Bringing refugees here is selfish

MaybeNow

The estimated cost to resettle an average, single Middle Eastern refugee in the U.S. over the first five years is $64,370 — or 12 times the United Nations estimates it costs to support a refugee staying in a neighboring Middle Eastern country, according to an analysis from the Center for Immigration Studies.

Aside from the cost to US taxpayers who cannot support their own citizens, eleven other refugees continue to suffer. It's immoral to do this. Support them closer to their own homes so hopefully they will be able to return. Worst case would continue to live in neighboring countries amongst others of similar language, customs and religion.

WHYNOT

Banned
The estimated cost to resettle an average, single Middle Eastern refugee in the U.S. over the first five years is $64,370 — or 12 times the United Nations estimates it costs to support a refugee staying in a neighboring Middle Eastern country, according to an analysis from the Center for Immigration Studies.

Aside from the cost to US taxpayers who cannot support their own citizens, eleven other refugees continue to suffer. It's immoral to do this. Support them closer to their own homes so hopefully they will be able to return. Worst case would continue to live in neighboring countries amongst others of similar language, customs and religion.

I totally agree.
However, the State/Government making morally sound/ commonsense/ethically correct decisions does not happen anymore.
And the public in general no longer notice or care.
This is the reason that the times we are living in are referred to as the "End Times".

Oddity

I don't even know how to respond to this. Have you any awareness of how this mess might not have come about were it not for the United States supporting dictatorships, extremists, and selling weapons to them? That if it weren't for the support from your country, this war wouldn't be half as horrible? Maybe it wouldn't even be at all?

And your utter lack of compassion for the people it's harmed - it terrifies me.

Marinka

Everyone living in the USA is an immigrant except for the American Indians and this is ignored in every argument regarding today's immigrants.

History shows that this same sentiment was prevalent during the times of Hitler with the Jews and we know how that turned out.

By doing nothing, we create the seeds which encourage the young men/women/orphans refugees to take up arms against the governments that denied them help in their time of need. More importantly, we signal to ISIS and the world that we as a nation, are no longer a leader since we are choosing to do what is safe and no longer take the path of what is right. And more importantly, that we are afraid.

Fear is at the root of this ... but, as a nation we can choose whether fear brings out the best in us or the worst.

ISIS is growing because it gives young men a purpose in life along with a job, wife, money and a place in their society. These men that are joining now were the boys that were displaced from the conflicts in this area over the last 20 or so years. Using this reasoning, if the refugees today are not allowed to create a stable life in other countries away from their war-torn country, they will become the next wave of terrorists in a decade or two.

From a Facebook perspective, the way people address the immigration issue has been highlighted as showing the character of a person and this seems to be the leading cause for "de-friending" over the last few weeks .. at least it has been for many of my friends and for me.

JUPITERASC

The estimated cost to resettle an average, single Middle Eastern refugee in the U.S. over the first five years is $64,370
— or 12 times the United Nations estimates it costs to support a refugee staying in a neighboring Middle Eastern country,
according to an analysis from the Center for Immigration Studies.
Clearly you are unaware that the neighbouring Middle Eastern countries are at war :smile:

pc_9addb3bbcb66f194fba75619b3f8cb60.jpg

War-Propaganda2.jpg

War-Is-Good-For-Profits.jpg

JUPITERASC

Aside from the cost to US taxpayers

who cannot support their own citizens,

eleven
other refugees continue to suffer.

It's immoral to do this.

WAR IS THE ENEMY OF ALL MANKIND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKd8YVafgU :smile:

War is immoral

- killing people is wrong
- war kills people
- war creates refugees
stop creating refugees

images

Support them closer to their own homes
so hopefully they will be able to return.

stop supporting war
stop bombing people
stop destroying their homes
clearly these refugees homes have been obliterated by bombs
and these refugees have no homes to return to

war-profits-101-small.jpg

Worst case would continue to live in neighboring countries amongst others of similar language, customs and religion.

stop profiting from war
war creates refugees
as well as profits

386817106871177531838813945876929935242978743564n.jpg

JUPITERASC

Everyone living in the USA is an immigrant except for the American Indians

and this is ignored in every argument regarding today's immigrants.
cfc7b5fbcdb5bcb6430629af5df6da17.jpg

Thanksgiving061.gif

History shows that this same sentiment was prevalent during the times of Hitler with the Jews and we know how that turned out.

By doing nothing, we create the seeds which encourage the young men/women/orphans refugees to take up arms against the governments that denied them help in their time of need. More importantly, we signal to ISIS and the world that we as a nation, are no longer a leader since we are choosing to do what is safe and no longer take the path of what is right. And more importantly, that we are afraid.

Fear is at the root of this ... but, as a nation we can choose whether fear brings out the best in us or the worst.

ISIS is growing because it gives young men a purpose in life along with a job, wife, money and a place in their society. These men that are joining now were the boys that were displaced from the conflicts in this area over the last 20 or so years. Using this reasoning, if the refugees today are not allowed to create a stable life in other countries away from their war-torn country, they will become the next wave of terrorists in a decade or two.

From a Facebook perspective, the way people address the immigration issue has been highlighted as showing the character of a person and this seems to be the leading cause for "de-friending" over the last few weeks .. at least it has been for many of my friends and for me.

Marinka

And ...

A portion of the refugees that came after WW11 are responsible for a significant number of the scientific advances that the US made in the decades after. Many called it the brain drain from Europe (mathematicians & physicists). This allowed the US to leapfrog over all the other global nations in terms of scientific knowledge and this knowledge carried us all the way into the 1980s.

So, I would think that those refugees paid us back more than they ever cost us in terms of making everyone's lives better....

MaybeNow

You people need to find a time machine so you can go back to the past. I am living in the present, preparing for the future. Unlike you, I'm not rich and can't afford to pay more taxes for yet more strangers coming into my country. You can, so why not invite a refugee family into your home and be financially and legally responsible for them? Talk is cheap.

There are safe countries where Syrians can stay (Lebanon, Turkey). I'd like to see pressure on our so called Arab allies to pay -- they can afford it more than US and Europe. One reason they don't want refugees is because it will have an adverse affect on their home culture. Really? Why on earth would they think that given the great success in Europe where everyone is happily assimilated and living in peace and harmony? :wink:

The US and Europe should put up money to create facilities to house the refugees until Russia creates peace in the Middle East. The US is incapable of this task due to a weak President so Putin will look like the Second Coming of Christ to the rest of the world.

JUPITERASC

You people need to find a time machine so you can go back to the past. I am living in the present, preparing for the future. Unlike you, I'm not rich and can't afford to pay more taxes for yet more strangers coming into my country. You can, so why not invite a refugee family into your home and be financially and legally responsible for them? Talk is cheap.

There are safe countries where Syrians can stay (Lebanon, Turkey). I'd like to see pressure on our so called Arab allies to pay -- they can afford it more than US and Europe. One reason they don't want refugees is because it will have an adverse affect on their home culture. Really? Why on earth would they think that given the great success in Europe where everyone is happily assimilated and living in peace and harmony? :wink:

The US and Europe should put up money to create facilities to house the refugees until Russia creates peace in the Middle East. The US is incapable of this task due to a weak President so Putin will look like the Second Coming of Christ to the rest of the world.
US, Europe and Russia need to immediately cease creating refugees :smile:
obviously
bombing refugees homes to rubble means they cannot return to their home

Foreigners.jpg

retinoid

My biggest problem with letting in refugees is their culture. Islam and middle east culture bothers me and is very different than western democracy. Whenever someone brings up this concern they are labeled as racist or prejudice.

I want to help those in need, but I do not want to live in a country where Islam is the major religion. This seems to be happening in countries that accept large amounts of middle eastern immigrants.

It seems that this is an underlying goal in Islam as it is in Christianity, convert everyone to their one way. We had enough problems over the decades with conservative christians. Do not really want to import conservative muslims.

JUPITERASC

My biggest problem with letting in refugees is their culture. Islam and middle east culture bothers me and is very different than western democracy. Whenever someone brings up this concern they are labeled as racist or prejudice.

I want to help those in need, but I do not want to live in a country where Islam is the major religion. This seems to be happening in countries that accept large amounts of middle eastern immigrants.

It seems that this is an underlying goal in Islam as it is in Christianity, convert everyone to their one way. We had enough problems over the decades with conservative christians. Do not really want to import conservative muslims.
4584779040_0466388c6f.jpg

history-red_indian-american_history-native_americans-indian-developer-hsc0777_low.jpg

chris10

.... for yet more strangers coming into my country
... strangers coming into your country??

Maybe those who are creating the wars should be the ones offering a home to the refugees.
Actions have consequences you know.

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

MaybeNow

Where did I say it was okay for our so called leaders, both Reps and Dems, to take out stable dictators and create chaos? But what's done is done and we have to deal with it now and not dream of the past with our heads in the sand.

Why is it okay for other cultures to take over ours if we are accused of being evil for doing the same? Two wrongs don't make a right. It's what I never understood about the Israelis. They complained about discrimination and bad treatment yet do exactly the same to Palestinians.

This will be our future (don't go Christmas shopping in the mall) if we do not speak up now.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-on-Sunday-as-Paris-manhunt-goes-on-live.html

On a more pleasant note, JupiterAsc when can we expect to see photos of your Time Machine? Have you come up with an astrologically favorable day to launch it? We are all so excited!

JUPITERASC

Where did I say it was okay for our so called leaders, both Reps and Dems, to take out stable dictators and create chaos?
But what's done is done and we have to deal with it now and not dream of the past with our heads in the sand.
Catholic-Thanksgiving-Puritan-joke.jpg

Why is it okay for other cultures to take over ours if we are accused of being evil for doing the same?
Two wrongs don't make a right. It's what I never understood about the Israelis.
They complained about discrimination and bad treatment yet do exactly the same to Palestinians.

This will be our future (don't go Christmas shopping in the mall) if we do not speak up now.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-on-Sunday-as-Paris-manhunt-goes-on-live.html
892c518c8be1061530c04b24dce578a5.jpg

On a more pleasant note, JupiterAsc when can we expect to see photos of your Time Machine?
Have you come up with an astrologically favorable day to launch it?
We are all so excited!
Keep calm :smile:

marriage-relationships-time_machine-time_travel-time_traveller-time_travelling-household_chores-tcln41_low.jpg

tumblr_mvfwe03rio1qhxazgo1_500.jpg

retinoid

Jupiterasc you are posting a lot of comics about the native americans and immigration, you do realize in that circumstance the immigrants wiped out their culture and caused massive death and illness? Hardly a pro immigration argument :)