Discussion: Upper & Lower Horizons

Choe

Do you feel there is much veracity in the thought that those with a predominance of planets above the horizon are extraverted, while those with a predominance of planets below are introverted; that those with top-heavy charts meet with recognition easily and are more easily heard, and that those bottom-heavy individuals seldom meet their due recognition and often go unseen.

I was reading a discussion of this at tribe.net and I am interested as to how it will be met with here. It has been brought to my attention not infrequently that those with planets below often go unheard when their point may have been just as cogent as that preceding. Or that person may raise something to attention, and go unnoticed, while someone else later raises the selfsame object to the notice of all.
This should pertain also to members here and the impression they impart the others. I have noticed that each member tends to have their own distinct emanation, which is not to be contained in the meaning or manner of their words alone, but in the barest presence. Some have an amiable vibration, while others seem naturally unapproachable; others are in possession of an unsubduable command; some feeble no matter how strong their written conviction.

This is a struggle between the light and the dark, the Sun and the Moon, the Objective and Subjective. Perhaps the fate of this thread will be a matter of interest in itself.

And what of the paradox of the twelfth house being of the upper horizon, and the fifth house of the lower?

This is such an important topic.

I agree totally with the bold. I would also say: upper-horizon people are more socially involved and active, while under-horizon people are rather introspective and like to lead a private life.

It's an injustice though not to be heard,when they are as smart, if not smarter than the upper-horizon people.

Last edited:

cindystubbs

In a night chart the upper hemisphere becomes "night" according to sect, doesn't it?

It seems hemisphere is very important, I have a bro-in -law with all
his planets on the right side of his chart and he quite literally cannot do anything by himself.

I myself have both up and down hemispheres but it's true that the lower one does not get noticed, like I am responsible but saturn is at the bottom of my chart and no one thinks me responsible.

HoldOrFold

Hrmm, well I can't imagine someone with lots of planets in the 3rd and 5th house being introverted. And I can't see someone with majority of planets in the 8th being extroverted.

tsmall

Premium Member
Well, I have all but one planet above the horizon, and I can be extroverted when the situation calls for it, but it's exhausting. My best friend has all of her planets below the horizon and is the most extroverted person I know. As we are both in the same career field, I can say that she has also received her "due" recognition, while my contributions are often unseen by those handing out promotions, lol.