Uranus in aspect to Midheaven

I've been thinking about the effect of having Uranus in aspect to MC on ones career.

I personally have Uranus exactly conjunct my IC/opposite MC and I hate the word career :tongue:
The idea of "choosing" a career path and then going up and up just doesn't compile with me. Of course this is affected also by other sections of the chart.

I have this huge internal conflict though - on one hand, needing some kind of financial stability, and also a knowledge-based stability, to know that I have the internal resources to survive - I guess that's Taurus MC with heavy second house influences. But on the opposite side I get bored very fast with any kind of job and I really want to work in a field I believe in and where I can use my talents, also it would be amazing if it would be something more flexible, not 9 to 5 style.
I've changed jobs and fields many times, and currently I have a job title that sounds good and "stable", with opportunities and such, working in the IT field at a financial corporation. The only issue is I hate finances and I feel I'm not using my talents and it's just slowly eating away my soul. And I feel stuck right now...
I have also Chiron conjunct MC and with the heavy Virgo/Cancer influence I am really attracted to healing - but I think I need to heal myself first :unsure:

Anyway. I would be curious, if there is anyone here with Uranus aspects to MC (mostly conjunct or opposite), what are your experiences career-wise?

Claire19

I've been thinking about the effect of having Uranus in aspect to MC on ones career.

I personally have Uranus exactly conjunct my IC/opposite MC and I hate the word career :tongue:
The idea of "choosing" a career path and then going up and up just doesn't compile with me. Of course this is affected also by other sections of the chart.

I have this huge internal conflict though - on one hand, needing some kind of financial stability, and also a knowledge-based stability, to know that I have the internal resources to survive - I guess that's Taurus MC with heavy second house influences. But on the opposite side I get bored very fast with any kind of job and I really want to work in a field I believe in and where I can use my talents, also it would be amazing if it would be something more flexible, not 9 to 5 style.
I've changed jobs and fields many times, and currently I have a job title that sounds good and "stable", with opportunities and such, working in the IT field at a financial corporation. The only issue is I hate finances and I feel I'm not using my talents and it's just slowly eating away my soul. And I feel stuck right now...
I have also Chiron conjunct MC and with the heavy Virgo/Cancer influence I am really attracted to healing - but I think I need to heal myself first :unsure:

Anyway. I would be curious, if there is anyone here with Uranus aspects to MC (mostly conjunct or opposite), what are your experiences career-wise?[/

The experiences that others will have with Uranus to the MC will differ with yours. No one is the same even with the same aspect. It all depends on the overall aspects in the individual chart. The environment, the family you are in, your soul path and
opportunities.

The experiences that others will have with Uranus to the MC will differ with yours. No one is the same even with the same aspect. It all depends on the overall aspects in the individual chart. The environment, the family you are in, your soul path and
opportunities.

Well, I also believe other people's experiences will be different, depending on other influences in their chart, of course. But this is exactly why I was curious to hear about personal exeriences, to compare and see how they reflect the Uranus influence in them :)

theV

My Uranus square my Midheaven. Career and success matters to me. Uranus/Mc has to do more with challenging authority figures. Possessing an erratic, eccentric, different personality is one of Uranus/Mc traits.

ukdesifem

It dpeends on the type of aspect.

A conjunction is a fusion. So Uranus conjunct MC means that Uranian qualities (change, revolution, individuality) meld with work.

A trine or sextile, as good aspects, mean Uranus helps the MC/work in novel, innovative, and new ways.

A square is the opposite effect of a trine, whilst an opposition would mean a conflict between change, individuality and work.

from seeing numerous charts, I find people in innovative fields, or who are noted for being bright sparks in their fields, tend to have a prominent Uranus. if it's not aspecting the MC, then it's aspecting the Sun or other major planet.

haidee

Uranus/MC trine here.

It's more of an innovative thinking, the need to share new ideas and give another perspective of things. Not necessarily a need to make it (whatever it is) happen, but to keep options open and find joy in being creative.
But it depends on the rest of the chart. I personally have a lot of 'thinking' qualities being heavy in air.

I believe we have another forum-member who has her Uranus in 10H as well. She's an artist, if I remember correctly... Her own boss, doesn't have a "regular" job. But well, maybe she'll stop by and talk for herself. :tongue:

Uranus/MC trine here.
I believe we have another forum-member who has her Uranus in 10H as well. She's an artist, if I remember correctly... Her own boss, doesn't have a "regular" job. But well, maybe she'll stop by and talk for herself. :tongue:

Yes, I think I see the difference here between the conjunction and the opposition. In my case, with the opposition, I've been dreaming about what you described above, not to have a "regular job" ever since I started working. But it seems that with Taurus MC I do need some kind of security (and also having a packed 2nd house), a safety base of some kind.

So I've been thinking that the solution might be in this case to combine the two poles somehow (as one might do with an opposition), to create some kind of financial security or some stable income base or something and in the same time to pursue my hobbies (which make me feel alive) and try to combine the two at one point.

Sure, we might argue that MC is not about financial security, but I also have Venus in my 2nd too which is the ruler of the 10th so in this case I think it's connected. Also this "security" is not only financial, for me it's also about my knowledge base, and basically what people know me for. But my interests are very varied (which I think Uranus in the 3rd conjunct IC reflects this), and I need to project this outside as well, to feel satisfied.

waybread

I have Uranus conjunct MC.

With Uranus conjunct IC, one of the biggest things to consider is your home. On the grounds that "it is easier to ride the horse in the direction it's going," think about how you might design your living space in a constructive, Uranian kind of way: ultra-modern, cutting edge electronics. Uranus rules sudden change, so think of how you could re-arrange your living space whenever the spirit strikes you.

The MC does deal with career, but in the sense of your vocation in live and public image. Your financial stability, in contrast, is a 2nd house matter (personal finance) and ideally, an 8th house matter (investments.)

With Uranus hitting the MC, think about either: (a) a Uranian type of career, such as science or aviation, (b) finding a job that allows you a lot of personal freedom and internal diversity, and/or (c) periodically changing jobs or even career direction.

I'm retired now, but when I was working I did have (b) a job that allowed me sufficient personal freedom to plan a lot of what I wanted that job to look like. I did suffer from a lack of focus, however. Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology so now that I'm retired, I spend a lot of my time at it.