Doubting astrology, no results from transits

jadeclair

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner astrologer and I had my chart read by a professional astrologer who has written published books on the subject as did my friend and based on my transits the astrology is huge, even I can see that. I have pluto transit opposite sun and saturn 1st house transit, uranus and mars transit going across the IC, astrologer said that changes will be made by the end of the year (2020) absolutely nothing has happened. I don´t feel any different, nothing in the outside world has changed. My friend has´t had any changes whatsoever either. It is making seriously doubt my going forward learning astrology. My question is are there times when there are HUGE transits but nothing happens? Books say Uranus will ALWAYS bring change but does it?

Ecliptique

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner astrologer and I had my chart read by a professional astrologer who has written published books on the subject as did my friend and based on my transits the astrology is huge, even I can see that. I have pluto transit opposite sun and saturn 1st house transit, uranus and mars transit going across the IC, astrologer said that changes will be made by the end of the year (2020) absolutely nothing has happened. I don´t feel any different, nothing in the outside world has changed. My friend has´t had any changes whatsoever either. It is making seriously doubt my going forward learning astrology. My question is are there times when there are HUGE transits but nothing happens? Books say Uranus will ALWAYS bring change but does it?

Hello jadeclair,

it is normal that there are transits which are not significant for you. Can you display your birth chart or indicate your precise birth data and then those of your friend, if he agrees?

Ecliptique.

JUPITERASC

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner astrologer and I had my chart read by a professional astrologer who has written published books on the subject as did my friend and based on my transits the astrology is huge, even I can see that. I have pluto transit opposite sun and saturn 1st house transit, uranus and mars transit going across the IC, astrologer said that changes will be made by the end of the year (2020) absolutely nothing has happened. I don´t feel any different, nothing in the outside world has changed. My friend has´t had any changes whatsoever either. It is making seriously doubt my going forward learning astrology. My question is

are there times when there are HUGE transits but nothing happens?

Books say Uranus will ALWAYS bring change but does it?
Briefly :smile:
traditionally

PROFECTIONS determine

which planet is intensified for the year
by PROFECTION

Valens and many Hellenistic Astrologers
time profections as follows :smile:
The ascendant is considered as being time of birth so from birth to the cusp of the 2nd house is considered to relate to the first year of life: from cusp of 2nd to cusp of 3rd encompasses the second year of life (ie from age one to age two) and so on around the natal chart returning to the Ascendant for the twelfth year of life

check out Omnisphericus thread entitled "Profections (Praxis)
This is the basic technique given by Paulus of Annual Profections of the Ascendant, i.e. profection of the Ascendant from one sign to the next for each year of life. The Ruler of the Sign in which the Ascendant is falling in that particular year is called 'The Lord of the Year".
This technique is quite simple and you do not need to calculate degrees, only signs.
If you are born with Aries rising, on the Solar Return the next year (when you are 1 year old) the Profected Ascendant would be in Taurus and the Lord of the Year would be Venus.

The Ages 0, 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96 and etc., are the 'Profection Return' (to invent a title xD), the Ascendant in those years is the same as it was at the birth, so the Lord of the Year is the same too.

Years 1, 13, 25, 37, 49, 61, 73, 85, 97 are given to the 2nd sign from the Ascendant.

Here's a chart:

View attachment 27162

The Lord of the Year is having the same function as the Lord of the Year at nativity. It is most significant planet, ruling the place where the Soul (the Sky) and Body (earth) are merging (at the Ascendant).
Here's what Paulus says about the Lord of the year in profections: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47191

The profection year starts on your birthday, so when in the calendar year the profection starts doesn't matter. If your birthday is on December 31st and your profected Ascendant is ruled by Mars, Mars will remain the ruler of the year until the next December 31st.

Profections are primarily a sign based technique. You CAN do it with houses, but it was meant to be done in a sign based way, one sign per year.

If there are no planets in the profected house then the lord of the sign of the profection takes over. So if your profection lands in Aquarius and nothing is in Aquarius, then Saturn takes over for the year. If something was in Aquarius Saturn would still be the lord of the year, but those other planets would remain relevant.

However that isn't uniform in all texts. Some authors say that if the sign is empty you look at your Solar Return and see if any planets are in that sign. If there any planets there, they become the lord of the year.

To keep it simple I'd stick with seeing who is in the profected sign and interpret those planets. If no one is there focus on the ruler of the sign, who will be important even IF another planet is in their sign

katydid

Hi everyone,

Transit's don't necessarily 'make' you feel different. They tend to change outer circumstances and help opportunities arise, etc.

But you still need to make the changes you desire yourself. The transits do not do it for you. They just help allow things to happen.

I am not sure how you can say that in "(2020) absolutely nothing has happened. I don´t feel any different, nothing in the outside world has changed.":annoyed:

'Nothing' happened in 2020 that was any different than before?

conspiracy theorist

Careful what astrology books you read.

Also, consider this. What fields do you know with a predictive component (weather forecasting, institutional investing/trading etc) that presume to have a 100% success rate? Can you name any? I'd like to know.

waybread

I'd put it like this, jadeclair. (BTW, welcome to the forum.)

Each planet rules certain phenomena or what are often called "energies." Your natal chart may indicate that you were born with the ability to handle very well certain planets, although other people might find them really difficult.

Possibly "Pluto energy" is something you learned to handle early-on in life, so when a tough transit from Pluto roles up, it doesn't affect you as harshly as it would someone who didn't go to "Pluto School" previously.

Also, some other transits in your chart-- or other placements in your natal horoscope-- may have mitigated Pluto's worst impulses. For example, Pluto opposite sun normally is not a heap of fun (I have it natally) but you might have a third planet that sextiles one and trines the other. This might be something like transiting Neptune.

Of course, some astrological interpretations are flat-out wrong.

Frisiangal

Hi everyone,

I have pluto transit opposite sun and saturn 1st house transit, uranus and mars transit going across the IC, astrologer said that changes will be made by the end of the year (2020) absolutely nothing has happened. I don´t feel any different, nothing in the outside world has changed.

If you are still looking in for replies......???

The transits of Mars and Uranus in Taurus were not in the same sign during 2020, so could not have affected the I.C. Mars was in a 6 month transit of Aries from July 2020, that, presumably, would have affected the realm and meaning of your natal 3rd house.
Transit Mars only entered Taurus on 6th January.
Transit Uranus turned stationary/direct motion on 14th January.

Your post was written on the 17th January.
Transit Mars was moving into orb of the conjunction with Uranus from the following day, becoming exact on 20th. Jan. It had formed the square aspect to Jupiter in Aquarius during the same time, having squared Saturn (delays, restriction of freedom)) earlier in the month.

Maybe your post was written too soon??????
If claustrophobia had set in, sparks may have since flown, causing breakages, break-ups, clashes, crashes, and even accidents in the household sphere IF the conjunction has crossed I.C.
Such could affect the outcome of tr. Pluto opp. Sun-Saturn across the 1st-7th house realms.

jadeclair

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your replies and good to be in such a supportive forum. I am studying hard so this is good to have more experienced astrologers' input.

So it looks possible that I am too soon with this post then. The pandemic started in 2020 so of course, that did happen to me but I wasn´t really affected (I feel lucky) I still have the same job, the only thing was the kids were home more but that applied to the whole population (live in Spain had a 9 week complete lockdown) the way the astrologer was talking was there is a BIG changes related to home and family coming. Looking back, I can now see that Uranus crossed my IC early last year what is coming up though is Uranus conjunct natal Mars in the 4th house so maybe this is the time when external events will happen.

It is true that nobody can predict with 100% accuracy, and it is also possible I did go to Pluto school :) I think I did as I can deal with a lot and not get affected by it.

I didn´t take into account connections to other planets that ´lessen´ the big transit, yes that is something that I must look into, it could explain why nothing big is happening, not that I want anything big to happen, careful what you wish for and all that!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.46.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.46.40.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 44

Frisiangal

p.s. just posted the chart if anyone is interested

Hi again,
Seeing the natal chart and your latest reply, the astrologer you consulted was not wrong with his/her 'future forecast'; he/she may simply not have looked further than 2020. How a person handles events determines the nature of the following.

Pluto's transit through the 1st house activated the natal T-square. Note the houses affected and their sign rulerships. This wll provide you with more information to go on.
Pluto has the slowest daily motion of the major outer planets (excluding those beyond it). Consequently, it spends a lot of time going back and forth over the same degrees). It activated the natal T-square with its opposition to natal Saturn in early 2019 (do you recall anything specifc occuring ?) and has been in orb of the planets on the T-square ever since. The whole sequence of events doesn't end until Pluto's final pass with natal Uranus on 28 degrees in a few years time. Other planetary transits will have added their ingredients to the sequence mix as well.

There is also a technique that includes the themes of natal planets that have progressed on the chart to make other aspects than those at birth.
A major one now occuring is the natal Sun's progression over 45 years (current age) and is squaring natal Neptune, completing activation of the Venus-Neptune square and the joint aspects to natal Mars in a further approx. 2 years or so..

By then, the astrologer's forecast that 'changes will be made' may well be completed.

:smile:

Ecliptique

Hello jadeclair,

you think nothing happened in 2020 but maybe that's because, on the one hand, it was at the level of reflection. In this case, you could have sought to improve your love life or with the children during this unprecedented period. You would have tended to seek a new solution in relation to the relationship with the other. This would have contributed to a commitment to a goal by naturally imposing your point of view as well as changing what was problematic during the pandemic (transit of Uranus). On the other hand, maybe you made sure to control your interests by doing absolutely the best possible by being appreciated especially during the period from Easter to Christmas (Saturn transit)? If this makes sense to you, then in 2021 you will have the landmark transits from Uranus to Mars and Jupiter to Jupiter. For the transits of Pluto and Neptune, we will have to wait respectively for the year 2023 and the year 2024.

Ecliptique. :smile:

Last edited:

jadeclair

Thank you so much for your input. It does sound like I need to wait for the next few years to pass. I guess I didn´t take into account how slow these outer planets move and that it takes years not months for things to develop. I don´t recall anything happening in 2019, nothing specific but thinking it over I discovered astrology and started really studying it plus the internal reflection mentioned is accurate. I have done a lot of that in the last year.

Ecliptique

Thank you so much for your input. It does sound like I need to wait for the next few years to pass. I guess I didn´t take into account how slow these outer planets move and that it takes years not months for things to develop. I don´t recall anything happening in 2019, nothing specific but thinking it over I discovered astrology and started really studying it plus the internal reflection mentioned is accurate. I have done a lot of that in the last year.

Hello jadeclair,

I will therefore give you the details of these interpretations and probably more.

Osamenor

Staff member
Careful what astrology books you read.

Also, consider this. What fields do you know with a predictive component (weather forecasting, institutional investing/trading etc) that presume to have a 100% success rate? Can you name any? I'd like to know.

Weather forecasting is a great analogy. Astrological prediction is reading the astrological weather.

Often, when people ask for an astrological prediction, they make it a "will x happen" question. Will I meet my future spouse this year? Will I get a new job anytime soon? Things like that. Those kinds of questions can be addressed through horary astrology, but that's a separate discipline, quite different from reading the transits to your personal birth chart.

With the natal chart and transits, we get a sense of what the weather is good for at a given time. Is it a good day for a picnic? The weather forecaster can tell you that, but they can't tell you if you'll actually go on one. Lots of people think astrologers can make very detailed and precise predictions, but that's like calling your local weather station and insisting that they tell you if you'll go on a picnic tomorrow and what kind of sandwich you'll bring.

As for the astrological weather being good for changes, often that manifests in a very personal way rather than an obvious, splashy way. You might not realize it at the time. It's later, looking back, that you realize "Wow, that was the year all of this started." "This" being some profound personal change you went through.

Lin

When....what date (approx) did you get this reading?

First I want to say something about astrologers. Not all astrologers - even professional ones, are equally accurate. And some have specialties....and are coaxed into ''prediction'' when that is not their specialty.

Next: heavy planets are SLOW and take years (except Jupiter which transits one sign in one year) to change signs.

So speaking about a heavy planet transit in the same breath with Venus or Mars or the Sun etc, may be misleading you.

The outer (heavy) planets are ''stage setters''. They represent 'trends'' - rarely ''events''...by themselves.

Other planets can modify the heavier planetary trends.

So....to see what the astrologer who read for you SAW in your future, I would have to see the transits on your chart for that time.
You don't have to post the chart with the transits....just the date and I will do that by hand and get back to you to let you know if I saw the same things.

I also may see the same things but I might relate the events or trends in different words.
So...can you do that? Answer the first question in this post?

How old are you children?

LIN

Last edited:

Starfall

Hi OP,

I was going to post the same question myself...this has proved interesting reading.

Even these 'major' transits have proved very hit and miss with me. Major events in my life without any recognisable chart transits/progressions, and major chart events without recognisable chart action...

That said, many of the themes of my natal chart are distinct to the lives of people around me and ring perfectly true. I've a busy natal 9th and a strong Jupiter; I've lived in a number of countries, studied several langauges, had friends and dates and relationships with foreigners that you would really be looking at all the flags at the U.N. and start working backwards, where I haven't made connections. Also, a life of study, travel and career is how others refer to me - and is reflected in the natal. Yet transits? All 'inner changes' and 'psychological' ... empty stage.

Do you think your natal themes represent the life you live?

Ecliptique

Hello Starfall,

you are probably not the only one here to make the same observation, it is normal. How many waited for something good to happen with a transit from Jupiter to Venus ... And others, on the other hand, worried about a future transit that was not significant for them. It remains to be shown that there are some transits that are significant while the others are not.

Yes, the natal chart must illustrate a certain functioning on your part for life.

Last edited:

Lin

I am disappointed that our original poster did not follow up on my request for the date she had that astrological reading.
Heavy planets eventually do involved big changes in ones life.
Uranus is a major player in this chart....as is Pluto...I would like to see further into the future...whether a few months or a year or more.
But I need to see what that original reader said and when she saw your chart.

LIN

Sweet Pea

"the only thing was the kids were home more but that applied to the whole population (live in Spain had a 9 week complete lockdown) the way the astrologer was talking was there is a BIG changes related to home and family coming."

I'm surprised that you didn't see this as a big change; for most people, having the children at home and being locked down for 9 weeks would be a massive thing, very abnormal to your usual life. The fact that it happened to everyone is a bit of a tangent; it's how it affected YOU at an inner level that's important. The Cancer Sun corresponds harmoniously to the Moon in Scorpio, so there is already a plutonic tone to your mothering and child rearing (you've been to Pluto school on that front, anyway).

"I discovered astrology and started really studying it plus the internal reflection mentioned is accurate. I have done a lot of that in the last year."

Pluto's transit carries its natal message and we find it in the 9th house of reflection, the bigger picture, etc. Pluto squares Mercury natally. Your Mercury has also been to Pluto school already. This self-investigation was intensified, as Pluto transits tend to make happen. Your Sun was invited into the 9th house, so to speak (living in Spain when you are British is an example of that anyway).

Another way of looking at the results of transits and even more so when the 7th house of 'the other' is involved, is to think about the people you've met over the past year, and how your partner (especially if male - Sun) has behaved. Were they getting a Pluto transit too and did they play out your transit by acting Plutonically around you? If you had any new dealings with males over this last year, would you say they had plutonic characteristics - did you get into any power-struggles at all? Any obsessive behaviour, or feeling under someone's thumb/disempowered? Any issues with your Dad (also represented by Sun)?

The fact is, that any transit can manifest on a number of levels, and sometimes not just one of them but a selection: spiritually (Pluto might cause a kundalini awakening, for example); mentally, emotionally, physically (some toxin in the body manifesting itself, for example; perhaps indigestion issues with a Cancer Sun). The transit can play out IN you, and around you in the people you're dealing with. Even in your children and their 'issues', when the sign is Cancer. Were there power-struggles getting them to comply with the lockdown requirements, for example?

Lin

In MAY transit Uranus will be conjunct your natal Mars in your 4th house....and will be conjunct (technically) until March of next year. This should be a definable transit.

Uranus did trine your Venus but that is one of those transits which need other support to have visible meaning.

BUT....Uranus conj Mars is different. I believe you will be able to see and define a change and for the better.

I think the person who read for you just didn't go far enough into the future....she should have covered the Uranus conj Mar which would bring you into next March.

Jupiter enters Pisces in May although it soon goes retrograde. But it will be in Pisces for a year....and that is a fruitful sign for you. If she didn't mention transit Jupiter then again, she didn't look far enough.

Outer planets set the stage for events. Most outer planets do not cause things to happen overnight or even over months. They represent a trend which allows other energies to be supported or undermined.

LIN

Last edited: