Question about house rulership

Phoenix89

Hello, I will try to elaborate the question on my own example. I have the 2nd house start in Pisces, but it incorporates all of Aries. Similarly my 8th house starts in Virgo and incorporates all of Libra. Does that mean that Mars and Venus are co-rulers of those houses or just Neptune (Jupiter?) and Mercury?
Also if my MC starts at 29th degree Scorpio is it still a Scorpio MC?

Link to the chart

Renee35

Hello, I will try to elaborate the question on my own example. I have the 2nd house start in Pisces, but it incorporates all of Aries. Similarly my 8th house starts in Virgo and incorporates all of Libra. Does that mean that Mars and Venus are co-rulers of those houses or just Neptune (Jupiter?) and Mercury?

Link to the chart

Yes to the co rulers and yes to the Scorpio MC, most astrologers would also include Sage as your MC as it's so close in orb to that.

greybeard

Your second question first...
If you are in El Paso, Texas, is that still the United States?
If you are in the 29th degree of Scorpio, you are still in Scorpio.
I believe Donald Trump has 29 Leo 55 rising. His Asc is not in Virgo.

Aries and Libra are "intercepted" signs. The lords of these two signs are co-rulers of the respective houses. Interception is considered a debility; look up "intercept" in your dictionary.

The planet ruling the cusp of the house is the primary ruler. He holds primary influence over the whole house.

Last edited:

Lin

Neptune rules your 2nd house. Yes, we have to consider Venus as a co-ruler .....but....you have bigger fish to fry in your chart.

As for the MC....is your job or career a Plutonian type or a Sagittarius one? What do you do for a living?

Have you had a hard time finding the right type of work that both supports you and also satisfies you?
LIN

waybread

Link to the chart

Your question concerns intercepted signs. Aries and its opposite sign Libra are intercepted. Intercepted signs come in pairs, of two opposite signs.

The rulers of your 8th house is Mercury, with Virgo on the cusp. The rulers of your third house are Jupiter (traditional) and/or Neptune (modern) with Pisces on the house cusp.

Venus and Mars, while rulers of Libra and Mars respectively, do not rule any house cusps.

Then the moon and your sun are both in intercepted signs. Note that a planet belonging to a sign that does form a house cusp is not intercepted.

Interceptions are possible only in quadrant house systems like Placidus, where house systems are of varying widths. You won't find them in the whole signs or equal house systems, where each house is exactly 30 degrees.

I don't think that intercepted signs have a lot of meaning if they don't have planets in them. An intercepted planet, however, is sort of "boxed in" and may not get a lot of traction in expressing its tru nature. For example, your Aries sun may be more subdued than is typical of this feisty, independent sign.

Last edited:

greybeard

She says "What if my MC starts at 29 Scopio"....

The MC occupies just one degree. It doesn't "start" somewhere and continue on.

Ignoring that, the MC is at 29 Scorpio. El Paso is as close to being in Mexico as you can be without going into Mexico. 29 Scorpio is in Scorpio.

Unless you are using a different zodiac, the MC is always at the same zodiacal position . She can't move it into Sagittarius just because she feels like it.

Aside:
Planets rule signs. Signs do not rule planets.
Changing house systems might move the MC from one house to another, but the zodiacal degree (signs) remains the same.

Last edited:

greybeard

MC is an abbreviation for Medium Coeli, that is "the middle of the sky, or heavens". It corresponds to the geographical meridian of the place for which the chart is erected. It is determined by calculating the Right Ascension of the Midheaven (RAMC). This is then (usually) translated into zodiacal degrees along the ecliptic. It is not in any way dependent on the house system. It is the point (expressed in zodiacal degrees) at which the ecliptic and the meridian intersect.