Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

Courtney Love

I keep thinking Virgo for reasons I can't explain. maybe something as simple as having plastic surgery to "perfect" her face... I also don't like her, and I tend to dislike those with strong virgo elements in their charts, and I don't see any in hers...

patedaine

This has gotten my curiosity. I don't know much about her career but I did watch the video. I think she is late Leo. That would give her a Taurus MC (I used 2:42 pm) with Venus in Aries dispositing to Mars conj Nep in the 5th: strong charisma in the performing arts (5th)? And Venus is trine the Mars, Nep conj.
Venus also rules the 3rd of communication. So she has a real need to communicate through the performing arts. Venus trines the Asc and forms a Fire Grand Trine (Asc, Venus, Mars conj Nep). I think that shows her fear of being ignored (especially with Leo on the Asc).
The Sun ruling the Asc in the 8th seems to suggest the highly sexual nature of her art.
Also (if this were to be the right time) her SA Venus (ruler of her Natal MC) is 2 degrees from a conj to the MC! So her career is just taking off, hasn't even peaked.
I know I am probably completely off base. But it was fun anyway!!

starnart

I think it is Taurus. This would render an enigmatic 12th house, Aries Sun and Venus. The recent Aquarius, Jupiter and Neptune transits would have hit her MC and brought the publics attention and fame to her. A natal Uranus in the 8th would explain her sexual eccentricities. A Scorpio Moon would be in her 6th giving the "Virgo flavor" we feel....Pluto is close to that Moon...go domanatrix....if her entertainment field flops she can become a nurse from hell.......she'll fit right in....12th houser and all!!

synthesis

My guesses on her rising are:

- scorpio asc with her moon/pluto conjunction somewhere around the asc cusp (around 9 p.m.)

- around the last degree of sagittarius rising with mars and neptune in the 1st conj asc, + saturn and uranus in 12th w. uranus also conjuncting th
asc + sun in 3rd, moon/pluto in 10th and venus conj ic (1 a.m.)

- around the last degrees or aries rising with the node conj the asc and also venus around there, sun in 12th, moon/pluto in 7th, mars/neptune in 9th.

But it leans towards the first 2 I think.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Really? Nobody guessed Libra? With her obsession with fashion, being popular, romance, art...

Or Gemini? (She's a talker, the energy, the adaptability [to the biz], something about her limbs and face)

Last edited:

RockFish

I've been following her career and I read far too many opinions about Gaga being "ugly", which means, not fitting the beauty standards. I believe the ascendant can be shown by how we are perceived, so, if she is generally perceived as not a classic beauty, this rules out Libra rising and Venus on ascendant, imo.

There was a lot of talk about her possibly being a transgender, hermaphrodite, all sorts of talks about Gaga having a penis, which obviously is tabloid ****, but till now the whole incident gives rise to a lot of jokes about "tuck games" and other stuff that imply that she has a penis. So, I'm guessing Aries or Mars on ascendant.

Her Mars is in between Sagittarius and Capricorn, and is conjunct Uranus in Sagit and Neptune in Cap. I'm guessing this combo can be around her ascendant, since she was perceived as someone with masculine traits (Mars) and her public persona is a shape-shifter (Neptune) and eccentric to the extreme (Uranus).

Late Sagittarius or early Capricorn is my guess. That would send Libra straight to her midheaven, which would indicate an artistic career, with ruler Venus angular in the 4th in Aries.

Also Mercury in Pisces in the 3rd (voice, communications), and Moon in the 10th.

(I'm not sure if I like her. I find her ambition and drive interesting, and she presents herself as an inovator, but I think her music is everything but groundbreaking...............)

RockFish

- around the last degree of sagittarius rising with mars and neptune in the 1st conj asc, + saturn and uranus in 12th w. uranus also conjuncting th
asc + sun in 3rd, moon/pluto in 10th and venus conj ic (1 a.m.)

Heh, synthesis, I read your post after I wrote mine, I agree with this. this is my guess as well.:cool:

RockFish

Obviously I'm not saying she is a hermaphrodite or a transvestite, I thought this was clear in my post. Obviously she' a woman, but I'm talking about public perception as a hint about someone's ascendant. The fact that there was speculation (that hit the newspapers) about an alleged penis only speaks about the ascendant, I believe.

In Bad Romance she deliberatedly twists and distorts her body to look like a monster or a freak (Uranus). I don't think that is very venusian. In some parts of it she might have looked venusian, but there is a consistent degree of violence (Mars) in this video and in Papparazzi, and I guess most people would agree that her freakshiness is her trademark. Venus would be prominent in a 1 a.m. chart, since it would be angular and squaring the ascendant, so obviously it wouldn't be missing in the combo, but I just don't see her as someone with venus on ascendant.

Sorry, edit to correct: Venus would be trining the ascendant in a 1:00 am chart.

Last edited:

smilingsteph

She is androgenous in her look....

I think that people have a hard time with her and say these things about her to get her to reveal more personal sides to her enigmatic persona. People dont do well when celebrities cannot be figured out, or placed on the same level as the rest of us. I think she is going to be around for a very long time because she is very entertaining and innovative...

Aqua rising all the way...

astro-kay

i also thought maybe libra or virgo ,since many libra's are often fasion conscience
her 'style' may be unique but her personality is sooooo dull and i think her fashion sense is a way to hide the fact she is really quite boring .
her moon is scorpio right? there are a lot of scorpio moons who appear to be be very dull ....or maybe they are just withholding aspects of themselves.

tikana

Neve

it is impossible for Lady Gaga nor anyone else to have Uranus on asce while Aries rising
Uranus was 22 sag when she was born

She could be Aries rising with Venus on asce! that is possible but Not Uranus in Aries

LadyGagachart.GIF

smilingsteph

I totally disagree with a Libra rising. They are into fashion, but they are into the softness in the lines of fashion. It is not a sign that is into harsh styles. Plus Gaga does not have the "nice gal" image that Libras have.

Taurus rising likes more comfortable clothing. More of a bohemian style, which Lady Gaga's style is not.

I still stick with aqua rising....

I dont know why I am the only one who thinks so.....:cool:

RockFish

Hi Steph, aqua rising makes sense to me in some ways, but I go with uranus and mars on Ascendant (late Sagit, early Cap) due to the other planetary positions, that seem to "fit" well in my point of view.

Uranus on ascendant is an equivalent to Aqua rising, so I guess we are thinking in the same lines. :cool: