Beware of Spam!

VenusInAries

Ahhh I didn't originally post it lol :p I pointed it out Phenhere posted it I didn't know what the link was the posted so my mercury in gemini said ooo what is that lol and when I clicked it my virus protector went off and said oooo bad so wanted others to know about it just incase I didn't want someone to click that link that didn't have any kind of virus protector :) but noooooooooooooo ::sad pisces eyes:: I didn't start that link :(

VenusInAries

oh but I am super glad you removed the post I was worried about anyone clicking it so that is why I posted like a jillion times and included that article I didn't want anyone to get that trojan :)

I would like to know, can links be dangerous when it shown to be from the forum??? (address to go to another thread)

What about links to other sites??

4leafclovah

I would just like to say that I am LOVING this board! ( though I like it better when the board isn't so narrow ;))

Bunraku

The methods of spreading spam are getting very clever.

On face book, if you agreed to let a 3rd party access your account, there might be a chance that you've allowed spammers to use your account. This happens a lot because when people play games or take quizzes through face book, you check an agreement so that the 3rd party app can post your statistics and interaction with them on your wall/share them to other walls.

If you have gotten those messages on face book that says "Hey, are you mad?" and then they suddenly post a cryptic link, clicking those links will probably let a 3rd party access your account so they can take over and send messages to other people. Then the cycle goes on.
One of the people I've added sent everyone on their friends list a video with a provocative title so everyone could click it, and once it was clicked it will access your account and make your account post the spam.

I'm not sure if it's only the 3rd party apps or if there's some virus that does it actually, but that's what I can think of right now. It's not happening only on face book, but other social apps too.

chongjasmine

I don't mind the spam in my spam mail folder since I could easily delete them.
I do mind the spam in my inbox, though.
They are just plain annoying.

Eleni1

There is someone that send spam pms!
He invite you to a chat where noone (except one how claims to be astrologer) knows about astrology and there is a gay Moderator that is talking about his sexual parteners all the time...swears and offend members! This is how the chat operates mainly.
Please be careful !
Thank the moderator of the forum that banned them in order to not invite members and then swear to them and offend them.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

There is someone that send spam pms!

that's contrary to forum rules
:)

He invite you to a chat where noone (except one how claims to be astrologer) knows about astrology and there is a gay Moderator that is talking about his sexual parteners all the time...swears and offend members! This is how the chat operates mainly.
Please be careful !
Thank the moderator of the forum that banned them in order to not invite members and then swear to them and offend them.

Humanitarian

I don't mind the spam in my spam mail folder since I could easily delete them.
I do mind the spam in my inbox, though.
They are just plain annoying.
Yes, they're plain annoying to me, too. If they post too many spam messages, I request Tim to ban the spammer. I had seen a **** spam post in the Introduce Yourself And Your Astrology Background board, and I requested Tim to ban him, then he was banned almost immediately from Tim

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes, they're plain annoying to me, too. If they post too many spam messages, I request Tim to ban the spammer. I had seen a **** spam post in the Introduce Yourself And Your Astrology Background borad, and I requested Tim to ban him, then he was banned almost immediately from Tim

FORUM RULES :)
This is a Public Forum
& everyone must take responsibility for restricting what they share to their own comfort level.
We can't control people's sense of boundaries or lack thereof.
This forum is NOT appropriate for confidential sharing
and we strongly warn everyone that this is NOT an appropriate place to expect confidentiality.
We are NOT responsible for members' posting decisions and cleaning up their posts if they overshare.

Registration
Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted or changed at the AW forum.
You can delete any of your own posts at any time
or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

Ukpoohbear

No one’s ate spam since WW2 probs

IMG_4444.jpeg

Humanitarian

FORUM RULES :)
This is a Public Forum
& everyone must take responsibility for restricting what they share to their own comfort level.
We can't control people's sense of boundaries or lack thereof.
This forum is NOT appropriate for confidential sharing
and we strongly warn everyone that this is NOT an appropriate place to expect confidentiality.
We are NOT responsible for members' posting decisions and cleaning up their posts if they overshare.

Registration
Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted or changed at the AW forum.
You can delete any of your own posts at any time
or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

JA, please edit my quote from borad -> board because it was a very obvious misspelling due to large size text