No conjunctions, whatsoever

jamiethebean

None. Zippo. The planets in my chart are pretty widely spread out, more than most of the charts I've seen, with a maximum of 2 planets in any house, and they are not close enough to be conjunct. I'm thinking this means very little if anything, but am I wrong? Conjunctions are usually positive or at least a cool aspect added to your personality. And I have 0.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

None. Zippo. The planets in my chart are pretty widely spread out, more than most of the charts I've seen,
with a maximum of 2 planets in any house, and they are not close enough to be conjunct.
I'm thinking this means very little if anything, but am I wrong?
Conjunctions are usually positive or at least a cool aspect added to your personality. And I have 0.
Are any of your natal planets in the same sign? :smile:

Kali

The lovely thing about astrology is that charts come in all shapes. The traditional aspects are longitude based, while latitude location is often ignored. So, are there parallels? They are as strong as conjunctions, perhaps even more so.

jamiethebean

The lovely thing about astrology is that charts come in all shapes. The traditional aspects are longitude based, while latitude location is often ignored. So, are there parallels? They are as strong as conjunctions, perhaps even more so.

Parallels? Not the same as oppositions I'm guessing..?

Kali

Parallels? Not the same as oppositions I'm guessing..?
Nope, not at all the same. Read about declinations and it will explain parallels and contra parallels. Planets may be on opposite sides of the natal chart, but parallel and will behave together like a conjunction. Think of it like a graph with two axis. If the planets line up on one axis they are conjunct, but if they line up on the other, they are parallel.

For instance, I have Saturn in Taurus and Uranus in Libra. No traditional aspect, but they are tightly parallel. It's like experiencing the conjunction. All the descriptions of that aspect fit me: weird, alienated, don't belong anywhere, etc. I've played that out physically, living much of my life abroa in very different cultures, not a part of my own culture, but not truly a part of the other cultures, either. But more than just physically, I feel like that intellectually and spiritually, as well. I don't fit in anywhere, but belonging really isn't a drive of mine. In fact, I find the idea cringeworthy, at best.

My point is that conjunctions tell one part of the story, but not the whole thing. I remember a chart made up only of trines and conjunctions. Not a single square or opposition at all. It looked like a chart with no difficult energy at all. But...there were a couple of contra parallels and they were felt just as strongly as oppositions would have been. So if you just look only at the pretty shapes on the chart, you do miss part of the story.

And if you have no conjunctions, so what? Obviously, there are other things your planets are doing. Being more evenly spaced out, I would think you would probably have a very balanced personality. That's a good thing.

jamiethebean

Nope, not at all the same. Read about declinations and it will explain parallels and contra parallels. Planets may be on opposite sides of the natal chart, but parallel and will behave together like a conjunction. Think of it like a graph with two axis. If the planets line up on one axis they are conjunct, but if they line up on the other, they are parallel.

For instance, I have Saturn in Taurus and Uranus in Libra. No traditional aspect, but they are tightly parallel. It's like experiencing the conjunction. All the descriptions of that aspect fit me: weird, alienated, don't belong anywhere, etc. I've played that out physically, living much of my life abroa in very different cultures, not a part of my own culture, but not truly a part of the other cultures, either. But more than just physically, I feel like that intellectually and spiritually, as well. I don't fit in anywhere, but belonging really isn't a drive of mine. In fact, I find the idea cringeworthy, at best.

My point is that conjunctions tell one part of the story, but not the whole thing. I remember a chart made up only of trines and conjunctions. Not a single square or opposition at all. It looked like a chart with no difficult energy at all. But...there were a couple of contra parallels and they were felt just as strongly as oppositions would have been. So if you just look only at the pretty shapes on the chart, you do miss part of the story.

And if you have no conjunctions, so what? Obviously, there are other things your planets are doing. Being more evenly spaced out, I would think you would probably have a very balanced personality. That's a good thing.

Hmm okay.. I'll do a little research on that. Thanks again

Oddity

None. Zippo. The planets in my chart are pretty widely spread out, more than most of the charts I've seen, with a maximum of 2 planets in any house, and they are not close enough to be conjunct. I'm thinking this means very little if anything, but am I wrong? Conjunctions are usually positive or at least a cool aspect added to your personality. And I have 0.

Your assumption is accurate. It doesn't mean anything except - you don't have any conjunctions. You don't need them (or any other particular aspect) to be a functional human being.

jamiethebean

Your assumption is accurate. It doesn't mean anything except - you don't have any conjunctions. You don't need them (or any other particular aspect) to be a functional human being.

LOL of course not.. just curious. Slightly sucky because I find them interesting.

JUPITERASC

Yeah, Mercury and Venus (Leo),
and Neptune and Uranus (Aq).
But they are too many degrees apartand a conjunction isn't indicated in the chart I had drawn up in astro.com.
Why?
Planets in same sign, are conjunct by sign :smile:
Astrologers use different methodologies
Hellenistic astrologers recognise conjunctions by degree as being three degrees apart
as well as conjunctions by sign

Traditionally however, orbs of influence were applied to PLANETS
not the aspects themselves,
with the Sun and Moon recognised as having a greater 'virtue' and orb of influence than the planets.
For example, one popular list defines the Sun's orb as 15°
the Moon's orb as 12°
and the orb of Mercury, Venus and Mars as 7°.
To know if two planets are 'in orb of application'
their orbs are added together and halved

- if the planets are separated by less than that distance they are said to be 'in application'

ORBS OF ASPECTUAL CONTACT TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

jamiethebean

Planets in same sign, are conjunct by sign :smile:
Astrologers use different methodologies
Hellenistic astrologers recognise conjunctions by degree as being three degrees apart
as well as conjunctions by sign

Traditionally however, orbs of influence were applied to PLANETS
not the aspects themselves,
with the Sun and Moon recognised as having a greater 'virtue' and orb of influence than the planets.
For example, one popular list defines the Sun's orb as 15°
the Moon's orb as 12°
and the orb of Mercury, Venus and Mars as 7°.
To know if two planets are 'in orb of application'
their orbs are added together and halved

- if the planets are separated by less than that distance they are said to be 'in application'

ORBS OF ASPECTUAL CONTACT TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

I see, however however Mercury and Venus are pretty far apart in my case.. Almost 20 degrees.

katydid

Conjunctions can often add confusion and power struggles to a chart. For example, I have a conjunction between the Moon and the Mars in Capricorn. Mars is exalted there, the moon is in detriment. It is in the 8th house, which again gives Mars all the power. So Mars is essentially the overlord as it overpowers my debilitated Moon. I have an Aries husband and an Aries son, who kind of protect my feelings and my home life in their own heroic ways. And my daughter has her Mars in Aries and she is my strongest advocate and best friend. But in many ways I find the world to be a harsh place and often feel defensive and threatened in some ways. I was also a victim of long term sexual abuse as a child by a family member, so my emotional wounds come from that conjunction in many ways.

So not having conjunctions is not always a bad thing. :wink:

I know how you feel. But our greatest weaknesses are also our greatest strengths. I don't think you'd be as good of a person that you are without the struggles that you've had. The same goes for everyone.

I wrote this once in my journal: the most forgiving people are the ones who've acknowledged their own mistakes.

Last edited:

jamiethebean

Conjunctions can often add confusion and power struggles to a chart. For example, I have a conjunction between the Moon and the Mars in Capricorn. Mars is exalted there, the moon is in detriment. It is in the 8th house, which again gives Mars all the power. So Mars is essentially the overlord as it overpowers my debilitated Moon. I have an Aries husband and an Aries son, who kind of protect my feelings and my home life in their own heroic ways. And my daughter has her Mars in Aries and she is my strongest advocate and best friend. But in many ways I find the world to be a harsh place and often feel defensive and threatened in some ways. I was also a victim of long term sexual abuse as a child by a family member, so my emotional wounds come from that conjunction in many ways.

So not having conjunctions is not always a bad thing. :wink:

:) Thanks for your input, always wise

dowhanawi

If you had a chart of only trines, sextiles and conjuncts (positive aspects) that would be bad. Difficult aspects are our journeys, they are where we grow. Imagine a person with no trials, who never had to work for anything cu their whole life (emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially etc) ran perfectly with no effort. That would not be good.
You have aspects that require work in your life because it grows you, gives you sense if achievement and fulfillment when you complete that journey. A balanced chart is a good chart