Should I move?

scorpika

Dear Star Gazers,

My query is: Should I move? In other words, would I be better off somewhere else? (I had asked the question a couple of weeks ago but I'm only posting it now)

I'm Virgo ASC at critical 22° represented by Mercury at critical 0° Leo in the 11th House of Hope and Wishes.

The move is represented by the 7th House cusp in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and/or Neptune. Jupiter is in the 11th House, conjunct Mercury (my significator), and combust by the Sun. Neptune is exalted, but RX in Pisces in the 6th House of daily chores, routine, ill health.

The Moon, my secondary significator and ruler of the question, is Libra in the 1st House, indicating a focus on myself. The Moon is in applying 4° square with Pluto RX in the 4th House.

Please help me understand what the stars are indicating.

Thanks for reading.
Dear Star Gazers,

My query is: Should I move? In other words, would I be better off somewhere else? (I had asked the question a couple of weeks ago but I'm only posting it now)

I'm Virgo ASC at critical 22° represented by Mercury at critical 0° Leo in the 11th House of Hope and Wishes.

The move is represented by the 7th House cusp in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and/or Neptune. Jupiter is in the 11th House, conjunct Mercury (my significator), and combust by the Sun. Neptune is exalted, but RX in Pisces in the 6th House of daily chores, routine, ill health.

The Moon, my secondary significator and ruler of the question, is Libra in the 1st House, indicating a focus on myself. The Moon is in applying 4° square with Pluto RX in the 4th House.

Please help me understand what the stars are indicating.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_84_should_i_move_hr.28322.4351.jpg
    astro_2gw_84_should_i_move_hr.28322.4351.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 48

scorpika

I'm taking the ASC/1st House cusp to signify my current place/situation and the 7th House cusp the new place. The respective significators are Mercury and Jupiter in the 11th House of wishes and hopes, both in Leo. There is an applying conjunction from Mercury to Jupiter so the answer should be affirmative, right?

venuschild

Banned
I love your dedication and the way you post your horoscopes, keep up the fine work!

Where you want to go, the 7th, ruled by Jupiter is combust.

Mercury is also under combustion but Not as much as is felt by Jupiter.

Jupiter is more than under the beams, he is COMBUST!

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewto...9ffd40939033ba

http://books.google.com/books?id=msI...n'&f=false

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5089

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9143507AAbNV5B

Lilly says in CAII

"A Planet is said to be Combust of the Sun, when in the same Sign where the Sun is in, he is not distant from the Sun eight degrees and thirty minutes, either before or after the Sun; as Jupiter in the tenth degree of Aries, and Sun in the eighteenth of Aries; here Jupiter is Combust."

Of course, one has to weigh in Antiscia, the essential dignities and debilities contrasted to the accidental dignities and debilities found on page 115 of Christian Astrology I, for more accuracy!

You will learn much from this text:

51WtDPzNfmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Honoured to see an artist whom is on their way to horary greatness; so few have crossed over unlike yourself but eventually all will get there!

Stay where you are unless those methods I mentioned conclude otherwise!

scorpika

Venuschild, thanks for pointing me to additional resources. There is so much stuff I still need to learn and grasp.

So, just to recap: both significators are combust. The 7th, i.e. the new place, more so than the 1st, i.e. the current location. In other words, as much as things suck at my current place, things would suck even more at the new location -- I apologize for my language but I couldn't find better words to convey the state of things at the moment.

Harold

The Part of Fortune is in a fixed sign. Stay where you are.

Its a beautiful part of the world - you could be a lot worse!

scorpika

Hi Harold,

It's certainly a beautiful country but an inept and corrupt government, unemployment, high taxes, red tape, and other things make a lot of people want to flee

I used to live abroad, in one of the most beautiful places on earth, but had to move back to my home country.

I will move again, I don't know when. Otherwise I'll end up under a brigde as I seem unable to find gainful employment over here while the cost of living continues to skyrocket.

I have POF in my H9 natally :)

Harold

"Should I...?" questions are actually very difficult to answer using horary astrology. The natal chart is usually a much better route to this sort of question.

POF in H9 means that on the one hand, your fortune is to travel to other lands, but the other side of that coin is that once settled in a foreign land and that place becomes H3/H4, you feel the itch to move on again.

As for high taxes, corruption, red tape etc. well, isn't that the same everywhere?

A short story by way of a diversion:

An old man was leaning on his gate, watching the world pass by, when a young couple came up to him and greeted him. "We are having to move to this town," they said. "What are the people like here?"

"What are the people like where you come from?" The old man asked.

"Oh, they are just the kindest, most helpful people you will find on God's earth!" The woman replied. "We only have to move here because my husband's job is relocating here."

"Well, you will find the people in this town just like the folks where you come from," smiled the old man. "Good luck to you!"

And then, by and by, another couple approached the old man as he lent on his gate. "What are the people like here?" The woman asked guardedly. "My husband has been offered a job here and if he takes it, we will have to move half way across the country."

"What are the people like where you come from?" The old man asked.

"Agh, I can't wait to move," the man replied. "The people in the town we come from are horrible people, who are always trying to steal from us and make trouble for us by telling false stories to the authorities. Try as we might to be friendly, they have never accepted us into their community."

The old man shrugged his shoulders. "Well, you will find the people in this town just like the folks where you come from. But good luck to you anyway."

The moral of this story is easy to see...

scorpika

My natal chart is pretty horrific! :sad:

"As for high taxes, corruption, red tape etc. well, isn't that the same everywhere?"

Not as bad as here. At least compared to the country I would move. :)

Yes, I get your drift...

Shanti

Hi Scorpica

I looked at your horary chart from the Vedic angle.

It does not look like a move.

---The Vedic ascendant is leo
The actual house is 4th (not 7th in Vedic system).
4th ruler is Mars.
Sun(you) and Mars (home issues) is separating from each other.

---The 1st house ruler Sun is in 12th house which is a negative factor.
---4th house ruler Mars is afflicted.

Best wishes

scorpika

Thank you very much for looking at my horary from the Vedic perspective, Shanti. :)

As a follow-up question, how long is a horary chart good for? I've heard conflicting views on the topic. Some say 3-9 months, some say indefinetely, some say until new facts emerge.

Thanks!

Shanti

Thank you very much for looking at my horary from the Vedic perspective, Shanti. :)

As a follow-up question, how long is a horary chart good for? I've heard conflicting views on the topic. Some say 3-9 months, some say indefinetely, some say until new facts emerge.

Thanks!

Yes...it's different sayings. The authorities I follow say near future, upto maximum 1 year. So it seems to not be edged in stone....

Best wishes

tikana

Shanti

maybe! But there is a chart in Ivy Goldstein's book When WW2 will be over?
I think the chart was ran either in 1939 or 1940. The timing got down to April May of 1945

Again it depends on a question.