Diurnal and Nocturnal Charts

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I've been reading about this on this great site:

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2008/11/25/the-astrology-of-sect/

I just wanted to double-check I've got this correct, using my own chart. OK so I was born just after noon placing the sun near the MC thus making it a diurnal chart.

So the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are in power. This means the Sun and Jupiter are quite beneficial high in elevation, and the great malefic is restrained, because he is in power. (Also, in a diurnal sign which he likes but below the horizon which he doesn't, as secondary consideration).

Mars, Venus and the Moon are reduced in power. Venus is exalted, but how does she lose out in a diurnal chart? Also, she's above the horizon which is also unsuitable. The Moon is nocturnal, and is comfortable so. Mars however, is diurnal in a diurnal chart which is contrary to his nocturnal nature, so poses as problematic. He is also in a diurnal sign, further troubling.

Mercury I cannot figure out, I just can't understand what his position makes him; maybe nocturnal because he is following the Sun?

I would be very grateful for feedback on the accuracy of the above! I'm just starting to get my head around this. Also, is there anything I should be worried about? Saturn's really not much trouble, being in power and in good conversation with the Sun (trine, partile)? How much trouble is Mars above the horizon in a day chart? He is relatively comfortable by aspect otherwise, so hopefully not such a threat? And what trouble could he cause from the 12th?

Thanks! By Jove :happy:

Last edited:

Catatonia

Yeah, so you're a diurnal birth with Sun in the 10th which is a pretty fantastic position for the Sect Light. Sun is exalted and the trigons of the light of time are the Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn.

The Sun and Jupiter are the two primary trigon lords which means Saturn co-operates and your Saturn isn't in the best of positions even though it's a diurnal planet in a diurnal chart. Saturn is declining the 6th and retrograde in Sagittarius right? Yeah so Saturn isn't too much support for you, but Sun and Jupiter are. Mercury looks like it's in mediocre shape even though it's diurnally placed. It could be worse though. It's conjunct the MC and exalted Venus but Venus is out of sect so it's kind of unhelpful and in a feminine sign.

Overall, it looks like you've had a sh*tload of support in your life and probably have a rangingly fantastic career. You as a person...ehhh...You're Moon in Virgo in the 3rd...You're in your joy...but again you're declining in a sign that is feminine and the Moon is out of sect, and it doesn't see your sect light.

byjove

Account Closed
Thanks for the posts everyone, I only noticed them now. So a mixed chart eeh? At least I'm roughly on track with interpretation anyway. Is there anything that I
should be on the look-out for, is that pretty much Sect covered? i.e. take note of which chart it is, diurnal or nocturnal, observe the planets in power, check their house and aspect position and do the same with the planets out of power? Thanks again for the info. good to know!

pharvey0829

Hi all,

I've been reading about this on this great site:

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2008/11/25/the-astrology-of-sect/

I just wanted to double-check I've got this correct, using my own chart. OK so I was born just after noon placing the sun near the MC thus making it a diurnal chart.

So the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are in power. This means the Sun and Jupiter are quite beneficial high in elevation, and the great malefic is restrained, because he is in power. (Also, in a diurnal sign which he likes but below the horizon which he doesn't, as secondary consideration).

Mars, Venus and the Moon are reduced in power. Venus is exalted, but how does she lose out in a diurnal chart? Also, she's above the horizon which is also unsuitable. The Moon is nocturnal, and is comfortable so. Mars however, is diurnal in a diurnal chart which is contrary to his nocturnal nature, so poses as problematic. He is also in a diurnal sign, further troubling.

Mercury I cannot figure out, I just can't understand what his position makes him; maybe nocturnal because he is following the Sun?

I would be very grateful for feedback on the accuracy of the above! I'm just starting to get my head around this. Also, is there anything I should be worried about? Saturn's really not much trouble, being in power and in good conversation with the Sun (trine, partile)? How much trouble is Mars above the horizon in a day chart? He is relatively comfortable by aspect otherwise, so hopefully not such a threat? And what trouble could he cause from the 12th?

Thanks! By Jove :happy:

Your venus is still strong due to it being in it's sign of exaltation. However, it's power is reduced due to the fact that it's out of sect.