Mediums - communicating with spirit

Neptune Rising

Hi

There are different ways of communicating with spirit, those that have passed. I was wondering, for any mediums out there, when you first realised you were communicating with spirit, or they were communicating with you, how did you feel? Were you comfortable with it, surprised, assured?

I sometimes go to Spiritualist churches, I like the vibe there and sometimes receive a message. Last two times I've been, there are different mediums but each one said the same thing about the same subject in my life, from the same spirits, through my mum's line of the family (Moon/Jupiter in Pisces).

Thanks

Last edited:

knowhow999

Re: Mediums - communing with spirit

Spirit has been communicating with me all my life. I only began talking back within the last decade. I have only had two bad experiences---learned a lot from them. Protect yourself, protect yourself, protect yourself. Only ask for or accept communication from spirit at your level or higher.
There are plenty of confused, unhelpful and even nasty entities floating about just looking for someone to mess with. Free will reigns supreme though. So, only ask for what you are prepared to handle.
I have never sought out a spiritualist group. Primarily because I do not know what the energies of the other folks really is. Like is drawn to like. So do not hook up with someone that has low vibratory energy.
I highly recommend this book _Knowing and Understanding Spirit Guides, Ancestors, Ghosts, Angels, and the Divine by Ivo Dominguez Jr.
Another good author is Doreen Virtue who writes a lot about Angels.
Pray constantly and remain upbeat and positive in that way, you will only draw loving energy to yourself.

Blessings

capleo2scorpio

Hi

There are different ways of communicating with spirit, those that have passed. I was wondering, for any mediums out there, when you first realised you were communicating with spirit, or they were communicating with you, how did you feel? Were you comfortable with it, surprised, assured?

I sometimes go to Spiritualist churches, I like the vibe there and sometimes receive a message. Last two times I've been, there are different mediums but each one said the same thing about the same subject in my life, from the same spirits, through my mum's line of the family (Moon/Jupiter in Pisces).

Thanks

Why don't you try to get signals from your mum's line of the family directly? I prayed to my grandad when pluto entered capricorn and messed up my strict and methodical capricorn way of life. Everytime I prayed, he either knock his own photo frames off the book shelf, off the wall, play up the dvd player or the laptop. I always get this burst of energy and images flash through my head. I freaked out at the start but remembered grandad was always there for me, such as paying off my grade 1 teacher so I would not get kept back. haha. You should try to talk to your family. Make sure it's not a sibling or cousin you always used to fight with.

Neptune Rising

Thank you both, I thought no one would answer this thread!

Thank you knowhow999, loads of good advice I will keep reminding myself of. A friend of my mum and step dads told me once, your mind is like a radio station receiver - if you are not happy with the station you are receiving (negative) then change the frequency. I will look into those books, thanks so much for the links, I love the sound of those books!

I wonder sometimes if there is a negative energy in the house where I am a lodger. His wife died here (the landlord that I live with).

Yes protection, I meditate and find that helps me ground myself. But, with Nep on my ascendant it's hard sometimes not to let energies in, and there have been some 'odd' energies in the past, a couple of bad ones hopefully I learned from.

I have heard to communicate with energies that you feel comfortable with. It makes sense, as its a dialogue, an exchange of energies which in a way you are sharing your energy with (guessing).

Thank you capleoscorpio, yes I now wonder why I didn't try that, good idea. What I've learned from the mediums I've listened to, is all you need to do is ask a question. That sounds so sweet, your grandad is communicating with you in that way. I've been longing to know my grandma, I never met her but heard about her, I guess that is the only way I can know her, though I feel I do know her.

Thank you both, I really appreciate your comments and sharing your experiences, glad I'm not alone! :)