Saturn in the 9th house

StillOne

Hi StillOne,
I've had my chart redrawn using the equal House system, yet I am not familiar with this system nor am I entirely clear as to why this would make more sense in my case... I'd love to understand.

Well, there are many different house systems to play with. Equal is just one that would put Saturn in the 10th in this case. Since you were born so far north (Finland), the houses in Placidus will be irregular and another house system may fit better. There are quite a few members using Whole Signs here, as well, and I encourage you to investigate.

You should read to see which description fits better for you and then stick with that house system.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/saturninhouses.html

socrates

Saturn is where we need to feel safe, conventional and abide by the rules. In the 9th deals with matters of faith, higher education and laws, universal truths etc...THey would also find that they may have to travel alone for some reason but not like it...... It is where we feel weakest and most vulnerable often.. SO what you say makes sense.
isnt moon placement te most vulnerable?
I got Saturn in 9 but am anything but orthodox when it comes to beliefs, but sat is in aquarius with mercury,aSC ruler
My dad was somewhat distant and i felt i almost needed permission to talk to him. Could it be capricorn Sun, like our Finn friend?
I have Jupiter at MC in 9th house in WSH too

Euthenic1

I have a retrograde Saturn in the ninth, and I think I almost court the unusual and unproven. I enjoy most things esoteric.

C0rnholio

I have Saturn in the 9th house, square Ascendant. It it my most elevated planet.

I do not like religion, I sway away from it. I am not an atheist but a skeptic. Atheism is also a religion, in case someone didn't know. Faith is fine, if practiced in private, but organized religion scares me at best.

Astrology, as you may have noticed, is my strong interest.

I am an engineer.

The 9th house has also to do with higher education. I relocated for higher education and for work. I have several advanced degrees. I do like to travel.

If I can add something new but speculative about this Saturn placement, it would be the sense of rejection experienced at a point in time in the areas pertaining to House 9; religion, education, work abroad. Has anyone else experienced that too?

Of course. It is a Saturn in the 9th house, not a Jupiter. It only brings success and luck through and after hard work and disappointments.

appleberry

Just goes to show wherever Saturn resides is where we *lack confidence* and have to work harder to make things gel

Saturn in the 9th house
· Saturn's best positions are the 3rd and 9th houses. Gives a practical philosophy of life.
· Not good for relationships with in-laws if afflicted. Best to live at a distance.
· Makes good teachers, professors, workers in publishing fields or scientific pursuits.
· Good at detailed work. Exacting and concentrative.
· Can be fanatical and intolerant in religious concerns if Saturn is afflicted.
· These people are influenced by the conservative religion and traditional values of their background. Even rebellion will change only the form and not the reality of their basic beliefs.
· Life or travel in foreign countries may be most successful if connected with work.
· Care should be taken to avoid difficulties in travel.
· Systems of belief you will judge according to their practical value and you will seek and desire personal *distinction through some achievement you have studied.

I have Saturn in the 9th and you are pretty spot on with this, for the most part. The only thing is that I am pretty against most religions, in the sense of brainwashing. I can accept God, but not the bible or church, and definitely not people who push either of those.

catbebe20

I have Saturn in 9th house. Have always believed in astrology. Obviously, as I read this post. Haha.
Religion: Baptised Catholic at birth but not actively practising. Current stand is, would probably never outright denounce it, but have difficulty reconciling with own personal beliefs, so might not necessarily pass it on to children, if ever any.
Education: 1st degree done at foreign university. 2nd degree will also be done at overseas u this coming feb. 2nd degree = zoology, however, this may be sth to do with Sag Asc or Virgo Moon rather than Saturn (?). All done at great delay, in my mid-30s, due to mainly funds and family objections, and then got offers in July from 2 unis in 2 countries, so by the time i decided which to accept semester had started, had to defer to feb, so delayed, again.

Attachments

• 1355065824964.jpg
    1355065824964.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27

ezgi

hi,

i too have saturn in the 9th house. i'm 35 years old, untill my son's birth i didn't think too much of God only performed some religious routines without questioning.
But after my son's birth God showed me his presence in very small details. (to me they were too huge)

i want to explain one of them as far as my little english permits: one day my son's eye was about to be blind (1 year old he was )and some of my in-laws teased at me and my child and 1 week later same thing happened to their child. (Thank God nothing serious was the result). Who could punish them except God in this way. If i used abusive language, beated them etc. etc.... These would be not the same as they lived the situation like me. I felt very very very upset after the accident. And they felt THE SAME. My God showed them the proper way of behaviour.
I had several examples like this.

And the result: I don't care too much of religion ,according to me the only thing which is important is God . And now i know that He is JUST.

theV

hi,

i too have saturn in the 9th house. i'm 35 years old, untill my son's birth i didn't think too much of God only performed some religious routines without questioning.
But after my son's birth God showed me his presence in very small details. (to me they were too huge)

i want to explain one of them as far as my little english permits: one day my son's eye was about to be blind (1 year old he was )and some of my in-laws teased at me and my child and 1 week later same thing happened to their child. (Thank God nothing serious was the result). Who could punish them except God in this way. If i used abusive language, beated them etc. etc.... These would be not the same as they lived the situation like me. I felt very very very upset after the accident. And they felt THE SAME. My God showed them the proper way of behaviour.
I had several examples like this.

And the result: I don't care too much of religion ,according to me the only thing which is important is God . And now i know that He is JUST.

I think you should make a small time for god and meditation after all he is our creator

theV

I have never been that much too religious I as praying and do stuff but never looked deeper This days I trying to look deeper and understand them and bond my relationship with god I have never felt better

Moog

Carl Sagan's chart is quite interesting in this regard.

He has Saturn and Rahu in the 9th. Saturn rules 9 and 10. So that's an essentially dignified planet, and also an auspicious yogakaraka.

But no matter how functionally benefic, Saturn always has a separating effect. In this case, I believe a separation from 'knowing God'.

To me, Sagan seemed to be on a quest to connect with 'higher meaning', but he was always an agnostic and he went about his work always in a rational, scientific mode, always working within a materialist framework.

He had a distinct prejudice against anything slightly 'woo woo', and he was anti-astrology, seemingly having never given it a proper shake, as a man of science should.

I also look at Jupiter to see one's attitude to God, Religion, faith, etc.

If the 9th house, 9th lord and Jupiter are badly disposed or damaged, then the subject is usually irreligious/atheist/faithless/etc.

Messianicworks

I've saturn in the 9th..opp mars moon conj,wide square to pluto 5th.Trine sun/Asc conj

I'd say my fear is disability on an average constant of "Being"..measuring up not at all with anything...basic faith in meeting life as a mind and as a person..the two go hand in hand for me astrologically (saturn ruler of dsc/moon ruler of Asc)

I steer clear of anything that hasn't come from my own wayfare of thinking..very naturally and sometimes destructively.

Sovalis

Hi there. Saturn in Ninth here. it is the tip of a T- square to Gemini Sun/Venus opposing Neptune in my second. I am afraid it is afflicted, but reading Robert Hand describing that planets within an orb of 8.5 degrees to the MC are strong, my Saturn is at 7 to the MC.
It is in Virgo 4 degrees conjunct Mars (chart ruler, (which is also Uranus btw. conj. ascendant)) further back. I also have Virgo Jupiter in the ninth in a quintile with Sun as its only aspect (apart from a quincunx to Pholus).
I have religious or spiritual aspirations but stay grounded in a sensible more scientific inquiry in the matter. Do not have a settled truth about the existence of things, but am a believer in the existence of Truth and reality. these things occupy me to a great extent, but in a personal studied manner. Not taking systems or schools of thought as guides. I'm too personally involved. And being that I have 7or 8th house Sun Venus 8th house Vesta, Moon and Mercury I believe that my own experience of the life is playing a major part in what I decide to bring in to my forming or creation of my views, and it's always changing. The quest and seeking for personal inner security also plays a role.

I view the ninth house as constant being in the school/learning room in a sense. Some day I'll leave the classroom, and apply my knowledge in the world. I guess thats what it all comes to for me. And where I am trying to work towards, with this Saturn placement.

Last edited:

Manish1995

I have Saturn in 9th house. Have always believed in astrology. Obviously, as I read this post. Haha.
Religion: Baptised Catholic at birth but not actively practising. Current stand is, would probably never outright denounce it, but have difficulty reconciling with own personal beliefs, so might not necessarily pass it on to children, if ever any.
Education: 1st degree done at foreign university. 2nd degree will also be done at overseas u this coming feb. 2nd degree = zoology, however, this may be sth to do with Sag Asc or Virgo Moon rather than Saturn (?). All done at great delay, in my mid-30s, due to mainly funds and family objections, and then got offers in July from 2 unis in 2 countries, so by the time i decided which to accept semester had started, had to defer to feb, so delayed, again.

Is their any gap between in your bachelor or masters degree ?
I mean you get your master degree at which age ?

socrates

How about foreign relations? Do foreigners being you troubles if saturn is out of sect, that is in a night chart?

socrates

I have saturn and jupiter in 9th by whole houses.Since saturn shows where life is difficult and jupiter wher it is easy what am I suppose to conclude.They are in aquarius and jupiter is at MC hence in 19th by quadrant

Sovalis

re: Saturn & Jupiter. Just thought of something I read sometime, don't remember by whom, about Jupiter and Saturn working together as a pottery maker on the turning table where as you need both the expansive energy as well as the limiting energy to form the pottery, and quite liked the analogy.