Experience with parallels/contraparallels?

AppLeo

I've always seen parallels/contraparallels/declinations as the occult of the occult. No one talks about them. I wonder how much power and validity they actually have though. They seem to add extra flavor or detail to everything that's happening in the chart.

Generally, I've noticed that planets already conjunct or opposite match in declination, but not always. And sometimes planets not in aspect can be parallel. If planets are already in aspect, I guess a parallel reinforces it.

For me personally, I have Moon and Rahu conjunct in early Virgo, and Mercury in late Leo. It's an out-of-sign conjunction, but I've always felt they were united. Saturn makes a trine to this conjunction, but it feels like Saturn is making a conjunction to it. I've had a doom and gloom, conservative mindset for as long as I can remember.

When I looked at my declinations, everything was parallel, exactly 10 degrees. I found that to be eye-opening and reaffirming.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

JUPITERASC

I've always seen parallels/contraparallels/declinations as the occult of the occult. No one talks about them. I wonder how much power and validity they actually have though. They seem to add extra flavor or detail to everything that's happening in the chart.

Generally, I've noticed that planets already conjunct or opposite match in declination, but not always. And sometimes planets not in aspect can be parallel. If planets are already in aspect, I guess a parallel reinforces it.

For me personally, I have Moon and Rahu conjunct in early Virgo, and Mercury in late Leo. It's an out-of-sign conjunction, but I've always felt they were united. Saturn makes a trine to this conjunction, but it feels like Saturn is making a conjunction to it. I've had a doom and gloom, conservative mindset for as long as I can remember.

When I looked at my declinations, everything was parallel, exactly 10 degrees. I found that to be eye-opening and reaffirming.

Does anyone have a similar experience?
one of our members who no longer posts
mentions a similar experience AND ASKS:
:smile:
are Libra Sun and Pisces Moon conjunct in this chart?

For me, the answer is that they are AS IF IN STRONG CONJUNCTION since they are in close Parallel; that means their influence would be as if Sun and Moon were conjunct, but WITHOUT the combustion that would otherwise have been involved IF they had been conjunct in longitude.Further, I follow the doctrine that a PARALLEL TRUMPS A CONJUNCTION IN LONGITUDE
Right: in your natal chart you have
in addition to the aspects in longitude

you have:
the Sun, Moon in PARALLEL of DECLINATION

and ALSO in PARALLEL of LATITUDE

a very interesting-and potent-combination
even when we reduce the influence of the Moon

due to its pitted degree!

also the Moon and Jupiter in PARALLEL of LATITUDE

also Venus and Saturn in PARALLEL of DECLINATION

also Jupiter and ascendant in PARALLEL of DECLINATION

another potent combination

As mentioned previously, these PARALLEL's in DECLINATION and LATITUDE

are "...like...." conjunctions in longitude
which means that in the books you would
read the indications given under "...conjunctions.."
in order to help delineate the PARALLEL meanings.

Although there is some historical dispute
remember that my opinion is

that the PARALLEL of DECLINATION is "...read..." like

a "....strong-ie close-conjunction...."
and that

the PARALLEL of LATITUDE is "...read..." like
a "...mild/moderate conjunction..."

some would reverse these
but I have used this outlook of "...relative strengths..."
to my satisfaction at least