best possibility is, that you both are going to teach the other how to emotionally grow.
But you have to take it as a valuable teaching, not as just an icy block from the other person.

yes, I trully believe that there is something karmic between us and it is so strange that i have so much in common with that girl as far as past (not happy) experiences are concerned.
sorry I can not say more, but if somebody analyzes the quality of the two planets in conjunction I'm sure it is easy to understand...
it is so surprising to me that astrology can give you certain signs that just seem to be fatal...
i felt it from the first moment I laid my eyes on her!

AquariusT

I disagree entirely that it is restricting and harsh and awful! Too many negative aspects are posted all the time. Let's try to post positive stuff as well, sometimes. :eek:

Good for keeping one another grounded, long lasting relationship/friendship, support, always there when needed, old karmic relationship, great just to hang out with one another, not needing anyone else, strength!

cassanra

You make a very good point, AguariusT. It is important to focus on the strengths and positives of challenging aspects as they do lead to all that you mentioned.

starlink

Ha, finally! Akyana points to the right thing here:

BOTH have this happening so both will be able to identify strongly and therefore also understand each other very well indeed. They will feel compatible with one another on this and it could well cement the relationship strongly. Neither of them will feel that the other one is emotionally restricted. They both are, so that is great!!

STarlink

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Well, I have had this aspect in a relationship.His saturn to my moon. I found it very difficult.Oppressive.I felt like the saturn person was trying to restrict me emotionally.Everytime the relationship tried to grow, he *nipped it in the bud*.This was all happening in the sign of virgo, so it raised mercurial issues.At one point he wanted to be the person who initiated all the contact between us!!(Obviously this wasn't acceptable to me.:) )
This aspect also creates despondency between the two. Sad feelings, and often sad events.
The moon and Saturn do have a similar character in nocturnal charts however. If both natals were nocturnal and saturn was in its dignity it might not be so bad.But saturn is in detriment in the moon's sign, so they are mostly likely to be inharmonious energies.
We had some other harsh synastry aspects too but I'd say this one played out *long term*, and affected both of us negatively for a long time after the relationship ended.
If both people *want* the restrictions that this conjunction brings, then like Star said, it could be a *marriage made in....well, with saturn involved, I hesitate to say *heaven*, :) but it could superglue them together.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

pluto 74

AquariusT said:
I disagree entirely that it is restricting and harsh and awful! Too many negative aspects are posted all the time. Let's try to post positive stuff as well, sometimes. :eek:

Good for keeping one another grounded, long lasting relationship/friendship, support, always there when needed, old karmic relationship, great just to hang out with one another, not needing anyone else, strength!

I have to be honest but I completely agree with aquarius t and starlink.
I have never seen saturn as a bad planet even with the difficulties that may bring.
I believe that difficult situations in life bring progress, growth and stability.
maybe that is due to my exact natal aspect saturn trine my sun, venus...
difficulties for me = great challenges that I can not possibly ignore
too stimulating for my charater!

I very much appreciate your thoughts
thanks for that

pluto 74

lillyjgc said:
Well, I have had this aspect in a relationship.His saturn to my moon. I found it very difficult.Oppressive.I felt like the saturn person was trying to restrict me emotionally.Everytime the relationship tried to grow, he *nipped it in the bud*.This was all happening in the sign of virgo, so it raised mercurial issues.At one point he wanted to be the person who initiated all the contact between us!!(Obviously this wasn't acceptable to me.:) )
This aspect also creates despondency between the two. Sad feelings, and often sad events.
The moon and Saturn do have a similar character in nocturnal charts however. If both natals were nocturnal and saturn was in its dignity it might not be so bad.But saturn is in detriment in the moon's sign, so they are mostly likely to be inharmonious energies.
We had some other harsh synastry aspects too but I'd say this one played out *long term*, and affected both of us negatively for a long time after the relationship ended.
If both people *want* the restrictions that this conjunction brings, then like Star said, it could be a *marriage made in....well, with saturn involved, I hesitate to say *heaven*, :) but it could superglue them together.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

Thanks lilly for sharing your experience!
yes, maybe that is true.
I believe aspects work in a different way for people.
only time will tell.
the curious thing is that we have other strong aspects between us like her jupiter,uranus conj my neptune, true node....
I think that starlink made a very good point there, saying that this aspect works both ways, so there is no saturn person or moon person, meaning stronger or more sensitive.
It is like completing a circle...

Last edited:

Moulin

depends on natals too.

My moon saturn conjunct in synastry was made heavier due to my moon/saturn conjunct in my natal chart.

Look and see what you both have as saturn and moon aspects.