Singleton Planet -- What does it say?

sophistiq

I have a Jupiter Singleton and even in my progressed chart, it remains a Singleton -- Jupiter. I am also concerned if I can consider this as a Yod? How strong is a Singleton Planet? Can you say that my Neptune is a Singleton, too or is it just Jupiter?

Do you have a singleton planet, too? How do you feel the effect of that? Coz so far, I don't think I felt the effect of that in my life.. :lol: I'm not sure, maybe because it's in Retrograde?

I attached my chart for a clearer picture.

Attachments

• Natal.Chart.jpg
    Natal.Chart.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 51

AstroLogical

If anything, the lone planet (singleton) would be stronger because of a natural desire in nature to find balance. If Jupiter is the only planet offering any form of opposition in your chart then it becomes more important in that respect. If there were no aspects from Jupiter to other planets then it may seem more difficult to connect with that "quality" in you nature. But as it is you do have aspects from other planets to Jupiter including a very tight trine to Uranus.

As it is, Jupiter is quite important for you and is obvious in your close personal relationships—7th House. As long as your Mars in Libra (Oh! Scorpio person) in the first house is running clean energy, thus not pushing people away from you, Jupiter should prove its classic key word "abundance." So, you should in fact, be very aware of Jupiter's contribution in your life with many friends or opportunities for friends.

The fact that you are "concerned" with this "singleton" planet is in part the result of the retrograde. Retro can cause one to be a bit more concerned with the matters relating to that planet—as you are illustrating with your question.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Perhaps you could PM me privately with the birthdate that you used to make the chart so that I could look at it using my own software?

sophistiq

In psychological astrology(particularly of Noel Tyl) a singleton planet can be considered very powerful, and sometimes running away with the chart.

However I am a modern(non-psychological astrologer---meaning I don't base my astrology on some kind of psycho-analystic personality theory). I use a method which takes into consideration research into chart relationships that have consistently led to events(as opposed to leading to thoughts about events).

I don't see Jupiter as particularly strong. It has a little more that half the power of your most powerful planet which is the Sun. However, what it does have is very low friction. This means that the energies of Jupiter are very easily used in your chart, and their use causes good things to happen. Because of this, you will have learned over time that they work easily and well.

Jupiter also doesn't have any issues like being in a critical degree or being out of bounds which would take it in a out of control direction. However because of its very low friction, your strongest and best aspect is the Trine between Jupiter and Uranus. This gives you enormous creativity and works to focus you toward the goals that you desire. when you combine that with your high Moon latitude, you expect to get what you want and you usually do(even if what you want sometimes even takes off without you):smile:.

The fact that Uranus is out of bounds, only increases the creativity to sometimes eccentric levels, and also increases your need for freedom.

I am not a proponent of one sided views of just one planet. You need to combine the Jupiter with with lots of other things to get a good appreciation of what it means for your chart as a whole.

Questions?

Z

I see Saturn is conjunct with Uranus.. and since the two planets have different energies.. one freedom-loving and the other stifling, also conjunct with moon, will this affect the flow of Jupiter (say strengthen or weaken it?)

AstroLogical

I see Saturn is conjunct with Uranus.. and since the two planets have different energies.. one freedom-loving and the other stifling, also conjunct with moon, will this affect the flow of Jupiter (say strengthen or weaken it?)

Poor Saturn, always getting the bad rap... I wouldn't consider Saturn "stifling" unless you are running your energy agains the grain of Life. Saturn is there to provide structure. Uranus provides the spark to eliminate structure which has become dogma and ritual for it's own sake—a liberator of the mind. (and where the mind goes so does... I forgot :wink:)

Jupiter's trine to Uranus and Saturn together should provide you with a gentle flow of knowledge, philosophy and traditional education to help learn to balance the need for a workable structure and the guts to disregard what is no longer useful in your life. The two can dance together and to adopt that as a working premiss would serve you well. Saturn is not opposed to restructure, it does it all the time. Saturn would protest rebellion for the sake of rebellion but primal fear and and unhealthy ego aside, Saturn welcomes the high minded insight Uranus can offer. Learn to recognize how they can benefit one another.

I would also add, that the conjunction of Mercury and Pluto should provide you with a prying inquisitiveness that won't let you rest until you've bored down to the core of a matter. The only danger in that is the Plutonic energy is strong in Scorpio and may nearly drowned Mercury if you become obsessed with an idea. Don't let that happen. Mercury is not a water planet. Give it an opportunity to come up for air.

Personally, I would consider Mercury and Pluto's conjunction to the Sun as rather wide but of course aspects to your Sun are thin so considering minor aspects when majors are limited or non existent is a worthwhile study—all be it one that requires a careful peeling of the onion. Look up "Krewster" on this forum and message him. He's really into minor aspects and quite good at it. At the very least he'll give you something serious to chew on.
A*L

Krewster

Unaspected planets are a research opportunity goldmine, since there's "always" some minor aspect(s) to that planet the influence of which hopefullly can be observed in relative isolation.

Among them, I am far better at handling unaspected personal planets, which your Jup is not (any volunteers with such unaspected personal planets in charts to share...?....say, unaspected within a 4 degree orb or so).

Back to your chart, your Jup is hardly unaspected, notably making a 2.22 degree loose 135 aspect to your Moon (probably, when tighter orbed, indicating a tendency to hormone imbalance and/or weight-retention and/or over-aggrandized social personality behavior?).

You also asked about your Nept and (besides the obvious sextiles to Sun/Merc), Ven lies 45 away (though 2 degrees loose), again probably when tighter orbed indicating fuzzy goals/fuzzy results about how money is handled and/or subjects of love approached.

Your chart seems mostly positive (it is a coincidence that focusing only on the questions you asked pointed to the less shiny bits).

M

may28gemini

I'm sorry, I'm a little lost. How is your Aries Jupiter a singleton? Don't you have other fire planets? I always thought singleton is by element, mode, or (in modern astrology) elemental houses.

If anything, your Capricorn Neptune would be a double singleton as it's the only Earth planet in the only Water house.

I like your chart. I think it's a pretty good one, overall. I don't often say that as I've seen many charts, and 97% are either bad/mediocre/yucky/blah, 2% are really tragic and sad, 0.5 % good, 0.4% excellent, 0.1 % marginal error. I'm not being arrogant but I'm usually spot on, despite my unorthodox methods of obtaining information.

Your Jupiter Rx is in good shape. It receives help from Saturn trine and Uranus trine so it gets "lifted" from complete abysmal retrograde effects. Rejoice! I think Jupiter trine Uranus is really cool because that's good fortune coming out from the woodwork. Do you enter in contests? Or do you win random prizes? I have Jupiter sextile Uranus and I always randomly win stuff and if I play scratchers lotto, I win the money back. I would imagine your Jup-Uran trine to be much more powerful as yours is very close degrees.

The generic problem with your Rx might make it a little harder for you to realize how lucky you truly are and being that it's in the 7th house, perhaps you accidentally take your close relationships for granted but it seems that you are always trying to make good with your relationships and try to stay positive when it comes to interacting with others. People look to you for goodwill and support.

I have 3 singletons- 8th house Taurus Mars and Sagittarius Neptune. Mars is my only Earth planet and it occupies the only water house so it's double singleton and part of my Mystic Rectangle. Neptune is the only Fire planet and is part of a T-Square. Let's put it this way- I use my Mars all the time (angry, calm, in-between). Neptune, not so much.

Last edited:

mdinaz

This is the classic 'bucket' configuration with Jupiter being the handle of the bucket. This makes Jupiter the focus of all the energy from the 'bowl' portion of the chart, which is all the other planets. The many aspects there (conjunctions, etc) focus the energy like a magnifying glass out to the handle planet, which in your case is Jupiter. It is far from a singleton, quite the opposite. Many ambitious, driven or otherwise famous people have bucket charts as the handle planet is often the exit point of all their creativity. Your handle planet leans towards the leading edge of the bucket so your creativity is a bit more impulsive and less-planned out than one that is centered or leans the opposite way, but it is still a powerful configuration. With the aspects of Sun/Neptune, Chiron/Sun, and Ceres/Neptune, along with Jupiter and Node in 7th house, perhaps you'd be good at couples counseling, as arbiter or mediator, etc - someplace you can harness your own latent psychic and intuitive abilities to help people, not just in personal relationships but business as well.

sophistiq

@AstroLogical: Thank you for reminding me that I have to gasp for air, sometimes. Often, when I want something (and this is not just for mercury issues but also goals, etc.) I tend to focus on it a lot to the point of putting other things by the wayside then burning myself out in the process. The "wanting" for goals, achievements, etc. is so intense, I forget to relax and gasping for mercury air seems so alien :alien: to me, feeling awkward in social situations. This is something my dad, brother, boyfriend and 2 friends have told me about. LOL. Working on balance. :)

@Krewster: Yes on hormonal imbalance, I have hyper-thyroidism.:andy:

@May28Gemini: Quite insightful. Finally an answer to which planet is singleton. I am always bothered whether Jupiter is, and you confirmed my hunch that Neptune is "it." Now, I have to research on that, too. I wonder how it would be affected by the Square in Mars?

The Jupiter Rx in 7th house and putting close relationships for granted.. that's a refreshing take as I have never come across a joint interpretation for that. Thanks a lot!

As for Uranus trine Jupiter, I rarely join contests, but maybe I should? I guess my Saturn is working with Uranus telling me the surest way to win is with hard work. I feel neurotic saying that.

With your chart example and how I see the strength of Mars in your chart, consciously knowing the impact of Neptune in my chart scares me. lol But I gotta face the music, I guess.

@Mdinaz: It's interesting you also included the asteroids. I didn't notice that Sun has an aspect with Chiron (trine) until you pointed that out. Thanks a lot! As for Neptune and Ceres, I believe they're also opposite MC, so I'm not sure how that affects the "goodness" :innocent: of this placement, plus Lilith in 10th house. I included here a chart with angles.

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• Natal.Chart..jpg
    Natal.Chart..jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 46

mdinaz

As for Neptune and Ceres, I believe they're also opposite MC, so I'm not sure how that affects the "goodness"

The Neptune/Ceres opposite MC is not all bad. It's just telling you that don't allow your idealism and desire to help get away from you and affect business. In other words, if you were a counselor, for example, don't give away your services for free and get all wrapped up in the idealism of what your doing because you feel bad for the client - you still have to eat and pay rent, and there is no guilt in that. Oppositions are simply about balance, they're not all bad.

mdinaz

These things couldn't be better in simple layman's term. Thank you! How about the square in Mars and Ascendant?

Typically a Mars conjunct ASC and square MC would indicate impulsiveness and a level of hot-headedness when dealing with the outside world, and people may perceive you as such. However, Mars is in Libra which is a very weak sign for Mars so you may be impulsive and then change your mind or perform actions counter to what you had stated, or constantly modify your actions to make other people happy. The square to Neptune would also show that what you do isn't what you always think you do and what other people perceive you as doing. Your actions aren't always clear. More concerning is the Mercury/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio, in which you may instead attempt to control through verbal actions rather than physical actions. This gives you the ability to cut people down to size and control them through verbal intimidation. If wanting to work in the field of counseling or helping people, this isn't a great way to do it. Perhaps this is your life lesson, especially with the node in the 7th.

Many people also equate Mars/Neptune squares with addiction however the signs involved don't indicate that to me. You could possibly over-indulge on occasion but I wouldn't consider it a dangerous placement, especially with the 5 degree orb.

sophistiq

I actually thought of that when I was younger, and when I learned about natal charts, my chart concurred it would be best to be a lawyer-politician. My dad discouraged me from doing so and now that I look at it, that's on my natal chart, too. He's a Cancer, BTW. (My 10th house at Cancer.) Funny how things work.