Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 03-01-2020, 07:59 AM

Re: Elevated and pitted degrees

He's actually pretty chill, as a personality. I've worked with him, and have done a couple of artfairs already. His art does make some people uneasy, but we've both came to the conclusion that having a cult following is a fine place to be.

But maybe I'm not the best person to consult regarding comfortable personalities

Unread 03-01-2020, 08:00 AM

Do you remember the owner of the chart you're talking about?
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:04 AM

I don't. I will look for it though. I have it somewhere.
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:05 AM

What's your opinion on houses ruling parts of lives?
Scientific or unnatural?
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM

Due to being ontologically undecided, I can't definitively say that houses are real phenomena or made up constructs solely existing in our minds as a result of deep self-delusion. If I am understanding the usage of that dichotomy right.

If it sounds like a copout, I don't care. I don't like to rush conclusions, especially when you don't know what you don't know.
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:21 AM

But does it work in practical applications for you? That's what matters at least.

A lot of these things we take for granted, apparently. It feels like I'll be stuck trying to figure these things out before I actually get to do anything with it.
Unread 03-01-2020, 08:30 AM

I've delineated with houses, with decent effect and without prior knowledge on the life of the person who I am reading for, so it's not like I don't have some observations of these things working. I've mentioned before that I began reading charts as an exercise to see if I should bother with the whole thing, or drop it and never look back.

I tend to take a stance where I apply to prove, while I can appreciate the theoretical underpinning of why x person does y. The sanctimonious infallibility that some like to dress themselves in falls apart when you encounter situations that contradict perfectly what they say. Is why I keep an eye out for at least some application to see if their beautiful reasons hold up when the rubber hits the road.

Tags
degrees, elevated, pitted