Waning moon at birth = difficult birth?

Moog

I read this recently, that a 'dark' moon at birth can indicate a difficult delivery.

I had a difficult arrival. I have a big scar on my left forehead from where I was dragged out with forceps.

A friend of mine with a heavily waning moon died temporarily during birth, and had a tongue problem that needed corrective surgery and speech therapy.

I'd like to know if any of you or your children born with the sun and moon in close proximity had a difficult delivery.

Zonark

I read this recently, that a 'dark' moon at birth can indicate a difficult delivery.

I had a difficult arrival. I have a big scar on my left forehead from where I was dragged out with forceps.

A friend of mine with a heavily waning moon died temporarily during birth, and had a tongue problem that needed corrective surgery and speech therapy.

I'd like to know if any of you or your children born with the sun and moon in close proximity had a difficult delivery.

I was born in the Balsamic Moon natal phase close to the Sun (within 33 degrees, Sun Leo Moon Cancer). I was my mother's first so that adds something to it but she's told me it was an unusually long birth. I came into the world healthy though. She worked as an RN in the ER at the time so she had a good idea as to what constituted a 'long birth'.

Janus

Interesting idea, I had a difficult birth myself (I was born Brow) so I would be curious to know.

The thing is I'm not sure what the moon phase was when I was born. If you know of any online calculators can you link me to one? I was born on the 20th of January, 1987 in Timboon Australia (close to Melbourne) if that helps.

DreamingTheSeas

Interesting idea, I had a difficult birth myself (I was born Brow) so I would be curious to know.

The thing is I'm not sure what the moon phase was when I was born. If you know of any online calculators can you link me to one? I was born on the 20th of January, 1987 in Timboon Australia (close to Melbourne) if that helps.

Waning disseminating Moon

Janus

Oh, really? Are you sure? If so that's an interesting link. And forgive my ignorance, but what does disseminating mean?

Seasoul

According to an online calculator, I was born during a waning gibbous moon.

According to my mother I was a long birth 24 or so hours, and I was around 10 days overdue - although we know that due dates aren't always accurate, so in reality I may not have been as overdue as they thought.

I was also an epidural and forceps birth. She considered it difficult.

Hope this helps, it's an interesting thought.

Moog

For those who aren't familiar with the moon phases, here's a useful diagram

http://www.astrologycom.com/images/wheellarge.jpeg

I won't embed that, it's a bit large.

By waning, I'm really referring to the last phases, balsamic.

In some of the Indian literature I've read, a full moon is considered benefic and a 'thin' moon is malefic.

I think I read the waning moon = difficult birth in Bill Levacy's book.

My Moon is also afflicted most heavily by Saturn, and Rahu is in the area too, so it's hard to pick apart what's what.

Last edited:

Caro

my niece has sun in sagi 9 degrees. moon in scorpio 27 degrees.
she was deprived of oxygen at birth(born premature) and has cerebral palsy. (a libra asc)

JUPITERASC

I read this recently, that a 'dark' moon at birth can indicate a difficult delivery. I had a difficult arrival. I have a big scar on my left forehead from where I was dragged out with forceps
Any links to the article?
A friend of mine with a heavily waning moon died temporarily during birth, and had a tongue problem that needed corrective surgery and speech therapy
What is your definition of a 'heavily waning moon'?

What other aspects of the natal chart may have explained the event?
Even more interesting to study data of those with waxing moon and/or full moon births that were equally 'difficult arrivals' :smile:

Inline

I read this recently, that a 'dark' moon at birth can indicate a difficult delivery....
My experience is that this point could be true, too.

My husband was born with Sun and Moon in Aquarius, a waning balsamic moon, with Capricorn rising and had a very long, painful delivery. His mother almost bled to death after the birth.

Last edited:

Moog

Any links to the article?

What is your definition of a 'heavily waning moon'?

What other aspects of the natal chart may have explained the event?

Even more interesting to study data of those with waxing moon and/or full moon births that were equally 'difficult arrivals' :smile:

I think it was in Bill Levacy's book, I can't find the passage now.

Sure, you could have other causes of difficult birth. I'm not saying no other factors could apply.

kimbermoon

I was born under the disseminating Moon Phase, between the Full Moon and the waning last quarter. 'Waning' means when the Moon is weakening in it's influence, while the 'waxing' phase is about the energies increasing. It is believed that the Moon Phase can be significant in one's overall degree of consciousness. It also has to do with the relationship between the parents at the time of early infancy. My Sun [Cancer] and Moon [Pisces] are distant from the ascendant, however I have Saturn joined with Neptune in the 12th; I too was born a blue baby [in respiratory distress] and was separated from my mother for a time. The birth cord was wrapped around my neck, and I see the connection with Saturn as being 'near strangulation'.

diamondbaby

I was born during Disseminating Moon (during the Waning Trine more specifically; Sagittarius :sagittarius: Sun :sun: , Leo :leo: Moon :moon:). My birth was easy and uncomplicated, I was a perfectly healthy baby. :joyful:

However, my husband was born during Balsamic Moon (Sun :sun: in Virgo :virgo:, Moon :moon: in Leo :leo:) and his birth was a difficult one. After birth got jaundice and was a sickly baby overall. :sad: Luckily he grew up to be a healthy child and adult.

Last edited: