Will I flounder on any of the two jazz band concerts?

Jesusistheway

I am so anxious/nervous about not learning the material on time that I asked this question. The Marimba is new to me and so is fast sight reading. I have to learn about 6 songs with 24-32 bars which is hard for me. I am a percussionist in the class along with four other guys. I am the only girl. I am so nervous that I won't learn it by Nov.

When I said "flounder" I meant will I make a mistake, like hit the wrong note basically? LOL

I just need some peace of mind or reassurance or then I'm going to bust my *** off learning so I don't mess up. But its so tiring!

Venus is conjunct the ASC so music plays a part in that. LEO is the ASC as I will be performing, snap I didn't think I'd want to steal the show uh oh. Its not supposed to be that way. Not with Jazz.

The Sun which is me is in the critical degree of Virgo NOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL cause Virgo is always worried this is horrendous!!! It is squaring and opposing everything ... Oh brother.

The Sun squaring that Pluto is sooo bad that's my boss!!! DOE!

Wait So since I asked Will I flounder I want a NO answer so isn't the square and oppositions supposed to be good in that negation of a question?

Dr. Farr, Tikana, Anachiel...

Help anyone!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_horaryperformance_hr.38518.22580.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_horaryperformance_hr.38518.22580.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 25

Larxene

Disclaimer: I am not a professional astrologer, just a dabbler~...

Although I am very new to horary, I am tempted to interpret your chart so here goes~ :smile:

You are signified by Leo, which is appropriate because it is naturally the sign that wishes to display itself, i.e. presenting a performance. The Ascendant cusp is at 21 degrees, it signifies to me that it still isn't too late to remediate the issue, and you have thought about the issue sufficiently to ask the question, which makes the question valid.

The ruler of Leo is the Sun. It is in the 2nd house in Virgo. It is Peregrine (i.e. without dignity). I am using Ptolemy's Table. A peregrine planet is said to be like a wanderer, not knowing where he stands.

The question is about performing in a concert, so the quesited is governed by the 5th house. The 5th house is ruled by Saggitarius' ruler, Jupiter. Jupiter is in the 10th, in Gemini. It is Peregrine and in Detriment. A planet in detriment is said to be strong but uses its strength in the wrong way, causing strife.

The co-significator of the querent (you) is the Moon. It is in the 5th in Saggitarius. It is Peregrine.

The Sun is not in aspect with Jupiter (traditionally they are averse). However, the Sun is in an applying square with the Moon. Jupiter is in a separating opposition to the Moon. I take this to mean that there is great difficulty in obtaining the desired result.

On the contrary, the Moon is received by Jupiter, since the former is in Saggi. The Asc cusp is in an applying trine to the Moon and in a separating sextile to Jupiter. These are positive testimonies. The Moon being in the 5th House might also indicate that the result is obtainable.

Hence this is my verdict:

The weakness of the signifying planets and the presence of a mixture of hard and soft aspects indicates that you are not likely to do well in the concerts. That does not mean you cannot, only that you are not likely to.

Hope this helps :lol:

~Larxene<3~

P.S.: I am not very familiar with answering questions which asks for negative results: please ask the professionals to clarify.

Jesusistheway

Hi Larxene
Thanks for your interpretation it was really good.
I rephrased the question to a positive:
"Will I do good in my performances in Nov and Dec?"
My new chart is attached. This may clear up the answers.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_horaryperformance_hr.984.3044.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_horaryperformance_hr.984.3044.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 20

Jesusistheway

I may switch to guitar as that has been my primary instrument. I will talk to my instructor. I think the drums/percussion is too much.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)
Note: I am using the first chart (2nd chart has too late ascending degree)
-Lot of Successful result falls @8 Taurus
a) posited in the 10th whole sign house of accomplishment and advancement
b) disposited by Venus which is posited in the ascendant in querent's signifying house

...indicative of success, so, the answer to your question is, no you will NOT flounder on any of the 2 band jazz concerts coming up!

Larxene

Haha well there you go, two different interpretations. :smile:

What I mean was that with positive questions like "Will I pass the exam?/Will I get the job?/Will she agree to marry me?", if the significators are weak (like in the first chart) and aspects unfavorable, the answer to the question will be "No."

However, I have not come across questions like yours which ask for the possibility of a negative outcome; other examples include "Will I fail the exam?/Will I fail to get the job?/Will she reject my proposal?"

In this situation, if we follow the scheme where weak significators means "No", then the answer would be "No, you will NOT fail in your performance", which would indicate a positive outcome. But generally, having weak significators is considered a bad thing.

So I chose to interpret it this way: weak significators = bad outcome, strong significators = good outcome. Then, the wording becomes irrelevant, because I only need to gauge which outcome is desirable.

However, I have not seen examples/evidence that this works, so I hope that the other astrologers would comment on this.

If time allows I will interpret your second chart. :smile:

Hope this helped,

~Larxene<3~

Morphstar

Hi,
In your new chart the ASC’ is too late, thus the chart isn’t valid. your initial chart however has the same question meaning.

This chart shows that currently you aren’t in a good place: Sun (you) is void, Venus – ruler of the house of fame is in the 12’th lonely house and about to square Mars, implying the difficulties to overcome. However, you can overcome the difficulties if you don’t despair and work hard, and be successful. The Sun, although void, is really just about to change signs, as if telling you push forward before handing the wand . it wouldn’t be enough to say that out of the context, but luckily, the ruler of the 10’th house of fame will enter your 1’st house right after you overcome the Mars’ difficulties, towards a nice sextile to Saturn. and last but not least, the moon (course of action) is beautiful, having only a sextile with Saturn to go, and in the 5’th house of fun.
good luck! :smile:

Jesusistheway

Thanks Dr. Farr, Larxene, and Morphstar!

Dr. Farr that sounds like really good news. Wow I was surprised.
Larxene thanks for your interpretations. I think a late ASC just means things have already been set. Every question is valid to me except the tricking ones.
Morphstar you were right on the money about my frustrated lonely position. That's how I've been feeling. But like you said as long as I push myself to practice more I'd do fine.

So me and my fellow student went and sat with the teacher about our frustrations. We are the type of musicians who started a band and like general pop music a Jazz band is entirely new to us. And she said to us look I understand, just stick it out and work it out the best you can. Everyone is in the same boat. So we practiced one on one with the director in a private room and finally I found out a method for practicing all 8 songs! But luckily I found out she is going to say "ok you on this song" and "you on that song" in about two weeks so I can just hammer it out those songs more than the other ones. I am going to practice a wee bit more and with someone else. :smile:

Larxene

Good to hear that things are starting to look up for you! :smile: Please update us on the results after your performances!

~Larxene<3~

Jesusistheway

Well funny thing is I only did one of the two performances but the teacher said everyone did well overall. She wasn't displeased so that was good. But I dropped the class after the teacher was a little upset that I wasn't catching on quick enough. Anyway I kinda wanted to leave so I could get more hours at work in. So I did. But I left with a taping of the Jazz band's performance and my mom enjoyed herself so that was great. The answer is I didn't flounder but I did leave before the next performance... too much on my mind outside and inside of class , I had to take it easy on one or the other I couldn't compromise on making needed money.