Mercury square the moons nodes

Varuna

I've had a very difficult time interpreting an area of my natal chart. I have 2 planets conjunct my SN like this:

27" 36' Mars
28" 52' SN
00" 26' Chiron

I have Mercury squaring the nodes at 29" 59'

Possible strange interpretations? Barbara Clow interprets Mars conj Chiron like 'new warrior archetype.' Feed that into "nodes = karma" school (mehh), and then I am apparently familiar with the new warrior archetype and should use it towards something else (NN)?

Widen interps just a little now. Magi Society says Mars enhance (conj) chiron is a career of war/sports or a noteworthy energy. But I'm always craving more energy, and can never access an adequate amount in order to study astrology enough hours in a given day. Why is this? What's SN have to do with it? Mercury squares? How may these bodies interact with each other under such geometry?

Varuna

Mars/SN/Chiron are each in a Sign+House, Varuna...and that (currently missing) information influences interpretation considerably.

EJ

The conjunction is in the 9th, Mercury is in the 6th.

Mars Gemini
SN Gemini
Chiron Cancer
Mercury Pisces

Mercury's square is closest with Chiron.

Last edited:

chevvyo

8th house Mercury deals with secret, criminal matters and often hidden and intense feelings, perhaps of jealousy and rage. Revenge is often a motivating force. Siblings and sometimes neighbours and school friends are often featured.

Are you going into psychology or related field, criminal investigations, forensics etc....????? Where is your Pluto????I dont have your chart but I have Scorpio on the MC and Pluto in the 6th and I am into healing modalities and counselling and have worked with criminal and confidential matters.

This is intresting... You directly relate mercury in 8th to criminal and secret matters?

Aspectual relations with nodal points have actually not been much investigated in modern Western astrology (conjunctions/parallels have-but technically these are not aspects); however, these aspectual relations have an extensive background in jyotish (Vedic astrology) in which the nodes are given the delineative role of "shadow planets" (NN = Rahu, SN = Ketu); check the aspectual indications of the (7 traditional planets) with NN (Rahu) and SN (Ketu) in some of the leading Vedic textbooks for additional insights.

In Western astrology (pretty much up to the 17th century) the nodes were accorded great astrological influence. The SN particularly was regarded as the only "true" malefic celestial influence under any and all conditions and circumstances (I follow this medieval concept, my experiences with the Dragon's Tail leaving me virtually no doubt about the objective reality of this concept) The NN in the Western tradition (historically) has generally been delineated as positive (mixture of the benefic influences of Jupiter conjunct Venus), however in both the Vedic and (various) Chinese traditions, the NN has a much more mixed-influence (often even malefic) reputation (the SN holds a malefic influence in all traditions: Western, Vedic, Chinese)

When a degree, Part or planet is aspected both by the NN and SN (and please note:the maximum aspectual/conjunctive orb of the nodes = 3 degrees; orbs of 2 degrees or less are the most intense) the net effect is mixed (as to benefic or malefic), HOWEVER, this aspect to BOTH the nodes means that a great deal of cosmic influence centers around that planet (or degree or Part)-this intensified underlying influence might "cut" either for great good-or great disruption!

There was an astrological configuration highly regarded by alchemists and others up through the late Renaissance (now long forgotten), one which is rather uncommonly encountered, known as the "Crux Draconis" (Dragon's Cross). Finding this configuration in a chart meant enormous, hidden cosmic "tides" roiling under the surface of the chart, indicating great potential good or evil, depending upon how those "tides" were directed.

The Crux Draconis configuration is formed as follows:

-NN + SN (the axis) are in the "pivots" (angles; either 1st+7th or 4th+10th)
-at right angles to the NN/SN, there is (within 2 degrees of perfect 90 degree aspect) either a cusp degree (or sensitive point degree) or a planet, found in each of the other 2 pivots (angles) of the chart.

Hi - as someone with 3 Yods and A Dragons cross (Mercury square the nodes and ASC). This is a sign of great opportunity to make a difference. "It wasn't easy but it was worth it" (Lyrics from a gospel song about Jesus). Just wanted to update this thread because not a lot of information/experience is available about this placement.

conspiracy theorist

I'd like to know more about the Crux Draconis configuration. Some questions that would aid in my clarity:

1. The nodal axis being in pivots - does this mean whole sign houses or quadrant?
2. For everything in the second criteria to match up, the only house cusp that can be involved in the crux draconis will be the ascendant/descendant axis, correct?
3. Is that the extent of the interpretation that can be gotten from this configuration? It seems vague enough that it can be applied indiscriminately to mean anything so long as it fits the criteria of "making a difference". Dr. Farr's description is a little more specific, but it still seems incomplete. Both interps lead me to my next question which is...
4. Where can I get more information on the crux draconis? Do I have to do some deep diving in alchemical texts?

Last edited:

gkudria

Actually, 4 years is not long enough to make a difference. I do this full time and am very good about it. I learn something new daily. Even three of my mentors with combined 70 yrs experience continue to learn.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. THAT isn't my birthchart. That leads to the same WRONG birthchart that the link that I posted 2 years ago does, (if you scroll up a little bit you'll see what I mean.) That link leads to someone else's birthchart. I'm not an Aries. I have no idea why the link to my birthchart keeps going to that chart. That is screwy. Furthermore I meant it when I said I ain't been on here in forever.. I forgot all about this forum. And yes I have 6 retrogrades. I've been into astrology for 4 years (no, i'm not competing with you) but that is certainly long enough to know what i am talking about. I was trying to respond to Claire as she showed interest in seeing my chart. K so now I have no idea what to post to show my chart, because it keeps leading everyone to the wrong chart. I'm a double Leo hence the name; not an Aquarius rising with an Aries sun!

Last edited by a moderator: