The Ninth House and Religion

Linzul

I also have combusted Mercury Scorpio ruled by Mars in 1st house in mutual reception and it is in the 3rd house ruler of my ascendant and MC. In term of negative 3rd house and Mercurial matters, it manifests as my sibling died before my birth from my mum's abortion, I learned to talk very late as a toddler, never do well at school at younger age, having a few motor accidents, burns, fracture arm and scars on limbs and I have overly active mind and don't usually sleep very well.

But later in life, I learn to communicate well, talking too much really and very expressive, and I used my fingers/hands a lot at work, and I learned to knit as I got older and doing well with that. I personally think the combusted planet might get better later in life.

I"m sorry to hear of your early troubles, I don't know how we make it out of childhood sometimes. It's really a remarkable thing. I have 2 kids now, and sometimes the weight of the long term and how I parent is intensely felt. You do the best you can with what you know is my mantra.

Awesome on the knitting front, I crochet and have knitting on my next few things to learn :) Very glad to see your triumphs with age, and I think you're on to something with combusted planets getting better with time, or maybe we just do! If you learn from the situations combustion can land you in of course, and are willing to adapt. The idealist in me likes to think most people do.

My chart is marked with repressed rage in Mars placements and aspects. Despite having outlets (team sports) I know I had many flubs as a young adult in every aspect of life. Picking my battles is something I'm still learning how to do, because as rage issues fade the ego/insecurity ones pop up. Trying to keep reality in perspective with aspiration is the new challenge. Luckily (I think) my ascendant and aspects have helped there.

*emma*

Banned
To lighten up the topic a bit. In term of evil, I think my Catholic Church hospital charging patients $15 dollar a day to turn the tv on when they are inpatient. I think that is blood* evil. Most can't afford so they look at the wall all day most don't even come from a clean home...well don't get me started.

exactly so lay off the goats LOL and the fear engendered myths....after all alot of religion is FEAR based and GUILT based....thats abuse of the highest kind and an abomination of human rights IMO

The priests that preach sanctimoniously and then go on to commit criminal acts of all sorts inclusing the most heinous have more goaty beards than satan himself...hmmmmmmm hypocrites....

As for the goat being a symbol of evil etc its cultural rubbish....it is slightly connected to sex....one thing the church has batted against forever, sexuality as if its EVIL....unless condoned by them via marriage, idiots

:D

After all god did say go forth and multiply LOL.......and never said make sure you pop into registry office beforehand! Or say three hail marys if you had a harmless one night stand...the problem religion has and which it will aurely lose is tryng to control people...it has no right in any way shape or form..its an anathema for an intelligent loving creator to control....the priests and pontificators are the losers..and about bloody time

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
exactly so lay off the goats LOL and the fear engendered myths....after all alot of religion is FEAR based and GUILT based....thats abuse of the highest kind and an abmination of human rights IMO

The priests that preach sanctimoniously and then go on to commit criminal acts of all sorts inclusing the most heinous have more goaty beards than satan himself...hmmmmmmm hypocrites....

No no, I am not blaming the Goat. It just happens Capricorn and Saturn rules worldly status and power and a lot of mythology related to Goat. Saturn and Capricorn are very good planet and sign just like any other planet and sign, everything works both positively and negatively.

In traditional astrology though, Saturn was known as the Lord of Death, as death is the ultimate Limitation of our physical world and the last planet in the traditional astrology. The boundary of the stars and the world within.

From Skyscript by the authoritative traditional astrology teaching site and owner of the site Deborah Houlding:

"As the most distant of the visible planets, Saturn signifies the boundaries of personal awareness and experience. Astrologically, it depicts the finite limit to our own perceptions, capabilities and life; the fixed extremes against which personal will-power and self determination prove futile. The archetypal figure of the stoic old-man in his deathly shroud portrays the unmoving end which awaits us all, regardless of whether or not we are prepared for it. Death, after all, is an extremely limiting experience."

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/astrology_saturn.html

JUPITERASC

No no, I am not blaming the Goat. It just happens Capricorn and Saturn rules worldly status and power and a lot of mythology related to Goat. Saturn and Capricorn are very good planet and sign just like any other planet and sign, everything works both positively and negatively
The nimble goat climbs the rocky mountain heights with ease - thus symbolic of the 'rocky climb' towards earthly status and power :smile:
In traditional astrology though, Saturn was known as the Lord of Death, as death is the ultimate Limitation of our physical world and the last planet in the traditional astrology. The boundary of the stars and the world within.

From Skyscript by the authoritative traditional astrology teaching site and owner of the site Deborah Houlding:

"As the most distant of the visible planets, Saturn signifies the boundaries of personal awareness and experience. Astrologically, it depicts the finite limit to our own perceptions, capabilities and life; the fixed extremes against which personal will-power and self determination prove futile. The archetypal figure of the stoic old-man in his deathly shroud portrays the unmoving end which awaits us all, regardless of whether or not we are prepared for it. Death, after all, is an extremely limiting experience."

apparently, however Death is not necessarily a limiting experience - according to an interesting documentary :smile:

LIFE AFTER DEATH EXPERIENCES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PfQ2ilEJFg

poyi

Premium Member
So even if it signified death why did yiu say it signifies evil???

"The Sun is seen as the planet of creativity, light and life - Saturn, the Lord of Death, is viewed as its enemy. As the Sun rules Leo, and governs the height of summer, Saturn takes rulership of the signs that govern midwinter, Capricorn (its nocturnal home) and Aquarius (its diurnal home)."

Links for the mythology and symbolism why goat commonly is considered as evil:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Goat.html

http://books.google.com.hk/books?id...K#v=onepage&q=mythology goat and evil&f=false

poyi

Premium Member
[deleted response to attacking post - Moderator]

The simple answer [about good and evil] is the original people (the ancient, Greeks, Indians, Babylonian, Egyptians, even the Mayans) they created and designed Astrology, the symbols they chose to use based on the marking of Seasons. To them Sun is the Good God, and the one who ate the Sun away (shorten Sunlight) in Winter time was considered to be the Evil God, the marking of death of all plants and decrease numbers of animals and birth of animals. Simple. Read it yourself.

You have to look back why people used to think that way. To majority of the people in the Past, the king, the authoritative people, the governors abused the general public, even in modern time is still the same the misuse of power and status. Power and Status are ruled by Saturn, so since the ancient time, people psychological link the both together. If you study the history of demons particularly in Western culture, Goat has always been used as the symbol of Evil.

There are too many resources available for you to read. I don't have I have any more patience for this topic for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

Yes in traditional astrology due to the visible planets end with Satun, in general that is limitation. When it comes to modern astrology, Pluto took the place of death in a different level of meaningful transformation. Personally, I don't see death as limitation. But it is the limitation of the physical body to experience illness and death. When we talk about transformation, in modern astrology we have Pluto to represent.

As contradicting as I usually am, as I tend to think both ways and consider both at the same time:

"Ancient depictions often show Saturn holding the Uroborus, the serpent who eats its own tail, a symbol of eternal regeneration which forges birth and death into the endless cycle of past, present and future."
Since this is the traditional forum, then as explained earlier, Pluto is extraneous :smile:
.....I will address the principle tenets, since they go to the heart of the matter explaining why Pluto does not matter.

Principle #1:

Traditional Astrology is based upon scientific ideas that were re-discovered in the late 19th Century, and throughout 20th Century.

Principle #2:

Traditional Astrology is based upon Planets hurling or casting Rays.

It is a matter of irrefutable Science fact -- discovered in the last 115 years that all objects generate some form of radiation, even if only Black-Body Radiation. That was discovered in 1899, and you can thank Planck.....and Boltzman and Wien.

While Black-Body Radiation is certainly very fascinating, and it is applicable in Traditional Astrology, what we're interested in the radiation generated by the Planets

Our Sun generates a wide variety of electromagnetic radiation, but the Moon and the 5 Planets do not.............

......A very disingenuous claim was made that 18th Century astronomers discovered Planets mathematically by attempting to factor in gravity to predict orbital patterns, and not by "ray-casting."

If 18th Century astronomers had Vacuum Tubes or Transistors or Microchips, they would not have needed to rely on gravity, since those modern inventions lend themselves to devices that can detect electromagnetic radiation.

Principle #3:

Traditional Astrology is based upon Planets casting Light.

Granted, only Sun generates Light, however the Moon and the 5 Planets reflect Light, plus other electromagnetic radiation from the Sun (and Fixed Stars).

Factors that affect the ability of Moon and the 5 Planets to reflect light are:

Size of magnetosphere
Surface Albedo
Surface Reflectivity
Atmospheric Reflectivity
Distance from Sun
Relationship by Physical Location with respect to Sun

Principle #4:

Aspects between Moon and the 5 Planets strengthen or weaken the intensity of electromagnetic generation

The basic principle in Traditional Astrology is that a trine is strong and positive; a sextile weak and positive; a square weak and negative; while an opposition is strong and negative.

"However, it was decided to investigate the effects of all the planets from Mercury to Saturn, instead of only the major planets [Jupiter and Saturn] as they had done. The same heliocentric angular relationships of 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees were used and dates when any two or more planets were separated by one of these angles were recorded. Investigation quickly showed there was positive correlation between these planetary angles and transatlantic short-wave signal variations. Radio signals showed a tendency to become degraded within a day or two of planetary configurations of the type being studied. However, all configurations did not correspond to signal degradation. Certain configurations showed better correlation than others [60 degrees and 120 degrees]."

p.421 Nelson

"It is worthy of note that in 1949 when Jupiter and Saturn were spaced by 120 degrees, and solar activity was at a maximum, radio signals averaged of far higher quality for the year than in 1951 with Jupiter and Saturn at 180 degrees and a considerable decline in solar activity. In other words, the average quality curve of radio signals followed the cycle curve between Jupiter and Saturn rather than the sunspot curve."

p.424 Nelson

Okay, so it took 2,000+ years to figure out what people knew thousands of years ago....I guess modern Science deserves a pat on the back for their re-discovery, so they don't throw a temper tantrum and feel unloved.

Principle #5

Electromagnetic radiation affects People (all mammals).

gamma rays: cause cancer and mutations --- gammas were the driving force behind Evolution on Earth...as Natural Background Radiation (gammas and x-rays) has decreased, so too has the pace of Evolution

X-rays: damage to cells

Ultra-Violet (UV): damages surface cells (including skin cancer) and causes blindness

Visible Light: Our beautiful colors cause increased rates of premature skin aging and skin cancer

Infrared: skin burns

Microwaves: internal heating of body tissue, memory loss, cancer

Radio waves: harm body cells, prevalence of migraine, headache disorders, insomnia, frequent nose bleed, increase in white blood cells, tinnitus

Note how in particular, Radio Waves attack the Head/Brain.

When we say Radio Waves, we're talking about wave-lengths larger than microwaves, which are...

FM Radio --- includes portable phones, cell-phones, tablets, laptops et al

VHF Television
UHF Television
Short-Wave
AM Band --- and at the far end of the AM band is VLF (Very Low Frequency), ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) and ULF (Ultra-Low Frequency).

Okay, so putting it altogether, in Traditional Astrology, there are multiple sources generating electromagnetic radiation, including the Sun, Moon and 5 Planets, plus multiples sources reflecting electromagnetic radiation, and even fine-tuning that electromagnetic radiation through aspects like the sextile (60°), square (90°), trine (120°) and opposition (180°), and that affects Humans.

That's the science part.....

....Putting it all together....

The Traditional System is very simple: Celestial bodies which have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation, and also to reflect electromagnetic radiation from the Sun and from the other Planets to Earth and produce a noticeable affect proven by Science are used.

Celestial bodies that do not have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation, or to reflect electromagnetic radiation, or are sufficiently distant as to not interfere with electromagnetic radiation on Earth are ignored.

Telescopes are immaterial and irrelevant.

Telescopes do not cause Planets to produce electromagnetic radiation; telescopes do not cause Planets to reflect electromagnetic radiation; and finally, telescopes neither enhance nor degrade electromagnetic radiation.

Debunked.

Regarding the Transfer of Light (and Collection of Light): these are key concepts used in all charts in Traditional Astrology. In fact, I would even go as far as to suggest that what people think of as influence by the Outers are actually Transfers/Collections.

The number of threads on the Horary Forum on Collection/Transfer are too numerous too count.

Those concepts are critical to correct interpretation of Mundane and Mundane Event Charts (especially Forensic Charts).

Another Straw Man Fallacy introduced by when a poster suggested that Traditional Astrologers make use of a number factors that are not "visible to the naked eye."

The Argument: Pluto is not visible to the naked eye and that, plus several other factors prove Pluto has no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Bounds/Terms & Faces which are not visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Traditionals claim that Bounds/Terms & Faces modify the Planet, but have no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use House Cusps which are not visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Traditionals never claimed that House Cusps have power. House Cusps are an arbitrary system (at present) assisting in delineation by showing where certain Topical Matters spill over into other Topical Matters. Traditionals never claimed House Cusps affect affect People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Arabian Parts which are not visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Lots/Parts are mathematical calculations possibly originating from Lagrange Points. It is also possible that Lots/Parts are rooted in Planetary Ascendants. Traditionals have never claimed that Lots/Parts affect on People. The Lots/Parts only provide additional information on a Topic.

The Deception: Traditionals use the Moon's Nodes, which are not visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality:
The Head (North Node) and Tail (South Node) modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Signs, which are not visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Signs modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Degree Points such as Azieme (for disease), Pitted, Fortunate, Eminent, Empty, Dark, Shadowy and Bright, none of which are visible to the naked eye; and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Degree Points modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.

I hope we're clear on that now.

Another deceitful argument is the use of Fixed Stars.

Fixed Stars modify a Planet or Chart Point, but do not affect People. As it stands, the output of electromagnetic radiation in all forms from Algol, whether it be x-rays, gammas, ultra-violet, the color spectrum, infrared, microwave, radar, short-wave or long-wave is 10 times that of the Sun.

Do all Fixed Stars modify Planets? No, and there is no doubt some astrologers of both persuasions go way overboard with Fixed Star Stupidity.

An absurd suggestion was made that Traditionalists reject Pluto and other Bodies, because they do not figure into a Rulership Scheme.

Signs and Triplicities modify a Planet...but not People.

How a Planet functions depends on whether the Planet is Exalted, Domiciled, in-Sect Triplicity, Peregrine, in Detriment or in Fall. Those conditions are determined by Signs.

It is illogical and incredibly unscientific to claim that some Celestial Bodies are modified by Signs, and some are not.....

This points out the main flaw in Modern Astrology.

Moderns arbitrarily choose to accept or reject the use of other Planetary Bodies without any basis in fact, logic, reason or science.

Traditionalists do not arbitrarily reject the use of other Celestial Bodies, instead, Traditionalists universally apply science, logic and reason, based on whether a Celestial Body has the mass to generate electromagnetic radiation, and the ability to reflect light, and that it affects Earth and the People who inhabit Earth.....

....There is a Cause-and-Effect Relationship. The Cause is Electromagnetic Radiation, the Effect is how it interferes, relates, intones, conditions, or otherwise affects the Human Brain. Due to similarities in brain structure, it could affect all mammals, or at least those mammals that are "higher order" (whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea cows, sea lions, dogs, cats, horses etc).

Science can barely explain how the brain works, much less determine external or extrinsic factors that might affect the brain.

In spite of the fact that the Traditional View has been fully explained, ad infinitum ad nauseum, it is put forth by some that our view of the Solar System is outmoded....it is not.

We acknowledge the existence of the Outer Planets (and Asteroids and such), because they exist.

However, based on the aforementioned scientific evidence, there is no proof they impact People.

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that Pluto has a real affect on People. You have yet to present any evidence.

Maybe when you all agree on what Pluto actually means, and can consistently delineated Pluto in charts, then perhaps we'll have a basis to discuss the matter.

We are past the point of talking.

Talk is cheap. Where's the proof?

We know how the Traditional Planets act in certain Signs, and because we do, it allows us to make both judgments and predictions.

No one has been able to demonstrate how any of the Asteroids, Planetoids, Centaurs or Outer Planets consistently act in any charts of any kind.

Remember that the sole reason Astrology exists is to predict the Fate of Kings and Kingdoms. That fact that it may also be used to determine the fate of businesses, relationships, things and people does not alter the reality that Astrology was created to predict....Future Events.

If you want to predict Weekly Unemployment Claims for the United States, or to predict the Monthly Employment Situation, all you need is Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Lunar Ascendant (the Lot of Fortune).

Try to use Asteroids, Uranus, Neptun or Pluto and you'll fail...sure...you'll get lucky every once in a Blue Moon, because even a broken clock tells the correct time twice each day.

So...a little less talk....show, don't tell.

JUPITERASC

I know that's why it was only half to one sentence :surprised:. I like this thread unfortunately, it was moved to traditional forum. :crying: So I had to speak very carefully.
Regarding the concepts of 'good' and 'evil' poyi, obviously I would agree that there is both 'good' AND 'evil' in life
and so far as traditional astrology is concerned
then 'the two traditional malefics' are Mars and Saturn

The two benefics traditionally are Venus and Jupiter :smile:

Of course there are more layers to add, but basically obviously since BOTH good AND evil exist in anyone's life,
THEN it's describable using astrology

Linzul

It is not.

The 11th House represents community groups. The 12th House is the derived 2nd House to the 11th House, meaning that the 12th House is the second House from the 11th House.

Since the 2nd House signifies wealth and finances, regardless, then for all community based groups of the 11th House, the 12th House signifies the wealth and finances of those groups, but charity would actually come from the 6th House, the opposite of the 12th, since the 6th House is the derived 8th House of the 11th House, representing income from other sources.

That's all I have to say about that.

I almost quoted the entire post just to make people scroll through it, but I thought better of it. Deserves a slow clap or something, that was a lot of info and I read every word. I think the internet is the enemy of in many ways regarding lesser known topics such as astrology, google is great for "Virgos are prissy perfectionists!" and other such Cosmo magazine gems but not much else.

poyi

Premium Member
What Bob said is correct that is the way traditional astrologer see 12th house as the income of 11th house Community. I don't have problem with that. In modern astrology, people will just directly say 12th house rules Charity, that is also fine for me.

Traditional astrologers and Modern astrologers think very different in a lot of ways. I am more toward the Modern astrology for sure. I do have both side of textbooks at home though (I have 90 books and waiting more shipping). I often cross references both schools of astrology.

Ptolemy, William Lilly are both traditional astrology representatives many predictive method are based on them but yet some traditional astrology members don't agree with these teachers. So sometime I really wonder who is good enough for the traditional astrologer these days...

I think I had enough of arguments in this thread. Is time for me to go now.:wink:

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Well... I gave you the details with references. I can't help to you read them for you.

The simple answer is the original people (the ancient, Greeks, Indians, Babylonian, Egyptians, even the Mayans) they created and designed Astrology, the symbols they chose to use based on the marking of Seasons. To them Sun is the Good God, and the one who ate the Sun away (shorten Sunlight) in Winter time was considered to be the Evil God, the marking of death of all plants and decrease numbers of animals and birth of animals. Simple. Read it yourself.

You have to look back why people used to think that way. To majority of the people in the Past, the king, the authoritative people, the governors abused the general public, even in modern time is still the same the misuse of power and status. Power and Status are ruled by Saturn, so since the ancient time, people psychological link the both together. If you study the history of demons particularly in Western culture, Goat has always been used as the symbol of Evil.

There are too many resources available for you to read. I don't have I have any more patience for this topic for you.

The operative words being, look back why people used to thnk that way. This is 2013 and not millenia ago. For anyone to infer winter is evil in this day, is not worthy of comment.

In general abuse and abuse of power is not solely a saturn thing by any means.
You might want to read Liz Greenes Saturn a new look at an old devil, quote enlightening and from all I read, the positives of Saturn now overwhelm the old discredited negatives. Granted, some in some cultures are stuck in limbo with superstitions and fears of witches, demons and ghouls, something which debilitates life, all that requires is research and education to dispel. Who would want to be terrified by non entities? Who benefits? Rhetorical question, dont need an answer.

PS Bob, thank you for your awesome insight, knowledge and explanations of so much. respect.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I almost quoted the entire post just to make people scroll through it, but I thought better of it. Deserves a slow clap or something, that was a lot of info and I read every word.

I think the internet is the enemy of in many ways regarding lesser known topics such as astrology, google is great for "Virgos are prissy perfectionists!" and other such Cosmo magazine gems but not much else
The internet is certainly full of conflicting and contradictory information on many subjects, including astrology, which causes confusion :smile:
.....Yes, well stated.

It is important to distinguish "optimum time"
from
"best time,"
since they are not necessarily the same thing.
Exactly. the "optimum time" - according to planetary configurations of an Electional chart -
to contact a client
could be at what is for them at that moment, an inappropriate time
....for whatever reason
THEREFORE
An electional astrologer uses the
"best time"

The
"optimum time" for a purchase could be when the shop is however unfortunately closed
So one uses the
"best time" that can be found available during opening hours :smile:

chris10

Am i living in another country?
Obviously ... unless you flunked Modern Greek History in Highschool....
Just kidding :wink:

It was my mistake. Sorry about that.
I didn't define what I meant by recent years ...

I definitely didn't mean the 90s.

I apologize I apologize I apologize (it's with a "z" in the States and with an "s" in Britain ... don't accuse me of not spelling it correctly)

I checked your profile for your chart. I didn't find your chart there. I don't have time to check your posts to find it.

It doesn't matter, you are probably very young, so you surely wouldn't know.

Anyway check your History Books on Modern Greek History.

The fact is that my mother attended elementary school, high school, university
from 1960 - 1976. Three of her teachers were also priests.

My grandfather attended elementary school and high school 1940- 1952. Almost all his teachers were also priests.

I could even ask for teachers-priests' names if you are interested, the year they taught and the schools. Both, my mother and grandfather have excellent memory.

Here is a link that is enlightening

http://olympia.gr/2012/06/03/παπάς-και-δάσκαλος-μαζί/

Σε περίπτωση λοιπόν που ένας ιερέας είναι ξαφνικά εργαζόμενος θα μπορεί να εργαστεί με το ράσο του; Αν είναι δάσκαλος ή γιατρός τότε θα μπορεί γιατί μέχρι και σήμερα κάτι τέτοιο ισχύει. (Εκτός κι αν στην περίπτωση του δασκάλου το νέο πολυπολιτισμικό σχολείο θεωρήσει ότι το ράσο προσβάλλει όσα παιδιά είναι αλλόθρησκα.) Τι θα γίνει όμως στην περίπτωση που ένας ιερέας για να εξασφαλίσει τα προς το ζην αναλάβει μια θέση σε μια υπηρεσία, μια επιχείρηση ή ασκήσει ένα χειρωνακτικό επάγγελμα; Μήπως απαιτηθεί να βγάλει το ράσο προκειμένου να εξισωθεί με τους συναδέλφους και τους συνεργάτες του;

DreamingTheSeas

I am 44, so my school years were from 1975 to 1987 and no priest-teacher on my years. But the fact that a priest who had a degree on maths or on philosophy e.t.c. could be a teacher is something i know. But he had to have a diplomat from university to be qualified, he was not teacher because he was priest.

hey chris 10, i hope that you were kidding when you apologized to me, otherwise i need to apologize for your apologizes and blah blah.

Last edited:

DreamingTheSeas

That's terrible, and wrong. It's like telling people it's okay to use the 11th House as career, reputation, standing and fame, when it's really the 10th House that signifies those things.

It's important for people to understand why things are the way they are.

Why is the 11th House Trust & Confidence?

Because the 11th House is the second House from the 10th House, and the 10th House is your career, reputation, standing, fame etc, so the 11th House is those things that support your career, reputation etc etc etc.

If you are going to be a leader of anything, whether its a prime minister or president, the CEO of a corporation, the president of a private corporate, a troop leader in the military, a manager, supervisor or foreperson at any business or factory, then....

...you must place your Trust & Confidence in people.

So, the 11th House is Friends? No, the 5th House is Friends, but the 11th House is Confidants.

We all do, but you won't learn much using the wrong Houses, and when you've been around for a while, you'll realize there's nothing really new, rather it's just something else that's been repackaged.

Bob, could you please tell us about Houses and what they are? I think some of us are not having clear and we are a bit confused. Ok, I AM CONFUSED.
You said 5th house is Friends, since you came back (thanks for the comeback) you made it clear that gambling and sex and affairs or any other romantic stuff had nothing to do with 5th house. I got that. Now with friends and 5th house i'm confused again. Because i thought that 5th house is representing our children.

JUPITERASC

.....I think there's a misunderstanding of what "good" and "evil" actually mean in Traditional Astrology.

The Benefic Planets -- Jupiter & Venus -- when well-placed and in good condition
result in attainment with little or no effort....

everything is easy....

everything, whether its gaining wealth, attaining fame, having children, raising children, dying, recovering from injuries or illnesses, and in the 8th House for a woman, the ease of child-birth and such.

That is the essence of good.....Beneficence.

The Malefic Planets -- Saturn & Mars -- when well-placed and in good condition
still permit the Native to attain things, but only through difficulties, struggles, and other misfortunes....
it's never easy.

Should the Malefics have reign over Wealth, sure, the Native will get wealth,
but in doing so, ruin their relationships with spouses, children, lose their friends along the way,

or they might even lose their health...
they might even die because of it.

And that is true for everything in the chart ---
if they control 10th House Matters, you might be famous, but only through hard work and sacrifice, and probably a lot of sorrow;

children, it might be difficult to have children or when you do, they bring you sorrow;

you'll have relationships, but always with difficulties and troubles.

That is the essence of evil..Maleficence.....
Clearly then, "good" and "evil" are based on planetary placement and planetary condition

So

planets may be in good condition
and thus able to bring easy/
"good" results that are favorable to the native

or

planets may be in bad condition
and thus able to bring difficult/
"bad" results that are unfavorable to the native

Thanks for the elucidation
btw - which JMO clearly illustrates that Traditional Astrology's duo of allegedly baleful malefics i.e. Mars and Saturn

might even 'be the good guys' of a natal chart

BECAUSE the results they bring to the native
are entirely dependent on their condition and placement in an individual's natal chart :smile:

*emma*

Banned
@ Bob

perhaps Liz Greenes writing was not a good example, It was the first thng that came into my head when thinking about positive lights on Saturn instead of the woe betide you usual stuff. Must say I found her hard to follow/quite unnecessarily dense, but that was the only reason.....perhaps careful what you read is better advice
:biggrin:

I hadnt realised Jung was such a damage agent.....but one thing I have learnt from experience is the theory and meaning of synchronicity can mess people up! JMHO

wilsontc

Staff member
Get back on topic

All,

I have deleted the attacks and the responses to the attacks. Even though those posts contained astrology, they are against the rules of the AW Forum. If you want to repost your information without attacks, you are welcome to. In order to decide if something is an attack, imagine the comment directed at you. If you would be insulted, angered, threatened, etc. then the post is an attack. I will continue to delete posts as needed to ensure that members are not attacking other members. It's OK to disagree, just find a way to do it without personally attacking others.

Back on topic,

Tim

Linzul

Linzul, in answer to your question:

a rule specifically for the Traditional forum and for the Traditional forum only
is there BECAUSE traditionally, the outer planets are not needed for chart delineation.

Today, as in ancient times, the VISIBLE planets that are visible in the night skies are
Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and the Sun is visible during the day.
These are the 7 Visible Planets that are easily seen by those with normal vision
without any necessity for artificial aids such as telescopes.

The 7 visible planets have been used in chart delineation for at least two thousand years.

Clay tablets confirm that the 7 visible planets have been observed for at least approximately ten thousand years...
and in fact the Mayan Calendar's use of observations of the planet Venus provides stunning accuracy

The outers were 'discovered'/'noticed' recently so their use is an experimental part of modern astrology,
also there is no consensus amongst modern astrologers regarding their 'effects'.

There is no mention of the outers in Traditional astrological texts written by ancient masters of astrology,
therefore obviously there is simply no need for their use on a Traditional forum.
The following table has been used by astrologers for at least one and a half thousand years
as a Study Aid in the determination of planetary dignity and debility - notice that the outers are entirely absent

dignities2.gif

source of the above table: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

I have to ask since Traditional astrology is new to me then how to interpret empty houses? My 8th and 5th are empty, and searching has brought up the planetary ruler of the sign the house falls on. For my 8th it's Mercury which is easy enough, but 5th is Pisces. Presumably ruled by Jupiter by Traditional standards? Would a Traditional astrologer even interpret an empty House this way, planetary governance by sign or is google messing with me? Thanks for the chart!!

Related bummer: I had my spiritual side "all figured out" with 5th house ruler Moon aspects laid out on a Modern chart. Back to the drawing board, but is it safe to assume the 9th House and religion are tied together more academically and 5th is more about the spiritual side of religion?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I have to ask since Traditional astrology is new to me then how to interpret empty houses? My 8th and 5th are empty, and searching has brought up the planetary ruler of the sign the house falls on. For my 8th it's Mercury which is easy enough, but 5th is Pisces. Presumably ruled by Jupiter by Traditional standards? Would a Traditional astrologer even interpret an empty House this way, planetary governance by sign or is google messing with me? Thanks for the chart!!

Related bummer: I had my spiritual side "all figured out" with 5th house ruler Moon aspects laid out on a Modern chart. Back to the drawing board, but is it safe to assume the 9th House and religion are tied together more academically and 5th is more about the spiritual side of religion?
5th being Pisces
Jupiter is traditional domicile ruler of Pisces
with Venus the Exalted ruler of Pisces
so the sign and house location of natal Jupiter and natal Venus
as well as their aspects to other natal planets,
all have an influence regarding matters of Pisces 5th house :smile: