Child with Moon in the 8th house-Yikes!!!!!

misschattyp

Hi guys. Recently I've been reading more into astrology and pulled up my 3 yr old daughter's birth chart. To my horror I noticed that her 8th house contained moon in conjunction with Venus and Mercury. From what I've learned so far, moon is representative of the mother so I'm kind of freaking out as I'm also aware of how bad of a rep the 8th house has.

This has really been worrying me as my daughter means the world to me and I desperately want to raise her to be a loving, healthy, well adjusted human being. I also hope we have a great relationship when she's older. Does this mean I'm going to die premeutrely or our relationship will be strained? Or even worse?

Lin

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
From what you said, I see no terrible problems coming from the conj in the 8th.
Just try to allow her to develop her own interests, values and in general her authenticity...don't encourage her to depend upon what others think of her.
LIN

Hsn1983

Posting her chart is good idea, the stellium in the 8 th house could mean inheritance for her, the planets rule houses in her chart so they are not necessarily ruling the mother

waybread

People with an 8th house concentration tend to be fairly private. They also tend to think about death more than the average person. When she gets older, if your daughter asks you about death, try to answer her in a matter-of-fact way, vs. trying to get her away from a "morbid" topic. The 8th house also rules "shared resources" such as inheritances, investments, and money from a marriage or business partnership. When she is older, you might set up a savings plan with her, so she can see what happens to her money. The 8th house also rules the sexual and eliminative organs. When she is ready to learn about sex, see if you can talk about it in a matter-of-fact way.

You might combine some of these topics in gardening, if your home situation permits. Even a few plants on a window-sill. The 8th house carries the cyclical themes of birth-sex-life-death-rebirth. Composting, where the discarded "dead" plant matter gets recycled into the garden to fertilize new plant life is very 8th house.

Finally, the 8th house has an association with occult subjects. I bet she will love dressing up for Halloween, decorating the house, carving jack-o-lanterns, and so on. This would be a fun mother-daughter activity.

As to how she will see you, a lot depends on the rest of her chart. How is the moon aspected and what sign is it in?

Do you want to post her chart?

I'm sure you're doing a super job of parenting, Mama. Astrology isn't meant to frighten us.

As to your own death question: absolutely not. You're fine on that score.

Moon in the 8th, especially in a water sign, is an indication of strong intuitive/psychic ability. Venus is a benefic planet, and Mercury is neutral. This is not necessarily a bad aspect just because it is in the 8th. Which sign are these planets in and how else are they aspected?

love-thinking

Hi guys. Recently I've been reading more into astrology and pulled up my 3 yr old daughter's birth chart. To my horror I noticed that her 8th house contained moon in conjunction with Venus and Mercury. From what I've learned so far, moon is representative of the mother so I'm kind of freaking out as I'm also aware of how bad of a rep the 8th house has.

This has really been worrying me as my daughter means the world to me and I desperately want to raise her to be a loving, healthy, well adjusted human being. I also hope we have a great relationship when she's older. Does this mean I'm going to die premeutrely or our relationship will be strained? Or even worse?

I have moon in the 8th house but it is in taurus opposite pluto. Don't let this be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes a moon in the 8th means an overbearing, overprotective, powerful mother. This might be a good thing if the moon is in a good sign. There may be powerful woman in her life in the future and as someone else has mentioned, some stuff to do with inheritance. Do not be overprotective, but be careful of some of the dark aspects of this eg molestation and even men obsessing over her once she's older because of the venus there. Moon in 8th house is usually emotional transformation but it's painful.

Themes this will manifest to:
Good ones:
intuitive ability or even psychic ability
interest in psychology and motives of others
interest in taboo, morbid things and the occult
passionate friendships and relationships with both genders
Very close relationship with you to a point where she will feel like she owes you once she is older
With mercury here as well, she definitely may be interested in psychology
Being a couselor or the friend everyone goes to

Bad ones:
death in family
molestation
inheritance due to death in family (but perhaps she may feel like the money is worth nothing because she's also robbed emotionally after the death) so feelings of emotional numbness despite being wealthy-theme of rich depressed person for example-realization that materialism doesn't lead to happiness
Feeling abused in some way by a parent
Themes of betrayal
jealousy from other women as they see her as a threat or a "slut"
dressing with a style that screams dark sex(think stockings, skirts of all kinds, a tiny bit of clevage and lots of black, burgundy, and purple but also leather jackets, jeans with red/burgundy lipstick with a cigarette in her hand)-scorpios or those with plutonic energy also tend to be sexy with less make up, and "expensive" clothes and they don't care for brands either unless they are power hungry. But they need something to make them stand out and they do this by bold lipstick or a funky but beautiful hair colour(usually they choose red)
obsessive relationships and friendships
becoming an "soul less" femme fatale (the result of being hurt too many times and learning the taboo aspects of the human psyche including the fact that "sex sells")

love-thinking

I don't mean to frighten you though. Remember, this is some of the things it can manifest to, doesn't mean it will. Make sure as a mom, she doesn't repress this energy or it will come to her in a very negative way. Teach her to be open and expressive with her feelings and MIRROR her feelings. I can't emphasize how important that is.

Make sure she does not repress her sexual feelings in an unhealthy way either. I know that's awkward for you to hear because you are her mother but this comes from experience. Let holloween be an outlet for her to explore her darkness. I was never allowed to celebrate holloween but it was one of my favourite times of the year. (as someone above mentioned)

Secondly, don't assume because she's detached, that she doesn't need or want love, or that she does not love you. If she acts out or is a troublesome child, realize that there's pain below the surface especially things she is not telling you.

I really don't mean to be bossy and I trust that you can be a good parent (that's why you made this forum) but I do truly believe with aspects like these you need to be very careful. Repression just causes too much pain in the future. I will tell you something about myself having this aspect. I used to get severely bullied when I was in middle school. I used to come home and act like nothing happened and I was the coolest kid alive.

My dad always thought that I was lucky and resented me because I apparently had privileges he did not as a child. Me acting like "the cool kid" further emphasized these subconscious feelings he had towards me. So he never realized how lonely I was. (I also have no siblings) I think he resented me so much because I reminded him of a family member he had in his family but that's just my own theory.

He treated me terribly and would humiliate me in front of family friends, sometimes he would hit me and feel so guilty about it that in fit of rage, he'd hit himself. I was always terrified. My mother would always be too scared of him to do anything. He would do this if I expressed myself in any negative way or triggered him in anyway and this would just feed the cycle of pain and acting out as my feelings were very deep and chaotic and his were as well.(I never forgave him nor did I attempt to build a healthy connection with him until he passed away. I never had respect for him and once he passed, he became quite of a celebrity among my family and family friends because of his charity work and the fact that he fought in a war. This led to a massive amount of guilt and shame that I internalized.) And he never realized my pain, my deep emotions and my loneliness and I never told him. He came from a very poor and abusive family and regardless of what he did to me or how I felt, in his eyes I was just always better off than where he came from and so my pain was okay.

I also want to note that I had a female best friend friend who went through something similar with her father and this shows the themes of abuse, and powerful female relationships forming because of some sort of dark relating. (Moon in 8th house)

After those years, I grew up with extreme social anxiety and low self esteem with a series of events that really triggered me to transform myself and own my pluto/lilith. Be cautious, make sure she avoids repressing one personality trait in order to emphasize another. Raise her to be free and liberated. Form a deeply emotional and powerful relationship with your child and I wish you all the best.

CapAquaPis

I have both Moon and Sun in 8th house (Aquarius) - children born under this alignment have strong, but strained relationships with parents and other family members. Anyways, what's your daughter's sun sign? or the 8th house sign? Aquarians are among the most open-minded, esp. if they have a sun in the 8th.

Purple9

I have moon in the 8th house but it is in taurus opposite pluto. Don't let this be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes a moon in the 8th means an overbearing, overprotective, powerful mother. This might be a good thing if the moon is in a good sign. There may be powerful woman in her life in the future and as someone else has mentioned, some stuff to do with inheritance. Do not be overprotective, but be careful of some of the dark aspects of this eg molestation and even men obsessing over her once she's older because of the venus there. Moon in 8th house is usually emotional transformation but it's painful.

Themes this will manifest to:
Good ones:
intuitive ability or even psychic ability
interest in psychology and motives of others
interest in taboo, morbid things and the occult
passionate friendships and relationships with both genders
Very close relationship with you to a point where she will feel like she owes you once she is older
With mercury here as well, she definitely may be interested in psychology
Being a couselor or the friend everyone goes to

Bad ones:
death in family
molestation
inheritance due to death in family (but perhaps she may feel like the money is worth nothing because she's also robbed emotionally after the death) so feelings of emotional numbness despite being wealthy-theme of rich depressed person for example-realization that materialism doesn't lead to happiness
Feeling abused in some way by a parent
Themes of betrayal
jealousy from other women as they see her as a threat or a "slut"
dressing with a style that screams dark sex(think stockings, skirts of all kinds, a tiny bit of clevage and lots of black, burgundy, and purple but also leather jackets, jeans with red/burgundy lipstick with a cigarette in her hand)-scorpios or those with plutonic energy also tend to be sexy with less make up, and "expensive" clothes and they don't care for brands either unless they are power hungry. But they need something to make them stand out and they do this by bold lipstick or a funky but beautiful hair colour(usually they choose red)
obsessive relationships and friendships
becoming an "soul less" femme fatale (the result of being hurt too many times and learning the taboo aspects of the human psyche including the fact that "sex sells")

What this person said :)

Also my Moon in 8th manifested with my FEAR that I would lose my mother. It was an irrational fear I had from the age of around 5. While she did have a major health crisis early in life, she survived and totally recovered. I am 40, she is 60, we are extremely close and now also interdependent (she looks after my youngest child, while I work and contribute financially as she lost her job) and as mentioned above I indeed feel like I owe her for pulling me along on her own and raising me entirely alone. We are very much intertwined all my life, which was sometimes a burden on each of us. Keep communication open. Keep it light (8th house Moon will likely get overwhelmed at times). All the best.

waybread

I'd sure leave out the "death in the family" theme.

Death in the family is a natural part of life. Hopefully nobody dies prematurely, but if they did, you're not going to get it transparently off the 8th house. Normally one's grandparents, then parents predecease us; with exceptions made for people who die younger than their normal life expectancy for some reason. Live long enough, and "death in the family" will happen to everyone.

Roughly 1/12 of the entire human population will have their moon in the 8th house.

misschattyp

Thanks you guys I'm definitely feeling a sigh of relief. I forgot to mention that her Moon, Venus, and Mercury are all in Gemini so I'm nt too sure as to how those affect one another. But I def will keep all of the good advice in mind. Thanks so much

Laurelle

My daughter has her Moon in Cancer in the 8th house. People like to skirt around issues of death, but I am scorpio dominant and have no issues with death. Sometimes it is helpful to look at the charts of families and you'll find that they all interlink together.

8th house rules inheritance as well as death because when someone dies there is usually an inheritance involved.

My daughter's father died when she was 10 years-old leaving her all his money. Shortly after her half-brother died of a drug overdose. She also lost both of her uncles. Four people died that were related to my daughter in a year. My brother, her only surviving uncle, has written my daughter in his will as his sole heir. She will receive all his wealth when he dies.

She does have fears of me (her mother) dying or leaving her, which are unfounded, but given what she has been through it's warranted.

Moon house placement is also what the mother teaches the child. As her mother I teach my daughter about the occult. She had her first tarot cards at 6. We keep secrets that are between only her and me. She is intuitive, but not psychic.

She's 14 years old now and I am still alive. Will I die? Yes, but not anytime soon.

katydid

I have my Moon conjunct Mars in Cap IN THE 8TH....:innocent:

My Mom is 89 years old, alive and well. We speak every day and love each other.

Don't worry about that part of her chart as meaningful g you won't live a long life or be in a close relationship.

I would look to the most positive descriptions of the 8th and try and help your daughter navigate towards those elements of the 8th house. She might discover that she is a good healer, good psychologist or therapist, or detective, and you might help her learn about those vocations. Reads her stories about women who are brave and highly intelligent ads role models for her.

Be aware that she might be more of an addictive personality and she must learn to haver self control. You could help her by modelling that same type of control yourself, so she can see moderate healthy drinking as opposed to dbinge eating, drinking or gambling, etc. :sideways:

Lin

I have Moon in the 8th house in Gemini.

My mother died when I was 50. so.... generalizations are really useless. And she was over 80 and had smoked for 60 years. So not really a shock.

The 8th house represents SO much in human experience and partnership experience. I would research the 8th house so that you understand that having any planet there has so many meanings in so many areas of life.

Lin

REL

I’m so glad someone asked this. I got my chart read and decided to try to read my sons on my own. He has a Scorpio moon in 8th house. For my own chart a lot of what the astrologist said rang true so I’m worried about my sons. He has moon sextile Pluto, moon trine Neptune and moon sextile Jupiter which aren’t terrible. He’s 2 and loves me he actually doesn’t seem to care about my husband, his dad. He has sun square mars. I wonder if in some circumstances moon in 8th can represent father? I can see for the lesser bad part of Scorpio moon over protective mother. My son has some serious health issues and I can definitely be over protective out if love