why are virgo moon's considered as shy

Claire19

Everyone has a different expression of the Moon, depending on the aspects. Virgo is a practical, cautious and critical sign. They are fussy about who they associate with. They tend to be independent and concerned with mundane everyday matters and health issues.
They may be repressed if Saturn is connected. It is not advisable to lump all Virgo moons under one description, that is amateur cookbook astrology.

ayc216

I have a virgo moon and I am shy, but I don't think all virgo moons are shy. It depends on the rest of the chart, like the sign of the ascendant and sun and house placement of sun and moon.

I am extremely analytical, detail oriented, critical, I *love* to be of service to my loved ones, I worry a lot.

capleo2scorpio

may be repressed if Saturn is connected.

True. I have virgo moon square sag saturn. I used to try to repress a lot of things. I always thought I needed to use all my energy to be a good, proper and responsible capricorn prude, be a high achiever, be neat, be a good athlete, stay healthy, plan all my finance matters, build my career and have future goals and aspirations mapped out (capricorn sun trine saturn). It was very hard trying to control the seedy urges and fire power of pluto scorpio conjunct mars scorpio placements. The tension inside me was always about to explode. Now I incorporate the scorpio placements and feel like a much happier camper.

capleo2scorpio

what is your interpretation of a virgo moon

I'm a virgo moon and I'm not shy, maybe because of my leo rising. When I was 19, I was the customer service weekend manager in the busiest branch nationally of a well known store chain. I used to love the thrill of doing 10 things at the same time, yelling orders to the young and old employees, being in charge and hear my own voice over the loud speaker. Hahahahahah!! I do like to keep my private things private though.

capleo2scorpio

I have a virgo moon and I am shy, but I don't think all virgo moons are shy. It depends on the rest of the chart, like the sign of the ascendant and sun and house placement of sun and moon.

I am extremely analytical, detail oriented, critical, I *love* to be of service to my loved ones, I worry a lot.

Your last sentence plays out with me too. You shouldn't forget about the good memory.

tokyo.lights

why are virgo moon's considered as shy
Are you sure it's not just contempt?

Virgo -- like the rest of the "blunt" signs i.e. Aries, Scorpio and Sagittarius -- can't play "fake nice". It's not within their capability to suppress the colossal amount of judgment they have for others. It's just not an option you see :bandit: Virgo stays quiet because it's aware what happens when its mouth is open...
Also, as Virgo is so critical of itself, maybe they just don't want to come across as foolish.

byjove

Account Closed
I have an excessive-modesty problem and I think it originates with my ascendent ruler, Moon in Virgo.

Sometimes I can be very shy, too modest and private. It's causing problems. It has the potential to get in the way of my career and I cannot figure out what to do with it.

The rest of the picture with my Virgo placement, Moon in Virgo is this: the agent of the 1st house, located natally in the 3rd house of communiation, curiosity, local affairs and siblings (also the house of the Goddess, the Joy of the Moon if you follow that tradition). The Moon squares Saturn (applying, about 3 degrees) though the Saturn is more liberal in Sagittarius, conjunct Uranus. The Moon opposes Venus in Pisces, 9th house. This may one of those situations where 'contact of any kind is better than none' - surely that Pisces Venus softens the criticism, nit-pickiness, sobriety of Virgo. The Moon is in a very wide opposition to it's dispositor, Mercury in Pisces. Finally, a quincunx to the 10th Aries Sun. Perhaps the last aspect defines the problem. Trying to find balance between all of the confidence and courage of a public Aries placement with the private, discerning, research-orientated 3rd Virgo Moon?

Attachments

• 1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 28

capleo2scorpio

I have an excessive-modesty problem and I think it originates with my ascendent ruler, Moon in Virgo.

Sometimes I can be very shy, too modest and private. It's causing problems. It has the potential to get in the way of my career and I cannot figure out what to do with it.

The Moon squares Saturn (applying, about 3 degrees) though the Saturn is more liberal in Sagittarius, conjunct Uranus... Finally, a quincunx to the 10th Aries Sun. Perhaps the last aspect defines the problem. Trying to find balance between all of the confidence and courage of a public Aries placement with the private, discerning, research-orientated 3rd Virgo Moon?

I know exactly what you mean. Same with me. My virgo moon square saturn saggitarius orb7 in one direction, square uranus saggi orb 7 in other direction. It's torture feeling repressed 1 minute and hyperactive the next. Affects my career too I think because i never think what i do is good enough, need more effort and research, finding mistakes in little things. Even got yelled at by a virgo sun mercury to stop focussing on little details. :w00t: Then i go random order because of uranus. Must be tough for u to have virgo moon quincunx aries sun. My saggi mercury conjunct saggi uranus, uranus square moon get the same treatment as your aries sun, it doesnt like to shut up and look at details, it just thinks 'stuff it, lets go crazy random order, live life to the max'. :happy:

Astrodawn

I have a virgo moon in opposition with saturn and square venus.

I am not shy although I have leo rising which covers up! I cannot stand fakeness or any sort, especially people, I am very exacting and I would rather not bother with superficiality of any sort, Im particular who I make friends with and not very tolerant.

I vastly overthink emotional situations and analyse them till Ive come to a conclusion, Im not very emotional in relationships and find it hard to express my feelings, even though I feel them deeply.

capleo2scorpio

I have a virgo moon in opposition with saturn and square venus.

I am not shy although I have leo rising which covers up! I cannot stand fakeness or any sort, especially people, I am very exacting and I would rather not bother with superficiality of any sort, Im particular who I make friends with and not very tolerant.

I vastly overthink emotional situations and analyse them till Ive come to a conclusion, Im not very emotional in relationships and find it hard to express my feelings, even though I feel them deeply.

My leo rising covers up the virgo moon too. For example, a client stepped on my toes with their comment, they apologised immediately to me. I told them not to worry, because I couldn't care less, and i put on a big leo smile. However, on the inside it is churning: how dare they criticise me, I hate my own mistakes, have they looked in the mirror before they dare to criticise me! I just can't help it.

M

may28gemini

I think Virgo Moon tends to being melancholy but find fulfillment in being useful/purposeful to others.

capleo2scorpio

I wonder how we can overcome this. If it affects relationships, career and confidence, then we need to.

i think youshould look at your natal chart and see the planets above the horizon and use them to rechannel the nervous but people-helping virgo moon energy. I have jupiter aquarius triple singleton, the only planet above the horizon. my nervous virgo moon trine my capricorn sun. sun and moon near midpoint is scorpio mars, a close orb. my scorpio mars square my jupiter aquarius, rechanneling all the moon sun mars through jupiter and I just take a gamble on all decisions i make. After looking through my leo rising, some people think im a blasting bombastic bully under tension, but i think my jupiter expands all my sun moon mars energy, jupiter square scorpio mars makes me go from conservative to extremely 'you do it my way and i must get what i want' attitude. My virgo moon doesn't mean for it to be that way though.

So anway, i'd say look at your planets above the horizon and see how u can make them work the virgo moon energy in your favour.

B

bigblack

We are what we are. Go with the flow. This anecdotal story by an astrology teacher may help. He has a either a Cancer Ascendent or the Sun in Cancer - I cant remember which. But he was relaying to the class how he was concerned by his weight, until he figured that there was no avoiding it because of the Cancer. From that point on he lived with it.

Persoanally I have the moon in Virgo conj pluto and conj the MC opposing chiron in pisces on the IC.

Much of what was said above is true. I particularly like the comment about contempt - not so much that I think its definently true but that its something to think about.

Well this nativitie's Moon is definitely NOT shy:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66405&page=9

Re: The Ninth House and Religion
This is puzzling me about this woman's lord of the 7th in the natal 9th:

pic-19-karla-james-non-modeling-pics-51108.jpg

This is said to be her horoscope:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...t=4245&page=19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Saturnian
Are you able to post her please by any chance? I seem to struggle inputting the coordinates of her birth place. Alternatively could you reveal the location of her birth place please?

2liybgk.jpg

:biggrin::unsure::biggrin::unsure::biggrin::unsure::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited: