Are you pushy and impatient?

BalancingAct7

*Sighs* How do you all deal with pushy, over zealous, or otherwise impatient people? I can't stand being around people that are like that and I have a relative who is a Sagittarius that's known for this. Its like, she won't stop. She will not let anything go until she gets what she's asking for.

Now, I'm not saying that I have the best personality in the entire world because no one is perfect and we all have things that we can improve upon. The problem is that I don't get along too well with pushy people. Like say for instance, if someone asks me to do something and I agree to, I'll do it, but it has to be on my own time, know what I mean? I don't like people rushing me into doing things when I'm not ready. Or say for example, if you'd much rather spend time alone but people are pushy about spending quality time with you? How in the world can you force yourself on someone when they don't want to be around you at that moment?

Are there any Saggies out there that are like this? Care to explain why? Or can you give me an idea of what could be in a person's chart that would make them behave this way? My chart's below.

Last edited:

queenfluff

LOL! I am not a Sagittaruis (I do have some in my chart though, moon and mars) but impatience I don't think it is a Sagittarius trait. Not sure about the pushy though.

I am EXTREMELY impatient - I think everyone else on the planet is so slooooww compared to me. And I believe it is the Virgo sun in me, ruled by Mercury, I do almost everything at a rushed or fast pace - I have a hard time relaxing and falling asleep, well, my mind is always churning so it is hard to turn it off. I also have Mercury in Libra and I have read that people with Mercury in Libra are quick, too talky and impatient (even more so than a Virgo Sun).

Although, pushy - no I am not. I will silently seethe when someone else is slow at something and I honestly want to keep nagging them on it but I only do that with bf's. :biggrin: But yeah, slow people who put things off, they irritate me.

BalancingAct7

LOL! I am not a Sagittaruis (I do have some in my chart though, moon and mars) but impatience I don't think it is a Sagittarius trait. Not sure about the pushy though.

I am EXTREMELY impatient - I think everyone else on the planet is so slooooww compared to me. And I believe it is the Virgo sun in me, ruled by Mercury, I do almost everything at a rushed or fast pace - I have a hard time relaxing and falling asleep, well, my mind is always churning so it is hard to turn it off. I also have Mercury in Libra and I have read that people with Mercury in Libra are quick, too talky and impatient (even more so than a Virgo Sun).

Although, pushy - no I am not. I will silently seethe when someone else is slow at something and I honestly want to keep nagging them on it but I only do that with bf's. :biggrin: But yeah, slow people who put things off, they irritate me.

lol See that's what I don't understand though. I can't see why she's in such a rush! This is the conversation that prompted me to do this thread:

Saggie: I want to get rid of some of your old clothes. We can give it to the good will.
Me: I don't want to do it right now. I can do it myself tomorrow.
Saggie: What if I don't feel like it tomorrow?! I want to do it with you! I want to help you!
Me: Man, I don't feel like doing it right now. I'll do it when I get up in the morning...
Saggie: Well, you don't have to do it in the morning. You'll have all day.

*Fast forward to this afternoon*​

Saggie: (Saggie busts in my room) Go downstairs and get a box so we can start putting this stuff in. You just tell me what you want to keep and get rid of. This can be our quality time.
Me: I'm gonna do it later.
Saggie: Well, you said you'd do it this morning! I want to do it now. Its a nice day out and I just want something to do. This gives me something to do. You just tell me yay or nay to what I pull out this closet. Yay?
Me: No. I don't want those.
Saggie: But they're branddddddddddd newwwwwwwww! You never even wore them! You don't want these?!
Me: NO!
Saggie: *Sighs* These?
Me: No.
Saggie: These?
Me: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This went on for a good 20 minutes)

:annoyed: I can't win with that woman.

BalancingAct7

LOL! sags can be tiring to librans. i'm a taurus and i don't get along well with my sag relatives too. i find a few times a year too much tbh haha! but it's no biggie just different lifestyle choices. there's not really any way to explain it they're just really like that. my sag relatives from different families even see each other when they go out, same horrible taste in entertainment. uhhh... sag fest leave me out of it lol! besides some people must really like them and don't like us more chilled venusian types. they're pretty jovial people and apparently books are being written about them. well the men at least.

i spent 1 day on vacation in europe with my sag cousin. it mostly went like this:
sag: hey it's time for breakfast. let's go it's 9 am. come on!
bull: but i eat breakfast at 2. we're on vacation. you will prematurely age if you don't get enough sleep!
sag: do you want some eggs and toast i'll make some.
bull: i cooked some spinach quiche the 2 nights before but i wouldn't mind going out for a salmon croissant and some espresso.
sag: what do you want to do today?
bull: shopping!
sag while shopping: you're paying $xxx for shoes? you just wear them on your feet. even if they're on sale they're still marked up like hell.
bull: they're sergio georgini! they're aesthetically pleasing! if you thought like that about everything you wouldn't buy anything because everything has markup duh it's called retail. you paid to watch the pussycat dolls!

i ditched him the rest of the trip lol!

Oh no! Don't ever go shopping with one lol. I went school shopping with her this past summer. NEVER again. You cannot pick out your own groceries/clothes. They insist on doing it for you. And they love bargains so don't pick anything expensive.

queenfluff

lol See that's what I don't understand though. I can't see why she's in such a rush! This is the conversation that prompted me to do this thread:

Saggie: I want to get rid of some of your old clothes. We can give it to the good will.
Me: I don't want to do it right now. I can do it myself tomorrow.
Saggie: What if I don't feel like it tomorrow?! I want to do it with you! I want to help you!
Me: Man, I don't feel like doing it right now. I'll do it when I get up in the morning...
Saggie: Well, you don't have to do it in the morning. You'll have all day.

*Fast forward to this afternoon*​

Saggie: (Saggie busts in my room) Go downstairs and get a box so we can start putting this stuff in. You just tell me what you want to keep and get rid of. This can be our quality time.
Me: I'm gonna do it later.
Saggie: Well, you said you'd do it this morning! I want to do it now. Its a nice day out and I just want something to do. This gives me something to do. You just tell me yay or nay to what I pull out this closet. Yay?
Me: No. I don't want those.
Saggie: But they're branddddddddddd newwwwwwwww! You never even wore them! You don't want these?!
Me: NO!
Saggie: *Sighs* These?
Me: No.
Saggie: These?
Me: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This went on for a good 20 minutes)

:annoyed: I can't win with that woman.

Are you sure this women is a Sagittarius? Geez, she sounds so Virgo! :wink:

Well, all I can say is that it is difficult for you to understand because it that area of your life you may be a procrasinator and she is not. I am like that (not that don't procrasinate but if someone keeps putting something off again and again and again esp. if it is interupting MY personal space than yeah, you kinda of have to try to look at it from their side too).

Since it sounds like you live with this person, I can so relate to what they are doing and why they are frustrated with you (not taking their side but I can see why they are frustrated). Why are they frustrated and seem to be pushing you? Because how can they be sure you will do it tomorrow? And since there is free time right now, why not get it over with? I lived with an extreme (and messy) procrastinator for a looong time and let me tell you it near drove me crazy - mostly because when you share a living space and you are two different types it can be hard.

I am like that too - I don't always want to just be "burning daylight" if I have things that need to get done. I realize not all people are like this. But if they gonna drive me crazy by procrastinator in MY space too than well, I can only take so much of the constant procrastinating. (esp. when it means a messy living space for me!)

Does your "woman" have a lot of Virgo in her chart? If so, take it from another Virgo, she is really NOT trying to drive you nuts - she just wants to help. (see her comments " I want to do it with you! I want to help you!").

If you have her chart, post it up and maybe we can all analyze it. :)

Last edited:

queenfluff

Oh no! Don't ever go shopping with one lol. I went school shopping with her this past summer. NEVER again. You cannot pick out your own groceries/clothes. They insist on doing it for you. And they love bargains so don't pick anything expensive.

LOL! I say that about other people! My ex was a Libra Sun and he would get mad at how long I would take - reading labels and checking on things on my list. I would prefer to go shopping WITHOUT him. I honestly would rather shop on my own! That said, I never picked out anything for him. He picked out his own stuff and I picked out mine - but I was just more choosey.

BalancingAct7

Are you sure this women is a Sagittarius? Geez, she sounds so Virgo! :wink:

Well, all I can say is that it is difficult for you to understand because it that area of your life you may be a procrasinator and she is not. I am like that (not that don't procrasinate but if someone keeps putting something off again and again and again esp. if it is interupting MY personal space than yeah, you kinda of have to try to look at it from their side too).

Since it sounds like you live with this person, I can so relate to what they are doing and why they are frustrated with you (not taking their side but I can see why they are frustrated). Why are they frustrated and seem to be pushing you? Because how can they be sure you will do it tomorrow? And since there is free time right now, why not get it over with?

Does your "woman" have a lot of Virgo in her chart? If so, take it from another Virgo, she is really NOT trying to drive you nuts - she just wants to help. (see her comments " I want to do it with you! I want to help you!").

If you have her chart, post it up and maybe we can all analyze it. :)

LOL! You have raised some excellent questions/comments. I'm definitely sure that she's a Sagittarius. She was born on December 4. I looked up her chart and she has no Virgo to speak of. But I can say that she kind of acts like one because she's a neat freak and we tease her about having OCD lol. If you move the tv remote one centimeter to the right, or if she spots anything out of place, she goes crazy lol. She vaccums the floor way too much and has broken many a vaccum cleaner!

But no, I'm actually not a procrastinator. I'm a self-starter. Its just that sometimes, I know that I'll have something to do but I'm not in a rush to do it at that moment. See, she was trying to rush me on MY time when she had no reason to. She was pushing so hard to gather up those clothes, but guess where the clothes are now? In my room in the box lol. Her saying that she wanted to help is just another way for her to take over everything. She has a hard time relinquishing control.

The funny thing about all this is that she wants people to do what SHE wants when SHE wants...but you better not rush her!

Here's her chart.

Last edited:

BalancingAct7

lol i love bargains but they can be really cheap! like during breakfast at the hotel there is a complementary buffet. he drags me down everyday to eat there. so i go along with him but after the meal he shoves fruit and all the artificial sweetener in all of my pockets. i'm like why do i have to bring your fruit? i don't want fruit. what will i even do with these packets of sugar? he goes just take it. isn't the concept of the buffet that you can eat anything and as much as you want as long as you are there? so i would be stealing fruit from the breakfast buffet on your behalf uhh... i'm sure it's not a big deal but i have leo moon. i would prefer to keep my dignity over the fruit. :biggrin:

he also has this habit of going to bars that are dead and i can't fathom why they would interest him. he orders 1 drink then proceeds to take a flask from his pockets and refills his drink as the night goes on.:pinched: when he dines in a restaurant it's like going out with a food critic except he'll almost always order a steak haha! he notices everything then after the meal gives his rating of a thumb up or thumb down. and whether it was good value for money. i think he actually likes the rating part more than the food lol!

they do mean well though like the clothes she is rushing you to give away. i know a girl just like that and want to change the world. to bad she doesn't own the world so it's not hers to change per se. :wink:

LOL @ the fruit. Oh my gosh. Yeah they can be cheap but they do mean well. She's actually living on a fixed income now so its understandable that she's frugal.

She has this thing about taking gloves from the doctor's office lol. I'm like oh my gosh, what if the doctor walks in on you going through the cabinets?! But they're really picky over food too. Like, if she eats something and hates it, I'll go and pick it out and she tells me that I'm going to hate it. Excuse me?! LOL. Since when were your taste buds in MY mouth?

Horus

*Sighs* How do you all deal with pushy, over zealous, or otherwise impatient people?

Oftentimes Libras can be too diplomatic, easy-going and people-pleasing when that may not be appropriate. Not saying that's you, but this likely a test/lesson for you like most things that press our buttons: you assert your boundaries clearly and firmly. With your North Node in Aries you are being asked to become more assertive!

Recognize also that sensitive and sometimes touchy Pisces is irritated with Sagittarius for the simple reason that they are square.

Are there any Saggies out there that are like this? Care to explain why? Or can you give me an idea of what could be in a person's chart that would make them behave this way? My chart's below.

I'm Sag Rising and Moon and I have Sag. Sun friends. A couple of them are impatient. I was impatient when I was a child, but hey I was a child! Now I have an iPod w/ 54 GB of tunes on it so I'm much happier! :cool:

Sometimes I can be quite zealous and enthusiastic but that's not a bad thing at all -depending on the context or situation.

Last edited:
I'm a Sagittarius and I can say that I can act that when I want something or when I'm pissed or in a really heated debate. If you look at my birth chart, I'm almost a "whole" Sagittarius (Sun, Mercury, Mars and Ascendant). I see myself as "bonafide" but not a whole Sagittarius. A "bonafide" Sagittarius has either one of three combinations: Sun - Moon, Moon - Ascendant or Sun - Ascendant in the same sign. When someone is "whole" they have the Sun, Moon and Ascendant in the same sign.

All in all though, even though I'm like that temperamentally, I'm actually quite patient (especially if I working with people with mentally handicapped or who "have issues") but that's because I have both Aquarius in both the Moon and Saturn. Frankly, I think the Aquarian side of my personality eggs on the pushiness and the impatience. XD

Attachments

• birth chart.jpg
    birth chart.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Saturnian

I am impatient,especially if I am in the mood.Makes it hard for my Taurus friend to handle me and I am only full of Capricorns,no Sagittarius in me.
But then you see all those Capricorn planets fall in the first house of Aries.

Anyway,I am not that pushy.Don't want to,cause it's annoying and hate it when people are to me so I am not.Just impatient.

As for Sagittarius...I haven't met one till now who is more impatient than me.To me they look pretty slow,the only ones who an keep are Aries indeed.
If you are having such a problem with a Sagittarius wait till you meet Aries,they can't stand still.They want to be on the go all the time.
I mean the girl I know would sit down like two mins and then telling us "Come on get up to walk".Soooo restless.Let alone that Gemini Rising of hers...

wilsontc

Staff member
unaspected Sun, to Act

Act,

You said:
...she was trying to rush me on MY time when she had no reason to. She was pushing so hard to gather up those clothes, but guess where the clothes are now? In my room in the box lol. Her saying that she wanted to help is just another way for her to take over everything...she wants people to do what SHE wants when SHE wants...but you better not rush her!

First of all, if you don't have her permission to post her chart, please "anonymize it" by deleting all the personal information (e.g., her name, etc.). Secondly, she has an unaspected Sun (self-expression, also ego), so she does not "connect in" with her ego. As a result, she may feel like people don't pay attention to her so she OVERdoes things in order to ensure she is the center of people's attention.

Unaspectedly yours,

Tim

queenfluff

Re: unaspected Sun, to Act

Act,

You said:

First of all, if you don't have her permission to post her chart, please "anonymize it" by deleting all the personal information (e.g., her name, etc.). Secondly, she has an unaspected Sun (self-expression, also ego), so she does not "connect in" with her ego. As a result, she may feel like people don't pay attention to her so she OVERdoes things in order to ensure she is the center of people's attention.

Unaspectedly yours,

Tim

Hey Tim,

That is a great analysis! Thanks for figuring it out! Very interesting! :)

Neptune Rising

My eyes were drawn to this thread :whistling:

First house Mars, I can relate to being a bit pushy. Mars in Sag, in fire, in the Aries house. I do like to be first, in the queue, in my car, ect. I do temper it a bit though, maybe because my chart ruler is Jupiter in Pisces, adds some water to the fire.

NR

BalancingAct7

Act,

You said:

First of all, if you don't have her permission to post her chart, please "anonymize it" by deleting all the personal information (e.g., her name, etc.).
Tim

Hi Tim. I thought I did anonymize it to the best of my ability. That's why when I put her name, I put an abbreviated "E" instead of her full first name. And secondly, I felt I had to put all the other information up there so that the chart would come out more accurate. I don't know how else to anonymize it. But thank you for your take on the matter! :smile:

BalancingAct7

Oftentimes Libras can be too diplomatic, easy-going and people-pleasing when that may not be appropriate. Not saying that's you, but this likely a test/lesson for you like most things that press our buttons: you assert your boundaries clearly and firmly. With your North Node in Aries you are being asked to become more assertive!

Recognize also that sensitive and sometimes touchy Pisces is irritated with Sagittarius for the simple reason that they are square.

I'm Sag Rising and Moon and I have Sag. Sun friends. A couple of them are impatient. I was impatient when I was a child, but hey I was a child! Now I have an iPod w/ 54 GB of tunes on it so I'm much happier! :cool:

Sometimes I can be quite zealous and enthusiastic but that's not a bad thing at all -depending on the context or situation.

Hi Horus. I don't feel like an Aries at all! I think that part is the only Aries I have in my chart. I believe that side will come out once I get a little older and more experienced. And what you say is very true about us Librans--we are indeed people-pleasers. I know that I personally hate to ruffle any feathers especially when I don't have to. I just want to get along with everyone! I know that's not always possible though. But I guess sometimes that's necessary. Alas, I'm still young and discovering myself.

Haha! I can't picture you being an impatient little boy. You're so cool, calm, and collected on here. But like I said, it probably due to age and life experience.

Last edited:

BalancingAct7

My eyes were drawn to this thread :whistling:

First house Mars, I can relate to being a bit pushy. Mars in Sag, in fire, in the Aries house. I do like to be first, in the queue, in my car, ect. I do temper it a bit though, maybe because my chart ruler is Jupiter in Pisces, adds some water to the fire.

NR

Aha! You hit the nail on the head when you said adding water to the fire. She is definitely a Saggie and has a lot of water in her chart and I think that's what contributing to her acting like that.

BalancingAct7

As for Sagittarius...I haven't met one till now who is more impatient than me.To me they look pretty slow,the only ones who an keep are Aries indeed.
If you are having such a problem with a Sagittarius wait till you meet Aries,they can't stand still.They want to be on the go all the time.
I mean the girl I know would sit down like two mins and then telling us "Come on get up to walk".Soooo restless.Let alone that Gemini Rising of hers...

I can see why you'd mention Aries, but honestly though, I don't hang around too many Aries. Come to think of it, the ones that I do know are not pushy or over zealous at all! They're kind of on the rude/tactless side but other than that I don't have a problem with them! And its so weird because Aries is in opposition to Libra so...:smile:

BalancingAct7

I'm a Sagittarius and I can say that I can act that when I want something or when I'm pissed or in a really heated debate.

All in all though, even though I'm like that temperamentally, I'm actually quite patient (especially if I working with people with mentally handicapped or who "have issues") but that's because I have both Aquarius in both the Moon and Saturn. Frankly, I think the Aquarian side of my personality eggs on the pushiness and the impatience. XD

LOL! Yes, Saggies do get very excited when they're in a heated debate. Their voices just get louder and louder. They're so animated. :lol:

Yeah, that's what she was telling me the other day. We were talking and she mentioned that when she's dealing with someone who's...let's just say isn't "all there" in the head, she tries to be patient with them because she knows that their not "wrapped too tight" or have a few screws missing.

Hmm, surprising that you said your Aquarius moon contributes to it. Aqaurians are so laid back and chill. I actually think that I get along with them best along with a few other signs.

Saturnian

Hi Tim. I thought I did anonymize it to the best of my ability. That's why when I put her name, I put an abbreviated "E" instead of her full first name. And secondly, I felt I had to put all the other information up there so that the chart would come out more accurate. I don't know how else to anonymize it. But thank you for your take on the matter! :smile:
Not pushy but impatient and full of energy.