Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

RayAustin

I thought that Lady Gaga has Pisces Rising.
But Sagittarius Rising with Jupiter in Pisces fits even more for me.

@Ray Austin
I think that Sagittarius Rising fits better than Scorpio:
She appears too wild,adventurous and masculine.
Her first video was Just Dance.Look at her-she appears to be a party girl- she had also a wild past as dancer.The video is about self-indulgence.
Okay,she has rare friends but the Ascendant has nothing to do with friends,it's the Persona.
I know Sagittarius Risings with very rare friends- one has Sun in the 4th house like Gaga,so that makes her more focused about introversion/family/privacy.
Plus her ruler Jupiter is in Pisces and that's the reason why she appears so bizarre.

She is also nothing like other Scorpio Risings:
Claudia Schiffer,Liz Green, J.K. Rowling, Dannii Minogue or Megan Fox.

She has Scorpio Moon that's her wish to explore the secret and dark side of life.
Look at Stefani Germanotta- she is about independence-she was on a long journey to success.
Her Saturn in 1 shows her serious behaviour and lots of people thought that it might explain her stiff clothes.

Well, that's your opinion. :smile:
I think people are judging her too much on her public persona.. you shouldn't judge someone entirely by how they act while performing for the last few years. I'm taking into account as much pre-fame info there is and also pictures of how she looked when she didn't have millions of people to impress--it doesn't seem people are considering that too, since they keep mentioning "bizarre", "outrageous", but for most of her life she wasn't like that.

Last edited:

theM

I think people are judging her too much on her public persona.. you shouldn't judge someone entirely by how they act while performing for the last few years. I take into account as much pre-fame info there is and also pictures of how she looked when she didn't have millions of people to impress.

Just wanted to say my opinion and my reasons.I know 2 Sag risings who resemble her very much.
Everyone has its own opinion.
Bye and wish u a nice day,
M.:happy:

Last edited:

RayAustin

Just wanted to say my opinion and my reasons.i know a lot of Scorpio Risings and they are very different.I know 2 Sag risings who resemble her very much.
Everyone has its own opinion.
Bye and wish u a nice day,
M.:happy:
Yup .. there's no harm in that.:sideways:

Koitsumi

Hey guys, I think we all have gave some valuable opinion, and maybe we can agree that between those two signs (Scorpio and Sag) is the real rising sign, so, maybe some time in the future this chart will be posted so we can discuss even more about it. Greetings from Argentina.

Wames

I think people are judging her too much on her public persona.. you shouldn't judge someone entirely by how they act while performing for the last few years. I'm taking into account as much pre-fame info there is and also pictures of how she looked when she didn't have millions of people to impress--it doesn't seem people are considering that too, since they keep mentioning "bizarre", "outrageous", but for most of her life she wasn't like that.

Very true! Elvis Presley created a frenzy with his "bizarre and outrageous" pelvic thrusts while performing and he's a sag rising/cap sun. Strange sells and the point mentioned previously in this thread is that Gaga has her team called "Haus of Gaga" that go into creating and reinventing the product that's sold for the masses. There is nothing to be told about Gaga, the person, in a music video either. That is the work of directors and the record label, the director creates the concept and writes the pitch. That's what he/she is paid for. Most "artists" only concern themselves with their hair, makeup, and wardrobe.

I know next to nothing about Lady Gaga besides the fact she was once a burlesque dancer so I'm less than qualified to make a judgement about her or her rising. And besides a few pictures posted here of Gaga without makeup, I have a hard time determining what she really looks like since makeup is illusory and redefines facial features. But I wanted to add to this discussion that she has a tattoo by her favorite philosopher Rainer Maria Rilke on the inside of her left arm. It says: "In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer, and ask yourself, must I write?" I wasn't sure if this is well known by Lady Gaga fans or not.

summer92

Her astrotheme chart has been updated
She's a Sag Rising with Sun in 4th,Neptune in 2nd and Uranus in 1st along with Pluto in 11th..Alot like my chart like I expected :p

SecretGarden

I personally agree with the Sagittarius rising. I've been following this thread for a while now, and just signed up so that I could comment on it. I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga and am into music myself. I know we tend to look into the chart analytically because the placement of the 1st house would affect placement of the 10th, and other planets' relations to the 10th, but I prefer to just go with my gut and say that I think she is definitely a fire or air rising sign.

This is just what I think and I'm not saying I'm right, it's just my opinion. My first impression of her led me to believe that she was either a Leo rising or a Sagittarius rising.

Lady Gaga has said herself that she is an introvert until she gets on stage (the difference between who she is normally and the face she puts on for the world). When she gets onto stage she is incredibly brazen and bold, much like you'd expect a fire rising to behave. However, unlike a Leo rising, she doesn't care about "pride" while she is performing or in her videos. She isn't proud and doesn't care about being admired for her regal behavior. Again, this is just my opinion (as Leo rising myself). Even during interviews, she does the classic Sagittarius rising thing where she says whatever comes to her head and doesn't really care how it will come across (a trait that I personally really like about her!). I won't link you guys to any of these interviews, i'll just ask you to believe me when I say that I've seen almost all of them, as a huge Lady Gaga fan. With the slight exception of her Barbara Walters and Larry King interviews, when I think she was trying to behave especially respectfully and toning herself down a bit because they are such well known and well-respected people, she is quite opinionated and forward. She loves to talk about what she stands for and makes no apologies for it! She makes no bones about being a voice for gays and transgendered people. Listen to the song "Born This Way," her newest single. It has Sag rising written all over it.

This might not be a sufficient explanation for a lot of people, but I think when analyzing something as basic as a rising sign, one can go with their gut by observing how the subject in question comes across, and often be correct.

SecretGarden

If you go on YouTube, type in "MTV boiling point Lady Gaga" and watch her reaction/behavior while on the show. Totally Sag rising. very firey. This was before she was famous.

AriScoPis87

4 Things that Madonna and Lady Gaga Have in Common

1. Saturn in Sagittarius

Madonna and Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga was born right before Madonna’s first Saturn Return – Madonna was 28 when Lady Gaga was born. Lady Gaga’s Saturn is at 9 Sagittarius and Madonna’s Saturn is at 19 Sagittarius. The Sagittarian influence gives these women audacity.

Madonna could be a teacher and role model for Lady Gaga. With so much Aries and Scorpio, and Uranus in the 1st house, it’s unlikely that Lady Gaga will ever fully follow in anyone’s footsteps, however, if she ever needed some advice, Madonna could be someone to turn to (if Lady Gaga ever admitted she needed advice – not an easy task for Aries).

2. Fire Sun and Venus

Madonna has the Sun and Venus in Leo while Lady Gaga has the Sun and Venus in Aries.

Lady Gaga and Madonna’s Fire Suns give them the ability to act as an inspiration by doing rather than by talking. They show you how it’s done rather than talk about how it’s done.

Madonna has a Leo Venus semi-sextile Pluto showing that her creativity is more bound up with sex, control and power than with shock for its own sake. Lady Gaga has Venus in the 5th house trine Uranus in the 1st house giving a sense that she actually loves to shock people with her appearance – it’s fun for her, that’s how she gets her kicks.

Both women use fashion as self-expression. Lady’s Gaga’s 5th house Sun and Venus echo the same love of theatrics, creativity and self-expression as Madonna’s Leo Sun and Venus. These placements find sheer joy through display of personal creativity and they have the confidence to pull it off.

Madonna’s tests the rules for acceptable female sexual behavior – while still looking quite feminine, while Lady Gaga seems determined to challenge what good taste is in the first place, and also how far she can bend conventional notions of what is feminine.

Lady Gaga has Venus in Aries trine Uranus in Sagittarius: her style is loud. She runs to the extreme seeing how far fashion can go, testing our concept of what is attractive. She is willing to take aggressive risks. Gaga’s Moon in Scorpio and Venus in Aries give her the courage to dress as she wants with little regard for what people expect or what’s “pretty.”

Gaga would probably rather be despised or laughed at than sacrifice her freedom of choice in clothing.

3. Sun trine Saturn

Madonna has Sun in Leo trine Saturn in Sagittarius. Lady Gaga has Sun in Aries trine Saturn in Sagittarius.

Dedication and hard work are part of who they are. They are willing to put in the time and commitment to reach their goals. They both actually like working. Neither one of them wants to earn a couple million dollars and retire on the beach. They will probably, willingly, work for the rest of their lives if they have their way.

4. Sun in Fire square Mars in Earth

Madonna has Leo Sun square Mars in Taurus. Lady Gaga has Sun in Aries square Mars in Capricorn.

When you have the Sun square Mars you are basically fighting against yourself. This could mean that you beat yourself up, but if you are more like Lady Gaga or Madonna then you probably push yourself to achieve more. It’s likely that neither woman ever feels completely satisfied with what she’s achieved. They both feel compelled to challenge themselves more and more. In order to realize who they are they need obstacles and challenges. If everything was easy for them, they’d be bored. Both women have Mars in aspect to Uranus showing that they also understand how to act for shock value. These are the type of people who, if you tell them they can’t do something, will do everything in their power to prove you wrong.

With her Mars at 00 Capricorn in the 2nd house, Lady Gaga works hard for her money. She is likely a workaholic and might be hard on her body. She’s not as concerned with “perfection” as Madonna is, but she has high standards of what she expects from herself. Lady Gaga may be a lot of things, but she is not a slacker.

Madonna’s fixed square has staying power (which she has proved). With her Sun in the 12th house and Mars in the 9th house Madonna steadily builds upon what she has done before, while simultaneously transforming herself in the process. Madonna challenges herself with new visions of what is possible and who she can become. She’s delved deeper into herself and who she really is while also exploring religion and mysticism as she has gotten older. She challenges herself to grow and expand in the outer world and through inner work.

http://astrofix.net/2011/02/27/4-things-that-madonna-and-lady-gaga-have-in-common/

AriScoPis87

If you go on YouTube, type in "MTV boiling point Lady Gaga" and watch her reaction/behavior while on the show. Totally Sag rising. very firey. This was before she was famous.

But if you notice, her look overall, it's not very Sagittarius rising. They like bright colors and little more flash to their look. They also tend to have more brighter hair color too. One thing that sticks out is her eyes at 1:23 on the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri-KO34tpMU. Her eyes are piercing green/grey just like mine. I've got a strong scorpio-pluto aspect in the 8th house, but her Moon is in the 12th (home of the Pisces) and her Pluto is in the 11th (home of the Aquarius).

The thing that tips me off the most is the way she handles herself. She has this very cutting way of saying things back to the woman when she brings back the plate by saying: "who would put that in their mouth!? would you put that in your mouth???" and also the way she reacted before the food was brought out! I know plenty of very water influence people, especially pisces and scorpios, like myself, who have a tendency to touch their face when frustrated! Its also a very Aries thing to rub the temples when angry.

I know sagittarius types and they just BLOW UP when angry! They have no problem humiliating themselves when they know they are right about something. One of my best friends is a Sagittarius Sun-Moon, (I don't know her birthtime, but I feel she is a capricorn rising because of her work and money ethic fall into that zone).

Anyway, sagittarius people like britney spears (aquarius moon), christina aguilera (taurus moon), miley cyrus (another scorpio moon), all have a way of telling it like it is without any hesitation, but they always make sure to leave a laugh at the end of everything. They like making people laugh and smile, even when delivering honesty, something about a very Stand Up comedian fits the persona of many. Like Jon Stewart, a Sagittarius (Aquarius Moon) guy always does it. Justin Timberlake, an Aquarius (Sagittarius Moon) type of guy too.

So as you can see there are just some elements that don't add up to a Sagittarius rising, I should know my father falls into the category...

And FYI: all sagittarius rising individuals 80% of the time are above average height, especially if they have a fiery sun! Lady GaGa is 5'1"!!!

Gemini and Scorpio are the only other two that rising signs when attached to either a water or fire sun sign, can make the person above average, especially in the 2nd Decan of Scorpio Rising.

AriScoPis87

Another thing I'd like to add: One example of someone with a double scorpio placement: Beyonce. She is a Virgo w/ a Scorpio Moon-Rising. She is private off camera, but on stage she brings it ALL!

Thats a scorpio thing too. I'm quiet in person, but if I'm comfortable or in my element for dancing/performing and not nervous (or just enough adrenaline) I'll bring it all to the stage!

Scorpios are known to be very private and quiet about their lives, but if they are performers, they just go for it and leave nothing out. They don't like being fake and be as real to their fans on stage, as if they were in a private room with them.

Beyoncé - Video Phone ft. Lady Gaga (music video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkvXp0vdng

Lady Gaga - Telephone ft. Beyoncé (music video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U

Last edited:

AriScoPis87

List of Famous Women w/ Sagittarius Rising:
*They will only be tall if they have a Scorpio sun, Fire Sun, Air sun, or their sun/venus in the first house. Venus adds graceful beauty when in the first house.*

- Adriana Lima (Gemini Sun / Libra Moon) - 5'10"
- Alexis Bledel (Virgo Sun / Aries Moon) - 5'7"
- Alyssa Milano (Sagittarius Sun / Gemini Moon) - 5'2" (12th House Sun)
- Claire Forlani (Pisces Sun / Cancer Moon) - 5'7"
- Courteney Cox (Gemini Sun / Virgo Moon) - 5'5"
- Denise Richards (Aquarius Sun / Scorpio Moon) - 5'6"
- Princess Diana Spencer (Cancer Sun / Aquarius Moon) - 5'10"
- Elizabeth Taylor (Pisces Sun / Scorpio Moon) - 5'2" (3rd House Sun)
- Goldie Hawn (Scorpio Sun / Gemini Moon) - 5'6"
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scorpio Sun / Aries Moon) - 5'9"
- Jennifer Connelly (Sagittarius Sun / Gemini Moon) - 5' 6½"
- Jill Hennessy (Sagittarius Sun / Aquarius Moon) - 5'8"
- Joan Collins (Gemini Sun / Taurus Moon) - 5'6"
- Jodie Foster (Scorpio Sun / Virgo Moon) - 5' 3½" (11th House Sun)
- Kirsten Kreuk (Capricorn Sun / Cancer Moon) - 5'1" (2nd House Sun)
- Lauren Graham (Pisces Sun / Libra Moon) - 5'9"
- Mila Kunis (Leo Sun / Scorpio Moon) - 5'3" (9th House Sun)
- Paris Hilton (Aquarius Sun / Leo Moon) - 5'9"
- Rachel Weisz (Pisces Sun / Pisces Moon) - 5'7" (3rd House Sun) <-- Venus in the same sign as her sun!

SecretGarden

I still think she is a Sagittarius rising, though Gemini would be my second guess. I guess we'll never know unless we ask her or see her birth certificate.

Koitsumi

I love how far this thread has reached. I changed my opinions about her a bit since I started posting in here. In the beginning I thought that she was a Pisces Ascendant, then with the contributions of RayAustin I moved to Scorpio, and now all these people emphasising on Sagittarius. Everyone has such strong arguments. I try to use both intuition and rational knowledge. My conclusion is that I can see a Water Ascendant (let's take Cancer and Pisces out of the question). So it remains Scorpio. Regarding of the influence of such Scorpio Moon, Scorpio comes to me when I see her videos. She also looks reserved, a bit shy and so on, without taking into account her stage persona.
Sagittarius also could be, she's very optimistic and blindly (does that word exist?) self-confident. But that influence may comes from her Sun, don't know.
I am between Scorpio and Sagittarius. Don't forget of the type of experiences that each Ascendant goes through in their lives (i.e. Intoxication problems with an Scorpio rising, death of a relative, conflicts between parents, etc; Sagittarius: religious/philosophical focused early environment, abundance, master/apprentice relationships, long journeys, oscilations between skepticism and faith, etc).

RockFish

People say her outfits, makeup, video, etc, are a work of a team and therefore they shouldn't be considered when it comes to the rising sign, well, I disagree, the rising sign is not limited to what we look like naturally, but also of what we dress, how we present ourselves to the world and how the world perceives us. The rising sign speaks of the colors one uses, of the shape of clothes, and the general impression that people have of you.

I have Mercury rising and I can assure you that not only it rules my looks and outfits, but also how I come across on a person-to-person level. When talking about how they see me, my personality, etc, a lot of people make comments related to mercurian traits. So, if she presents herself all the time as a 'freak', and if 'freak' and 'outrageous' and 'monster' are the first things that people think when they mention Lady Gaga, there's a high chance that a freakish sign or planet is perched on her AC.

AriScoPis87

People say her outfits, makeup, video, etc, are a work of a team and therefore they shouldn't be considered when it comes to the rising sign, well, I disagree, the rising sign is not limited to what we look like naturally, but also of what we dress, how we present ourselves to the world and how the world perceives us. The rising sign speaks of the colors one uses, of the shape of clothes, and the general impression that people have of you.

I have Mercury rising and I can assure you that not only it rules my looks and outfits, but also how I come across on a person-to-person level. When talking about how they see me, my personality, etc, a lot of people make comments related to mercurian traits. So, if she presents herself all the time as a 'freak', and if 'freak' and 'outrageous' and 'monster' are the first things that people think when they mention Lady Gaga, there's a high chance that a freakish sign or planet is perched on her AC.

This is all true. She has some very favorite Italian designers that are very different from what we have in america. My only thought is since those styles seem to be her thing. I wonder what those designers astrological Sun/Moon/Rising signs are? This could be a small clue as to what her rising could be!

AriScoPis87

Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Official Video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

See the thing is she created the concept for this and it has TONS of rebirth, life, and death elements, which all reside in Scorpio energy for sun/moon/rising signs. There is also tons and tons of black clothing! Scorpio people wear a ton of black clothing, a lot of sunglasses, and are the only ones that no matter their body image they still dress sophisticated, but sexy.

I'm totally loving the part where she looks like a Day of Dead painting doll w/ the crazy pink extensions! Her uranus is playing into that so is her scorpio moon for the face painting (scorpios live behind masks with make up) and her uranus for the diverse suit and hair.

SecretGarden

Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Official Video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

See the thing is she created the concept for this and it has TONS of rebirth, life, and death elements, which all reside in Scorpio energy for sun/moon/rising signs. There is also tons and tons of black clothing! Scorpio people wear a ton of black clothing, a lot of sunglasses, and are the only ones that no matter their body image they still dress sophisticated, but sexy.

I'm totally loving the part where she looks like a Day of Dead painting doll w/ the crazy pink extensions! Her uranus is playing into that so is her scorpio moon for the face painting (scorpios live behind masks with make up) and her uranus for the diverse suit and hair.

I am not a Scorpio ascendant and I wear a lot of black. I have a fire ascendant and a Scorpio moon and I wear black almost everyday and it's my favorite color. If you notice, when Lady Gaga first became famous (when she was putting on her game face so that people would like her - because that is the objective of a new artist), she did not wear any black or any really really crazy out of this world clothing at all. Watch her video "Just Dance." She didn't make crazy videos like she does now. She has only started doing this now that she is comfortable and has developed a huge fan base. Better yet, listen to her her first demos. Type in "Wish You Were Here Lady Gaga" or "Red and Blue Lady Gaga" onto YouTube. She wrote these songs when she was about 18-19, several years before fame. These songs and demo photos do not give off a Scorpio rising vibe at all.

It makes sense that her Scorpio moon would come out more now that she is famous and more confident. She even admitted to not responding to her real name - Stefani - when she first became famous. Now that she is extremely famous and in the rarest of pop stratospheres, she is comfortable with herself and she understands that Stefani and Gaga are one person. She has said this herself in an interview. She is always extremely outspoken and her song lyrics for me are far too direct for her to have a Scorpio rising. When people write music they are very aware of how it will come across to others. Lady Gaga really isn't that reserved.

Last edited:

AriScoPis87

@ SecretGarden,

I have the exact same Sun (Aries) and Moon (Scorpio) as Lady Gaga. The thing is that she acts like a typical combination of the both, which I can 100% relate to when I see her in interviews, especially the one she had on Jay Leno's show after the Grammy's. She not only came in all black, but she wore her sunglasses, and was still wearing her f/x make-up from her performance as well.

I have a huge thing for prosthetic make-up and creepy looks, especially around halloween. But she has a very strong Scorpio feel, especially from her most recent video. I wasn't at all disturbed by it and I support it 200%. Gaga could for all we know have a Pisces rising and her Decan of that could be in Scorpio (just like myself). Being she is born in 1986, she would have a Jupiter Pisces and if she does have a Pisces rising the two would conjunct creating this very lucky like atmosphere around her, which would trine her moon giving her the ability to express herself easily...