Reception in an Orgy, Etc.

Joseph Ledzion

Did you know that Reception can occur in an Orgy?

For example, as I write this we have (the):

1. Moon in Cancer
2. Mercury in Taurus
3. Jupiter in Aquarius

This 3 way Reception occurs strictly by Exaltation, as the Moon is pleased in Taurus; Mercury is pleased in Aquarius and Jupiter is pleased in Cancer.

This, as stated, can also occur with even more planets added to the party.

For example, I have a client born 7-31-82 @ 01:05:00 in Buffalo, NY. In his chart you will see he has (the):

1. Moon in Sagittarius
2. Venus in Cancer
3. Mars in Libra
4. Jupiter in Scorpio

This 4 way Reception occurs strictly by Domicile, as the Moon is home in Cancer; Venus is home in Libra; Mars is home in Scorpio; Jupiter is home in Sagittarius.

If planets are in Aspect to each other, they are likely to be the most active of the bunch. It is said by Medieval astrologers that in order for a Reception to occur at all, the planets MUST be in aspect to each other. That was the whole deal. And so Jupiter in Capricorn and Saturn in Sagittarius would not be considered in Mutual Reception, because they are adjacent signs, and adjacent signs do not aspect one another. Instead, this was known as Generosity, a form of Reception, but not quite as powerful. Nevertheless, it is quite active, I am sure.

I have found that Reception or Generosity between more than 2 planets/signs is indeed an extremely fortunate occurrence, especially when none of the planets are in their Fall or Detriment, and that they form aspects to each other, and are present on any of the 4 Angles.

The Multiple Reception indicates that many different facets of life fused together, and able to exchange "words" amongst themselves as to the proper course of action. Instead of words, we can use the classical term Rays. This Reception likely indicates some laziness, similar to that of a Grand Trine, which is an Aspect Pattern.

This concept of Multiple Reception is particularly important, because in certain various horoscopy, especially horary, Reception by orgy may give amnesty to certain Significators who were otherwise thought to be peregrine.

It takes either a good software program or a great eye to spot these occurrences, and I for one, wear glasses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Also, since we are so close to the topic -- let us address the concept of "Mixed Reception." This is when one Planet finds Reception by visiting an Exaltation of another, and in turn that Planet finds Reception by visiting the Domicile of the Planet to whom he is receiving by Exaltation. The term "mixing" of course comes from mixing Domicile and Exaltation. William Lilly noted this in Christian Astrology.

Our example is from my own natal chart, where we see (the):

1. Moon in Scorpio
2. Mars in Taurus

This 2 way Reception occurs by "Mixed Reception," as the Moon is Exalted in Taurus where he is pleased; Mars is in his Domicile in Scorpio, where he is at home.

This is not as powerful as Reception by purely Exaltation or Domicile, yet it is nevertheless quite strong.

Remarkably in my instance, the Reception between these two planets is considerably valid, because there are two other forms of Reception occurring, for a total of three ways they receive each other.

The other two are: Reception by Triplicity and Reception by Face. This is using the Chaldean order of the planets.

Because Mars is on an Angle, and because these two Planets are in Aspect (by Opposition, applying 9*), there is an extremely potent exchange of courage and steadiness, although as one would expect, it took many years to settle into this more stable pattern than what is normally encouraged by any Moon-Mars Opposition.

This is because the Final Dispositer of the chart has the last word in the life of the native. The Mars-Moon Opposition was active in its aggressive, rash behavior early in my life; later things came to settle in their Dispositorships, as does a Moon in Taurus emotionally, and a Mars in Scorpio energetically.

Questions? Comments? Feedback?

Joseph

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi there,
Joseph I moved this thread from the Education Board to here, as you are inviting a discussion and we only post information on the Ed Board. Of course, an Article could well develop out of this discussion and I think your work is interesting and helpful to many of us.
Thanks
Lillyjgc

pwadm

Staff member
Good and interesting post.

I never thought at these multiple receptions in chain, very interesting though.

From what I researched so far mutual receptions with aspect between 2 planets are very very powerful indeed. For instance, in the chart of the most famous Russian military leader and strategist that never lost a battle from the 40 he had fought in (I don't remember his name) there was a Mercury-Mars sextile with Mars in Virgo and Mercury in Scorpio. So the MR aspects are extremely functional aspects. The chart owner manages to find great ways to make any situation work, based on the wise collaboration between planets involved.

So, based on this I tried to find the combinations of signs/planets where planets could good aspects in mutual reception and avoiding having these planets debilitated by sign in the same time, for electional works. As you say, weak planets cannot perform (I once tried a Moon in Scorpio - Mars in Cancer trine election - it didn't work at all).
Not many choices, I tell you, there are really just a few such events.

The most common and easy to find and use are those involving the Moon such as the Venus - Moon sextile with Venus in Cancer and the Moon in Taurus or the Mercury - Moon sextile with Mercury in Cancer and the Moon in Virgo, that occur once every year.
There is also a Sun-Mars trine in early 2010 with the Sun in Aries and Mars in Leo - that's totally powerful, energetic and firey, proper for instance for a sports venture.
A Venus in Aquarius - Saturn in Libra trine in January 2010.

Mars, Mercury or Saturn have no such MR aspects in the next years.
The Sun, Mercury, and Venus cannot possibly have such aspects.
Venus and Mars cannot form MR aspects without at least one of them being in detriment or fall.
Jupiter will not be involved in such aspects for the years to come.

You're saying:
I have found that Reception or Generosity between more than 2 planets/signs is indeed an extremely fortunate occurrence, especially when none of the planets are in their Fall or Detriment, and that they form aspects to each other, and are present on any of the 4 Angles.

And I believe that for this to work best, they ALL should be connected by aspects, preferably in the form of a certain chart configuration, such as a minor triangle or a pyramid, or any other.

Could it be that the more you planets in chain mutual reception, the more powerful the effect? Such as 3 planets would act more energetic than 2 and so on?

It takes either a good software program or a great eye to spot these occurrences, and I for one, wear glasses.
A small program to compute all possible combinations shouldn't be hard to make...

Joseph Ledzion

Radu said:
Could it be that the more you planets in chain mutual reception, the more powerful the effect? Such as 3 planets would act more energetic than 2 and so on?

That's an interesting concept, and while we are theorizing here, it is not without merit. For indeed, it is not a stretch to declare that if all 7 planets are in Reception with one another, the native or event would be be blessed with a total transposition of energy, resulting in the ability to infinitely translate. Stretching this abstraction into an even deeper metaphysical stipulation, we could conclude that the sum of the parts would transcend into the whole, and this occurrence would be comparable to the Hellenistic Thema Mundi, which is the said position of the planets, at the creation of the universe.

ThemaMundi.png

Thank you for the wonderful input concerning the possibilities in Reception. I really appreciate reading what someone has taken the time to figure out, especially when it is rigorously directed in an area I am not so keen upon... as in the whole math/probability thing! I'm all theory, it seems.

I also note, my beloved sister has the Reception of which you speak. The Moon in Virgo is Sextile Mercury in Cancer. She teaches math in high school. Also in her chart, Venus is conjunct that Mercury in Cancer, and they are both conjunct the DC within a few degrees. They square the 1981 Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in Libra, her 10th house. Of course, because this occurs in the early degrees of the Cardinal Modality, Pluto, upon entering Capricorn, crossed her Ascendant, forming a T-Square to Mercury/Venus and Jupiter/Saturn. She is being treated for throat Cancer, from which my father passed.

Prayers not Planets!

Joseph

starlink

Hello again Joseph, I hardly dare enter this discussion but I am so intrigued by it, I cannot stay away from it and I have a question.

How about an orgy of planets in their detriment or fall ? Would this then really harm a chart I wonder. And how often would it happen to find three planets in detriment and also aspecting one another, like a T-square between Venus in Aries opposed to Mars in Libra and both square Saturn in Cancer.
And just imagine all three on an angle as well!! How would we explain this? An extremely potent exchange of our detrimental energies resulting in utter impossible behavior towards others?

Next thing which caught my (also impeded )eyesight.I am farsighted:)

This is because the Final Dispositer of the chart has the last word in the life of the native.

This has made me hopeful, ahum... Modernly speaking for a moment: Asc, in Scorpio, Pluto in Leo, Sun in Taurus, Venus in Aries, Mars in Aries, so Mars is my final dispositor right? If I do it traditionally, then we finish quickly: Ascendant ruler Mars and Mars in Aries, full stop!

Now "having the last word in life", what do you mean by that and how would I express this you think. Mars trines MC and sextiles Uranus and inconjuncts Moon in 12. I hope it shows some physical strength as Mars rules my 6th and is situated in my 5th. or at least the strength, mentally as well as physically, to overcome severe illness. (I do have a nasty t-square between Sun in 6 opposed to Moon in 12 and both square modern.Asc. ruler Pluto.).

But that is not really what I am after. Just would like to know what you consider "having the last word".

Hope my simple (compared to you guys) questions wont sound too silly.

Thanks for yet a new lesson!

By the way, I strongly sympathise with your sister and really hope her treatment will help her beating this terrible illness.

Starlink

Last edited:

Joseph Ledzion

starlink said:
How about an orgy of planets in their detriment or fall ? Would this then really harm a chart I wonder. And how often would it happen to find three planets in detriment and also aspecting one another, like a T-square between Venus in Aries opposed to Mars in Libra and both square Saturn in Cancer.

And just imagine all three on an angle as well!! How would we explain this? An extremely potent exchange of our detrimental energies resulting in utter impossible behavior towards others?

Ascendant (Scorpio) ruler Mars; and Mars in Aries.

Now "having the last word in life", what do you mean by that and how would I express this?

Mars rules the 6th. Mars trines MC. I hope it shows some strength mentally, as well as physically, to overcome severe illness.

(I do have a nasty t-square between Sun in 6 opposed to Moon in 12 and both square modern.Asc. ruler Pluto.).

But that is not really what I am after. Just would like to know what you consider "having the last word".

By the way, I strongly sympathise with your sister and really hope her treatment will help her beating this terrible illness.

Starlink

Starlink,

Yes, the T-Square you described is just about the one of the most difficult things for a person to have in their chart. These are severe debilities which translate of course into a life that plays out these implications symbolically.

Planets that are debilitated (in detriment or fall) have everything working against them.

Yet at the same time, this aspect breeds awareness. It is like prayer itself, a need for God, or a Higher Power, to replace the sense of devastation. The native has the option of using their Will to battle and overcome limitations, or utterly collapse into suffering. In other words, charts that are filled with the most hideous configurations, such as the one you have described, are the ones that are healing to the soul. It is possible that this lifetime is one where there is an attempt to make amends for a lot of karma in the past. The person is tempted to cave in, always, and depending on the nature of the Lunar Nodes, we could make a few predictions about whether they will succeed or not in transcending the past.

Because I study and apply the classical foundations of astrology, the outer planets serve a special role which perhaps I will discuss at length some other time; but for now, the outer planets are going to be ignored. They are beyond the personality, that is why. If you want to reach higher consciousness, we will include them in a separate view, because the outer planets are related to your generation.

I also use the original house system, Whole Sign Houses, which means that Mars in Aries is in your 6th house. When I first started using Whole Sign Houses, it immediately solved a great deal of the errors I was making, and most certainly caused the difficulty of arbitrary considerations to vanish.

~poof!~

The problem is that I am unaware if your chart is Diurnal or Nocturnal. Is the Sun above or below the horizon?

At night, this is a very powerful Mars, with a ton of motivation and desire for immediate action to solve the problems of life. Furthermore, Mars is Oriental, which means that it Rises before the Sun -- a Morning Star. This gives the ego (the Sun in Taurus) the ability to follow the lead of a most dignified planet, and can be very useful when the energy is properly directed. This position needs to be mindful not to be too sudden as to cause injury, especially to the head. It indicates the ability to quickly heal.

I feel that this is one of those instances where I'd really have to see the chart to be able to make a judgement. But I'll continue with a few comments which may be useful.

According to Medieval doctrines, the only time when it is not fortunate to have a planet in its Dignity, is when it is in a unfortunate house, or ruling an unfortunate house. Especially, I add, the 12th house, the most unfortunate of all the houses. The 6th house is not much better, however, ruling over illness, diseases, slavery, work, submission, a compromised status etc.

It is far better to have the ruler of the 12th, 8th and 6th houses to be very weak, because this indicates that the themes of death and suffering are very low. Since your ruler is so strong, it indicates they are present in your life.

However, the 6th house is the Joy of Mars. You lucked out -- Mars loves it here! Especially in his own Sign, and especially at nighttime when he is granted permission to do his thing according to the law of Sect.

(I saw your photograph and would guess that you are a day birth; you are very sunny)

Aries on the 6th means that one is prone to fevers, headaches, sudden rushes of blood to the head, dizziness, fainting spells, head injuries, cuts, bruises, bumps, red skin, rashes and a receding hairline. etc.

I have come across this exact same instance in my own work with clients. Mars in its own Sign and its Joy, and while in Sect appears to be very fortunate. Mars, while being a malefic planet, is rather useful here, serving a strong role in this position, although this drive a person has may still tend to leave the native in a submissive role in society, or working with injuries. My client, for example, was a gym teacher, a profession commonly mocked, yet nevertheless she was extremely good at what she did. My X lover, had Mars in Capricorn in the 6th, and she is a fitness instructor and phlebotomist.

The final situation will depend on many more variables, and so I cannot really say.

Nonetheless, this is a strong position to overcome all illnesses. In fact, all Cardinal signs on the Cusp of the 6th indicate good health, while all Mutable signs on the Cusp of the 6th indicate poor health. This is true in horary and natal astrology. This has a lot to do with the Will of the person.

The final word, or final cause, means that the story ends well. Successful in what the final dispositor indicates, whether that be teaching (Mercury) or with money (Venus) or in victory in war (Mars), etc. A positively placed final dispositor, meaning, on an Angle, placed in the proper Sect and not hindered by malefics, or is a malefic, in accord with certain other considerations can indicate a peaceful death, for example. Generally,

Rather scattered in my writing, I am sorry, but hopefully one tiny synapse was formed in a brain which will lead help open the door to the Light and Wisdom of the Universe and the Experience of Infinite Love. If so, I have a succeeded.

Thank you for your positive thinking towards my wonderful sister, all of you.

Joseph

starlink

Yes, the T-Square you described is just about the one of the most difficult things for a person to have in their chart. These are severe debilities which translate of course into a life that plays out these implications symbolically.

I am glad it is not in my chart then, although I do have a difficult one between Moon in Scorpio in 12 (ouch!!) square Pluto in Leo in 9 and opposed to Sun in Taurus (also weak) in the 6th!

Planets that are debilitated (in detriment or fall) have everything working against them.

My Venus is also in detriment (Aries) but in the 5th (her Joy right?). I cannot say that it has been working against me so much, I see it far more reflected in my son who has a difficult life. Daughter is an Aries (Asc,Leo), so that strong Mars is quite appropriate for her.

Yet at the same time, this aspect breeds awareness. It is like prayer itself, a need for God, or a Higher Power, to replace the sense of devastation. The native has the option of using their Will to battle and overcome limitations, or utterly collapse into suffering. In other words, charts that are filled with the most hideous configurations, such as the one you have described, are the ones that are healing to the soul. It is possible that this lifetime is one where there is an attempt to make amends for a lot of karma in the past. The person is tempted to cave in, always, and depending on the nature of the Lunar Nodes, we could make a few predictions about whether they will succeed or not in transcending the past.

Oh, now this is interesting! Although I do not have that particular T.square we are talking about, mine is not much better I think and what you describe above is very true for me. I know from that placement in 12 AND Chiron (square Saturn) there as well in my chart that this shows lots of pain and what not. But I just dont feel like I have suffered! So I probably have used it to heal. My NN is, according to Astroteacher, dignified at 2° Gemini so maybe that has helped me then in transcending the past. Either that, or I swept it all under the carpet of my unconscious mind:)! I remember hardly anything up till I was 12!

Because I study and apply the classical foundations of astrology, the outer planets serve a special role which perhaps I will discuss at length some other time; Great! but for now, the outer planets are going to be ignored. They are beyond the personality, that is why. If you want to reach higher consciousness, we will include them in a separate view, because the outer planets are related to your generation.

I also use the original house system, Whole Sign Houses, which means that Mars in Aries is in your 6th house. When I first started using Whole Sign Houses, it immediately solved a great deal of the errors I was making, and most certainly caused the difficulty of arbitrary considerations to vanish.

Whole sign, oh dear. That means that my Venus then also falls in that 6th house of mine. You really find this system so good? I much more sympathise with my Mars and Venus in my 5th then in my 6th really. I am one big creative bag full of ideas and I absolutely love to dance, paint, sing, etc. which are so much 5th house. Oh well, you might find it somewhere else in my chart then most probably!

~poof!~

The problem is that I am unaware if your chart is Diurnal or Nocturnal. Is the Sun above or below the horizon?
Nocturnal! I was born 19.46.

At night, this is a very powerful Mars, with a ton of motivation and desire for immediate action to solve the problems of life. thank God for that than, at least one strong planet :)Very true in my case. I never leave things to the next day, just cant do it.

Furthermore, Mars is Oriental, which means that it Rises before the Sun -- a Morning Star. This gives the ego (the Sun in Taurus) the ability to follow the lead of a most dignified planet, and can be very useful when the energy is properly directed. This position needs to be mindful not to be too sudden as to cause injury, especially to the head. It indicates the ability to quickly heal.
Also true, I heal very easily and I always bang my head against something. I must have some blind spot there. As a baby I also fell from the babytable and had to be rushed to hospital . Must have been a big hit to the head as well.

I feel that this is one of those instances where I'd really have to see the chart to be able to make a judgement. I will upload it in my images. But I'll continue with a few comments which may be useful.

According to Medieval doctrines, the only time when it is not fortunate to have a planet in its Dignity, is when it is in a unfortunate house, or ruling an unfortunate house. Oh no! There goes my nice strong Mars down the toilet!(seen from a whole house perspective of course)
Especially, I add, the 12th house, the most unfortunate of all the houses. The 6th house is not much better, however, ruling over illness, diseases, slavery, work, submission, a compromised status etc.

It is far better to have the ruler of the 12th, 8th and 6th houses to be very weak, (oh well, that is OK then, Venus is weak, Mercury ruler 8 is in Taurus and squares Saturn) because this indicates that the themes of death and suffering are very low. Since your ruler is so strong, it indicates they are present in your life. Only the 6th house ruler, and I must say that there has not yet been one death yet in my circle of friends which affected me (and they were just 4 people I knew who died in all of my life! I guess I will get the whole lot in the next 10 years or so) and I could not cry when my father died, nor was I upset at all when my mother died. I still remember my husband telling me:" you can let go and cry". Yet, I am a deeply emotional person and cry at the drop of a hat!
However, the 6th house is the Joy of Mars. You lucked out -- Mars loves it here! Especially in his own Sign, and especially at nighttime when he is granted permission to do his thing according to the law of Sect.

(I saw your photograph and would guess that you are a day birth; you are very sunny) thank you Joseph, nice description:)

Aries on the 6th means that one is prone to fevers, (never had high fever, just a temperature) headaches (story of my life, but getting better with age), sudden rushes of blood to the head (no), dizziness (sometimes and never when I was young), fainting spells, (just had 2 in the last 2 years) head injuries, cuts, bruises, bumps (only the last two, never blood!), red skin, rashes (nope) and a receding hairline (high forehead I would call it). etc.

I have come across this exact same instance in my own work with clients. Mars in its own Sign and its Joy, and while in Sect appears (what does that mean Sect? Sector?)to be very fortunate. Mars, while being a malefic planet, is rather useful here, serving a strong role in this position, although this drive a person has may still tend to leave the native in a submissive role in society (yes), or working with injuries. My client, for example, was a gym teacher, a profession commonly mocked, yet nevertheless she was extremely good at what she did. My X lover, had Mars in Capricorn in the 6th, and she is a fitness instructor and phlebotomist.

The final situation will depend on many more variables, and so I cannot really say.

Nonetheless, this is a strong position to overcome all illnesses. In fact, all Cardinal signs on the Cusp of the 6th indicate good health, while all Mutable signs on the Cusp of the 6th indicate poor health. (I did not know this, good to know. Would this be also the case if that ruler would be very weak?)This is true in horary and natal astrology. This has a lot to do with the Will of the person.

The final word, or final cause, means that the story ends well. Successful in what the final dispositor indicates, whether that be teaching (Mercury) or with money (Venus) or in victory in war (Mars), etc. A positively placed final dispositor, meaning, on an Angle, placed in the proper Sect and not hindered by malefics, or is a malefic, in accord with certain other considerations can indicate a peaceful death, for example.(really??!! oh well. Ruler of 8 is Mercury square SAturn. I was thinking of a slow dying process, but yes, maybe peaceful:)) Generally,

Rather scattered in my writing, I am sorry, but hopefully one tiny synapse was formed in a brain which will lead help open the door to the Light and Wisdom of the Universe and the Experience of Infinite Love. If so, I have a succeeded.

Thanks very very much Joseph. You gave so much more than what I asked for. Most appreciated.!

Starlink