How useful is Chiron?

fullmoonlibra

Chiron is a minor planet.
But still I feel its effect equally strong as the planets.
My Chiron is in Gemini in 10th house, so it's dominant (I think). It gives more clues about my career interests than Venus in Taurus in 10th, conjunct MC.
I wonder if this is because Venus is barely aspected (wide orb moon trine and AC square).
And if it's because Chiron is part of a mystic rectangle and part of a T square. It has an opposite to Saturn, square Jupiter, trine Moon, sextile Mercury.

And at the moment I have Chiron transit conjunct Jupiter and Jupiter transit conjunct Chiron.

Is my attention just on Chiron because of the mutual reception with Jupiter or am I underestimating the power of Chiron?

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have a number of other long posts on chiron that I cannot post since they are copyrighted articles, but I would be happy to send them to anyone who wants them. I will need to have you PM me for them.

dr. farr

Although always marked on astro.com charts (haven't found how to NOT have it marked on the chart!) I have not looked into Chiron, so I am not in a position to make an informed comment about it; personally I have not (as yet at least) been motivated to investigate this matter...

tsmall

Premium Member
Although always marked on astro.com charts (haven't found how to NOT have it marked on the chart!)

The only way to get Chiron off the chart at astro.com is to select for Uranus-Pluto off. Which leaves off Uranus thru Pluto. Not great if you want to see them in the chart.

fullmoonlibra, there was a member here, R4VEN, who was/is a Chiron expert, as in she has studied Chiron for over 20 years. You could try searching by her username, or if you have a burning question possibly a pm. But I would be willing to bet that a forum search would bring you much to read and process.

Moog

Doesn't seem very useful.

I'm open to persuasion. Maybe (*maybe*) there's someone doing amazing work with it that I've never seen. But I've got more fundamental things to get my head round.

dr. farr

Right-we don't HAVE to use everything that is available; each of us should make use of those (Cosmic) factors (and co-factors) which appeal to us, and which we have spent time studying and testing/experimenting with; this also applies to the many methodologies and techniques out there, available to us. We will really only become expert in applying what "tastes good" to each of us, because only then will each of us have the motivation to study, test, experiment and apply. At the same time, we should not try to force our individual "tastes" on others, or to spend time demeaning those factors, co-factors or methods/techniques which don't appeal to us (what we "don't believe in"), and we each should realize that others, with different "tastes" and insights developed from their studies and experiences, might well do excellent work (analytically, predictively, or both) using those other factors and methods...

purplepolaris

I have a number of other long posts on chiron that I cannot post since they are copyrighted articles, but I would be happy to send them to anyone who wants them. I will need to have you PM me for them.
I would like to have these articles about Chiron. Or you can send me the web adress. I will send you my e-mail adress as a private message

JUPITERASC

The only way to get Chiron off the chart at astro.com is to select for Uranus-Pluto off. Which leaves off Uranus thru Pluto. Not great if you want to see them in the chart.

fullmoonlibra, there was a member here, R4VEN, who was/is a Chiron expert, as in she has studied Chiron for over 20 years. You could try searching by her username, or if you have a burning question possibly a pm. But I would be willing to bet that a forum search would bring you much to read and process.
LINKS TO R4VEN's Chiron threads :smile:

The Chiron opposition Saturn Generation
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48286

The Chiron in Libra Generation http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22338

Chiron in Taurus http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17336

!4C

Every natal chart I've looked at seems to follow the wounded healer myth. More specifically, it indicates the area that doesn't come easy to the individual. It becomes a personal struggle. As a result, the individual will study this area in great depth to try and understand how to overcome their difficulty. As a result, people might turn to them for advice on the topic, even though they themselves still struggle to achieve success with it. It's a jinx I guess.

I've never studied the transits and they never caught my attention when studying events.

LeoCassandra

Chiron is very useful:surprised: It shows areas where we are wounded, where we struggle all the time. When we achieve a little bit of success, progress in that area we feel proud:innocent: Hard Chiron transits to personal planets, or angles show times of rejection and pain.

The Ram

It influences me heavily. I also have Chiron in my 10th, but mine is in Taurus at 29 degrees, so it's right at the cusp of gemini as well. So I'm wounded in not 1, but 2 signs worth of problems. Yay! lolz

It aspects a lot of my planets too. It's supposed to be the key to unlocking the power of the outer planets, by healing your wounds, you're then on steady footing to reach your full potential. Until then though it puts a definite bottleneck on how far you can go.

M

may28gemini

I've wondered how useful and conscious Chiron is, too. I can't say I really understand Chiron, as it's in my 8th house conjunct Mars. I don't think I consciously feel wounded, because it's very hard for me to access that sort of energy on call. I think it's buried far below the surface, and when and if I dig deep enough, I hit some pretty dark parts of myself that greatly saddens me- all of 8th house concerns such as spousal stuff, getting physically injured, death of loved ones, etc.

IleneK

Premium Member
Chiron is very useful:surprised: It shows areas where we are wounded, where we struggle all the time. When we achieve a little bit of success, progress in that area we feel proud:innocent: Hard Chiron transits to personal planets, or angles show times of rejection and pain.

I agree with LC. According to astrologer, Zane Stein, considered by many as the world's leading authority on Chiron, Chiron symbolizes the place of our deepest, most profound and undeserved wounding. This is so whether Chiron is in easy, challenging or no aspect to other planets or points in the chart.

Chiron's mythology illustrates this archetypal primal wounding as his mother rejects him at birth.

Neptune Rising

Hard Chiron transits to personal planets, or angles show times of rejection and pain.

Lol, too right! Currently having transiting Chiron forming a nice square to my ascendant/descendant angles, no wonder I am feeling so rejected, scapegoated (also natal Nep rising, the object of projections), feeling pretty bad. I know it in hindsight, a time of incredible learning and perhaps strengthening, but while in it, its not so nice.

I also understand the usefulness of Chiron, in my own experience at least, in understanding the nature of the self. Its in hard aspect to my natal Sun, in the 4th house - a lot of my childhood wounds that were stuffed into my unconscious came through my experience with my father. Its a life long lesson, or so far it seems, to understand and work with this wounding.

Last edited:

demetraceres

To me, it makes much sense. My Chiron in the first house in Aries in hard aspects to natal Moon and Uranus makes even more sense than most of the chart.