Outer planet transit active times?

madame moon

In the case of outer planets, a transit can last for years. But I was recently wondering if they are only "active" while in an exact hit or a tight orbt, such as 1.5 degrees, then wane in it's impact, only to return again once in orb.

Or, is it an influence the whole time? I ask because for example, I'm currently experiencing Neptune square Mars. All of the interpretations warn about being framed, conned, or to watch out and don't plan anything significant. But unfortunately, one can't put their life on hold for several years. So, I'm wondering if these warnings only apply perhaps when they are in "orb."

Thanks!

JUPITERASC

In the case of outer planets, a transit can last for years. But I was recently wondering if they are only "active" while in an exact hit or a tight orbt, such as 1.5 degrees, then wane in it's impact, only to return again once in orb.

Or, is it an influence the whole time? I ask because for example, I'm currently experiencing Neptune square Mars. All of the interpretations warn about being framed, conned, or to watch out and don't plan anything significant. But unfortunately, one can't put their life on hold for several years. So, I'm wondering if these warnings only apply perhaps when they are in "orb."

Thanks!
As you have said, one cannot realistically put one's life on hold for years just in case one is 'framed' or 'conned' due to a particular transit... however that's just my opinion and of course others could disagree :smile:

While waiting the several years apparently necessary madame moon, it's worth considering other planetary influence - remember that astrologers warned against deceivers long before Neptune was finally observed with the aid of powerful telescopes.

For instance, approximately two thousand years ago, Vettius Valens wrote: “Saturn is connected with deceit and secretive trickery”

Claire19

Outer planets have no influence unless they directly hit your natal planets and within 2 degree orb approaching and separating. THere always has to be a trigger of the natal chart influences. Unless you have a similar aspect between the planets involved also present in a natal you would not feel much effect. i.e. Neptune conjuncting Moon in transit and a natal Neptune Moon sextile for instance.

There are major life changes with Saturn Returns, any strong aspect with Uranus and Neptune and some use Pluto but I dont, these days.
THey have to hit personal planets to be felt in your everyday life.

Alice McDermott

Thanks!

The transit of an outer planet starts when a lunation or inner planet, particularly Mars, first triggers the activation just before it moves into a one degree orb of the natal planet.

The transit then lasts for that whole duration until it is completed by a lunation or inner planet transit after the outer planet moves away from its final one degree orb to the natal planet.

It doesn't matter at all if the outer planet transit moves beyond a two degree orb during this whole transit, the transit is still in operation.

You can see the story of that whole transit by the times it is activaed by lunations and inner planet triggers. During these periods you meet people or have events that are connected to the totality of the transit so it is always a good idea to keep an eye on what happens whenever it is triggered.

To illustrate: attached is a 90 degree graphic ephemeris of Julian Assange's current Neptune transit over his Ascendant-Neptune-Saturn configuration. You can see the transit starting in May 2011, but first activated by Mars in February 2011. Even though by November 2011 Neptune had moved back into Aquarius the transit was still active and was triggered by Mars around the middle of November. The transit continues until December 2013 and will be triggered by any lunation or transit that is close to 0-5 degrees of mutables. For some reason my program crashes whenever I try to include the lunations, but I am sure you get the idea.

This doesn't mean you put your life on hold for fear of a transit!

* First of all, transits tend not to bring about big events unless the natal planet is also activated by a progression or direction.

* Secondly, there are means to handle the difficult manifestations of a transit. For example, transiting Neptune square Mars tends to deplete the iron content in the body and therefore the physical energy, it can also make you more susceptible to poisons, virus and bacteria; if you see a naturopath for the duration of the transit she or he can keep an eye on your physical wellbeing and give herbal medicines to compensate for these problems. If the physical body has the means to cope well with the transit, then it rarely gives too many problems in other areas.

* Thirdly, let commonsense be your guide! If someone comes up with a scheme that looks promising, then get an expert to check it out. If Mars is connected to any part of your chart involving financial matters this becomes imperative and it is probably wise not to invest during this whole period.

* Fourthly observe, observe, observe! Everyone responds to transits differently and even though some are notorious for bringing difficulties, there are often helpful and beneficial events as well. If you are having difficulties, when a transiting planet trines the activated natal planet quite often a helpful person appears who helps you sort out the problem or supports you in some way. When a transiting planet is in quincunx to the natal, this gives you 'wriggle room' and some flexibility in handling the situation ... and so on.

As I said on another thread accurately reading transits and other forms of predictive techniques takes considerable skill which is usually taught in the second or third year of study in a good course in Astrology. The graphic ephemeris is an excellent tool to help you see the flow of a transit and any planetary, lunation and other triggers, such as Age Harmonics, Profections, Lunar Returns, tertiary and minor progressions etc.,

Alice

Attachments

• Assange Neptune transit.jpg
    Assange Neptune transit.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 24

astro_novice

Thanks Alice. That was really detailed.

I always used 1 deg orb approaching & 1 deg orb departing. My personal experience is that when it's not in orb, the affair goes to the background, or it becomes less intense. Sometimes, for triple transits, even when you have resolved the matter before the third transit is over, a different affair pertaining to the house/transit may/will still happen.

I will try your technique out. Not sure if it was coincidence, but for me, it has always been exactly 1 deg orb (accurate down to the day). Maybe I just happen to have the Mars trigger or lunation.

madame moon

Alice, I am so thankful for your thoughtful and helpful response. That indeed helped me to understand better! I still have lots to learn about all of this, so I'm very curious to start looking for the "triggers" you mentioned.

Would it be possible for you to tell a little more about what you mean by this, as in Mars? I'm guessing you look for an inner planet aspecting the natal planet that the outer planet is about to...
Cheers!
Lisa