Uranus in Taurus

conspiracy theorist

From a mundane perspective, this transit may coincide with the modernization of my country's (Jamaica) agricultural system. Apart from tourism and remittances, agriculture is one of our biggest sources of income for the nation and many of our local producers are still very primitive in their farming practices. I'm hoping that with the advent of this transit, more technology will be incorporated into the sector to bolster efficiency and production. The government is taking an interest already as they have provided financial grants and land leases to a local beer company called red stripe, for them to produce more cassavas locally (a major ingredient in the beer). This initiative has resulted in a more successful business year for the company, which augers well for future development along agricultural lines.

With change brings upheaval and many people will be very opposed to these changes, as it would upset their current lifestyle and stability. Even now with some of the local initiatives which seek to develop the local farmer's facility with newer techniques are being met with a lukewarm reception at best. So it won't be easy to restructure, but if we want to meet are long term objectives i.e. first world status by 2030, then we'll have to make many sacrifices. Pluto being placed in another sign related to agriculture indicates that there will be much more attention placed here. It will be interesting to see too, when Jupiter and Saturn find themselves posited in Capricorn.

Abby83

From a mundane perspective, this transit may coincide with the modernization of my country's (Jamaica) agricultural system. Apart from tourism and remittances, agriculture is one of our biggest sources of income for the nation and many of our local producers are still very primitive in their farming practices. I'm hoping that with the advent of this transit, more technology will be incorporated into the sector to bolster efficiency and production. The government is taking an interest already as they have provided financial grants and land leases to a local beer company called red stripe, for them to produce more cassavas locally (a major ingredient in the beer). This initiative has resulted in a more successful business year for the company, which augers well for future development along agricultural lines.

With change brings upheaval and many people will be very opposed to these changes, as it would upset their current lifestyle and stability. Even now with some of the local initiatives which seek to develop the local farmer's facility with newer techniques are being met with a lukewarm reception at best. So it won't be easy to restructure, but if we want to meet are long term objectives i.e. first world status by 2030, then we'll have to make many sacrifices. Pluto being placed in another sign related to agriculture indicates that there will be much more attention placed here. It will be interesting to see too, when Jupiter and Saturn find themselves posited in Capricorn.

However, Capricorn is a greedy sign that wants to win at all costs. Combine that with agriculture. What's happening is food is being created in new unnatural ways. Healthy natural food is being wiped out due to greed.

!4C

However, Capricorn is a greedy sign that wants to win at all costs. Combine that with agriculture. What's happening is food is being created in new unnatural ways. Healthy natural food is being wiped out due to greed.
I wouldn't say capricorn is greedy, but pluto there shows that the greedy plutocracy has tight control over capricorn structures (government, corporations, ect.). In developed countries, like the US, the small family owned farmers continue to get pushed out of the business due to an environment that favors large corporations. When an industry is dominated by a few large corporations, it becomes much easier to engineer profits by manipulating the business environment.

david starling

I wouldn't say capricorn is greedy, but pluto there shows that the greedy plutocracy has tight control over capricorn structures (government, corporations, ect.). In developed countries, like the US, the small family owned farmers continue to get pushed out of the business due to an environment that favors large corporations. When an industry is dominated by a few large corporations, it becomes much easier to engineer profits by manipulating the business environment.

As I've been saying, this is the culminating phase of the Age of Tropical Capricorn, based the the Progression of the Perihelion, and therefore has direct motion, leading into the Tropical Age of Aquarius. (The well-known Sidereal version is based on Precession of the Equinoxes, and has Retrograde movement, leading from the end of the Age of Sidereal Pisces into the Sidereal Age of Aquarius.) The structures in place are Saturnian-ruled, since Saturn is Age Lord during the Tropical Capricornian Age. Blame Saturn for the greed and power-lust, not Capricorn.

conspiracy theorist

That's not the case from where I'm from, but then our food industry isn't quit so technologically advanced. Similar to a natal chart, the current placements in the sky will affect different entities in disparate ways.

For one, IIRC Pluto entered Capricorn during the 2008 recession. Our country hasn't weathered that storm well, and it's a struggle to both meet our financial obligations to the IMF (which resulted in us having to sell our national airline), as well as to allocate resources in order for the country to continue to develop economically. Just a lot of debt and budget deficits. It doesn't help that our government is corrosive, corrupt and incompetent which makes it easier for us to remain in the gutters.

belabismo

I have seen very negative things suggested about Uranus in Taurus, based on the last few times Uranus has been in the sign, for example in the 1930s-1940s. I'm most concerned about the rise of nationalism and white nationalism in Europe and the US, and we've already seen the rise of white nationalism in Europe as of now. In the US, we have been seeing a rise in very bold acts of racism. Lately there has been about 3 incidents at my old university in which white nationalist fliers have been posted around the campus, most recently they were stuck on the door of the multicultural center. The campus is a very diverse school around Los Angeles and something this overt is pretty unheard of nowadays. There's been a string of other incidences such as people in a restaurant being asked to prove their citizenship by a server before being allowed to order (they were Latino/a):
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/us/california-waiter-fired-trnd/

Recently a young man attacked people who did not identify as Republican in Kentucky:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...university-machete-attack-20170428-story.html

Also I am concerned about the current administration gutting just about every social program, removing environmental regulations, and just recently threatening national parks! I'm really concerned also for the organization I work for and ones like it. We provide various social services for youth and their families who are economically vulnerable. I think we will be seeing a rise in poverty and even more stress on low-income people. I'm also concerned about the rising cost of university and young people with student loans.

I have seen it suggested there will be a big economic problem this time in Uranus in Taurus, and someone suggested to be very cautious with any savings.

As for farming, in the US, farming is already a capitalist mess so I don't really know about that. But in California, without environmental regulations and protections, our water crisis could get even worse.

I also worry our opioid/heroin crisis is going to get worse without adequate social programs in place.

And to be frank, I'm worried DJT is going to start a serious war.

But on a positive note after all of that, I hope by the end of this period, feminism will see a strong return. I believe perhaps due to Pisces and Aries' influence, modern feminism has been dominated by corporate influence and a focus on the individual as opposed to the collective, and I think this has been detrimental. The highest growing suicide rate from 1999 to 2014 in the US has been for young girls 10-14. (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db241.htm)
I'm hoping we can become more "grounded" after this period.

Last edited:

!4C

I have seen very negative things suggested about Uranus in Taurus, based on the last few times Uranus has been in the sign, for example in the 1930s-1940s. I'm most concerned about the rise of nationalism
Actually, puto in cancer was probably a bigger factor back then. Cancer is more strongly associated with cultural pride than taurus. The taurus effect is loyalty and solidarity.

Coincidentally, pluto is currently in the opposite sign of capricorn. Capricorn represents societal structures (government). The two are interconnected. When pluto was in cancer, it was cultural pride that gave way to government upheaval. So this time it might be in reverse? The last time pluto was in cap, the US declaration of independence (capricorn theme) gave way to a new national pride (cancer theme).

!4C

I've been thinking about the controversial issues with cryptocurrencies. At first, it seems like governments would be against these because currency manipulation is important to a nation's prosperity. Then I realized that governments, or at least some government officials, might embrace cryptocurrencies due to its non-traceability. Not only can they be used for hiding money trails, but their short-term values can also be manipulated by big players. Cryptocurrencies could also be a boon for government corruption.

IleneK

Premium Member
Not sure what the means.

[FONT=&quot]Keynesian economics theory was hatched the last time uranus was in taurus. It didn't really have much of an impact until recent decades. We can see what that brought us. [/FONT]

I do not disagree with your conclusion, but Keynesian economics didn't have much impact until recent decades?
Whatever do you mean?
What kind of economic theory do you think drove US government decision-making post WWII, the 50's, 60's and forward if not Keysian?

!4C

I do not disagree with your conclusion, but Keynesian economics didn't have much impact until recent decades?
Whatever do you mean?
:lol:[FONT=&quot] I guess I'm a pessimist. I meant negative impacts from its widespread abuse. The way I see it, its popular support has gradually grown from economic savior to a monetarily/fiscally stimulated growth addiction that actually threatens future economic stability. [/FONT]

IleneK

Premium Member
:lol:[FONT=&quot] I guess I'm a pessimist. I meant negative impacts from its widespread abuse. The way I see it, its popular support has gradually grown from economic savior to a monetarily/fiscally stimulated growth addiction that actually threatens future economic stability. [/FONT]

Well, I cannot disagree with any of that. Sadly.
I am not sure we can even call it abuses. Negative impacts arise from its ordinary use. There are always costs, adverse effects, in all systems, economic or otherwise, connected with any good that system might achieve.
it's a mysteriously paradoxical world we perceive and live in.
i appreciate your thoughts and comments, !4C.

Last edited:

dr. farr

As Uranus transits through Taurus, remember that countries and cities with Taurus ascendants (or MC's) will be especially influenced by Uranus, and also that the opposite sign, Scorpio will be influenced (by opposition) as well. Plus the decans (I use the ancient Manilius decan allocations) will be mundanely affected by the Uranus transit as well: first the Cancer decan, then a couple years later the Leo decan, and in the final couple of years of the transit, the Virgo decan will be affected. Cities and countries "under" these signs, will be especially affected by the Uranus transit (in addition to Taurus)...

One effect characteristic of Uranus in Taurus will be ups and downs of significant notice in the financial markets; not the pretty much progressive advance seen over the past 7 years as Uranus transited Aries, but a much more choppy and "swinging" financial trend, with rather drastic swings a definite possibility.

!4C

There are always costs, adverse effects, in all systems, economic or otherwise, connected with any good that system might achieve.
Yes, and our leaders do good job at implying that there aren't any downsides. What amazes me more is that no one from the media will publicly challenge them on it.

I'm guessing that there will be some type of an economic crisis during this transit. What else would provide the impetus to invent a new economic concept? It isn't something that changes on whim.

Recently, high profile people with background in AI software development have warned that the technology is currently making big leaps and many jobs will be eliminated in the near future. In other words, the threat of AI/robots on society isn't science fiction anymore. Bill Gates even recommended that the government should tax robots to make up for the the lost income tax revenues.

david starling

Yes, and our leaders do good job at implying that there aren't any downsides. What amazes me more is that no one from the media will publicly challenge them on it.

I'm guessing that there will be some type of an economic crisis during this transit. What else would provide the impetus to invent a new economic concept? It isn't something that changes on whim.

Recently, high profile people with background in AI software development have warned that the technology is currently making big leaps and many jobs will be eliminated in the near future. In other words, the threat of AI/robots on society isn't science fiction anymore. Bill Gates even recommended that the government should tax robots to make up for the the lost income tax revenues.

The Pluto in Aquarius generation will have a huge impact on how we conduct business on the Planet. Like-minded individuals acting in concert is an extremely powerful force.

Kuntuzangmo

That's not the case from where I'm from, but then our food industry isn't quit so technologically advanced. Similar to a natal chart, the current placements in the sky will affect different entities in disparate ways.

For one, IIRC Pluto entered Capricorn during the 2008 recession. Our country hasn't weathered that storm well, and it's a struggle to both meet our financial obligations to the IMF (which resulted in us having to sell our national airline), as well as to allocate resources in order for the country to continue to develop economically. Just a lot of debt and budget deficits. It doesn't help that our government is corrosive, corrupt and incompetent which makes it easier for us to remain in the gutters.

I was researching the food/medicine plant Moringa recently and it seems that the native of India has taken root elsewhere in the world including the Caribbean. According to some it is changing the landscape of agriculture in places like Jamaica, greatly helping people economically, and socially. Here are examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOM9zkkDDK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFxwxLsDXTg

Last edited:

Doomsday

No doubt the Pluto-Uranus aspect will herald a massive calamity.
And I say calamity because people inherently resist change instead of actively growing it, and we a due for a mega disaster or sorts anyways.

Last edited: