Conversion of astro-data to Major Arcana Symbols: Method 1

retinoid

So what would it mean esoterically if all my planets were represented by reversed tarot cards? A lot of pit falls or the potential blocked and maybe it has to be 'learned'?

dr. farr

Yes: it would mean warnings: eg, beware of xx, don't go this way relative to xx, regarding this planetary force, be careful of xx, and so on. Also it could be outlining lessons re to particular planetary (ie Cosmic) influences, which need to be learned-by being made aware of such-and then taking heed- having to "learn the lesson by hard experience" can be modified or even totally averted.

retinoid

Yes: it would mean warnings: eg, beware of xx, don't go this way relative to xx, regarding this planetary force, be careful of xx, and so on. Also it could be outlining lessons re to particular planetary (ie Cosmic) influences, which need to be learned-by being made aware of such-and then taking heed- having to "learn the lesson by hard experience" can be modified or even totally averted.

so what would the reversed wheel of fortune and reversed star mean? not to be too optimistic?

dr. farr

No: rather, not to fall into the ways of being and thinking and acting, suggested by the reversed meanings connected with those MA symbols.

retinoid

No: rather, not to fall into the ways of being and thinking and acting, suggested by the reversed meanings connected with those MA symbols.

so then warning not to be too pessimistic (the star reversed is pessimism) and feeling like there are obstacles/bad luck everywhere (wheel of fortune reversed). well I have a lot of negativity to get over but I already knew that :cool:

dr. farr

Yes that is correct; of course you knew those indications already, but for others without advanced self-knowledge, use of the Tarot MA astrological element connections, can be revealing for them...

retinoid

Yes that is correct; of course you knew those indications already, but for others without advanced self-knowledge, use of the Tarot MA astrological element connections, can be revealing for them...

Okay thank you for your clarification dr farr as always.

lilithofeden

How do we know what these "cards" mean? I don't like what I see. :(

My sun is Death reversed,
Moon is Justice,
NN is The devil
Vertex is Death.

That's freaking scary. I swear I am not an evil person but this makes me feel like one. :(

A.C is the Star Reversed. What does this mean?

Last edited:

Bina

Dr. farr,
how can you be sure that the minutes of Asc/Mc degree in any chart are accurate? degrees ok, there is the sabian symbols and others and also rectification, but to be sure of the minutes one would have to be sure to the second about the time of birth. :innocent:

dr. farr

Not really that exact, but pretty exact, yes: if one has decided upon a birth time then one goes with that (including the minutes, etc) Now-if the indications don't match very well, and there is doubt about the exact time, then one rectifies the time until a more correctly descriptive match occurs; actually, though I must admit that I have rarely found this to be necessary in actual practice (based on my experience in this field)

dr. farr

How do we know what these "cards" mean? I don't like what I see. :(

My sun is Death reversed,
Moon is Justice,
NN is The devil
Vertex is Death.

That's freaking scary. I swear I am not an evil person but this makes me feel like one. :(

A.C is the Star Reversed. What does this mean?

Go to a reliable book or other source of Tarot symbol meanings: a pretty good easily available internet source is paranormality.com

Death card is usually quite benefic-means changes (reversed less so, means tendency to stagnation, being "stuck) Devil card usually indicates materiality, looking at things black and white, or being chained to habits, etc; remember also that just like in a natal astrological reading, so too when using the Major Arcana symbols, blending/synthesis of indications is absolutely necessary, and also putting each symbol is its degree of relative influence in the chart, just like we do with the planets, etc, upon which se select the indicated Major Arcana symbol from the chart.

lilithofeden

Oh ok thank you Dr. Farr!

Go to a reliable book or other source of Tarot symbol meanings: a pretty good easily available internet source is paranormality.com

Death card is usually quite benefic-means changes (reversed less so, means tendency to stagnation, being "stuck) Devil card usually indicates materiality, looking at things black and white, or being chained to habits, etc; remember also that just like in a natal astrological reading, so too when using the Major Arcana symbols, blending/synthesis of indications is absolutely necessary, and also putting each symbol is its degree of relative influence in the chart, just like we do with the planets, etc, upon which se select the indicated Major Arcana symbol from the chart.

Bina

I did the calculations for all my planets and points and the result is rather interesting! 3 of the cards came up more than once:

I got 3 times 'The Hermit', for my Sun (reversed) and for Neptune + Saturn (both upright). Neptune is very strong in my chart (ruler of Asc), Saturn apparently strong in my vedic chart. So this card is very significant for me (and so fitting - i'm such a hermit! been thinking recently how i seem to become more and more so... and also wondering why..)

Asc and Mercury both come up with 'The Star' (reversed), something to think about..

'The World' came up twice too, for Venus (upright) and for Jupiter (reversed). Also a strong influence, since Venus rules both my Sun and Moon signs. Venus and Jupiter are squaring each other in my birthchart too.

Doing a lifetime tarot card spread (based on numerology of name and birthday) on http://www.tarot-card.net 'The Hermit' and 'The World' came up as two of the main cards as well!! :smile:

reversed devil does not mean less so it means more so per paranormality.com

personally, i never saw the Devil(upright) as absolutely negative, but fleshly desires with the potential with over doing them, on the other hand Devil(reversed) is absolute negative including on paranormality.com

This is really cool though. Tarot with Astros that is.

Last edited:
Wiggady Wiggady wowserz is all i gots to say about Oreo's reversal. Astrology is pleasingly infinitely complex, and the degrees often depend on differing methods, but this is certainly something to smile 'bout in this case. LOL

Last edited:

dr. farr

Generally the straight up Devil is often interpreted as representing bondage of being chained to something, the reverse often interpreted as breaking free from such chains/bondage; however, there are much deeper indications for each of the MA symblos, and each actually should be the subject of fuller study and investigation.

from paranormality.com

Tarot Cards - The Devil

The Devil (Le Diable)
The Lord of the Gates of Matter; The Child of the Forces of Time

Card Number: 15
Key Number: 26
Rulership: Capricorn
Hebrew Letter: Ayin
Translation: Eye
Numerical Value: 12
Divinatory meaning
Upright - Money matters. Feeling the burden of the material side of life. Desire for physical and material things. Feeling of frustration and oppression. A tendency to collect and hoard money and material objects. Lust. Sexual obsession. The querent's knowledge of his or her own needs, wants and desires. Security versus creative or spiritual fulfillment.

Ill Dignified or Reversed - True evil. Abuse of authority. Material success is the focus to the exclusion of all other things. Uncontrolled ambition. Greed. Bondage to a person or situation or thing. Emotional blackmail. More severe forms of the above. True evil.

Let me know if you want to do mine, LOL. My brain is retarded mathematically so I can't really do it.

"The Lord of the Gates of Matter" what a picture this paints in my mind worth ten million words.

Last edited:

dr. farr

The Tarot (used in the fashion described in this thread) can often add further insight to natal and other astrological charts. Glad you found it of some interest!

Zaphod

I've been doing a lot of work in this area on the tarot forums, using the Golden Dawn system of Chaldean decans for the Minor Arcana ("pip" and court) cards, and a rethinking of the GD "Tree of Life" path method for the Major Arcana. Here are a couple of the outputs. The photo (which I may have posted in another thread previously) shows my birthchart done up in tarot cards according to the GD method, and the two PDF files provide the rationale for rethinking the trump card correspondences. Note that I used Whole Sign Houses for the layout (eliminating my 8th/2nd-House Cancer-Capricorn intercept); my actual Ascendant is 25 Scorpio, which is shown by the Ace of Cups on the third decan of Scorpio.

Attachments

• Astro-Tarot Birthchart Layout.JPG
    Astro-Tarot Birthchart Layout.JPG
    498.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Astrologically Rethinking the Major Arcana.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Revised Astrological Correspondences.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: