Interceptions in Horary

byjove

Account Closed
So how does one interpret them?

Even if using Regio, nevermind Placidus, I frequently get interceptions. Important planets become rulers of many houses or I'm unclear which.

How do you interpret them?

Does anyone know how the grandfathers of horary reacted to them?

Oddity

The further you get from the equator, the more this is going to happen if you're using a quadrant house system.

That's basically what it means. It's not given a special interpretive value, never was except in modern astrology.

Or if it really bugs you, use whole signs, where things can't be intercepted.

byjove

Account Closed
I see.

I believe that in Vedic and Hellenic, whole signs were used generally speaking.

But anytime after ancient Greece, if a quadrent system was used, wouldn't the houses be interpreted as per the calculated houses, rather than the signs?

(I'm much less read on this than others here, but I thought the sign counting was just Greek ((and later Vedic)).

Yes I've always lived far from the equator (except for Italy) and this keeps coming up. I still haven't made a decision.

JUPITERASC

I see.

But anytime after ancient Greece, if a quadrent system was used, wouldn't the houses be interpreted as per the calculated houses, rather than the signs?

(I'm much less read on this than others here, but I thought the sign counting was just Greek ((and later Vedic)).

Yes I've always lived far from the equator (except for Italy) and this keeps coming up. I still haven't made a decision.
WHOLE SIGNS TODAY informative discussion on house systems http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163 :smile:

Dirius

I see.

Usually the planets are smart and show you the relevant data regardless of your location (unless you are on artic/antartic coordinates). I think that if you are getting too many charts with too many intercepted houses, and unclear answers, its mostly because you are using horary a bit too much byjove :pouty:

As Oddity mentioned, if this is a problem you can use whole signs. Any house system works to be honest. If you respect the planets, they will provide you with the answer.

But again, I think you've been using horary a bit too much the past few months :happy::happy:

byjove

Account Closed
Well I've been getting an intercepted pair in every 3/4 charts that I've casted. Mind you, as I said, I've always lived in northern latittudes. Just as in natal charts, that's what happens.

As for usage, well I've really been testing horary's limits. E.g. is it reflecting what's happening in my life? And also learning along the way. Go back a few months and see what tools I had to interpret charts then. Nearly none.

Dirius

Well I've been getting an intercepted pair in every 3/4 charts that I've casted. Mind you, as I said, I've always lived in northern latittudes. Just as in natal charts, that's what happens.

As for usage, well I've really been testing horary's limits. E.g. is it reflecting what's happening in my life? And also learning along the way. Go back a few months and see what tools I had to interpret charts then. Nearly none.

The problem with using Horary too much, is that you enter the realm of uncertain charts.

Furthermore, the chart tries to show the situation the best it can...but if you are constantly asking questions, the details become less accurate for your personal life. It is usually wise to use horary as little as you can, so when you have an important question in mind, you can get a correct answer with every detail possible.

Everyone goes through a period of "constant horary questions". It happened to me too, and to most people. Horary has a tendency to become a bit addictive. But trust me not casting so many charts is better.

If you need to practice the skills you can always use the charts posted here on the forum. It is actually better, because we are never objective with our personal charts. On our personal charts we "see what we want to see".

Its just some advise, don't take it the wrong way. :tongue::tongue:

Last edited: